Dev Blog - Communication on Galaxy of Heroes - 3/27/18 [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    This is great, exactly what we’ve needed! Thanks for taking the initiative on this, Carrie!

• Options
    Will the April event calender come with the character cadence update Friday the 30th or will we have to wait until Monday 2nd?
  • Options
    While the big pop up is great, I didn’t get the 75k credits. I clicked collect gift while watching my credits and they didn’t change. I also checked my inbox and nothing there. Is this the same issue as the previous pop up issue back in December around Christmas?
  • Options
    This has me very excited! I love this game with a passion and I’m interested to see what the future holds
  • Options
    This is awesome. Not just CG_Carries post but the overall positivity from the community in receiving it. Cheers!

Seriously looking forward to this.
  • Options
    This will begin to make things right.

She gave exactly what we've been asking for, and then some. Well done, Carrie and all involved. I'm genuinely looking forward to these posts and what's going to be change and just the communication in general. We understand you can't give everything away, but thank you for acknowledging a bit of lacking in the communication and solving it in a thorough way. Since the first time since the announcement of the Sith raid, we eagerly await your words with hope in our hearts.
  • Haruk
    108 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Is it Friday yet?!

Seriously though, I absolutely love this game, and I am so beyond thrilled at all the upcoming announcements, improvements, etc.

Yes, there's been some things that bug me(Talzin being at the top), but over all, I've loved most of what you guys n gals have given us over the last 6+ months.

Edit: Dumb question, but is the AMA gonna be on here and similar to those done on Reddit, or will it actually be over on Reddit?
  • Options
    How did I get the 75k credits? I taped the link but didn't do anything. At least that I know of.
  • Options
    As a casual critic, this is absolutely amazing and refreshing. Thank you.
  • Options
    I've played this game for over a year and a half. I just created an account on here now to say thank you for this.
  • Options
    This is awesome much appreciated!! Thanks to all at CG and EA
  • Options
    Regular communication is key. Most of us realize you can’t always give an answer we want to hear or announce a fix or change until it is ready to go, but a simple, “We hear you, and we will look into this,” goes a long way. I’m appreciative of the communication you are promising. I also think it important to avoid the kind of total silence we’ve seen since the last Q&A.

I know you are looking for a community manager, and perhaps that is part of the issue as the lack of a trained communicator backfired on you a bit. Maybe the idea is that silence is preferable to potentially making things worse. But I think it has exacerbated the anger some players have experienced over issues like event and character release cadence. I know hiring someone and getting up to speed can take time. In the interim, we really need a temporary solution so that anger doesn’t fester or boil over in the absence of regular communication.

FYI: I have experience in this field and would love to apply, but you seemed to indicate you did not want someone who would have to telecommute.
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    Options
    There's already a few snide comments I could make ...

But very glad overall to read this! It's felt like the devs have been so out of touch with the player base for so long, hopefully this starts to bridge us back.

And raid reward changes ..... could it be true? Are they finally gonna take the gold challenge gear out of raid rewards???!!!?? Or maybe just slightly buff t1-t6 sith rewards? Both would be very welcome. Sith raid isn't worth the grind at any tier right now, unless you're part of the elite whales doing heroic.
  • Options
    Anybody else bummed that we got 75k credits but no Chewy Shards?☺
    Looking forward to the days ahead thanks a lot for this! @CG_Carrie
  • Options
    Looking forward to the future interactions. Would love to see improvements in communication and a few above mentioned places. Thank you for this gesture.
  • wrekincruw
    315 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    What about better chat we need ability to send private messages and messages to other players outside our guild lack of these features really forces player need for foreign apps, also sith toon releases were much better than last few toon release failures as it was more in line with requests that being said, I understand from the blogs that the main character developer has some thing against popular characters. Instead favouring the non -descript extras from the movies but it should be understood not just the player base but the payer base likes leading characters like padme, jabba, jango, etc...it is well noticed the main toons you do happen to release you just keep releasing different versions of. It really does seem like its utterly neglected all the toons who actually had some role in the starwars universe. Please no more Galactic shop keepers with sweep recovery, and shelf stocking abilities, just saying.
  • Options
    This is a big step in the right direction. I am sad that things has to reach meltdown to get here but all that will be forgotten if a real commitment to this is demonstrated
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Thank you for the efforts to improve communication. I hope that a lot of the frustrations in the community will be sufficiently addressed or at least eased. I will keep an open-mind about it.
  • Options
    It always sounds great, but it’s never proven. Here’s another chance to prove it.
    Ooba hutar.
  • Options
    I've also been a pretty vocal critic. I'm eager to see what you've been doing the last 11 days.
  • Options
    I liked this news :)
  • Options
    As someone who loves this game like everyone else, I am beyond excited to have read this, Carrie. It’s a fantastic gesture, and I can’t wait to see what else you all have planned. So Thank you for taking these steps to try and improve communication. It’s greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    @CG_Carrie Can you please stop offering things via pop up? As you’ll see from various threads many of us did not get the 75k either via the pop up or our inbox. It really takes away from the goodwill you’re trying to produce when we don’t get the award you’re offering. In fact it does just the opposite. Many of us have posted about not getting pop ups or not getting rewards from pop ups since the fiasco in December around Christmas yet you still continue to offer things via pop up even though it’s not fixed. I’m not too worried about missing out on 75k but your post said you’ll be giving stuff out each day this week. Does this mean I and others will miss out every day?

