What is happening to notices of events?

Replies

• Options
    Nysse wrote: »
    I really hate that i they dropped it no. If they would have just waited one month, then i would be able to cls. They always make us panic farm. First you need 25 more charaters, tb light and dark side, then you need to farm a solid arena squad. Why cant they just anounce the legendary events in a month of advance, that way you can stop your less important farms. It´s getting really annoying.

if you want to get CLS so much, he would have been on the top on your piorities and you should be able to get there in time. Diverting farms to other channels basically means you dont want to care about CLS as much.
  • Options
    I'm really annoyed by this. I've been busting my **** since I started in December to be ready for CLS & R2, but they just suddenly dropped it out of nowhere. I've got 1 Imp 7*, RG 71/100, Vader 40/100, Palpatine 0/100, TFP 7*, STHan, Leia at 7*, Luke & Old Ben at 5*, seems no matter what I'd never have been ready for this.

Another month maybe, I would have been.
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    TheExiled wrote: »
    Another month maybe, I would have been.

Next time around then, that's how it works.

I'd recommend that if anyone absolutely wants one particular character then farm for that one particular character relentlessly and no matter what. If you don't do that then you won't be ready for that character as soon as you'd like.

It really is that simple :smile:

Post edited by CoastalJames on
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    The community is lucky to get any notice at all. CG don't need to give us any notice at all, they could release everything with no warning of the requirements, so stop your whining.
  • Yograin
    28 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    You whiners should have prepared yourself so you are not surprised and unable to finish an 8 months old event. You have no idea how long it would take you to farm the needed characters so even a two weeks notice wouldnt necessarily help and the only way to go about this is farming until you are ready and then wait. Not waiting for a notice and then hope for Droprate... Zzzzz

Same with the Rey event. People whining and when you check their Veterans they miss 350-560 shards. When exactly did they want to start? Next week?
  • Options
    Because they want panic, rushed pack buying. It's evil but what can ya do.
  • Options
    I started playing in December and I already have Thrawn 5 stars (I was only lvl 70 when he came around so couldn't 7 star it), Palpa 7 stars, I will now have R2D2 and CLS at 7 stars as well.

You know these events are coming sooner or later, it's your fault for not farming /planning for them! The only reason I haven't started farming JTR is because I'm only lvl 81 so don't have access to Vets yet and am currently farming bb8. I don't care for Yoda until he gets a rework but even then I already have Ezra, Old Ben and Kanan so will just need to farm QGJ and Bariss.

What notice do you need ? They come every 2-3 months, there's your notice.
  • Options
    Im shocked and disappointed to see some comments about my post.
    The subject here has 2 faces:
    - the few time of notice, starting from 2/3 weeks till reaching just few hours
    - Medium players who have to farm everything for improving and dont have the right amount of time at least for trying.

To all who write about this, Guys the problem isnt just procastination:
    For having cls you have to farm 10 toons (empire for r2 and the rebels for cls) and for JTR other 10 (first order and awakens team).

20 characters.

For new players is hard, and for others who dont earn at least 300 cristals per day (counting arena +daylies) it is hard too. For the ones who said procastination, well i have cls and i missed jtr for the second time, the problem is that you dont have just to farm it:
    If you are in a guild, you have to farm not just for events ignoring everything else.
    Raids, Tb, Tw and the arena... not mentioning the very low drop rate and the high energy price.
  • Options
    Empiric1 wrote: »
    I started playing in December and I already have Thrawn 5 stars (I was only lvl 70 when he came around so couldn't 7 star it), Palpa 7 stars, I will now have R2D2 and CLS at 7 stars as well.

and out of curiosity, how much did you pay?
  • Options

You know these events are coming sooner or later, it's your fault for not farming /planning for them! The only reason I haven't started farming JTR is because I'm only lvl 81 so don't have access to Vets yet and am currently farming bb8. I don't care for Yoda until he gets a rework but even then I already have Ezra, Old Ben and Kanan so will just need to farm QGJ and Bariss.

What notice do you need ? They come every 2-3 months, there's your notice.

This, we know that those events come back sooner or later, so those that want one of those toons should farm required toons until ready and then wait until event is back.
  • Options
    Not really a surprise that the ability material pack is back. Gotta squeeze out that cash from your player base huh.
    I know let's create scarcity. Well wait a few days after the credit heist. When they've spent most of their resources. Thinking their safe after farming bb8. Then release cls again. Add an ability material pack. Add some new hope packs. Add a veteran pack. All this following a new raid that requires both chars to get good damage. Ho ho ho.
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Vanov77 wrote: »

and out of curiosity, how much did you pay?

