How many toons should we expect w/ movie releases?

Replies

• Options
    I’d expect more TLJ characters to come out later on in the year as they have quite a bit of time until the next movie after solo drops
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Since neither Young Solo or Chewie have a leader skill I expect at least 1 more character with a scoundrel leader skill, hopefully as a legendary event.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Of course, no one at CG has seen the movie yet, so they may be waiting until they have more than production notes to go off of for the rest.
    Still not a he.
  • MCThr33pio
    275 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Ham_Solomi wrote: »
    I’d expect more TLJ characters to come out later on in the year as they have quite a bit of time until the next movie after solo drops

If I were a betting man I'd guess that the next big place they'll draw new toons from will be either TLJ and/or the Clone Wars era. Too many people are barking for Jango, Amidala, a Grievous rework, and to be honest the vast majority of the Jedi are from that era as well ... mostly because they don't really exist in any other era.

So that's my guess. Now I'm going to wait for that inevitable Jawa rework to drop this summer instead.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    So many possibilities, Imperial Train Trooper, Young Lando, L3, Qi’ra, Beckett, Voss, Nest, cloud riders... so many possibilities. I’d like them to surprise us. The Scoundrel Faction could get viable quickly.
    :)
  • Options
    KueChael wrote: »
    So many possibilities, Imperial Train Trooper, Young Lando, L3, Qi’ra, Beckett, Voss, Nest, cloud riders... so many possibilities. I’d like them to surprise us. The Scoundrel Faction could get viable quickly.
    :)

My thoughts too. Really flesh out another faction.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    You forgot the most important character.

Therm Scissorpunch.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    I was little surprised how FEW new toons we got around the Last Jedi.
  • Options
    IF you expect more characters, you may end up with a Jar Jar... nobody wants that

Speak for yourself man...
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Ghost_Goh wrote: »
    The movie dropped right before Christmas.
    Still not a he.
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options
    Tbh I’m surprised they still haven’t added the rest of the TLJ toons. It’s been what... almost 5 months now? They need to get in that. But yeah I think there’ll at least be 3 or 4 new scoundrels and some new bad guys. Definitely the new imperial trooper, but I don’t know who else. There’s supposedly a “prequel character” in the movie, whatever that means. I hope it’s Robo legs maul. We’ve needed him for a while now. But yeah my guess around 8-10 new toons.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    And how many major additions to the game have there been in those five months? Not to mention a new movie coming incredibly close on the heels of TLJ, and zots that have been going into the necessary development of Ships 2.0 for months. With the flurry of events, moving further TLJ characters to the right of Solo and Ships 2.0 seems like the sensible decision.
    Still not a he.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    The Last Jedi took place where TFA left off. IMO-It was poorly executed and had no character development. Unlike all other episodes that had 2-8 years in between for assumed development.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    ...srsly?

The movie was wall to wall character development. Just four interwoven transformative plot arcs threaded with the conclusion of a fifth. It was a movie about character development.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Expect them soon
  • ThisYeezy
    582 posts Member
    Options
    I would at minimum expect Enfy Nest, RangeTrooper and Qi'ra. Maybe MudTrooper and Val as well.
  • Options
    Georgemi6 wrote: »
    Tbh I’m surprised they still haven’t added the rest of the TLJ toons. It’s been what... almost 5 months now? They need to get in that. But yeah I think there’ll at least be 3 or 4 new scoundrels and some new bad guys. Definitely the new imperial trooper, but I don’t know who else. There’s supposedly a “prequel character” in the movie, whatever that means. I hope it’s Robo legs maul. We’ve needed him for a while now. But yeah my guess around 8-10 new toons.

Several of the characters they haven't added are potential ship rework toons. Also, if they delay the release of more toons until August (or later...but, August) they can help build hype for Ep 9.

But really, who are we missing? Snoke (ship?), Hux (ship.), General Leia (ship), Hermit Luke (c'mon, we don't have Jedi Luke yet), Praetorian guard, and... DJ? Evil BB-8? Rose's dead sister? Skimmer Pilot? Mutiny Poe? Half the movie took place on ships running out of fuel. It's not all that character-rich.
  • ThisYeezy
    582 posts Member
    Options
    Georgemi6 wrote: »

Several of the characters they haven't added are potential ship rework toons. Also, if they delay the release of more toons until August (or later...but, August) they can help build hype for Ep 9.

But really, who are we missing? Snoke (ship?), Hux (ship.), General Leia (ship), Hermit Luke (c'mon, we don't have Jedi Luke yet), Praetorian guard, and... DJ? Evil BB-8? Rose's dead sister? Skimmer Pilot? Mutiny Poe? Half the movie took place on ships running out of fuel. It's not all that character-rich.

