Health of the game

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    They usually do... Thx for understanding

:D "Backhanded apology." Jeebus...
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36610 posts Member
    Options
    Was it?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Was it?

Suggesting that people usually say unpleasant things to you just seems...a little...odd.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • TVF
    36610 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not sure he's wrong though.
  • Options
    While a bit off topic, i have to agree i see alot of people saying unpleasant things/generally being rude to TVF for the sin of just having an opinion on something that they dont agree with.
  • TVF
    36610 posts Member
    Options
    It's not a big deal, if I couldn't take it I wouldn't post my opinion. ;)
  • Options
    I've been reading stuff about how "if this continues it'll kill the game" for a long, long time. Like since before the Citadel packs where essentially 5 Krennick shards were like 2300 crystals. The game is doing fine, just fine.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • TVF
    36610 posts Member
    Options
    2300 crystals for 5 shards? Wowzers.
  • Options
    I've been reading stuff about how "if this continues it'll kill the game" for a long, long time. Like since before the Citadel packs where essentially 5 Krennick shards were like 2300 crystals. The game is doing fine, just fine.

I agree.. There is some great knowledge and stuff to learn on this forum..... But a large portion of it is just people whining to get the devs to change the game to suit their personal needs.....

If you don't like it, don't play it, it's that simple..... You want then latest and greatest toon, then pay for it.... You don't want to pay, then take pride in doing your best as ftp.... Join a guild and give your 600, and enjoy the rewards.....

This game is doing just fine....

And to the ftp players, there is nothing wrong with being ftp, I am certainly not a whale myself.... But buying a $3 crystal pack once in a while would put a smile on your face and helps support the game...

Its not rocket surgery....
  • Options
    The biggest threat to the long term health of the game is power creep. The most frustrating parts of the sith raid (besides them nerfing teams that are working as described simply because they do too well, but that's another topic) are the stacking tenacity and high health. These mechanics are necessary because they've consistently released op characters that trivialize difficult parts of the game:

CLS has the entire kit of a team built to solo the rancor raid (tenacity down, speed down, tm reduction, damage)

BB-8 provides a consistent potency buff to the team for no reason, meaning you can focus less on potency mods. He also has tenacity down and can provide every offensive buff to the team after a few turns

Wampa can gain ridiculous amounts of stacking offense the more dots are applied. Zader applies dots that can never go away, which gives them insane synergy in raid content. He can also gains a lot of stacking offense the more turns he takes, which I think more than anything is why they nerfed sthan in phase 3 (they never touched chirpatine in Haat, even though that was also an infinite loop)

JTR--they literally had to nerf an established mechanic across all three raids because her kit is so op

The poor communication issues have been around for awhile and haven't killed the game (most people that play probably very rarely visit the forums or Reddit). I think the best thing they can do for the long term health of the game is to take a step back from releasing new content and characters, and just do a general house cleaning on old characters to bring them up to speed.
  • Options
    ^^^ I do agree on sith raid... It's just not fun.....

Quite frankly, remove nihilus protection recover and we would all enjoy it more...... It's ok that it is hard.. but stupid that it is that hard....
  • ForeverWest76
    168 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Was it?

Suggesting that people usually say unpleasant things to you just seems...a little...odd.

I was agreeing with him... People do usually post crap about him. How is it you misconstrued that. The comments yesterday were simply more of the same.
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

And people have been saying that Blockbuster and Toys R Us were going to go under for years as they walked away after some dumb decisions and they are doing just fine. Right?

The biggest concern for CG is what the life cycle guys help to analyze. That is a legitimate cause for worry at this point. While people are more prone to complain than praise, people who publicly complain and stop supporting a company are usually outnumbered by the consumers who silently walk away. I read this forum for a year before I posted. I am most certainly not the only one.

Yes there are ridiculous complaints here, but not the bigger ones levvied at the developers and publishers of this game.
  • Options
    I think CG has been doing better recently. The reason being: Marvel Strike Force. Nothing wrong with a little competition for us consumers.
  • Options
    Buffbeardo wrote: »
    I think CG has been doing better recently. The reason being: Marvel Strike Force. Nothing wrong with a little competition for us consumers.

In one move they have undone any good will and moved us closer to being on life support.
  • Vorgen
    254 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    JRCPKT99 wrote: »
    If its a game that you pay a lot for, changing the mechanics after individuals pay to play is a big deal. I get it.

But nobody, ever, is forced to either pay, or to play.

It's all personal choice.

So you are saying if you walk into a BestBuy and see that big shining curved tv and you decide to buy it only to find out it was a just a cheap flatscreen knockoff after you unpack it at home, you are ok with it? After all, nobody forced you to buy it. Once again, when the community is seething with anger, especially well justified, you moderators should learn to just keep your mouth shut.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Was it?

I was agreeing with him... People do usually post **** about him. How is it you misconstrued that. The comments yesterday were simply more of the same.

I guess that's true. Heck, I've found myself defending TVF quite a bit lately, so it must be. :D. When I read it initially it just seemed a tad...well, backhanded. It's all good.

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    On a somewhat related note, does anyone think "reviewing the data takes time" is really just code for "we need to wait and see if the whales are angry enough to slow down their spending"?

• Options
    On a somewhat related note, does anyone think "reviewing the data takes time" is really just code for "we need to wait and see if the whales are angry enough to slow down their spending"?

