New player getting overwhelmned

Prev1
die4medollaz
11 posts Member
edited February 2018
so i am a p2p player "only spent $300 so far" and as always i watched many videos and guides before i ask in a forum and from what i have seen in the videos they all are so completly different and i will set on a course and another guide will say something different then i change my mind lol.

What i did do was bought the phoenix bundle even though the value isnt great someone said because i wanted a synergy team just to get me started for beginning game , galactic auto clears and light side clears and the thrawn event was on so i wanted a few pieces of him .
I also bought $150 in crystals for refreshes and a few chromium pulls wich i got nihlus and Chirrut and FOO and bought a few pieces i needed and im gonna buy boba and his ship so i dont have to waste energy on him.

I been farming phoenix pieces with my hard nodes and cantina & galactic and 6 of the same ships and a first order team but i keep wandering based off new info off a new guide i read and am using my mats stupidly and spreading myself way too thin.

Battles are getting really hard now and I would greatly appreciate a small road map for what to do for finishing the pve stuff and advance in cantina and wich teams i should farm to get me progressing including ships and what events are worth getting ready for that wont halt progression. Im thinking arena doesnt matter for now. Oh and lastly i will be spending another $500 for now what should i buy?
https://swgoh.gg/u/di4medollaz/collection/
Post edited by die4medollaz on

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Early on packs and chromium are ok for building a good base of toons, but unless you are going to keep a steady budget, they fall off once you start getting 7* toons.

The best plan that most players follow is to use crystals for gear in shipments and energy refreshes for farming.

Set up an account at swgoh.gg and post it here so people can see what you are working with.

Ships is hard, because you are probably a little ways out and it's hard to tell the future meta.

A roadmap is kinda up to you, and it sounds like you have a good start. Focus is key in this game, don't wander.

Make a plan, work the plan. 2 LS, 2 DS hardnodes maybe a 3rd for hardnode guild activity days. 1 cantina farm at a time, maybe mix in mods as you get there. Farm gear with the rest.

Gear farming, pick 1 or 2 toons at a time to bring up to a certain lvl.

Like I said you sound like you have a good base, how are you preparing for raids? The pit is a good source of gear and once you have it on farm you can move onto bigger things.

Scoundrels for credit heist, Lando, STH, and ig 88 are a good start.

Resistance will crush anything LS, but you will need one zeta and that's a little bit off. You can always borrow one from an ally.

Good luck, and welcome to the Forum.
  • Options
    so i am a p2p player "only spent $300 so far" and as always i watched many videos and guides before i ask in a forum and from what i have seen in the videos they all are so completly different and i will set on a course and another guide will say something different then i change my mind lol.

What i did do was bought the phoenix bundle even though the value isnt great someone said because i wanted a synergy team just to get me started for beginning game , galactic auto clears and light side clears and the thrawn event was on so i wanted a few pieces of him .
    I also bought $150 in crystals for refreshes and a few chromium pulls wich i got nihlus and Chirrut and FOO and bought a few pieces i needed and im gonna buy boba and his ship so i dont have to waste energy on him.

I been farming phoenix pieces with my hard nodes and cantina & galactic and 6 of the same ships and a first order team but i keep wandering based off new info off a new guide i read and am using my mats **** and spreading myself way too thin.

Battles are getting really hard now and I would greatly appreciate a small road map for what to do for finishing the pve stuff and advance in cantina and wich teams i should farm to get me progressing including ships and what events are worth getting ready for that wont halt progression. Im thinking arena doesnt matter for now. Oh and lastly i will be spending another $500 for now what should i buy?

Do you have a www.swgoh.gg account so that people can see your roster and offer advice? Do you have a guild lined up? Being in a guild is a great way to advance fast if you put the time and effort (sometimes money) in to prevent yourself from becoming dead weight
  • Options
    "Scoundrels for credit heist, Lando, STH, and ig 88 are a good start."

Just gonna double on what Kyno said - you want toons that 'pay for themselves' and scoundrels are key. you want to get the last tier of the credit heist unlocked ASAP. Those credits will go a long way un helping you level up your entire roster and then to buy Mods.

#AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    You spend all that money and you have nothing. This is how the game works if you have no guidance.

First of all your account is restricted by your level and therefore you can spend 10 thousand dollars and it won't make much. The game is grindy and everything takes time.

You need to focus on the things that give you experience, lots and lots of experience to level up faster. That's mostly energy refreshes.

