Content Update [HF] 5/1/2018 (Mega)

Replies

• Carrie
    122 posts Member
    Options
    Patience, my young padawans. We have a long period of Star Wars excitement ahead of you.
    Senior Producer, Galaxy of Heroes
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    I like free stuff.

Would I like more free stuff? Duh-doy, of course. But am I going to get bent out of shape because the free stuff I’m getting isn’t what I want? Duh-duh-doy-hoy, no......

Crossing my fingers for some bonus Holdo shards. Anything to speed that farm up.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Patience, my young padawans. We have a long period of Star Wars excitement ahead of you.

If you’re bringing back JTR, please wait another week or two so I can finish starring/gearing my last vet lol
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

Someone must have hacked Carrie’s account, because she’s smart enough to know “patience” isn’t in the vocabulary of most folks here :p
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Scabmaggot
    62 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    The only thing long time players are getting is a 3* bossk
    They should change the name to may CG not care about what the people that played the game from the start and got the word out to other people to play so we have jobs money grab celebration
    #outoftouchwhatmaythe4thisabout
    Post edited by Scabmaggot on
  • Options
    Scabmaggot wrote: »
    The only thing long time players are getting for free is a 3* bossk
    They should change the name to may CG not care about what the people that played the game from the start and got the word out to other people to play so we have jobs money grab celebration

You mean the Bossk (and his contract) that are sure looking useful for that Sith raid? The raid which was designed for late game players, and tuned to their abilities and rosters? those same players who will get gear 12 pieces 5 & 6 first as rewards for Heroic STR?

That Bossk is looking pretty good, frankly.

Also, our guild has a couple of long-term players, but most members don’t have raid Han yet. Fellow guildies getting toons to help more in heroic raids and TB/TW doesn’t seem like a bad deal for our longer term players. Their rewards will improve, too, as newer players can hit harder.

May The Fourth is about Star Wars, which has a lot people working hard together for mutual benefit. Seems like they’re right on target for what the day is about.
  • Monel
    2788 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    And every player who has raid han for years or months now?

You don't like the shard shop?

I can get 10 shards for the shard shop any second with the 10s of thousands of currency I have stocked up from arena, GW and Cantina shipments.

Congratulations. I guess this part of May 4th isn't for you. But that's ok, the Mythic tier of events isn't for new players. Some stuff simply cannot be for everyone.

Yeah I guess long timers don't deserve a reason to celebrate may 4th

You already have Holdo, Gar, Fulcrum and Krennic all at 7*??? Since you and I started at the same time, and I don't any of those at 7*, color me impressed.

I imagine impressed to be all the colors of 120 pack of crayola crayons.
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Options
    Any way I can sign up to just get Holdo and Saxon shards I can use those ones
  • Monel
    2788 posts Member
    Options
    Jeric wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »
    Cstone812 wrote: »
    No one cares about bonus shards...

Speak for yourself, I'm actively farming four of those six characters right now.
    Lol, I'm a "launch" player and I am in the same boat. I am excited about the May 4th events!

There are apparently a few people on the forums who, if you bought them a steak dinner (or lobster, if red meat ain't their favorite), would complain because you didn't cut it up for them too.

I could care less tbh. The problem is people have been used to double drops which is way better. You can focus on whomever you want. This is forced drops, and it's just a chance. Maybe that chance is 50% maybe that chance is the same as pulling 330 shards from 1 of those character packs. People want to grind what's important to them. 4 of 6 of those characters are important to you so it worked out. For me, the only non 7 star is Holdo. So because I am grinding something different out than that I get no immediate benefit of what I am looking to do.

Personally I was hoping for double drops as well because I wanted to finally finish geo spy. I keep finding reasons to not finish that one so double drops would have made it nice. No big deal, but I was disappointed at first. Now after a fee minutes of thinking about I don't really care. But I also don't care if I get any extra drops of the other stuff. I will log in for Bossk on May 4th, but their celebration is lackluster for ME. I hope it is blockbuster for YOU

How do you get used to something that hasn't happened on this day in two years? Doesn't something have to be consistent for it to be something one gets used to?

I have to laugh. When people complain about every little update, it starts to sound like noise. Eventually it mitigates the ability to affect any action at all because the volume is always the same. I was on everyone's side with the raid rewards, but not this whine fest. May the 4th isn't that big of a day. Celebrate by sharing memes and watching the films and shows you like, not by being antagonistic to people who decide to give away something free on their platform.

Give a mouse a cookie ...