I really appreciate what you’re trying to do but the implementation is abysmal. For this to happen in relation to a thread about how you all are trying to do better is quite ironic. One step forward, two steps back.
  • Options
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Daily login improvements? Whats wrong with daily login?
    Come back tomorrow to find out! ;)

Thank you for the additional 75k credits. Looking forward to reading your views on the State of the Galaxy and Road Ahead. Since you are lead in ships, you know what we all are asking about, those ship modification and gold coin omegas we all have 8/10 but can’t progress. Thank you.
  • Options
    But why we need new stuff called blog to adress certain things? i think it's clear that community want better daily login, raid reward, consistent candence, etc. Similar thread with same response in this forum can prove that.

We need implementation of what's already talked before, not another new discussion on whats that whats this. Please don't make us running around in circles.
  • Boomer8800
    408 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I still reserve judgement on what's to come.. not sure how a simple post and a little chump change can convince everyone so quickly. The proof is in the details and the outcome yet to come. Hopefully its a step in the right direction.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Dear @CG_Carrie
    As an active member in the forums, active spender and player since Day 1, I have an observation I would like to bring to your attention.
    Actions speak louder than words
    I LOVE everything about today's post. Lack of communication was always a big problem over the years, and you and the other devs have clearly been working hard to fix this. It has not gone unnoticed, and will certainly not go unappreciated (at least by me :) ). The Q&A was fantastic (Even though I was asleep, I loved reading most of the responses. You can't believe how happy I was to hear you're working on fixing the arena refresh problem).
    Again, I can't express how much I love these recent efforts to improve communication, and the overall game in general. However, I have noticed a trend. The devs here will say one thing, but then their actions will speak the exact opposite. Such as having a Q&A about communication, then dropping the Jedi Rey legendary event a day later with no warning (which I would assume coincided with the release of Last Jedi on Blu Ray, but why not say so, announcing the return when they announced the release date?). This is one of many examples over the past 2 years. One thing is said, another thing is implemented into the game. I know circumstances change (though I doubt they've changed that many times), and if that's the case, then announce circumstances have changed, rather than the playerbase randomly having to deal with the unexpected (which has caused many a player I know to quit). Even though I was quite unhappy at the Sith Raid changes, I appreciated that they were announced ahead of time.
    So while I am cautiously optimistic about the future, and eagerly await future posts from you, I hope duplicity becomes a distant memory.
    Thank You
    PS: Game client updates seemed to have a negative connotation in your post. From a player's standpoint I don't mind client updates (or actual app store updates) in the slightest if it means things are being fixed.

FINALLY :smirk:, I would like to submit my question: Could we get an update on the status of Clone Helmets? From what I understand, the Gar Saxon test was a rousing success, per TopHat's post last March, but we've heard literally nothing since. In case my name, avatar, and signature wasn't an indicator :p, I am a HUGE Clone fanboy, and their helmets are one of my favorite features, and there's literally nothing more I would like to see added to the game.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • SpadeFreeman
    868 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Speaking as another of the vocal and ever-present critics on these forums, this is exactly the right way to do things. Say what you will about League of Legends or Warframe, but the devs of those games (Riot and DE, respectively) release a huge amount of information on a very consistent basis to their communities. You can learn about practically everything in those games, like how characters are developed, how modes get released, what's coming out soon, why they made this or that decision, etc. etc.

I would absolutely love to have that level of transparency in this game. When people don't know the reasoning behind a decision, they tend to presume the worst (especially with games owned by EA, no offence). Best just leave as little room for speculation as possible (except for good speculation like what character will be released next, what mode will we get next, will the level cap go up soon, etc.)

One last thing, it would be helpful if you could find some way to list very general versions of the questions you've already answered. I doubt most people are going to read through 13 pages of questions before they ask their own.