Raid anomaly

Prev1
jimmyjam
3 posts Member
edited February 2018
I believe a guild member has hacked Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes. He goes from zero points in the Rancor raid, to over 7 million points and it happens a few minutes after the Rancor raid has finished.

Replies

• Options
    Not hacking could be him soloing.
  • Options
    They may have just been registering a zero (having a weak character enter and die) before. Doesn't necessarily mean they are cheating, just finally giving the raid a shot. You have to get at least a zero to get rewards. Also, as long as you entered the raid before it ended, you can finish up to an hour after the raid ends.
  • Wil
    140 posts Member
    Options
    He is probably just going on a very long, high scoring attack run with one squad and then waiting to finish it up to make sure everyone else had time to get attacks in. It's called solo-ing.
  • Options
    You realize people can complete their currently loaded run even after the raid finishes right? They have the full 60minutes of calculating results to do it.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Message @CG_Leviathan and @CG_LucifersDaddy with investigations into reports of ‘exceptional account behavior’and other unsavory activities. Speaking of exceptional behavior, now seems like a perfect time to give a refresher on what to do should you see something suspicious or in SWGOH.

Send a direct forum message to CG_Leviathan with the following information:
    • Your ally code (this assists with tracking the arena and battles you are seeing).
    • In-game name of player you suspect of wrong-doing (ally code if you have it).
    • Any guild names associated with this player are also helpful.
    • A brief description of the behavior observed.
    • Times / dates and in-game locations are very handy here.
    • Any other details or screenshots you wish to provide.

Thank you all for helping us help you. And while Leviathan is taking the reins on day-to-day investigations, LD is still around. He plans on spending his extra time creating a robust set of hacker-hunting tools to find and punish cheaters more efficiently and effectively.
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options
    Before accusing someone of hacking it would be smart to understand how the game works.

Your damage stays at zero until you end your battle by being defeated or winning. Thus, someone who can solo the rancor will go from zero to over 10 million as soon as they end the battle.
  • Options
    I believe he's hacking, because he doesn't have the galactic power to put up 7 million in the rancor raid, his galactic power is under 1.5 million. Its not just me noticing it too. A friend and a co-worker noticed he has no points through the whole thing, then suddenly appears to be in first.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    AtlasMKx wrote: »
    Before accusing someone of hacking it would be smart to understand how the game works.

Your damage stays at zero until you end your battle by being defeated or winning. Thus, someone who can solo the rancor will go from zero to over 10 million as soon as they end the battle.

This ^^. But also,follow VampireX s instructions if you think it is more than that.
  • Options
    Oh and just so you know, if you are still in the rancor battle when someone else kills it you can still have your damage get posted until one hour passes. That's what the countdown after it's beaten is for.
  • Options
    @jimmyjam it is possible to put up 7 million in rancor with less than 1.5 million gp, I have an account at just over 1 million gp and can post up a full solo 10 million +. It is about having the right squad composition to put up that kind of damage.
  • Options
    Let me rephrase the question then, how likely is it that a person in one battle can put up 7 million point in the rancor raid when they have a galactic power of 1.5 million?
  • Options
    jimmyjam wrote: »
    I believe he's hacking, because he doesn't have the galactic power to put up 7 million in the rancor raid, his galactic power is under 1.5 million. Its not just me noticing it too. A friend and a co-worker noticed he has no points through the whole thing, then suddenly appears to be in first.

I was soloing rancor with Teebo and Vader teams under 1.5 million. Now CLS and Han Solo can do the entire raid by themselves. It's not about the size your Galactic Power, it's what you do with it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Let me rephrase the question then, how likely is it that a person in one battle can put up 7 million point in the rancor raid when they have a galactic power of 1.5 million?

There are quite a few teams that can solo (just over 10M) you only need 5 toons, so over all GP is not a factor. Anyone of these teams that is underdeveloped will stall out in P4 due to rancor speed, so 7M sounds right for a developing rancor solo team.

