Darth Traya is for Whale Guilds only

Prev1
Shahram1222
198 posts Member
edited March 2018
The heroic tier of the Sith raid is too difficult for the vast majority of guilds to beat. Only the mega guilds full of whales can complete it. So that means only whales are getting Traya any time soon. Is this what CG intended? To give the best characters to whale guilds only?

Replies

• Options
    I am thinking, yes
  • Engels
    90 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
  • Options
    The realized cost of this character is orders of magnitude greater than the cost of normal new characters, at the moment. In 18-36 months, the relative cost should much closer to free.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    There’s always a thread like this when a new raid is released. Just like GK, everyone will have her at 7* in 8-9 months. Top guilds will have her in 3-4 maybe.
  • Options
    It’s a brand new raid, of course the heroic is crazy hard- give it some time, they’ll release new toons that can make it easier. People were saying the same thing when the HAAT launched
  • Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    There’s always a thread like this when a new raid is released. Just like GK, everyone will have her at 7* in 8-9 months. Top guilds will have her in 3-4 maybe.

I think we're looking at much longer than 8-9 months before she starts to appear in the rosters of "average" guilds, which I would associate with "everyone".
  • Nurgle
    252 posts Member
    Options
    They will provide means and options to improve your damage in the raid you can purchase for real money soon.
    I‘M PICKLE RICK!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Nurgle wrote: »
    They will provide means and options to improve your damage in the raid you can purchase for real money soon.

still cheaper than being a whale.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    The heroic tier of the Sith raid is too difficult for the vast majority of guilds to beat. Only the mega guilds full of whales can complete it. So that means only whales are getting Traya any time soon. Is this what CG intended? To give the best characters to whale guilds only?

Yes that's the intent. It was the same for Han and gk. Don't really know why you would expect anything different. They want players to invest to get the characters they covet. This is no different. I'm not a big fan of the new raid. But if it was just a traya hand out I would be really disappointed. I don't need another 0 damage 0 thought raid. Where you just hit auto and look at your phone when it's done.
  • Options
    Not exactly. Right now it looks like you need Vader, Palpatine, Thrawn, CLS, R2, BB8, JTR, Hermie, DeathT, Veers, Shore, UKR, FOST, and all their supporting cast at g12 and +110 or more speed in order to get through the heroic raid to earn Traya shards. That does not mean whales only, but it is going to take low spenders and f2p a long time to get there.

That is by design. All the legendaries and hard node heroes at max stats to complete end-game raid. Equates to a mostly complete 7* roster to get there. Talzin helps too and that is definitely a P2P hero right now. I am surprised GMYoda does not have a niche yet to require jedi investment. Would not be surprised if Rose and Holdo end up in the raid meta. Sion and Maurauder are also somewhat effective P2P.

For end-game content, sounds about right, doesn't it? But the raid is still playable at lower tiers if you want. You don't have to be a whale, but you will sure get there faster if you are.

Sure wish I did not miss JTR the first time around. Can't do squat in Heroic P1 without her.
  • Options
    Is the health in tier 7 less than 6 like the rancor raid? Or is it just as high as phase 6
  • Options
    How could I forget GK and RHan? Need them too.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    The raid just was released. Of course she is for whale guilds only right now. Same thing happened with Kenobi.

My problem with the raid is pretty much completely covered by MCmole's video. Jedi Training Rey is one of the only viable options currently cause the bosses are so overtuned. The game is all about relying on buffs and debuffs. If debuffs don't stick (which they will not do in this raid) then there really isn't much left. All we can rely on to do decent damage in this raid is essentially expose, and since Rey's mind tricks are unresistable that is like the only debuff that works.
  • Options
    Don’t forget deathmark. But that’ll be nerfed soon, so...
  • Options
    It's tough for standalone guilds. Ones that are part of an alliance are facing reshuffles to form heroic ready rosters at the top end. The rest will just have to stick through not being able to do heroic for now - it also gives them time to work on getting jtr. Over time excess capacity will be sent to the mid tier guilds so they too can complete heroic
  • Options
    My guild doesn't even want to play this raid. We're 88M+ GP. Tier 5 took us 6 days. The lower tiers aren't worth running as the rewards aren't worth the effort. And apparently neither is tier 5. So we're going to sit this one out until it's retooled.
    This raid at any tier is not fun
  • Options
    The realized cost of this character is orders of magnitude greater than the cost of normal new characters, at the moment. In 18-36 months, the relative cost should much closer to free.

Indeed. And by that time, we will have to chase other 'meta for whale only' toons.
  • Options
    Mzee wrote: »
    The raid just was released. Of course she is for whale guilds only right now. Same thing happened with Kenobi.