It may seem tempting to just buy shards using crystals but its worth farming them through sims in order to also gain experience. It's gonna take a little longer but it's gonna pay off.

Phoenix is the right choice. Don't stop until Zeb, Kanan, Hera, Ezra and chopper are all 7 stars. Also the reason why you do poorly in battles is most likely lack of mods.

Once you hit level 50 start farming mods. If yoj are gonna spend any money on anything, mods is a good one. Don't buy the ones with crystals or credits from mod store until you know how mods work.

I suggest you go watch mobile gamer's video of how to get good speed mods, as speed is everything in this game.

Only level up the mods that are suggested by mobile gamer as they can become expensive credit wise.

Come back and ask for more advice when you get there.

For credit heist, credit heist is good but you won't need as many credits early on. Get your phoenix and empire first, then worry about heist.

If you want heist toon, get boba, lando, chewie, st han and cad bane. They should be sufficient.

Ignore those who say IG88. Your arena priorities need to be Kanan, Tarkin, ST han, Leia, Ackbar

So to sum up your goals:

1. Level up as fast as possible
    2. Get Phoenix to 7 stars
    3. Watch mod farming videos on YouTube and start farming mods.
    4. Start farming Empire toons

• B0untryHR7
    663 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    The credit heist isn't worth steering you from the right direction which is getting Palpatine and Thrawn to get R2. If he ends up missing one of them and has to wait for another 2 months just because he was spending resources farming for heist, then it's all for nothing.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • LaksonVell
    421 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    The credit heist isn't worth steering you from the right direction which is getting Palpatine and Thrawn to get R2. If he ends up missing one of them and has to wait for another 2 months just because he was spending resources farming for heist, then it's all for nothing.

While I agree the credit heist is not worth forcing so early due to level restrictions, R2d2 can be done with one of these, or neither.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »

OP has farmed "6 of the same ships" (his own words) which indicates that he is well past level 60. The difference between rewards from tier 1 credit heist and tier 3 credit heist (or even tier 4) are well worth diverting for. He will need those credits to promote and train his Phoenix and Empire toons, and perhaps buy a mod for them here and there. I would as a minimum farm Boba Fett's hard nodes every day (also benefits his ships) and take Chewie to 4* while farming other scoundrels 'on the side'.

He would end up earning more credits overall than if he first farmed all shards (without training/promoting) and then postponed his scoundrels farming until afterwards. Yes, there are other sources of credits than heists, I know, but those extra millions of credits will be a huge help, when promoting/training those 10 characters to be ready for the Thrawn/R2D2 events. (Costs increase at higher ranks/level). It's 15 million to promote them from 5* to 7* f.ex.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    get all your phoenix at 7 star to get Thrawn, Palpatine then you should work on them with vader! try to get a haat heroic guild to get General kenobi!
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Early on packs and chromium are ok for building a good base of toons, but unless you are going to keep a steady budget, they fall off once you start getting 7* toons.

The best plan that most players follow is to use crystals for gear in shipments and energy refreshes for farming.

Set up an account at swgoh.gg and post it here so people can see what you are working with.

Ships is hard, because you are probably a little ways out and it's hard to tell the future meta.

A roadmap is kinda up to you, and it sounds like you have a good start. Focus is key in this game, don't wander.

Make a plan, work the plan. 2 LS, 2 DS hardnodes maybe a 3rd for hardnode guild activity days. 1 cantina farm at a time, maybe mix in mods as you get there. Farm gear with the rest.

Like I said you sound like you have a good base, how are you preparing for raids? The pit is a good source of gear and once you have it on farm you can move onto bigger things.

Resistance will crush anything LS, but you will need one zeta and that's a little bit off. You can always borrow one from an ally.

omg i totally forgot to link my account sorry. Can you guys look https://swgoh.gg/u/di4medollaz/collection/
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

omg im so sorry im such a dummy and forgot to post my account duh. Can you look? im still low level but im stumped what to do even more now. I started doing mod challenges last night and you need jawas wich i have zero of , should i farm them? battles are getting so tough now https://swgoh.gg/u/di4medollaz/collection/
  • die4medollaz
    11 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

I been farming phoenix pieces with my hard nodes and cantina & galactic and 6 of the same ships and a first order team but i keep wandering based off new info off a new guide i read and am using my mats **** and spreading myself way too thin.

https://swgoh.gg/u/di4medollaz/collection/

omg im so sorry i am such a dummy and forgot to link my account so you guys could have taken into consideration of what i already have , im still too low level though but im not progressing cause im spreading myself to thin cause i dunno what to do.

