So is this the way communications are going?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Degs29 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Yeah, that's great hes doing it, but that shouldn't fall to him as "his job". I am wondering if this is a temporary thing until they have a full time community manager.

A game at this level should definitely have a full time community manager!

They are hiring, you looking for a job?

Kozi moved so they went on the hunt. Shes still around but cant be as active as she was.
  • Options
    Yeah, that's great hes doing it, but that shouldn't fall to him as "his job". I am wondering if this is a temporary thing until they have a full time community manager.

Kozi moved so they went on the hunt. Shes still around but cant be as active as she was.

Do you have to live in Sacramento?
  • Options

Depends how far you want to commute presumably.
  • Options

From Nyc that will be hard to swing. Even as a pass rider :(
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

Mate, I'm in England :smiley:

Plus I doubt I'd fit in with the whole frappucino-swilling, cross-training, Burning Man-attending thing :wink:
  • Ozwyn
    20 posts Member
    Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Further. Insidious. Favoritism.

And it's to the detriment of everybody except those video makers.

??? How? How are some video interviews hurting anyone, and why is it insidious?

I can’t answer for DarthPourgatory, as he’s coming from this from a different angle I think, but I can try to touch on the first question. It’s not so much who they hurt, as who they help. AKA, all you people out there with ears that function more or less normally. You all can watch the video, get the info, and go on with your day. I either can try and watch the absurd mess of bad auto caption (when it exists) and try and puzzle out who is speaking and about what, or I can annoy someone who can hear to watch it for me and then try and explain it back, or otherwise depend on the kindness of strangers to post stuff on the internet about the video. As a result, I am behind on the info, and less able to make wise choices about what to farm, etc. You guys are getting a bonus that I cannot access, and while that is not the end of the world, I like to think that people generally prefer NOT to discriminate if they do not have to. And they really don’t have to.
  • Options

Mate, I'm in England :smiley:

Plus I doubt I'd fit in with the whole frappucino-swilling, cross-training, Burning Man-attending thing :wink:

Haha Beychella? My gf is in London right now. Prosecco fest or something.

Kyno is the unofficial and unpaid CM anyway. We re in good hands.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Ozwyn wrote: »
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Further. Insidious. Favoritism.

And it's to the detriment of everybody except those video makers.

??? How? How are some video interviews hurting anyone, and why is it insidious?

I can’t answer for DarthPourgatory, as he’s coming from this from a different angle I think, but I can try to touch on the first question. It’s not so much who they hurt, as who they help. AKA, all you people out there with ears that function more or less normally. You all can watch the video, get the info, and go on with your day. I either can try and watch the absurd mess of bad auto caption (when it exists) and try and puzzle out who is speaking and about what, or I can annoy someone who can hear to watch it for me and then try and explain it back, or otherwise depend on the kindness of strangers to post stuff on the internet about the video. As a result, I am behind on the info, and less able to make wise choices about what to farm, etc. You guys are getting a bonus that I cannot access, and while that is not the end of the world, I like to think that people generally prefer NOT to discriminate if they do not have to. And they really don’t have to.

I can definitely appreciate your situation. I am absolutely, wholeheartedly in agreement with everyone who suggests that:

1. All new information that is released (be it podcast or YouTube video or whatever) should have a text based TL;DR version containing anything new, or significant at the very least.

2. All communication from the devs should be linked to one central location here on the forum. They can post whatever, wherever, but always provide a link here.

On the other hand people who are furious because we're being given extra communication in a variety of formats, and want to dream up an evil grand conspiracy, or be personally offended just because things exist in the world that aren't their preference are not helping. It's the overly emotional, toxic, crybaby nonsense with no facts to back it up that doesn't help anything.

And I am not a dev apologist. I can point out where I called them liars here on the forum in the last week or two... because we have written proof of the lie. But I'm not going to jump up and down screaming at anything I don't personally like.