Do you have his swgoh.gg that would be more telling.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

GP isn’t very relevant at all. It’s all about having the right characters to do it. You could have a solo team at a low GP or not have one at a high GP.
  • Options

Very likely, I've been able to full solo the rancor with 1.1mil GP. This is not relevant as it depends on what characters are geared and levelled
  • Options
    1.5 mil is more that enough galactic power with the right squad.

Do they have a 7 star Vader with a zeta on the leader ability? Total of 4 more empire/with at 7 star? Other great turn meter reducing characters like CLS or jyn.
  • Options
    I've was soloing heroic rancor at gp 700000. It's not hard to do with cls under a zader lead.
  • Options

If he had some idea what he was doing while building up a 1.5m roster, I’d give a close to 100% chance
  • Options
    My Rancor solo team is 85,000 GP, would be lower if I don't count QGJ's zeta that isn't used. Consistently solo for 10.something million. 7m damage isn't even a full solo. His/her GP doesn't mean anything, they have farmed the right characters for raiding.

If it is something you rarely see in your guild maybe congratulate them on putting a half decent team together.
  • Options
    He's doing pre-loaded score i think.
  • Options
    My second account is under 1.5 and I auto it for a solo, its all about having the right players

You need to take a step back and realize that it doesnt have to do with GP or hardest hitting characters, its the TM control on rancor

Plus like others have said, you have 60 minutes after its dead to still post a score as long as you didnt try to join after it was dead
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    There's a lot of teams that can do a huge amount of damage on Rancor, I Soloed the raid way before we Got GP score, and recalculated to present score system I doubt that I even had hit 750K GP back then
    Edit: A little hint, Turn meter reduction toons are gold in Pit Raid
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    OP, your guildmate has a good squad, that's all it is. They are actually doing you a favor by waiting until the raid is finished to post their score. Consider that they could probably post their score much earlier so that when you got a chance, there was only P4 left to suffer through. You should be thankful that your guildie is a team player looking out for the rest of the guild instead of accusing them of cheating. A good move would be to ask them for advice: "What team are you using? Great score!"
  • Options
    OP, your guildmate has a good squad, that's all it is. They are actually doing you a favor by waiting until the raid is finished to post their score. Consider that they could probably post their score much earlier so that when you got a chance, there was only P4 left to suffer through. You should be thankful that your guildie is a team player looking out for the rest of the guild instead of accusing them of cheating. A good move would be to ask them for advice: "What team are you using? Great score!"

This, absolutely this, ^^^
  • Options
    In the last 6 months this person has gone from 1.5 million points to 4 million points in heroic pit/rancor raid with multipke battles to one battle getting over 7 million points in heroic pit/rancor raid in the last 2 weeks. I just think its very suspicious.
  • Options
    In the last 6 months this person has gone from 1.5 million points to 4 million points in heroic pit/rancor raid with multipke battles to one battle getting over 7 million points in heroic pit/rancor raid in the last 2 weeks. I just think its very suspicious.

Ask them about their squad comp. 6 months is plenty of time to build a good pit squad. Would you like us to help you build one? Link your playerID to swgoh.gg and post a link, we will help you compose an effective team.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options

In 6 months?

It would be suspicious if they hadn't progressed over that time.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

6 months is a very long time in this game. Somebody could go from low rancor scores to a full solo overnight if that was the night he got CLS, since CLS can solo Rancor *by himself*.

Nothing you have said is at all suspicious.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Once you figure out the best comp you can make or bring that final piece up to 7*, it all falls into place. Honestly that sounds like exactly what happened here.

If you post his swgoh.gg we can tell you the exact team he is using. It's all about TMR, once you get enough and the toons fast enough, rancor stops taking turns.
  • Options

It sounds more like you and your pals are bitter over the fact he his beating all your scores. There is nothing suspicious about this at all.