The only guys i been working on is pheonix , boba , kylo , kylo unmasked , first order tie "dies 1 hit" , special first order tie fighter , phasma , leia , ashoka , biggs and that is it , i got sidious nihlus , rey , mace , qui gon , STH from lucky rolls but i just found out there is so much stuff i cant do because i dont have the proper teams and i dont know wich guys to farm for cause that takes my time and energy and diverts my shards away from phoenix and a dark team.

I just started doing mod challenges and i cant do them all cause i dont have a single jawa. Its things like that i dont wanna run into later. Also everything is getting so hard now cause i been doing things wrong. https://swgoh.gg/u/di4medollaz/collection/

• Options
    You're still working on too many things.
    Get phoenix up to speed, work on fleet pilots and ships where it doesn't conflict with phoenix. All you need for mod challenges right now is tier 3 health. Everything else can wait. IMO.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options

omg im so sorry i am such a dummy and forgot to link my account so you guys could have taken into consideration of what i already have , im still too low level though but im not progressing cause im spreading myself to thin cause i dunno what to do.

The only guys i been working on is pheonix , boba , kylo , kylo unmasked , first order tie "dies 1 hit" , special first order tie fighter , phasma , leia , ashoka , biggs and that is it , i got sidious nihlus , rey , mace , qui gon , STH from lucky rolls but i just found out there is so much stuff i cant do because i dont have the proper teams and i dont know wich guys to farm for cause that takes my time and energy and diverts my shards away from phoenix and a dark team.

I just started doing mod challenges and i cant do them all cause i dont have a single jawa. Its things like that i dont wanna run into later. Also everything is getting so hard now cause i been doing things wrong. https://swgoh.gg/u/di4medollaz/collection/

Relax... You're level 65, you're a little behind, but you're fine. As new as you are, you're months, if not years, away from being able to participate in all of the events and challenges, so don't worry about having a jawa team, and an ewok team, and a jedi time, and a FO team... yet. Their time will come. You're not going to get Jedi Training Rey the next time her event comes around. You're not going to get CLS his next time. Or BB8, or R2. You MIGHT be able to get Thrawn (probably not 7... he'll be coming up too soon*) and then Palp (maybe 7?) if you focus on Phoenix. That will go a long way towards helping you clear GW every day, and bump up your squad ranking for better rewards there. Once you're nearing the end of your Phoenix grind, then you can worry about farming your scoundrels for credit heist

Also, don't over-think the mods. Once you have a 5* phoenix team to clear the health mod challenge, you can get perfectly good mods for the short term.
  • Options
    Welcome to the game and good luck, after the first spent only your bank account limits are the last.

The devs change a lot of things at Will, so anything can always change. Start with Phoenix and Focus to have them 7 stars XII with Kanan and Sabine zetas is good, because you can unlock Palpitine and Thraw with them. CLS, JTR, R2D2 and BB8 are the others for future so lets see the road. First you need one guild that do Rancor and HAAT Heroic, to have Han Solo and Kenobi, some top players alone can solo both and not so Hard to enter one, and Han Solo is One of best heroes and is scoundrel for Credit Heist. CLS need Old Ben, Stormtrooper Han, Leia, Farm Boy Luke and R2D2, so your next scoundrel and hero i high recommend SHan. JTR need Finn, Scavenger Rey, BB8, Vet Han and Vet Chewbacca, that's why i high recommend Vet Han and Vet Chewbacca for Scoundrel 3 and 4, Boba is a good option to be the last, but you start with Chewbacca that could be the last, but just enough to Max credit Heist.

Kanan, Ezra and Kenobi would be your 3 first Jedis, so old Ben and Barris Offee could finish the Jedi team to unlock Yoda, but he is not Big deal these days, only was good before the first nerf. After you finished Phoenix and Scoundrel teams, Empire is your next, Snowtrooper, Veers, Shoretropper, Stormtrooper and Deathtrooper are good options, toghether with Vader, and you need empire team to unlock R2D2.