Agree with Snoke, Hux and Praetorian Guard. The amount of marketing there was for BB-9E makes it surprising that he wasn't added (they did the same for Pao and Bistan). Since Holdo was added I would think she would get the Resistance capital ship if one were added making Leia unnecessary. Hermit Luke probably will happen as part of Heroes Journey, but we're looking pretty far out for that. DJ would be an unnecessary addition. Paige Tico would give them the opportunity to add a Resistance Bomber ship so that is not out of the question.
  • lovemat
    270 posts Member
    Options
    Ghost_Goh wrote: »

Actually I think we will be getting more last Jedi characters in ship's p vs e . Like General Leia, General Hux, Snoke, Paige Tico could be added this way with their ships
  • Options
    Why do we have 2 Hans that work as rebels, but no Rebel Chewie? R2 D2 has like 4 factions but somehow Clone Wars Chewie isn't a rebel, despite helping Yoda escape to Dagobah, a fairly important piece in starting the rebellion.
  • Options
    Why do we have 2 Hans that work as rebels, but no Rebel Chewie? R2 D2 has like 4 factions but somehow Clone Wars Chewie isn't a rebel, despite helping Yoda escape to Dagobah, a fairly important piece in starting the rebellion.

Thats like giving anyone that defied order 66 the rebel tag. R2 is an outlier because he is a droid and doesnt really under go a character arc. He just is.
  • Options
    Will every han have a chewy? And will none of them still not pilot the falcon.
    A good dev troll would be young lando as the only pilot of the falcon lol
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    We have multiple versions of the same character because each one is supposed to be a snapshot of them at a particular time in the development of that character. So I'm thinking we'll get a new Han for each scene in the movie. Or perhaps a Han for how he appears at every 2 min interval in the movie.

A just woke up Han.
    A slapping his alarm Han.
    A yawning, and scratching Han.
    An appreciating himself in the mirror a bit longer than is warranted Han.
    A brushing his teeth to get rid of the taste of alien adult beverages from last night Han.
    A fumbling through his clothes trying to find a clean shirt because his mom says that hot shot pilots who quit the Imperial Academy (after all the tuition was paid up front) to be two bit hustlers can do their own laundry Han.

If they play their cards right they can squeeze at least 60 new Hans out of this movie, and Mace Windu will still be terrible.

#JediRework #MaceRework

I hope “an appreciating himself in the mirror a bit longer than warranted han” will be a legendary!

#buffjedi

Only in his eyes.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    The Rebellion was formally founded long after Yoda escaped, once it became clear that conventional politics and negotiation alone would not be sufficient to dislodge the Emperor and restore freedom to the Republic.

Also, other than R2, all characters are snapshots.

Otherwise, there would be some hilarious and interesting tags on people. Like Dooku having Jedi, Palpatine having Galactic Republic, Sabine having Empire, and Rex having Rebel and Phoenix. It would kinda degenerate into nonsense real quick, and mess up a lot of synergy through law of unintended consequences.
    Will every han have a chewy? And will none of them still not pilot the falcon.
    A good dev troll would be young lando as the only pilot of the falcon lol
    Young Lando with L3-37. She was his co-pilot.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Lando is all but confirmed, on YouTube when it advertises galaxy of heroes it comes up at the end with a picture of Han and lando together
  • Options
    storeytale wrote: »
    Lando is all but confirmed, on YouTube when it advertises galaxy of heroes it comes up at the end with a picture of Han and lando together

Awesome!
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    Title.
    When R1 came out we got a whopping
    12 toons.
    9 - R1
    3-Empire
    TLJ- 6 toons
    3- res
    3- fo
    Solo
    3- Hans
    3- Chewys
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • crzydroid
    7378 posts Moderator
    Options
    Didn't we get 3 empire toons? Shoretrooper, deathtrooper and krennic?

Four--TIE Fighter Pilot is technically an R1 toon. Was released in October after Pathfinder and before Bistan as part of the promotion of the movie.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Didn't we get 3 empire toons? Shoretrooper, deathtrooper and krennic?

Four--TIE Fighter Pilot is technically an R1 toon. Was released in October after Pathfinder and before Bistan as part of the promotion of the movie.

Ah i didn’t know that. Didn’t think TFP fell inTo the r1 releases. That’s great- what a great movie that bolstered the empire faction.
  • Options
    How about an actual rebel chewy that works with raid han.