What do you mean how much I paid ?? All the chars required are F2P.

Thrawn - Phoenix f2p
    Palpa - Phoenix f2p
    R2D2 - I did with Palpa, Vader (f2p), Stormtrooper ( Galatic store?), TFP (Cantina) and Tarkin (Squad)
    CLS - Old Ben (cantina) Luke ( free character + cantina), r2d2 (f2p), Leia ( squad), STHan ( squad and this months login)

So what's your point ? I haven't spent a penny on any of those legendaries.

Oh and btw I get rank 1 with ships almost every day so 400 crystals, because I chose to invest heavily in my ship squad ( TFP, Boba, Tarkin, Vader, Biggs, FOTP) instead of doing silly farms like I see a lot of new players doing.

And I used to get top 10 in squad as well but since Palpa rework I get top 20 which still gives me another 200-250 crystals.

So actually I'm getting about 800 crystals a day (whatever the dailies reward is).

People just don't know how to farm properly in this game even though there are like a hundred guides out there then complain when they get no notice.

For the record all I did was follow the Adaptive F2P V2 guide and didn't stray from it at all. I'm working on bb8 now and the only one I'm going to struggle with is JTR because of the Vets (that we can all agree is a bad farm).
  • BionicGolem
    167 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Vanov77 wrote: »
    Im shocked and disappointed to see some comments about my post.
    The subject here has 2 faces:
    - the few time of notice, starting from 2/3 weeks till reaching just few hours
    - Medium players who have to farm everything for improving and dont have the right amount of time at least for trying.

To all who write about this, Guys the problem isnt just procastination:
    For having cls you have to farm 10 toons (empire for r2 and the rebels for cls) and for JTR other 10 (first order and awakens team).

20 characters.

For new players is hard, and for others who dont earn at least 300 cristals per day (counting arena +daylies) it is hard too. For the ones who said procastination, well i have cls and i missed jtr for the second time, the problem is that you dont have just to farm it:
    If you are in a guild, you have to farm not just for events ignoring everything else.
    Raids, Tb, Tw and the arena... not mentioning the very low drop rate and the high energy price.

and knowing how much time you have would change that how ? You still need to farm other toons for "Raids, Tb, Tw and the arena", so you going to stop farming other toons and start farming those you need for specific event if you know how much time you have ? Those event toons really help in those areas of the game too and if you cant farm needed toons in time anyway then whats the problem ? Just farm in your own pace and get those event toons later.

For me notice only matter if event is appearing first time since there is no way of knowing that such event exists and what is needed for it, after that everyone know that this event is in game and will be back one day and its their problem to get things ready for that day.
  • Options
    Again, the problem isn't the players. It's the team who promised better communication (after being chided for no communication not a week before), and then dropped 2 major characters with the shortest window in the game's history.

Should people have been ready? Yes. But that isn't the bigger issue here.
  • Options
    Again, the problem isn't the players. It's the team who promised better communication (after being chided for no communication not a week before), and then dropped 2 major characters with the shortest window in the game's history.

Why should they announce legendaries !! If you want the character than farm the required toons, it doesn't take that long. I have all legendaries except BB8 and JTR and I've only been playing since December!

Maybe they feel it's a nice surprise when people log in and see it, I know I was excited when I saw a guildie promoted r2 to 7 stars then checked the event page and bang there he is with CLS
  • Corvus
    190 posts Member
    Options

Why should they announce legendaries !! If you want the character than farm the required toons, it doesn't take that long. I have all legendaries except BB8 and JTR and I've only been playing since December!

Maybe they feel it's a nice surprise when people log in and see it, I know I was excited when I saw a guildie promoted r2 to 7 stars then checked the event page and bang there he is with CLS

Maybe because they promised to do so? Just go to Q&A they felt that was neccessary after the very bad coomunity work lately. There they state they want to improve and clearify the release cadence for legendaries. and now they just do the opposite.

They get more and more disconnect from their community and therefore their customers its just sad to see what happens if revenue seems to be the most important maxime ;(
  • Options

Did you miss the part where I said people should have been ready? I'm assuming so.

The main problem isn't legendaries, it isn't players staying focused, it isn't new players or old players.

It is being told "We hear you, and we'll try to improve going forward" again and again and again. It is having an emergency damage control Q & A session because you angered your players, amd then throwing it away. It is completely disregarding player concerns.