I could say that one good move is go after the other heroes required for CLS, but we dont know how the future Will be with New heroes and reworks, but by now you have some good options, and any doubts just ask, in special before wast money. Mods after thousands some players only have trash, others with a lot less have 30+ top mods, so just upgrade mods purple or gold with speed secondary or primary, but not spend money with them, except if its ok for you spend milions of crystals and have high chance to finish with more or less mods.
  • Options
    Be careful what you spend @die4medollaz - ask lots of questions and get good advice here from the knowledgeable and kind posters. Get value for your money, please don't waste it.
  • Options
    1. Phoenix to 7*. G.8 gets u 7* thrawn and palp on good rng. Go for g.10 for ezra and ur thru. And get u thru most of GW.
    2. GW store - zeb, teebo, ns initiate (if u want to try for talzin), cad bane, phasma
    3. Squad store - kanan, st han, leia, ackbar, tarkin, ig 88.
    4. Guild store - obk, maul, farmboy.
    5. Cantina store - chopper, boba, ahsoka, old daka.
    6. On hard nodes, farm boba, ahsoka, royal guard, jedi consular, teebo, old daka. It helps tremendously on long term.
    7. On cantina node - hera, ezra, obk, lando, tfp, farmboy, geo soldier, wedge.
    Pls take them all to 7*.
    Exceptions being if u fall back on credits, stop kanan and farm st han
    The rest u will know if u have these ready
    Good team for credit heist - boba, st han, lando. At g.8 to g.9. 7*. Rest 2 being clone wars chewie and cad bane if u want. The 1st 3 can demolish the heost of final tier.
    Ur priority if ur fav is cls then, getting EP, thrawn (5 PS), DV, TFP, tarkin, farmboy, obk, leia, st han and r2 (thru those 5 empire toons i mentioned). All need to be g.9 preferably to comfortably get cls..
    Hope this helps
  • Options
    For the love of ** @commander_unknown01 please don't bury new players under such a looooong list of targets.

@ OP you should keep a very very narrow focus to begin with. Phoenix is perfect, as said before get them to 7s before you farm anything else since this gives you an ok arena team.

Arena and fleet arena are crucial in this game. Do good there, get many crystals, refresh often, buy more gear, get better arena and fleet team, get more crystals, etc. If you don't do good at arena, even at P2P, your progress (and fun!) in this game will be so much slower.

So, that said: try to spend at least your weekend cantina energy on mods, you need them more than you need the stars on Ezra and Hera (for now). Once you have finished the Phoenix 5, focus on fleet, which happens to coincide greatly with Empire.

My suggestions after Phoenix 7s:
    Arena store: Tarkin to 7s, then StH to 7s, then Leia to 7s (both in prep for CLS, who can solo Rancor so don't bother farming old skool Rancoor toons such as Teebo)
    Cantina store: Boba (scoundrel, good ship) to 7s, later on Stormtrooper to 7s as Empire for R2
    Fleet store: Vader+Boba ship + Ezra/Tarkin/Biggs = assisting your priority farming
    Guild store: nothing really urgent, prolly best Farmboy Luke for CLS or buy gear
    Guild event store: likewise, buy gear here
    GW store: Biggs (best pilot!)
    Cantina: as I said, Ezra/Hera to 7s but also 1/4 or so mod farming; then TFP (great pilot, also Empire for R2), later on Wedge if you need him

This way you can transition to Empire arena team of Palp Vader Thrawn Tark and TFP, and get to (young shard) pretty meta fleet of Tarkin Biggs TFP Vader Boba + 2 Phoenix ships
  • Options
    For the love of ** @commander_unknown01 please don't bury new players under such a looooong list of targets.
    So, that said: try to spend at least your weekend cantina energy on mods, you need them more than you need the stars on Ezra and Hera (for now). Once you have finished the Phoenix 5, focus on fleet, which happens to coincide greatly with Empire.

Arena store: Tarkin to 7s, then StH to 7s, then Leia to 7s (both in prep for CLS, who can solo Rancor so don't bother farming old skool Rancoor toons such as Teebo)
    Cantina store: Boba (scoundrel, good ship) to 7s, later on Stormtrooper to 7s as Empire for R2
    Fleet store: Vader+Boba ship + Ezra/Tarkin/Biggs = assisting your priority farming
    Guild store: nothing really urgent, prolly best Farmboy Luke for CLS or buy gear
    Cantina: as I said, Ezra/Hera to 7s but also 1/4 or so mod farming; then TFP (great pilot, also Empire for R2), later on Wedge if you need him

This way you can transition to Empire arena team of Palp Vader Thrawn Tark and TFP, and get to (young shard) pretty meta fleet of Tarkin Biggs TFP Vader Boba + 2 Phoenix ships

Eh? :p

• Options

@ OP you should keep a very very narrow focus to begin with. Phoenix is perfect, as said before get them to 7s before you farm anything else since this gives you an ok arena team.

