New chat system [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    I don’t like it either but if donations are gonna stay in chat, at LEAST make it so that they disappear from chat once you’ve donated the maximum amount of gear to each request - then at least there’s an incentive to donate more??
  • Options
    Donations in chat are like the salvation army of the game. We know they exist, just don't like seeing them walking into walmart.
  • Gibrise
    38 posts Member
    Options
    New chat has potential but my first impressions are I can’t say it’s easy to use so I am also disappointed. I thought you could create a chat room and invite people i.e such as those people in your arena shard, however it just adds a direct message to the individual unless you use a predefined group name aimed at the guild your in. such a shame so the only benefit I can see is that you can now reach out to people without Discord and Line is the only advantage.... Let’s hope this is just phase 1, with more enhancements to come, or perhaps we need to wait for everyone to have updated the client for all chat options to become available and working...
  • Chessex
    19 posts Member
    Options
    I would like the option to choose, what i am gonna see in the chat.... Levelup, Gearup, char starup, gild join... and so on... as leader i am overwhelmed from the useless info... i just can see everything or nothing
  • Options
    + for getting rid of the dontations in the chat, make a setting to remove them pls.

Also, there is no notification when another channel has new messages, or did i miss something? A simple number on the Chaticon (in red or yellow) would be enough.

As for the rest of the Chat QoL, its neat, till now... Still waiting that the whole thing explodes.

/salute
  • Options
    At risk of sounding like a broken record....

Donations in chat... this new feature seriously sucks. I know you guys were all excited about it. But I don’t like it at all. Doesn’t help me and definitely doesn’t make me happy.

Chat groups... in what world is letting anyone in the group invite sound like a good idea? Human nature is to abuse authority that’s why we usually have guild leaders and officers do the controlling. Even being able to kick people from a chat group (really good feature that you forgot right there) won’t fix anyone being able to invite. Basically without even the slightest control over these groups they are completely pointless. You guys should know how many threads you delete and how many users you warn/ban on these forums. What makes you think in game chat won’t have half as many trolls as your mods deal with here?
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Options
    I don't understand the fuss. Just make another chat for the guild to talk in. Simple.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Kyleslater
    438 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I don't understand the fuss. Just make another chat for the guild to talk in. Simple.

Then guild announcements aren’t there... which is really the only reason to keep guild chat currently cause everyone talks in discord or line or something other then guild chat.

Used to be able to easily see if someon chatted. Now the most obvious thing is donations in chat which is not a featur we asked for or wanted. They worked fine where they were before.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Zerfius
    56 posts Member
    Options
    Sounds like a lot of complaining for something that is a drastic improvement over what the previous set up was. There is one chat for general communication/updates. If you want to have a clean chat channel, then create one. If you use a secondary platform anyway, then what does it matter what goes into the general chat channel?? For the love of god people, just enjoy the game and make use of the features that are given. Or don't and continue using what you use.
  • Options
    I’m not sure if this is just me and a bug or if this is a wider issue.

From before the update I’ve not been able to add allies from the arena or fleet, and now we have the update I cannot message or invite anyone.
    Few points, I have 44/50 allies and no pending requests, I’ve also tried every top 50 player in my arena and fleet shards. And one guy that I know personally that has shown me he has free ally spots.

pZP4NSK.jpg
    VE2MFn5.png

Is this a known problem or just me?
  • Vengence
    1115 posts Member
    Options
    I have the same issue
  • Options
    Zerfius wrote: »
    **cut** For the love of god people, just enjoy the game and make use of the features that are given. Or don't and continue using what you use.

So in short, just close the forums? :) How can EA/CG make things better, when there is no feedback? I don't see any pitchforks here. Maybe with enough feedback and tinkering, there would be no need for an external chatsystem in the first place.Going by your logic, most of the QoL we got would have never seen the light of day. So, i can't agree with you here.

