Fives’s Zeta works in P4...

Prev1
TheRevanchist127
53 posts Member
edited April 2018
So, apparently Fives’s zeta wasn’t nerfed with the STH patch. Not sure who/which dev to ping for this, but I’d like to know if that was intentional or another bug. Personal thought is that the devs might have forgot about Fives when patching stuff.

Replies

• Options
    Been told @CG_Carrie and @CG_TopHat are the people to ask. Sorry if I’m pinging the wrong people
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    OH NOOO WHY U POST THIS? :scream:
  • Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »

I have a guildmate with a zeta ready to go and a full team of clones to use it in. Want to make sure this won’t get nerfed after he uses it, and wastes the zeta as a result.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    i wouldn't use a zeta on 5s just to be able to use this team in p4 vs traya. It's not worth the risk of it maybe getting nerfed.
    Post edited by leef on
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options

Better to post it early and get it nerfed than after people have invested their hard earned Zetas.
  • Options
    So, apparently Fives’s zeta wasn’t nerfed with the STH patch. Not sure who/which dev to ping for this, but I’d like to know if that was intentional or another bug. Personal thought is that the devs might have forgot about Fives when patching stuff.

Thanks for the note! We've filed a bug on it and will be investigating it soon. At first blush, this looks like something we are going to update to bring in line with the intended behaviors detailed here:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/161683/upcoming-sith-triumvirate-raid-changes-3-7#latest

That said, I'm waiting for someone on the team to review and then we'll move from there. Thanks again!
  • Options
    Ok, thanks for the response!
  • Options

I have a guildmate with a zeta ready to go and a full team of clones to use it in. Want to make sure this won’t get nerfed after he uses it, and wastes the zeta as a result.

Well...it probably wouldn't have been nerfed if you hadn't mentioned it!
    I know this rather proletariat of me, but I kinda like it when players "outsmart" (ie using in-game mechanics perfectly) the devs, by discovering something awesome like this.
    Personally, I don't think it should be nerfed.
    A. This is the result of a zeta ability, which a SIGNIFICANT investment, in line with the Game Philosophy, and
    B. It's not that huge of a boost (only a couple million damage). You can't do major chunks of a phase with it. This really only helps guild who have the HSith Raid on farm anyway.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »

I know this rather proletariat of me, but I kinda like it when players "outsmart" (ie using in-game mechanics perfectly) the devs, by discovering something awesome like this.
    Personally, I don't think it should be nerfed.
    A. This is the result of a zeta ability, which a SIGNIFICANT investment, in line with the Game Philosophy, and
    B. It's not that huge of a boost (only a couple million damage). You can't do major chunks of a phase with it. This really only helps guild who have the HSith Raid on farm anyway.

The devs can see what happens in the game based off the numbers that come back...or that’s my understanding of how it works. I figured it was only a matter of time before one of them noticed anyways. Also, it could become a loop that could completely deal with Traya in P4 if Fives’s Potency rose above 85% and he was able to stick speed down on his first hit.
  • Options
    CG_TopHat wrote: »

Thanks for the note! We've filed a bug on it and will be investigating it soon. At first blush, this looks like something we are going to update to bring in line with the intended behaviors detailed here:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/161683/upcoming-sith-triumvirate-raid-changes-3-7#latest

That said, I'm waiting for someone on the team to review and then we'll move from there. Thanks again!

Brother, nerfing 5z now?! Seriously? Y’all knew about his ability in this raid when y’all did the other nerf (folks brought it up countless times on the forum, all over Discord, etc etc), and now folks have put a zeta on him specifically for this. How can we build trust when y’all do these type of things over and over?
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Do you honestly believe this forum post (or any forum post for that matter) has any effect on whether it gets nerfed or not?
  • Options

So if it gets nerfed, when should people who Zeta'd Fives AFTER the first nerf of characters, expect their zeta refund?
  • Options

So if it gets nerfed, when should people who Zeta'd Fives AFTER the first nerf of characters, expect their zeta refund?

Never, they are not changing his zeta and his zeta wasnt made for raid only. You could have expected that they might "fix" it since they "fixed" othere abilities like that.
  • Options
    Technically the update post does state that BoW no longer triggers on damage abilities so this was to be expected as a nerf/balance/fix
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    So are we expecting a nerf on Asajj lead as well?
  • Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    So are we expecting a nerf on Asajj lead as well?

According to this nerf no, because no on damage abilities are present
  • Options

Never, they are not changing his zeta and his zeta wasnt made for raid only. You could have expected that they might "fix" it since they "fixed" othere abilities like that.

Sorry to disappoint you but this is not how things work around here, I'll prove it to you IF they end up doing something about it.
  • Options
    giphy.gif

As if any of you thought this wouldn't be nerfed and you zeta'd fives anyway. Lol.
  • Options
    I put a zeta on fives for p4 haat back in the day. In light of this news, I would also like a refund :tongue:
  • Options
    Unbelievable

why
  • Options
    OP seems like the kind of person who reminds the teacher if he or she forgot to assign homework.
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options

wow... this just sums up where swgoh has been going the last few months and where it is going right now...
  • Options

Never. They don't nerf things anymore, they classify them as bugs, which legally allows them to refute any refund requests.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    I may be wrong, but i do believe that McMole put out a video on this a bit back anyway. It is not like this post is going to be the beacon that points them to the mechanics either WAI or not, so I don't have an issue with it. OP is trying to keep people from wasting zetas.

What surprises me is CG_TopHat's reply that kinda does make it seem like this is the first they have heard of it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Revi wrote: »

wow... this just sums up where swgoh has been going the last few months and where it is going right now...

lmao, whut?
  • Options
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    Unbelievable

why

If they nerf it.

• CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    What surprises me is CG_TopHat's reply that kinda does make it seem like this is the first they have heard of it.

Exactly. Which is why I ever discover an amazing strategy (NOT bug exploitation), I'm keeping it to myself.
    Post edited by CaptainRex on
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I may be wrong, but i do believe that McMole put out a video on this a bit back anyway. It is not like this post is going to be the beacon that points them to the mechanics either WAI or not, so I don't have an issue with it. OP is trying to keep people from wasting zetas.

Exactly. Which is why I ever discover an amazing strategy (NOT bug exploitation), I'm keeping it to myself.

haha, that will teach 'm !
    They won't even have to nerf it because just 1 player is abusing it !