Arena and fleet arena are crucial in this game. Do good there, get many crystals, refresh often, buy more gear, get better arena and fleet team, get more crystals, etc. If you don't do good at arena, even at P2P, your progress (and fun!) in this game will be so much slower.

And i suppose thats supposed to feel like not burying with targets? Jeez, some people cant take their own advice @LordBane452501
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I am a p2p player that started the last week of November. I made a lot of mistakes so I can definitely give you some advice.

1. Level up Phoenix as fast as you can to 7 stars, gear 8. This will let you be fairly high in the arena and thus earn crystals.

2. Do not buy packs. Only buy bundles with guaranteed value. Starter bundles, first order bundles, etc.

3. Spend crystals on energy refreshes for cantina and hard nodes. Only farm hard nodes. If you are able to afford five cantina refreshes a day it will make a huge, huge, difference in the long run. If you can’t, then you want to do 6 energy refreshes and 3 cantina every day. That is 1150 crystals a day or 750 a day but if you’re farming Phoenix you will get some back from arena and once you open up fleet battles you’ll get more from that. I can’t stress enough how five cantina refreshes a day will speed up your progress though.

4. Do not buy characters with crystals that are easily farmable. This is a long-term game and if you use your crystals to buy characters you farm elsewhere you’ll regret it big time later on. Honestly for this 2 months at least you probably don’t want to spend crystals on any characters.

5. Do not level up or star up characters you aren’t going to immediately use. As a p2p player our biggest roadblock is credits. You will have enough shards to star up characters up not enough credits eventually. I have like 10-15 characters I could star up to 7 but no credits to do so and they are all lower level because I don’t have enough credits to level them either. Just save credits until you really need them.

6. Aside from Phoenix, scoundrels are next most important for the credit heist events. Here is how I would spend your shipments:

Cantina - Chopper, Boba Fett (scoundrel), stormtrooper. You’ll get these even faster if you’re doing five cantina refreshes a day.

Arena - Kanaan, St han (scoundrel), IG 88 (scoundrel), Tarkin, leia.

Galactic War - Zeb, Cad Bane (scoundrel), Biggs

7. Use your cantina energy to get these characters: Ezra, Hera, Lando (scoundrel), Biggs, Kylo Ren Unmasked. You want to make sure and get Hera to the point that her unique ability opens up, but then 7 Star ezra before Hera. Kylo Ren Unmasked gives you ship shards too which will make you much more powerful when you open up fleet, which in turn will get you more crystals.

8. Preparing for fleet is very important. Generally your dark side ships are stronger. You can easily place in top 3 though by farming Kylo Ren Unmasked, Tie fighter pilot, Boba Fett (you can buy his ship at four stars when you open up fleet battles).

9. Your squad order farming is as follows: Phoenix which gets you Palpatine and thrawn, empire which gets you r2, old school rebels which gets you commander Luke, first order which gets you bb8, resistance which gets you Jedi training Rey. Be flexible though based on the timing of events.

10. Note for scoundrel farming: don’t waste too much on them unless they will be used elsewhere and you don’t have to immediately farm them to seven stars. Just get them good enough to do your current level of credit heist. St han will be used for CLS event, Boba Fett will be used for his ship. The others you won’t use much. Cad bane eventually for Tb, but that’s way down the line. Lando is a rebel too so he’s great but if you’re farming Phoenix you don’t need him for anything but credit heist.
  • trickamsterdam
    4 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Nannos wrote: »

Relax... You're level 65, you're a little behind, but you're fine. As new as you are, you're months, if not years, away from being able to participate in all of the events and challenges, so don't worry about having a jawa team, and an ewok team, and a jedi time, and a FO team... yet. Their time will come. You're not going to get Jedi Training Rey the next time her event comes around. You're not going to get CLS his next time. Or BB8, or R2. You MIGHT be able to get Thrawn (probably not 7... he'll be coming up too soon*) and then Palp (maybe 7?) if you focus on Phoenix. That will go a long way towards helping you clear GW every day, and bump up your squad ranking for better rewards there. Once you're nearing the end of your Phoenix grind, then you can worry about farming your scoundrels for credit heist

Also, don't over-think the mods. Once you have a 5* phoenix team to clear the health mod challenge, you can get perfectly good mods for the short term.

This guy is giving you good advice. I wish I'd had it when I stsrted. Things like a high-level jawa farming team are for very, very high-lvl players.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Options
    Ok its a few weeks later and i went all out spending but i can never stay focused lol. I Spent around $500 canadian and blew the 70,000 crystals rocket fast being kinda stupid lol.

