Breeathe... Just breeathe....

Prev1
Movan_Lipost0201
18 posts Member
edited March 2018
Hi guys,
What is going on here?
Everybody is shouting at the devs because "the marquee events are not here" or "the sith raid didn't came with the QoL update"!!!! WOW, what a shame! Don't u think we should first thank them all for the work they do? I'm not talking to everybody, but for those who complain about them having to wait 1 or 2 more days to get what they want. Keep calm guys, it's just a game! Youre gonna get it all "VERY SOON" so pleaase stop being mad at the devs as if your life depends on the upcoming of the sith raid or of the darth sion event.
Thank you.

Replies

• Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Game to us but job to them.
    Contractor tells you 3 months for a reno, takes 7 months instead.
    You still happy?!
    Doubt it.
  • Options
    We all are complaining cause no one is communicating. Point me to a post where they even said it was delayed? I wouldn't care if it was being delayed for bugs or stuff, I care because NO ONE IS TELLING US KITTEN! Like, where is Kozi? No offence Leviathan, but you haven't exactly told us anything either. There is practically no info on anything other then "Soon"
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Options
    And I would add there is no shame to say that they are experiencing a delay ...
  • Options
    Ok I hear you, but why aren't you satisfied with this "SOON"? It means we're gonna get it in a few days, maybe tomorrow... no need of more information
  • Options
    Well I can't speak for everybody but I don't spend money on this game. I'm grateful that they update this game like they do. Sure, there is room for better communication but a lot of other games don't put half as much time in as these devs do.
  • Options
    correction, they said "very soon"

also worth noting that they never said the Raid would be released the same time as QoL, they said information about the raid would be released the same time as QoL. and it was.
  • Options
    Ok I hear you, but why aren't you satisfied with this "SOON"? It means we're gonna get it in a few days, maybe tomorrow... no need of more information

Because its always "soon" "soon" "soon". Its getting tiring
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    I don't breathe, since my wife said I am a soulless automaton. Saves a lot on oxygen bills.

Kidding aside, while having the new raid would be nice I would prefer it to be nearly or completely bug free first. The issue at hand is they (the devs) wrote that the raid would come with the QoL update where I believe they meant information about the raid was coming with the update.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    also worth noting that they never said the Raid would be released the same time as QoL, they said information about the raid would be released the same time as QoL. and it was.

That's not a factual statement.
  • Options

From the road ahead post
    "The raid will come out with our upcoming Quality of Life update. Expect to see some more updates on what the content will look like – and please keep an eye on forum announcements for more details!"
  • Options
    I’m with you OP... all the hate and angry posts lately you can never please anyone! It will be coming have a little patience. Things get delayed and miscommunicated through the grapevine. Everyone needs to take a chill pill this isn’t your life it is just a game...
  • Options

From the road ahead post
    "The raid will come out with our upcoming Quality of Life update. Expect to see some more updates on what the content will look like – and please keep an eye on forum announcements for more details!"

is it too late to delete my comment? :)
  • Options
    Sincerely, I first was a bit upset with that "soon" thing, but the devs don't want to give us a date, so that they don't have to hurry and they can deliver us something which is well working! You have to put yourself in their boots!
  • Options
    Sincerely, I first was a bit upset with that "soon" thing, but the devs don't want to give us a date, so that they don't have to hurry and they can deliver us something which is well working! You have to put yourself in their boots!

Like I said, I am perfectly fine with that, In fact I encourage that. But... for the love of the empire just TELL US that is your plan
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    Options
    Other complaints are that we got basically none of what we actually asked for:
    • No mod management
    • No bronzium slider
    • No targeted arena selection
    • No challenge gear fixes
    • No sandbox mode
    • No squad management outside of battle screens
    • No shop content updates
    and on and on . . .

Instead we got simmable GW (best part of the update) and the likely ruining of TW, which used to be fun because my lower-powered, never-used squads could finally contribute, and now they're worthless again.

There would still be people whining about the delay in any case. But maybe some of this frustration is because since the QoL itself was so disappointing, the new raid and characters were all we had to look forward to.
  • Options

To be honest they should never had said "the raid will be coming with the upcoming QOL update" if it wasn't already finished and ready to go. Why set a date when they even have small doubts that it won't be ready?
  • Options
    Odds are its people who were around for the shenanigans when HAAT was first introduced. First they said “August” (oii vey with that joke), then they said “in a couple of weeks”, then it ended up being released in the late October/early november timeframe (cant remember exactly), but even with all that delay it was STILL released with game breaking bugs and with no communication on any of it about anything. People freak out now because they don’t like to see history repeating itself, can’t really blame them for that.
  • catharsis478
    676 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Copied from OP and News post:

UPDATED: @CG_RyDiggs 2/28 6:10PM PST

Clarification: Sith Triumvirate Raid release:

Hello Heroes,

It has been a great week of version updating and releases and we've enjoyed the excitement. There is still more to come, however we have no more releases planned for tonight.