I’m think that’s a major consideration BUT no plankton, no whales. So, I do believe they keep f2p and dolphins under consideration as well.
  • Options
    I do hope future game developers use our plight for "training and coaching purposes".

How to disappoint your player base 101.
  • Options
    I sometimes feel like we really are a few around here thinking the dev team is not a Machiavelic machine entirely entitled to generate money. God knows how ridiculous I think the prices are in this game but I still think that the devs genuinely want the players to have fun and not only reach their pocket.
  • Options
    DrMaggot wrote: »
    I sometimes feel like we really are a few around here thinking the dev team is not a Machiavelic machine entirely entitled to generate money. God knows how ridiculous I think the prices are in this game but I still think that the devs genuinely want the players to have fun and not only reach their pocket.
    DrMaggot wrote: »

Totally agree. If they were really after that quick buck they could pump out 4 or 5 iconic characters that would get fan boy juices frothing. Put them behind some sort of paywall or panic farm and then go ok we are done now and walk away to some other project or such. I know they wont as they are making a ton of money from this.
  • Options
    they never touched chirpatine in Haat, even though that was also an infinite loop
    It was a loop, yes, but a finite one. Once the tanks were killed by counters from the B2, palp died soon after. They definitely would have changed it if it had been infinite.
    I think the best thing they can do for the long term health of the game is to take a step back from releasing new content and characters, and just do a general house cleaning on old characters to bring them up to speed.
    While I agree that sounds good, it isn’t good for business to rework existing characters people already have without also introducing new ones for purchase.

I agree with most of your post, by the way. I just wanted to clarify and comment on a couple of items that stood out.
  • Options
    Vorgen wrote: »
    So you are saying if you walk into a BestBuy and see that big shining curved tv and you decide to buy it only to find out it was a just a cheap flatscreen knockoff after you unpack it at home, you are ok with it? After all, nobody forced you to buy it. Once again, when the community is seething with anger, especially well justified, you moderators should learn to just keep your mouth shut.

Personally I'd take it right back, get a refund and never go into a Best Buy again in my life. It's not complicated.

Thanks for the advice - but I'll do as I please ;)

• Charvo
    13 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I think the arena mode is probably the most fun aspect of the game, and it is basically just 5 battles everyday at 3 minutes a battle. That's 15 minutes of actual fun for this game. Territory battles and the raids are done with such robotic precision that they really aren't fun for me. I'm sure it is the same for many people. Ever since GW became simmable, I'm pretty sure everyone has simmed the entire GW with few exceptions. It goes to show SWGOH needs to emphasize its most interesting mode which is the arena. I think there should be an arena simulator mode that is non-competitive. Just allow unlimited battles against anyone on the shard without any ranks being involved. 5 battles a day in arena is quite low. I just got Thrawn, and I hardly get to use him in the arena before the 5 battles are finished. The arena is the best motivation to acquire new characters to use them in random lineups. 5 battles is not enough.
  • Options
    As a Heroic Sith raider I personally don't buy the whole "health of the game" argument. Yes I've been lucky enough to receive full G12 pieces and perhaps there is a point to be made that I'm pulling too far ahead of players who can't yet do the Heroic Sith Raid. But by shutting down the full G12 pieces, you're only ensuring that those players who are behind will never have the same opportunity at full G12 pieces as I have had. You're not closing the gap, you're solidifying it.
    What I believe is far more likely is that full G12 pieces reduce the gear grind too much. They want a steep gear grind so more people cough up real money. It's not about the health of the game, it's about the health of their profits. But I suppose that if they aren't profitable there's no game. However, don't pretend like this gear change is for our benefit; it's for yours, and to suggest otherwise is insulting.
  • Options
    Obs0lete wrote: »
    they never touched chirpatine in Haat, even though that was also an infinite loop
    It was a loop, yes, but a finite one. Once the tanks were killed by counters from the B2, palp died soon after. They definitely would have changed it if it had been infinite.
    I think the best thing they can do for the long term health of the game is to take a step back from releasing new content and characters, and just do a general house cleaning on old characters to bring them up to speed.
    While I agree that sounds good, it isn’t good for business to rework existing characters people already have without also introducing new ones for purchase.

I agree with most of your post, by the way. I just wanted to clarify and comment on a couple of items that stood out.

The sthan thing was a finite loop too. It wasn't as simple as "just run sthan and you can solo the whole phase." I don't think I was able to more 1.5 million in the lower tiers using a zeta ventress lead and thrawn and sthan before it got nerfed. It was the teams with Zader lead and wampa that were causing the 20 million+ damage, which tells me it was wampa more than anything that caused sthan to get nerfed in the raid
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    Game is in a poor state at the moment, everyone can see that. Was so good between 12 & 24 months ago. This year has been an epic failure though. Really hoping for some good playable game content in the future.
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    JRCPKT99 wrote: »
    If its a game that you pay a lot for, changing the mechanics after individuals pay to play is a big deal. I get it.

But nobody, ever, is forced to either pay, or to play.

It's all personal choice.

Yeah ... The fact is this is the only game where they create new content where existing content has to be nerfed/changed. All other games create new content that works with existing content. That is the point... you pay then you don't actually get what your paying for. That is why people are annoyed.
This discussion has been closed.