I'm glad that they are on the forum more, and have done multiple Q&A sessions here, and are putting out video interviews, and podcasts. I just think that a polite request to make some minor alterations for the reasons that you, and other reasonable individuals have pointed out will have more success. Something like, 'hey thanks for doing what we asked. Here's how it could be better.' Instead of, 'anything I don't like is useless garbage, and I'm offended by it's existence. The evil devs must be on a secret mission to make me miserable.' The later voice is a minority, but they are definitely there.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Chicago, IL is a bit far. Otherwise I'd consider it. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Attempted insults at people with different views than you aside, you make good points about how things have gotten generally better, and how they seem to want to reach out more.

Here's the thing. I know, I know it's all the rage to point fingers and cry about how offended someone must be, how hurt, how devastated and personal it all is to them just because their passion for a stance looks different than yours...but that doesn't make them an enemy, a great big gaping wounded hole in the chest, bleeding heart, deeply offended and grievously wronged forum dweller.

It also doesn't make their points any less incorrect.

So bloviate more about how hurt I am because I have views on their chosen methods, how I and others are conspiracy theorists because we see the obvious facts in the Devs and GCs holding hands, and everything else pointed out in the pages prior.

Ultimately, I don't have to prove a thing to you or anyone else. I just have to speak my peace, let the Devs hear my opinion, and do with it whatever they will.

The fact that I'm not alone in this, as evidenced by this post, the others, and Reddit, only provides reinforcement that I'm not delusional.

Or at least, I'm not delusional alone. Ain't the internet grand? We all get to share opinions together. I think there's a popular saying about that, though.

That being said...who's ready for that update today, eh?
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Attempted insults at people with different views than you aside, you make good points about how things have gotten generally better, and how they seem to want to reach out more.

Here's the thing. I know, I know it's all the rage to point fingers and cry about how offended someone must be, how hurt, how devastated and personal it all is to them just because their passion for a stance looks different than yours...but that doesn't make them an enemy, a great big gaping wounded hole in the chest, bleeding heart, deeply offended and grievously wronged forum dweller.

It also doesn't make their points any less incorrect.

So bloviate more about how hurt I am because I have views on their chosen methods, how I and others are conspiracy theorists because we see the obvious facts in the Devs and GCs holding hands, and everything else pointed out in the pages prior.

Ultimately, I don't have to prove a thing to you or anyone else. I just have to speak my peace, let the Devs hear my opinion, and do with it whatever they will.

The fact that I'm not alone in this, as evidenced by this post, the others, and Reddit, only provides reinforcement that I'm not delusional.

Or at least, I'm not delusional alone. Ain't the internet grand? We all get to share opinions together. I think there's a popular saying about that, though.

That being said...who's ready for that update today, eh?

Not every stance is correct. That's why evidence is useful. And when a change is needed, not every approach to making that change is effective. But forget that. Just keep being angry about things you feel to be true with no "proof" or whatever. Keep ranting about evil conspiracies. Hopefully the people who have made a kind request in this thread get what they are seeking despite your silliness.
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Can lead a blind man to water but ya can't make him drink, or something to that effect. You have your fingers in your ears, and that's OK mate. This'll be the last time I respond to you on this thread; the other poster already showed how wise that was.

You appear to have missed the forest for the trees in my many actual requests alongside the accusations.

Condescend away, oh omniscient purveyor of the exclusive truth of things! I'll be over here waiting on the update to fall (or not). I need to hit the raid anyway, and that grind is more productive than reading any further bleating from you.

Enjoy your day, mate!
  • Options
    Well, I think what we CAN agree upon is how we as a community are Communicated with. I think the no “official” responses in this thread show why we need a CM. (If they would even comment on here- they should though!)

Carrie has kind of taken up that duty but obviously has other jobs to do.
    In a way the next CM is set up to do really well.
    - responding to a thread like this
    - Talking about how to better stream line info for all.
    - And the lack of a CM makes us miss one.
  • Options
    Well, I think what we CAN agree upon is how we as a community are Communicated with. I think the no “official” responses in this thread show why we need a CM. (If they would even comment on here- they should though!)

Carrie has kind of taken up that duty but obviously has other jobs to do.
    In a way the next CM is set up to do really well.
    - responding to a thread like this
    - Talking about how to better stream line info for all.
    - And the lack of a CM makes us miss one.

These concerns were addressed in a response on Reddit.
  • Options
    These concerns were addressed in a response on Reddit.

And Reddit is https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/ the new official source of information, apparently.