I don't get used to anything , I said people have. And saying something is lackluster for ME, shouldn't be a problem for YOU. Just trying to point out that's ok to have different opinions. Plus CG has mentioned several times they try to give us what we want, so it's perfectly fine for someone to politely say they were expecting more. I believe I have done this. Thank you sir and good day!
  • Monel
    2788 posts Member
    Options
    lesismore wrote: »
    Looks like they have decided to shift their focus from older players to new players as their main source of income, this is a good call :p

It is indeed a good call! We agree on this, old players leave. It happens in every game, new players keep it going and are likely to spend more money because they have more need. As an old player myself my spending has decreased dramatically. Largely because I have most of the characters. So I am glad they are inticing newer players to open their wallets so I can keep mine closed.
  • Options
    I don't like surprises especially when they came out of the devs: the mystic tier of those most recent events are nearly impossible even for our whale players, not to mention other PTPs, really a waste of time and a lot of frustration :s
  • Fives5555
    331 posts Member
    Options
    I have some faith in the devs if I’m being totally homest. However I do like this game way more than movies like That Farts Awful and The Lame Jedi (like rogue one)
  • Options

You mean the Bossk (and his contract) that are sure looking useful for that Sith raid? The raid which was designed for late game players, and tuned to their abilities and rosters? those same players who will get gear 12 pieces 5 & 6 first as rewards for Heroic STR?

Also, our guild has a couple of long-term players, but most members don’t have raid Han yet. Fellow guildies getting toons to help more in heroic raids and TB/TW doesn’t seem like a bad deal for our longer term players. Their rewards will improve, too, as newer players can hit harder.

May The Fourth is about Star Wars, which has a lot people working hard together for mutual benefit. Seems like they’re right on target for what the day is about.

So if you get a perfect drop rate you'll get and extra 40 shards over the 5 day period not a game changer
    Agreed Bossk will be meta and i don't care about them giving raid han sherds for free the mutual benefit would be gear I'm not even asking for double drops they should of just opened all the events for the weekend (endor esculation for example) where the rewards are gear,shards,omegas and zetas that everyone can use not bonus drops that only some people need
  • Options
    Fives5555 wrote: »
    I have some faith in the devs if I’m being totally homest. However I do like this game way more than movies like That Farts Awful and The Lame Jedi (like rogue one)

You thought the Force Awakens was awful? I agree with The Last Jedi being quite poor and not doing at all what it needed to do, but I thought TFA was great for what it was meant to do.
  • Fives5555
    331 posts Member
    Options
    Fives5555 wrote: »

You thought the Force Awakens was awful? I agree with The Last Jedi being quite poor and not doing at all what it needed to do, but I thought TFA was great for what it was meant to do.
    I just would’ve like to see Luke fight Kylo on Starkiller instead of being a hermit and out of character for Luke also Rey being able to discover the force automatically was a little ridiculous imo but it’s better than TLJ
  • Ultra
    11551 posts Moderator
    Options

I will not be denied the rank of a Jedi Master!
  • Scabmaggot
    62 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Mutual benefit for all would of been events that you can earn shards,gear,omegas, and zetas that everyone can use
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

You are on these forums, but we do not grant you the rank of master
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

This is outrageous, it's unfair! I'm more powerful than any of you bloggers. How can you be on the forums and not be a master?
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

This is outrageous, it's unfair! I'm more powerful than any of you bloggers. How can you be on the forums and not be a master?

Have a seat, young Stormbreaker.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Monel wrote: »
    And every player who has raid han for years or months now?

You don't like the shard shop?

I can get 10 shards for the shard shop any second with the 10s of thousands of currency I have stocked up from arena, GW and Cantina shipments.

Congratulations. I guess this part of May 4th isn't for you. But that's ok, the Mythic tier of events isn't for new players. Some stuff simply cannot be for everyone.

Yeah I guess long timers don't deserve a reason to celebrate may 4th

You already have Holdo, Gar, Fulcrum and Krennic all at 7*??? Since you and I started at the same time, and I don't any of those at 7*, color me impressed.

I imagine impressed to be all the colors of 120 pack of crayola crayons.

I'm so old, I only think up to 64 crayons....and a sharpener on the back. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Pr0t0cl0wn
    168 posts Member
    Options
    Gonna fix the Sith raid anytime soon? It destroyed my guild
  • Options
    Pr0t0cl0wn wrote: »
    Gonna fix the Sith raid anytime soon? It destroyed my guild

The sith triumvirate nearly destroyed the jedi as well. You will recover.
  • wharghoul
    14 posts Member
    Options
    im pretty excited for the guild event tokens from cantina. and i can almost see a han solo heroes journey that requires raid han. As for the bonus shards on hard mode; free shard shop for a few of them so win/win in my books!
  • Options
    Maybe wait and see....? All this panic is nuts. How bout thanks guys. You've given gamers years of engaging gameplay in a galaxy far far away. I appreciate all you guys do. I can't remember the last time I logged into a game everyday for years. Again thank you.
  • commander_unknown01
    152 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Thnx for those freebies.
    Just 1 question, The chances or probability for such drop?
    Post edited by commander_unknown01 on
  • perfstz
    2 posts Member
    Options
    If people don't start calling him "Login Han" I'm gonna make some noise.
  • GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member
    Options
    Umm no, make all the noise you wish tho