*updated* 7* thrawn at level 76 woohoo

Prev1
RaylekZen
43 posts Member
edited April 2018
https://swgoh.gg/u/zyxwboy/collection/?f=phoenix

I won't be level 80 in time for the event, so I was wondering if it's worth it to spend the resources on my Phoenix in an attempt to 7* Thrawn.

I can take Ezra and Chopper to g9. Hera, Zeb and kanan and g8.
I can put all of their abilities to 7.
Speed:
Ezra 217
Hera 189
Zeb 185
Chopper 200
Kanan 130

I can probably get some more speed on Hera, Chopper i can get up to 220 for sure.

would I be able to 7* thrawn? I'm willing to increase more Phoenix to g9 if needed. I'll be farming mods until the event starts as well. I just can't omega uniques.

Also if there's a chance I can do it, am I looking at 150+ tries?
Post edited by RaylekZen on

Replies

• Kelarn
    161 posts Member
    Options
    It would be very hard to do without an omega on each of their uniques.. you need every boost you can squeeze out of them for the 7* fight.
  • Options
    I know the omegas are "easier" to do than g9, but unfortunately I can't hit level 78 or whatever in time. I want 7* thrawn this time around for the next r2, raids, etc. so i'm willing to compromise. I just don't know what I need (besides omegas) to make 7* possible.
  • Options
    Its either speed or omegas.
    So ur safe there.
    Conventional wisdom says Ezra/chopper/hera need to be 200+speed and abilties 7.
    Hera and ezra to g.9 or even 10 if at all possible.
    Rest 3 are good at g.8
    Chopper unique if possible should be omega'd (that assist one)
    If they are done..i think u can do it with even an okay RNG
    Lemme know if u succeed
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    When Thrawn was out last, maybe 4 players on my arena shard (all under level 80) got him at 7*. Those players had everyone in the event at gear 9.
  • Glauron
    56 posts Member
    Options
    Here is what I used. I think I might have been able to get away with g8 on chopper or hera but at the risk of a bunch of runs (Thawn could one-shot them at g8 with a crit-fracture):

All lvl 77, all abilities up to omega/zeta unless specified below
    Ez - gear 9 +5, speed 212, hp 33.5k, basic omega
    Hera - gear 9+2, speed 188, hp 33k, basic omega
    Chop - gear 9+ 3, speed 228, hp 31k, no omega
    Zeb - gear 9+0, speed 182, hp 40k, basic omega
    Kan - gear 8+1, speed 158, hp 40k, basic omega
  • Options
    Well, if i look at this, even with the best mods we will not be able to make it 7* if we dont have our PS atleast at level 80. Omegas on the uniques change so much, you just have to read their increases on their abilities. Probably we can make it, but we realy have to bless RNG and try it like 400 times. So my question would be: Whats the difference between a 6* and 7* thrawn? :'(
  • Options
    Whats the difference between a 6* and 7* thrawn? :'(

Being able to use them in events that require 7* characters. Rancor and Tank heroic.
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Well, if i look at this, even with the best mods we will not be able to make it 7* if we dont have our PS atleast at level 80. Omegas on the uniques change so much, you just have to read their increases on their abilities. Probably we can make it, but we realy have to bless RNG and try it like 400 times. So my question would be: Whats the difference between a 6* and 7* thrawn? :'(

If your Phoenix characters are fast (200+) and geared (most or all gear 9), then it's definitely possible to get Thrawn without omegas on their uniques. For Thrawn, there are base requirements (gear 8) that everyone needs to meet and additional requirements (speed, additional gear, omegas) that make it easier. You'll probably need some of the additional requirements, but won't always need all of them.

And the difference between 6* and 7* is exactly as the previous poster mentioned: heroic raids. Thrawn is a great character to use in heroic raids, but you'll only be able to do so if he's 7*. On the other hand, he's perfectly viable for arena at 6*. At least half the players in my arena top 50 (including me) have 6* Thrawn in their lineup.
  • cboath7
    461 posts Member
    Options
    So, then, what are the req's for 6*?
  • Options
    I got him at 6* with the following team:
    All level 70, Hera g9, others g8, all 7* except Hera (6*)
    Speeds:
    Chopper 200
    Ezra 199
    Hera 185
    Zeb 169 (also over 40% potency)
    Kanan 131
  • Options
    I'll be able to hit level 76 so I can omega basic attacks. Working on getting Hera g9, pretty sure I'll be able to.

I think the best I can do is:
    Hera, Chopper and Ezra g9
    Kanan and Chopper g8
    Ezra 217
    Hera 201
    Chopper 200
    Zeb 185
    Kanan 134
    Enough omega for 2 basic attacks omega'd
    Zebs potency at 48%

Hopefully I'll be able to 7*.
  • Options
    RaylekZen wrote: »
    I'll be able to hit level 76 so I can omega basic attacks. Working on getting Hera g9, pretty sure I'll be able to.

I think the best I can do is:
    Hera, Chopper and Ezra g9
    Kanan and Chopper g8
    Ezra 217
    Hera 201
    Chopper 200
    Zeb 185
    Kanan 134
    Enough omega for 2 basic attacks omega'd
    Zebs potency at 48%

Hopefully I'll be able to 7*.