We're such fools to keep coming here hoping for official words on the official forums.

• Options
    Agree on not liking the heavy reliance on videos - we need a blogger than - 15+ minute YT videos to absorb text that would take a few minutes pushes me and others away from getting the info. There's also so many and in different locations / channels that it's a bit overwhelming to keep up with.
  • Inke
    32 posts Member
    Options
    Look everyone. There’s typed out, notes for the content update on the OFFICIAL FORUMS for anyone to read. Does that put an end to all the whining that’s been going on for the past few weeks. Read until your hearts content.
  • Options
    Inke wrote: »
    Look everyone. There’s typed out, notes for the content update on the OFFICIAL FORUMS for anyone to read. Does that put an end to all the whining that’s been going on for the past few weeks. Read until your hearts content.

Nope.
  • Inke
    32 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    We're such fools to keep coming here hoping for official words on the official forums.

At least you’ve learned something.
  • Options

With 2 day old information...
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    It's okay fellas. Let the sycophants do what they do. Question nothing! Ignorance is happiness!

They're superior because they watch vidyas and pawdcasts, after all. We're just the lowly peons who expect more from our overlords who spend more time on Reddit than they do here. We really should know better than to expect an employee to frequent their own website.

We don't change with the times, it's on us, mates. Just on us.
  • Inke
    32 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

CaptainRex wrote: »

With 2 day old information...

I know right. Maybe CG will take the time to email everyone next update. I wonder what people will complain about then.
  • Inke
    32 posts Member
    Options
    It's okay fellas. Let the sycophants do what they do. Question nothing! Ignorance is happiness!

They're superior because they watch vidyas and pawdcasts, after all. We're just the lowly peons who expect more from our overlords who spend more time on Reddit than they do here. We really should know better than to expect an employee to frequent their own website.

You want more communication.

CG does AMAs and audio interviews with information months before the update.

You want the information in written form.

Community member make posts summarizing CG’s interviews.

You want it on the “official forums”.

Community member rewrite posts and put it here.

You’re still mad.

Take a step back and maybe look inward. Everyone else might not be the problem.

• DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I don't need to look inward mate. As long as information keeps coming from other channels well before it does from an official source on this site , I have no need to look anywhere else.

I am confident on the ground I stand on. Maybe you should check your own footing before you question mine.

• Options

You want more communication.

CG does AMAs and audio interviews with information months before the update.

You want the information in written form.

Community member make posts summarizing CG’s interviews.

You want it on the “official forums”.

Community member rewrite posts and put it here.

You’re still mad.

Take a step back and maybe look inward. Everyone else might not be the problem.

I think most of us just want the official forum to be official.
  • Inke
    32 posts Member
    Options
    So CG Carrie and Tophat and shyguy and contractconceptguywhowentonvacation and all the others I forgot aren’t official sources? That’s where all the information came from.
  • Options
    He’s not shy ! Lol
    I love comments complaining about complaints.
    My view if you work for a living you have the right to complain about it.
    If you play a grind game and have complaints - do it - just do it in the right forum.

This is a community that we all want to better. Devs, mods, players, complainers and @TVF

I think Jacen said it pages ago - if you draw a line in the sand people will always get on both sides of it.

But it is funny to me how ppl pick and choose to complain about complaining or even constructive criticism that takes minimum effort. (highlights)

Remember when one of the Hoth bros was moved from a 5* requirement to 7* ppl complained and it was changed back. Wicket and talzin events were a bit much - we complained and they are now farmable on hard nodes. Most recently the Sith rewards as well.

We love improved communication but that doesn’t mean we ahould stop communicating and just wait for a certain time to voice our approval or not.
    Also look who is in aggreance - many long time players that add to this forum.

TLDR- Inke complain away, ‘‘tis your tight as it is everyones.
  • Options
    Now you're just being willfully ignorant. Unless you're willing to engage in discourse about the root of what we're saying, it's about as useful replying to you as the other guy.

Have a good evening, mate.
  • Inke
    32 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Well put VVV.

And DP, we feel the same about each other. At least there’s some common ground.

I’m going to see if there’s a GameChanger’s video about the new BH so I can get a better Sith score. Have fun until that info gets here.