Please know we plan to release the Sith Triumvirate Raid VERY SOON.

I'll update you all tomorrow as necessary so stay tuned!

Cheers!

• AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    Odds are its people who were around for the shenanigans when HAAT was first introduced. First they said “August” (oii vey with that joke), then they said “in a couple of weeks”, then it ended up being released in the late October/early november timeframe (cant remember exactly), but even with all that delay it was STILL released with game breaking bugs and with no communication on any of it about anything. People freak out now because they don’t like to see history repeating itself, can’t really blame them for that.

Exactly.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Being on the hate people. Love reading all the pointless complaints. (I wrote a couple too, just for fun)
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    gufu21 wrote: »
    • No mod management
    • No bronzium slider
    • No sandbox mode
    and on and on . . .

Instead we got simmable GW (best part of the update) and the likely ruining of TW, which used to be fun because my lower-powered, never-used squads could finally contribute, and now they're worthless again.

There would still be people whining about the delay in any case. But maybe some of this frustration is because since the QoL itself was so disappointing, the new raid and characters were all we had to look forward to.

Don’t forget:
    No compensation for chimera event fail.
    No compensation for crate/boba Xmas fail
    And on and on

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    The problem is all of the assumptions people are making. “Feb is month of sith”: assumption. “Raid is coming with QOL update”: assumption. “Raid is coming within the next few weeks”: assumption.

Like TLJ, people are getting mad over their assumptions not being the eventual reality
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    “Raid is coming with QOL update”: assumption.

That was actually posted by the devs. No assumptions were made.
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    The problem is all of the assumptions people are making. “Feb is month of sith”: assumption. “Raid is coming with QOL update”: assumption. “Raid is coming within the next few weeks”: assumption.

Like TLJ, people are getting mad over their assumptions not being the eventual reality

Raid coming with QOL is not an assumption it was stated by the devs. Scroll up as someone already linked it.
  • Options
    The problem is not that they said it would come with the QOL update. It's that they never bothered to tell us otherwise even once it was clear to them that they wouldn't be coming at the same time. And we have no idea how long they knew of this, but I imagine they had at least suspicions about it when they delayed the gamechanger videos to yesterday from Tuesday. All we're asking for is communication. It's easy to manage people's expectations by telling them the thing they're expecting isn't happening when they originally said to expect it. Or even that it might be delayed if they're not sure it will be delayed. Say that you're still hoping to get it to us the day you said you would, but you're not sure. Then if it doesn't happen, there won't be this level of outrage.
  • Options
    gufu21 wrote: »
    • No mod management
    • No bronzium slider
    • No sandbox mode
    and on and on . . .

I will admit the GW sim was nice, but this reply hits the nail on the head. If they even gave us 2 of the things listed above, I think most of the community would have been a little more understanding...ahh who am I kidding, forums are never happy places.

Also, can we add to the list to remove the "delete" button from the mod movement section. Why would anybody ever do this?? To me it was just cruel to even put this option in the game and even worse to still have it in the game after two years.
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Options
    Im with the poster. Thank you for the devs, putting content in this already great game, which has been tremendeous fun for many months, completely free.
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    Options
    I'm of the mindset that I don't care much that it is delayed, but I hate lack of communication. Be involved please. I'm not saying they have to come out and say the new date is X. "Soon" and "Very Soon" are meaningless. They're all relative. Soon could be by next Christmas and very soon by default could mean Halloween.

A couple ideas.
    - Say in a few days or a few more weeks.
    - Make posts daily that give us a little info like we ran it through and we're not happy with how TMR seems to be working on DN.
    - We plan on adding one more feature
    - Here's another teaser......

Instead we get nothing. Honest to God not even a sorry. Just no more releases tonight. We've done a great job though. Want to point that out. Even the last line of we'll update you tomorrow if necessary. What kind of garbage is that? How about we'll update you tomorrow. If the update is the raid then great. We're all happy. Else we still expect an update and not at 11:59 PM PST.

This and this alone is what frustrates me.
  • Options
    Changes will be here when they are here. It's as simple as that.

Why the stress? Life and happiness and relaxation is infinitely more important.

Calm down, please- for your own sake.
  • Options
    ...NO ONE IS TELLING US KITTEN! Like, where is Kozi?

Kozi’s twitter said she’s moving to Washington.
    SnakesOnAPlane