Here is what i bought and what i got. I have a few questions on what to do next.
    I spent maybe 14,000 on chromium packs and got nothing great. I got Lando 4*, Mace 5* , Chirrut almost 4* , Fosftp , Ashoka fulcrum , veteran smuggler han , veteran smuggler chewie , teebo , darth maul 4* , Cassian , Gar , logray , Poe 4*, sith marauder , Gamorrean guard and nhilus to 4* and a bunch of pieces.

I bought bobas ship , ghost ship , darth sion 4* , Visa Marr 4*
    5x 1000 crystal mod packs , a whole bunch of 599 crystal gear packs , few training droid packs , few fleet data cards and the rest in refreshes and missing pieces of a few toons in shipments i needed to complete and any gear i needed.
    Yes i know alot of waste but i cant help myself lol. From now on i will only buy bundles and crystals for refreshes.

I would appreciate if you can look at my new current progress https://swgoh.gg/u/di4medollaz/collection/

Here are a few questions
    1. From what i read empire ships are best and thats what i been farming but The ship arena on my shard top 10 rankings are guys who rather then get harder to get empire ships have easy to get less good ships like ashoka , jedi consular , kylos ship , biggs ship all too higher level and more higher stars.

Wouldnt be a waste of my time and resources spending my galactic credits on those ships and most of all leveling the crew of those ships for power?
    i been semi leveling grand moff and biggs and kylo and tie fighter and first order tie fighter pilots but the rewards at higher tier dont seem to be much greater and leveling guys like tie pilots and kylo seem a waste for now.
    My current ships i use are grand moff ,Bobas slave 4* , ghost 2* "high crew power" , tie silencer 3* , jedi consular 3* " stopped buying" ashoka 3* , fotf 3* , imperial tie 4* , biggs 4*

2. i hear jedi rey event is coming up , should i waste credits & gear leveling the vetran smugglers that are only 3*?

3. i can only get low level mods up to stage 6 and on challenges only health and defense stage 2 and my scoundrels are too low for crit chance stage 1 and i only have 3 scoundrels. Should i skip mods and using cantina energy for now or do the health and defense ones even though i can do only low level?

4. Should i gear and level a healer? i only really have 2 choices for now , chirrut who is almost at 4* but no gear and luminara who is only 3* but easy to farm. Chirrut seems good.

5. can you look at my progress and help me what to concentrate on from here? so many events or other things pop up that i am not prepared for or dont have the proper guys for. My pheonix is getting there slowly. And for dark side i been using vader , Nihilus 4, boba , kylo umasked , and darth sion or fotp.

Thanks , im suprised at this community and the quick answers you get here , i appreciate it greatly and so will my wallet lol
  • Options
    Ok its a few weeks later and i went all out spending but i can never stay focused lol. I Spent around $500 canadian and blew the 70,000 crystals rocket fast being kinda **** lol.

Here is what i bought and what i got. I have a few questions on what to do next.
    I spent maybe 14,000 on chromium packs and got nothing great. I got Lando 4*, Mace 5* , Chirrut almost 4* , Fosftp , Ashoka fulcrum , veteran smuggler han , veteran smuggler chewie , teebo , darth maul 4* , Cassian , Gar , logray , Poe 4*, sith marauder , Gamorrean guard and nhilus to 4* and a bunch of pieces.

I bought bobas ship , ghost ship , darth sion 4* , Visa Marr 4*
    5x 1000 crystal mod packs , a whole bunch of 599 crystal gear packs , few training droid packs , few fleet data cards and the rest in refreshes and missing pieces of a few toons in shipments i needed to complete and any gear i needed.
    Yes i know alot of waste but i cant help myself lol. From now on i will only buy bundles and crystals for refreshes.

I would appreciate if you can look at my new current progress https://swgoh.gg/u/di4medollaz/collection/