My problem with the raid is pretty much completely covered by MCmole's video. Jedi Training Rey is one of the only viable options currently cause the bosses are so overtuned. The game is all about relying on buffs and debuffs. If debuffs don't stick (which they will not do in this raid) then there really isn't much left. All we can rely on to do decent damage in this raid is essentially expose, and since Rey's mind tricks are unresistable that is like the only debuff that works.

Yea, McMole sum it all
    https://youtu.be/Txlu8bRPgGA
  • Options
    Nurgle wrote: »

They might as well sell "raid booster" packs that each will triple your toons damage for $50 as one time use.

In this way, their game philosophy is intact.

Developers do not need to do things like coding new things.

Managers do not need to nerf game mechanics.

Company rakes in more revenue.

The End.
  • DangBusta
    147 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    This whole thread is really a self answered question.
    Of course they intend for their premium, shiny new content to only be available to their highest paying customers?

If I have a 10k per year job, I don't think Mercedes Benz or Gucci are intending to sell any of their products to me.
    If I want one of their products, the only available route (not withstanding finance/debt) is to wait until it's not so new & its price comes down.
  • Options
    Agreed
  • Options
    This is not news. This should be common knowledge.
  • Options
    You may be right about top guilds but no way an average guild gets Traya in 8-9 months. Most guilds are 8-9 months away from even doing the heroic tier.

The problem is this forces whales to leave their guilds to seek out a mega guild or else forgo getting a meta defining character. Is this consolidation of whales really good for the game?

Isn’t it better to have big spenders spread out amongst more guilds?

Won’t this haves and have nots approach discourage dolphins and other light spenders and cause them to quit the game?

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Like General Kenobi before her, and like Han Solo (except he was bad for a very long time) before him.

Relax, it's not nearly as bad as you think.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I’m very relaxed. My mood, however, is irrelevant.

The raid structure and character release model in this game has become increasingly elitist. Not a good thing IMO.
    NicWester wrote: »
    Like General Kenobi before her, and like Han Solo (except he was bad for a very long time) before him.

Relax, it's not nearly as bad as you think.

• Options

The raid structure and character release model in this game has become increasingly elitist. Not a good thing IMO.
    Maybe they have the data that proof only elite guild that spend lot of.. A LOT OF $$$, so they provide them with something they can grab easily?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

increasingly elitist? What the fudge are you talking about? Both rancor and AAT were just roster checks aswell, only whale guilds got raid han and kenobi quickly.
    Obviously new content is end game content, doesn't make a whole lot of sence to make a raid aimed at lvl 70 players.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

Errrrr........ The character release model in this game has become increasingly easier. Time was a character would be released first to Aurodium packs (which you could only buy if you had spent $125USD on in-game purchases and cost something like 350 crystals each) then after several months they would come to Chromium packs, then several months after that they'd be made available to farm from 0 to 330.

That is to say this was the release pattern for characters worth having. Your Bistans and Paos and Bodhis would be given to you for free, then after a couple months put straight to farm. But your Darth Mauls and Rexes and Codies and Wedges were purely pay to play.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    You may be right about top guilds but no way an average guild gets Traya in 8-9 months. Most guilds are 8-9 months away from even doing the heroic tier.

The problem is this forces whales to leave their guilds to seek out a mega guild or else forgo getting a meta defining character. Is this consolidation of whales really good for the game?

Won’t this haves and have nots approach discourage dolphins and other light spenders and cause them to quit the game?

I think they actually like whale guilds. Whales promote other whales to spend. If your in a whale guild and stop spending you won't be there long. It's going to feel like a giant fall if you did this. Could you imagine finishing heroic regularly then switching guilds and going down to t6 guild. That would be very disappointing.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »

I think they actually like whale guilds. Whales promote other whales to spend. If your in a whale guild and stop spending you won't be there long. It's going to feel like a giant fall if you did this. Could you imagine finishing heroic regularly then switching guilds and going down to t6 guild. That would be very disappointing.

This is very correct. When you’re around a group of people who spend you tend to spend more. When you don’t you feel like you are letting your guild mates down or that you’re falling behind. I’ve asked some people who chose to spend if they’re doing it for themselves or the guild at this point.

The sith raid isn’t just for whales. It helps. It is also for those who are ftp all the way up to dolphins that have also been around a while and are smart about what they farm. In this raid it’s going to come down to who has the right teams. If you don’t have the right teams then you will fight to catch up. If you’re a whale it will make it way easier to catch up. If not, then expect to be stuck behind the time wall for a while.