• Options
    Corvus wrote: »

Maybe because they promised to do so? Just go to Q&A they felt that was neccessary after the very bad coomunity work lately. There they state they want to improve and clearify the release cadence for legendaries. and now they just do the opposite.

They get more and more disconnect from their community and therefore their customers its just sad to see what happens if revenue seems to be the most important maxime ;(

They are a public company, of course maximising revenue is the most important thing for them.

Guess what happens when they maximise revenue though ? They get more funding from EA which means more developers, more product managers, more artists, etc which in turn makes a better game which in turns brings more revenue. Don't think of your short term pains of missing out on a character for a couple of months, think of what more money brings in to the game in long run.

Guess what happens to a game that doesn't bring revenue ? It gets cancelled. We should be praising the creators of this game for building such a great gaming experience not attacking them
  • Options

They are a public company, of course maximising revenue is the most important thing for them.

Guess what happens when they maximise revenue though ? They get more funding from EA which means more developers, more product managers, more artists, etc which in turn makes a better game which in turns brings more revenue. Don't think of your short term pains of missing out on a character for a couple of months, think of what more money brings in to the game in long run.

Guess what happens to a game that doesn't bring revenue ? It gets cancelled. We should be praising the creators of this game for building such a great gaming experience not attacking them

You know what brings in more revenue? A playerbase that feels listened to. A playerbase that doesn't feel marginalized. I don't expect them to cater to every whim, nor do I want them to. Just listen, communicate better and keep to your word. Surely, $11 million a month buys us at least that.
  • Options
    I think everyone complaining is pathetic. The world has to come to an end because in a short time CG gives everyone what they been wanting. BB8, Jedi training Rey, R2, and CLS. CG just can't win. There's been numerous threads started about people demanding they bring the events back because life isn't fair that others have the toons, and they don't. Now they do, and it's just not fair.

Haters gonna hate. Keep thinking you owed everything
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    I think everyone complaining is pathetic. The world has to come to an end because in a short time CG gives everyone what they been wanting. BB8, Jedi training Rey, R2, and CLS. CG just can't win. There's been numerous threads started about people demanding they bring the events back because life isn't fair that others have the toons, and they don't. Now they do, and it's just not fair.

This. +1.
  • Options

That's not the point - At all - It's about transparency and communication
  • Well_I_Never
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Mano wrote: »
    Does the lack of information/cadence and @CG_Kozispoon being unavailable on the forums a coincidence? ..So much for the Transparency of CG and Blah Blah Blah...
    To be honest m just **** that they have dropped both Heros Journey out of nowhere..
    The Droids not coming back twice bfor the Hero journey is what is causing all the pain.Cause now i will have to Upgrade the Droid to so and so Level in 6 to 7 days to be able to finish up the heros event
    If you already had R2 unlocked but at a lower * level, there was nothing stopping you from levelling & gearing him up & then just waiting for the Event to come around so that you could then get the missing *?
    Therefore, if you did already have R2 unlocked & chose not to level & gear him to an appropriate level, then you don't really have any basis for your complaint.
    If you didn't have R2 already unlocked & therefore only have a short time from unlocking him to gear & level him, then you don't really have any basis for your complaint.
  • Options

So you think that without panic farm a Star Wars game gets no revenue? Please, you're just saying that **** the costumer, they need money and they have the right on do anything they want... I have CLS already, but it's shocking what a agresive move Is to drop the 2 greatest events in the game with so short notice. It's not like this Is any event, it's the two greatest events in the game, and they should be announced like they deserved
  • Options
    There was a big outcry from many players about JTR coming back with only 2 days notice. Those complaints have been answered with this, CLS returning with only a few hours of notice.

Don’t complain that there was no answer the first time...consider that to be your answer.