Here are a few questions
    1. From what i read empire ships are best and thats what i been farming but The ship arena on my shard top 10 rankings are guys who rather then get harder to get empire ships have easy to get less good ships like ashoka , jedi consular , kylos ship , biggs ship all too higher level and more higher stars.
    ****'s ship is arguably the best non-capital in the game, goes very well with empire since they do so much target lock, and is fairly easy to farm. Farm the ship from GW shop, and Biggs himself should be on your list for cantina farm after you finish Hera and Ezra. TFP and his ship should probably be right behind Biggs in both places (or concurrently on the ship if you have enough GW currency. Ahsoka and consular will both fall off very rapidly in ships, so I wouldn't recommend a lot of resources as they will be very short term.
    Wouldnt be a waste of my time and resources spending my galactic credits on those ships and most of all leveling the crew of those ships for power?
    i been semi leveling grand moff and biggs and kylo and tie fighter and first order tie fighter pilots but the rewards at higher tier dont seem to be much greater and leveling guys like tie pilots and kylo seem a waste for now.
    My current ships i use are grand moff ,Bobas slave 4* , ghost 2* "high crew power" , tie silencer 3* , jedi consular 3* " stopped buying" ashoka 3* , fotf 3* , imperial tie 4* , biggs 4*
    Keep farming Slave 1, Imp. Tie, Biggs' x-wing, and the two phoenix ships (for Thrawn's Chimera) as best you can. FOTF is solid, but it can wait behind the others listed if need be.
    2. i hear jedi rey event is coming up , should i waste credits & gear leveling the vetran smugglers that are only 3*?
    No. You can't complete the event to even unlock Rey without them both at 7* which is simply not doable for you right now. Worry about them later.
    3. i can only get low level mods up to stage 6 and on challenges only health and defense stage 2 and my scoundrels are too low for crit chance stage 1 and i only have 3 scoundrels. Should i skip mods and using cantina energy for now or do the health and defense ones even though i can do only low level?
    Do enough to fill your characters with the mods you have from health. Once you unlock Health challenge, get your 5 dot mods from there. You can worry about set bonuses and the like later, in the beginning just worry about pumping the right numbers in as best you can (speed primary arrows, crit damage triangles, etc.) I would farm one, maaaaybee two refreshes a day on mods, spend the rest on cantina characters for now. There's a lot of great characters to be gained there (Ezra > Hera > Biggs/TFP > Kru/Lando/etc.)
    4. Should i gear and level a healer? i only really have 2 choices for now , chirrut who is almost at 4* but no gear and luminara who is only 3* but easy to farm. Chirrut seems good.
    Chirrut is very solid, and works great with Baze even if Baze is only 3*, but I would probably still put him on the back burner for now. Don't worry at all about Luminara. Standard healers just don't do enough past level 70.
    5. can you look at my progress and help me what to concentrate on from here? so many events or other things pop up that i am not prepared for or dont have the proper guys for. My pheonix is getting there slowly. And for dark side i been using vader , Nihilus 4, boba , kylo umasked , and darth sion or fotp.
    Get Hera and Chopper up to 5* so you can at least unlock Thrawn next time he comes up. After that finish Ezra then come back to Hera and finish her. Nihilus is great but he is a long farm and can't be used in any events. Instead, as far as dark side goes, focus on getting 5 Empire characters as best you can, so Achievements for Vader, TFP once you finish phoenix, Tarkin from shops. Add in your Thrawn and Emperor (phoenix can do his event too) and you're golden. If you can't get Vader in time Stormtrooper and Royal Guard are fairly easy to farm as well. But Phoenix comes first!
    Thanks , im suprised at this community and the quick answers you get here , i appreciate it greatly and so will my wallet lol

You're welcome, and welcome to the forums. Remember, stay focused. Once you get a solid base you can start to alter plans a bit to react to upcoming events, but it's still not a great idea. In the early going though you must stay on target!
  • Nannos
    26 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Another reminder that you need to focus...

Looking at your .gg, you're wasting way too many credits and resources on toons that you won't use for months. Level 31 Holdo? 15 Rose? 29 Gamorrean Gaurd? 51 FOSFTP when you don't have the ship? That's a lot of credits that you can be using elsewhere. For example, your arena squad is only at 61 or 62, when they should be at your current level of 70. You're on track to having a huge variety of bad toons, which if that's what you want, go for it. But I've personally had a lot more fun with a handful of really successful toons.

There are going to be a lot of events that come and go, especially as you hit level 75+, that you're simply not going to be able to participate in the first time around. They're designed to get you to spend serious money on panic farms just to participate in a 10 minute event with rewards like 100K credits and 1 omega, or a handful of trooper shards and some mediocre mods.
  • Options
    Ah man, you seriously just need to slow down.

Focus on one faction or target one event at a time. As soon as you’ve built that to beat it (even if you haven’t played the event yet) then move on.

You don’t want 5 different teams that may or may not get you Thrawn, or R2, or BB8 etc. as there is always that chance you miss out on all because you’ve gone too thin
  • Options
    You don’t want 5 different teams that may or may not get you Thrawn, or R2, or BB8 etc. as there is always that chance you miss out on all because you’ve gone too thin

Agreed. At your stage -set one goal and work towards it single-mindedly and without distraction.