@Topic: The Icons for the donations seem to vanish and re-appear at random.
  • Options
    Do they have there update installed? The update is not forced yet, so this maybe your problem.
  • Options
    We found a solution, we created a new channel and labeled it "MAIN GUILD CHAT" most of our communication is going on there and it avoids the gear clutter of original page
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Options
    We found a solution, we created a new channel and labeled it "MAIN GUILD CHAT" most of our communication is going on there and it avoids the gear clutter of original page

And in a few weeks/months it will be MAIN GUILD AND ALL EX-GUILDIES EVER AND SOME RANDOM TROLLS THAT GOT INVITED CHAT. Because you can't remove people.
  • thatboyrion
    29 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

YES! This.

But everyone seems to be missing the point. Donations are supposed to show up in the main chat to make it quicker to fulfill requests, instead of having to go through the added step of going to the donation area. If you were to turn it off, that would defeat the whole purpose.

[EDIT] I also can't believe this many people still use the in game chat anyways. At least enough to complain about this.
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Options
    Acrofales wrote: »

And in a few weeks/months it will be MAIN GUILD AND ALL EX-GUILDIES EVER AND SOME RANDOM TROLLS THAT GOT INVITED CHAT. Because you can't remove people.

When you create the chat, you have three options, Guild, Everyone, Officer. If you set it up as Everyone then what you posted happens. Don't do that. If you leave a Guild you are not in any of the Guild chats anymore. Of you aren't an officer anymore, you don't see the officer chats.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Add my vote for an option to turn off donation requests in chat. We already have a place to do that. Putting in chat is ugly, redundant and takes up space. Whoever thought this was a good idea (and didn't suggest a way to turn it off) needs a stern talking to.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    My guild had the same complaints last night, way too cluttered with gear donations showing up. Seemed like they found a way to make the chat worse was our consensus. Seemed way too buggy at times too.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    My guild had the same complaints last night, way too cluttered with gear donations showing up. Seemed like they found a way to make the chat worse was our consensus. Seemed way too buggy at times too.

This is an example of why I fear the upcoming "fix" to ships.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Options
    A good third option would be to make donation requests a text announcement with a link to the exchange
  • Options
    I find that with the donation requests in the chat also completely superfluous.
    This makes the chat channel very confusing.
    For the donations, there is the stock market .. which is still there - which makes the display in the chat redundant and superfluous. Unless, sooner or later, the stock market should be closed here to make room for something else .. ??
  • Options
    I would really like a way to place a live link to our discord instead of using the game chat at all.
  • Options
    Please turn off or remove the donations from the chat. Thx
  • Options
    First off, I like most of the improvements to chat, particularly the option to PM someone. That should make my job as an officer much easier.

We've already done the workaround of creating a different main guild chat. Bummer that the implementation of the in-chat donations is so clunky. It seems the goal is to make donations accessible from anywhere in the game instead of having to go to a specific location. When it was originally announced, I envisioned a separate chat tab, or an in-chat window you could expand and collapse showing the Exchange view. I do like the idea of them being somewhere in the chat because you can pull that up anywhere, but they need to not spam the chat like they currently are. Also, as the feature currently works, if someone requests a piece of gear a couple of hours before I log into the game, I'm probably not going to see that request without going to the Exchange.
  • Options
    Please have one person at your company who actually plays this game, he'd have told you in the first ten seconds that this was a bad idea.
  • Options
    Can we take the chat out as well? It is really slowing down the load time. Honestly, IRC would be better.
  • Iwells911
    364 posts Member
    Options
    Can we PLEASE have little notification numbers when people type messages on chats that have started? Right now you can’t tell if anyone has sent you a message or not, only by the appearance at first of the chat name
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    Options

YES! This.

But everyone seems to be missing the point. Donations are supposed to show up in the main chat to make it quicker to fulfill requests, instead of having to go through the added step of going to the donation area. If you were to turn it off, that would defeat the whole purpose.

[EDIT] I also can't believe this many people still use the in game chat anyways. At least enough to complain about this.

Do you realize if you make another channel for this purpose, no one will look at the guild chat, because they know there's nothing interesting going on? That basically makes the whole system pointless.
    By the way, the in-game chat history is really short, so donation requests can easily get out of view.
  • dsteve
    91 posts Member
    Options
    My solution to the annoying donations in chat issue is to not ever look at chat anymore. So, uh, thanks?
This discussion has been closed.