1. Events CAN and WILL return with little notice.
    2. If you want to be ready for the next iteration of the event, don’t delay in farming the pre-reqs, get on it immediately and don’t stop until they are done.
    3. This game is all about choosing how you spend your resources. This is just a part of that. Choose to be ready ASAP or choose something else and be ready later. Or spend $$$ so that you don’t have to choose 1 or the other.
    4. The events will come back.
    5. Yes, these events will make money for EA/CG. They will also reward the players who have been pushing to have the pre-reqs ready and will help with the new content.
    6. Most importantly and most clearly: DONT make any assumptions about time between events as there is no predictability to them.
    7. Remember that there are players at all stages of this game. While this return may seem “too soon” to you, someone else has been ready for weeks and has been waiting for this events return.
    8. You should always have a farming plan. And when an event comes along, you have to weigh the options and decide if being ready for this events return is more or less important than your current plan and adjust it accordingly.
  • Well_I_Never
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Actually, unlike everyone else, I am a part of a very extensive guild alliance and was told to immediately ignore phoenix and go straight for empire and then CLS team. I actually do have the requirements, but on my server I am the ONLY one because everyone else went phoenix and NS, and then rushed for what are some weird empire teams right now due to the reworks.
    OK, so you're in a singular position on your server.
    So you're the only person on your server that what I wrote doesn't apply to.

You do recognise that this is a good thing, for you, right? If you are the only person on your server with CLS, then you will be dominating the Arena, at least until his next Event!

Congrats on getting R2, good Mythic character to have!
    Either way, the fact that you've only been playing for 2 months does not put you in-game long enough to think about really qualifying for completion of a Hero's Journey Event & reward of a Legendary character.
    These are pretty much targeted as mid to end-game content, or the character rewards (RJT & CLS) are anyway.
    While it does sound that you're ahead of the curve (congrats!) you are not really a mid-game player, yet.

General advice would be to say:
    Don't worry about chasing an Event that's popped up. Have a plan for the characters that you want and stick to it.
    There are a lot of distractions in this game & if you don't stick to a plan & see it through, then you can easily end up with a roster filled with half done characters. You would be better to have 5 fully done.

If you desperately want the character from an Event, but do not qualify for it, then you can choose to stick with your previous plan for getting characters 7*, or you can switch to the faction & characters required for the next appearance of the Event.

If you have already farmed the required characters but don't have them to the requisite level, don't stop!
    Continue working on them &, the next time this Event comes around, you'll be ready.

As you say that you're already in a position to compete in the Event, can I ask what the problem is, from your perspective?
  • Options
    SoonerJBD wrote: »
    This same conversation happened with JTR. People are justifiably upset at extremely short notice. People who were ready for the event or already had the character have no empathy and tell people the should have planned ahead. It is possible to acknowledge that people could have prepared better and also recognize that giving such short notice for the event is not cool. It also might help to remember that newer players have a lot of demands on their resources in this game. Many were trying to prepare for more than one legendary character, trying to keep their arena teams up, trying to build a raid team. Yes, you have to make choices, but when the schedule is difficult to predict and the Devs don’t communicate well, it feels like having the rug pulled out from underneath you.

I got JTR, and I’ve been ready for R2/CLS for a while. I had to rush a bit to get JTR, but I expected CLS in March. I can still empathize with those who were blindsided. Seven hours notice is outrageous and unacceptable, particularly after they just acknowledged in a Q&A that they need to do better with their communication and event cadence precisely to avoid this kind of player frustration. @CG_Carrie could have said something about CLS during the Q&A, for God’s sake. Even a not-so-subtle hint would have blunted some of the sting here.

Remember in that JTR thread, many complained that they prepared for CLS because they expected it first. Well now it’s back and they can get him.
    The fact is that if you are a newer player, there are a LOT of options open to you.

You have to remember that it will take some time, you won’t get everything the first time around. It took me 3-4 times to get Yoda. I didn’t get EP until the second time around. I unlocked Thrawn and Chimera at 5* only the first time around.

New content takes time to develop, so they naturally set it up so that it takes a long time to complete it. Most new content is meant for the players who have been around the longest, since the newer guys are still catching up to the older content (which is “new” to them).

Eventually your progress will outpace the new content and you will catch up. But it isn’t designed for us to do that immediately.

Short notice for events is probably a part of that planning. Or it’s based on the metrics which show that more players are ready for these events now and need them to progress. Most likely it’s a combination of both.

You don’t do yourself any favours by constantly assuming the worst of the developers. They are producing content as fast as possible, and yes - they have a mandate to make money while doing so.
  • Options
    Yeah I do not care any more. If I can do an event I will do it. If not then oh well. No point in getting mad about it
  • Options
    Carlmac wrote: »
    You have to use the special ability after 5/6 turns.. look at the bottom right corner for an ability you dont usually see with OB
    @Lordul There are actually 2 extra abilities, but one begins on cooldown...
  • Options

I agree, particularly when actually just looking at my own personal experience it only takes 4-6 months to get every legendary unlocked except JTR. That's pretty good going in terms of getting new players up to speed.

This discussion has been closed.