• Options
    Nannos wrote: »
    You're on track to having a huge variety of bad toons, which if that's what you want, go for it. But I've personally had a lot more fun with a handful of really successful toons.

Wise words.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    1. Ahsoka's ship and JC's ship are not nad at all mid—game. Your mile stones for the zeta challenge is to have 5 non—capital DS ships at 4* and 8 non—capital ships altogether at 5*. DS ships and Biggs alone won't cut it, since some of the DS ships are rare/slow farms. To acquire the best capital ship in game, you will need Ghost, Phantom and other rebel ships.

2. JT Rey is far ahead in the future for you. I wouldn't focus on her just yet. You won't maje it this time around anyway (not even by spending another 500 dollars). However, if you get your Phoenix to 7* you may be able to get Thrawn and Palpatine to 7* the next time theur events occur. With those 2 and 3 more empire toons at 7* you can get R2D2 to 7* next time his event appears. R2 is needed for CLS. With a bit of luck — and focus — you may be ready for CLS, should his event return in a month.

3. You should do the defense and health mod challenges at tier 3 at least once. This will give you mods of better quality more frequently in mod shipments. While preparing for the R2D2 event you will also be able to do potency mod challenges (both require empire teams). But yes, you SHOULD work on your scoundrels — at least up to the stage, where you can do the highest tier of credit heist. Looking at your roster you REALLY need those extra credits. Especially if you want to keep spreading them around on toons, you don't use.

4. Your Phoenix team really should do will that protection gain of theirs. And... MAN! You really should level them. They trail by 10 levels.

5. You REALLY should focus on only a few goals with some long term goals on the side. Spreading your ressources like you do, will not get you far (but it may be fun anyway :—) )
    See a few recommendations above. Most importantly: Level your arena team. Yes, you may soon need to change it, if you want to become competitive, but they will still last you some time.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Doh! I see that much of the advice was already given to you back in february. It seems like the most important advice is to have patience and focus. You won't have it all in a week. Don't spread your ressources too thin. Make a plan (advice from back in february still holds) and stick to it. Don't divert towards Rey Jedi Training, which is an unrealistic goal on short terms. Stick to the advice from back in february (Phoenix, Thrawn, Palpatine, scoundrels for credit heist and forward from there)
  • die4medollaz
    11 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    thanks for all the advice. All those guys that are leveled like that was from when i started the game lol i wont make that mistake again. I been farming phoenix like everyone said and been farming boba and i got lando and been leveling and gearing a dark side team , just not sure wich team combo to use.
    But now that i already made that mistake and all those toons are in fact gear 7 and 4* or higher i was thinking now that its already done should i stay on that path with a small amount of them thats why i asked. Some of the toons i started seemed good as a side project since i already wasted on them.
    Here is my list for your convienience https://swgoh.gg/u/di4medollaz/collection/

My ships are coming along but like someone said a few comments up empire ships are such a slow farm and all the top guys in my shard are almost all easy farm high star and level ships like jedi cons , ashoka ect. Thats why i wanted to know if i should stop wasting ship tokens on empire ships cause it has great toon tokens alot.
    Ive gotten almost all the dark ships that youtube videos say are good to 4 star but like i said it feels like a waste but even still i dont think im gonna farm those easy ships cause it seems it will fall off bad later.

Ok now i really need help knowing something.
    Now that jedi ray came out and i seen the requirments my question about getting her was laughable lol. BB8 not so much.
    I bought the first order pack cause it leveled my phasma to 7* and kylo to 6* and FOTP to 5* and as a added bonus it gave me 4* First order officer and 4 *first order stormtrooper. I already had the FOE and FOSFTP from chromium.

With that roster i got up to tier v BB8 I only need tier v to complete him but i only have 3 out of 5 five star and up guys with the officer and kylo unmasked and the stormtrooper needing 60 shards a piece too 5*
    How much do you think it would cost me to complete that last tier with what i have? i will even buy the training droids and credits so i dont waste what i have. Should i?
    when a event finishes and restarts months later can you do the low stages again or does it continue where you left off?

oh and lastly i bought the resistance pack cause those packs are great deals. i wont level them as per your advice but it did get me finn and rey almost 6* and poe 5*. Finn seems like the only good one. Scavanger rey was apparently meta when i first started lol and i stopped , that was a long time ago haha