7* thrawn in 20-30 attempts.
    Omegas on Zeb and Ezra's basic.
    Hera, Chopper, Ezra g9
    Zeb and kanan g8

Thanks y'all!
  • Options
    Well done! I doubted you.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    Respect!
    This gives me hope too. Im around the same, level 79, and have ezra g10, with ~190 speed on the main three.
  • Options
    I'm trying to 7* him at the moment, not even coming close on the last round of Tier 7. I have been trying with Sabine over Chopper which I have since found is a bad idea,

What are the best methods on the last round by way of strategy?

My team is currently:

Ezra G10 (level 6 all abilities)
    Sabine G8 (level 6 abilities)
    Hera G8 (Level 5 abilities with leadership maxxed)
    Zeb G8 (level 6 al abilities)
    Kanan G8 (Level 3 all abilites)

Chopper G0 level 1 lol

Thanks!
  • Options
    Possible to share your attack approach?
  • Options
    Go buy a lotto ticket lol
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    I'm on my 8th try now, I do best when kanaan gets fractured, auto quitting if zeb or ezra dies with more than 3 enemies left

lvl 77, G9 hera ezra and chopper, g8 tanks. will update with speed soon. omega on ezra and zeb

Thrawn keeps fracturing zeb almost every single time...everyone focuses him even without a taunt. RNGesus is not helping me right now.
  • Options
    Good luck robomelon, let us know how your getting on, when you say you have omegad Ezra and Zeb, is that all abilities?
  • Options
    Update...got him at 7*...

Omegas on basics only. I had everyone to lvl 77, max level. Every other ability was lvl7.

https://swgoh.gg/u/robomelon314/

This should show my mods and gear etc. G9+2 on hera, chopper, and ezra, g8+ for zeb/kanaan.

Thrawn fractured chopper on second turn, stormtrooper got the double taunt, then chopper had time to dispelook and regain protection before fracture.

Got a revive on kanaan once when he taunted to protect.

DT, DT, CM, CM, ST, Thrawn was kill order.

Had all but chopper alive when DT's died. It was a lot of luck on chopper's final taunt, evaded at least 4 times. Zeb ended up fractured twice, but managed to avoid dying.

It is possible, do not fear.
    15 tries. RNGesus.
  • Options
    Update...got him at 7*...

Omegas on basics only. I had everyone to lvl 77, max level. Every other ability was lvl7.

https://swgoh.gg/u/robomelon314/

This should show my mods and gear etc. G9+2 on hera, chopper, and ezra, g8+ for zeb/kanaan.

Thrawn fractured chopper on second turn, stormtrooper got the double taunt, then chopper had time to dispelook and regain protection before fracture.

Got a revive on kanaan once when he taunted to protect.

DT, DT, CM, CM, ST, Thrawn was kill order.

Had all but chopper alive when DT's died. It was a lot of luck on chopper's final taunt, evaded at least 4 times. Zeb ended up fractured twice, but managed to avoid dying.

It is possible, do not fear.
    15 tries. RNGesus.

Another lottery winner! Congrats!
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    Options
    I also did it! :)

Level 78, Chopper/Ezra g9 the rest G8 (Hera almost 9), god mods(from my empire arena squad) 200+ speed in Chopper/Ezra/Hera, 185 in Zeb, 160 Kannan. Only omega'ed Ezra's basic attack.

Around 30-40 tries, keep trying and focused boys!
  • Shadowscream
    970 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I did it with lvl 82 Phoenix squad, Uniques Omega’d (Chopper not Sabine)
    Ezra/Chopper basic and Watch & Learn Omega
    Average 5* health mods (some less than 5*) Poor speed....

Alternate Chopper/ Kanan Taunting
    Protection assistance and Backup plan need to be meticulous
    Then throw backwards and forwards between Hera & Ezra, relying on Watch & Learn etc
    Step 1 remove taunt, murder Death Troopers immediately, then ST, then other adds.
    Lost Chopper about now....
    The remaining 4 obviously are way too much for Thrawn.

• Options
    got thrawn to 6* , gonna focus on mods for the rest 6 days and try everyday about 20 times the event untill i get him to 7 stars wish me luck . ( good luck everyone in the same spot as me )

https://swgoh.gg/u/huxhu/
  • Options
    It really does come down to RNG. The less prepared you are, the more you need. But even a 7*, 85, G12, fully zeta'd Phoenix squad could lose if the wrong things happen at the wrong times. It's really kind of amazing how that works.
  • Options
    Now you just have to do it a few more times for the Mythic event :smile:
  • Options
    It really does come down to RNG. The less prepared you are, the more you need. But even a 7*, 85, G12, fully zeta'd Phoenix squad could lose if the wrong things happen at the wrong times. It's really kind of amazing how that works.

That seems like an exaggeration to me. Instead of relying on luck and fighting the battle dozens of times, it’s much better to know what you need, be prepared, and make mod adjustments when needed. I can say from experience that if your characters were at or close to the required star level during the event but you didn’t get it, then keep getting them ready and you will get it next time.
  • Options
    Kai_Mulai wrote: »

That seems like an exaggeration to me. Instead of relying on luck and fighting the battle dozens of times, it’s much better to know what you need, be prepared, and make mod adjustments when needed. I can say from experience that if your characters were at or close to the required star level during the event but you didn’t get it, then keep getting them ready and you will get it next time.

Preparation is definitely key to making this easier. But you can't eliminate RNG completely. The DT specials prevent Back Up Plan from working, and if you get the wrong string of events going even the best team will not clear it.