Can we talk about Enfys Nest?

Replies

• Options
    Drazhar wrote: »
    That's the routine.
    Release an OP character->lock it behind paywall->profit->nerf->make the now totally average toon farmable->deal with those three or four dudes threatening you for a refund->profit anyway. I mean, Sion is still an absolute beast, but they had to basically refund every single crybaby shopper which paid for him, so no need to nerf him further.

Is it possible to get a refund for 300+$ Because the character was nerfed?
  • Options
    Pay2Win
  • Options
    Man, y’all will whine about anything. Put in a fun new toon, with a cool mechanic that challenges how you play, and you all turn into the old woman from Princess Bride. BOOBOOBOOOOOO
    Ooba hutar.
  • Obi_six_Kenobi
    370 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I like the toon, I think she just requires different strategy? Which is fun, i like it when they shake things up.

The trick with her is to just use one attack on her until her next turn, preferably these would be bigger attacks, Han’s special comes to mind. It’s actually easier to take her out while she has allies because it allows you to just hit her once per turn (her turns). The high counter Chance and eventual high health steal aren’t that big a deal, just look at dooku under Nihilus, stun, shock, heal immunity, all work fine for that aspect of her kit.

She is basically a toon that you can’t focus fire down and are forced to whittle down.
  • Options
    Why isn’t anyone concerned with the fact that she totally breaks P4 of the Sith Raid?! She even survives enrage! SMH!
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Flugsvamp wrote: »
    Pay2Win

thats funny, did you get her for free, i know i did. :wink:
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Why isn’t anyone concerned with the fact that she totally breaks P4 of the Sith Raid?! She even survives enrage! SMH!

yeah, we will see how that plays out.
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    She may be best in a JTR team,smoke all attacks to her...only downfall here is she'll probably get ability blocked so her AOE is out but omega her basic adds expose..interesting...probably even better than holdo bc of thrawn.
  • Boba_The_Fetter
    3393 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Uproar either way. If they don't change her she's totally OP and unbalanced. If they nerf her whales will be furious for spending on her just to get nerfed way worse. Which is totally fair for the whales to be mad.

Wonder which way it will go
  • 212Attack
    277 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Flugsvamp wrote: »
    Pay2Win

thats funny, did you get her for free, i know i did. :wink:

kyno i know why i blocked you its cause of this crap. yes u got her for free but she is no way viable without PAYING you noob. like i said before stop defending stupidity
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Fight her like masked kylo ren.
    Let her takes a turn then you're good.
  • Tabub
    50 posts Member
    Options
    Another counter to her, attacking through protection, visas mar can do it, so can talzin, if you let her get no turns and have one of those toons she will die. If they add a DS toon from the movie they should also have this mechanic.
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    Options
    As far as I can tell the real problem with this character is that nothing stops the protection gain, not fracture, not buff immunity, not healing immunity. And I'm assuming isolate has no effect either.

So yeah the character is stupid broken.
  • Options
    Feels like they are grasping at straws here. Release a super op toon right after ships 2.0. I am guessing ships didn't preform up to expectations.
  • Options
    6The6Bull6 wrote: »
    Feels like they are grasping at straws here. Release a super op toon right after ships 2.0. I am guessing ships didn't preform up to expectations.

The problem with ships is that they never fixed ships 1.0 before releasing a much more unbalanced ships 2.0. A massive % of the community can’t stand ships as it was, and they go and release something that is worse. They should have combined Arena with ships, that gives you a choice of which method to attack the player with.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Uproar either way. If they don't change her she's totally OP and unbalanced. If they nerf her whales will be furious for spending on her just to get nerfed way worse. Which is totally fair for the whales to be mad.

Except she's not OP. There's a lot of answers to her. The screenshots and videos are basically people taking the worst possible team against her and then saying that proves she's overpowered. It's like trying to prove Rock is overpowered by constantly putting Scissors up against it.
    Tabub wrote: »
    Another counter to her, attacking through protection, visas mar can do it, so can talzin, if you let her get no turns and have one of those toons she will die. If they add a DS toon from the movie they should also have this mechanic.
    Sith Assassin and Sith Trooper, too.
    Sparrow wrote: »
    As far as I can tell the real problem with this character is that nothing stops the protection gain, not fracture, not buff immunity, not healing immunity. And I'm assuming isolate has no effect either.

So yeah the character is **** broken.
    Lots of characters beat her. Moreover, she's not doing any actual damage while that extra protection is on her because she's not taking turns. Once she takes a turn, she drops.
    6The6Bull6 wrote: »
    Not super OP.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Ultra
    11509 posts Moderator
    Options
    I think Nest can be countered easily if you hit her very hard (almost every team has one of those) or attacks that ignore protection. My only dislike is that there is debuff that prevents her protection up which is pretty weird
  • Options
    So Nest will be everywhere soon. This is a G11 with no Omega’s and 4*. I went against another Traya squad to show she is viable at 4*. She was **** near unkillable. RNG was really against me, but still was able to pull a W. https://youtu.be/n9G4LfLB6kM
  • newbornFL
    483 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    shes going to be a pain in TW when she gets free

Kinda like UKR zeta is
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    Man, y’all will whine about anything. Put in a fun new toon, with a cool mechanic that challenges how you play, and you all turn into the old woman from Princess Bride. BOOBOOBOOOOOO

This.

She's an interesting and exciting new character. Get involved or don't get involved. This game would get very dull and stagnant if nothing ever changed.

Sure- she's a challenge. But again - the game needs new challenges. Now we've got one...if we choose to take it up.

• SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    I think Nest can be countered easily if you hit her very hard...

Uhh, no.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hard and infrequent. Presumably. Not easy. But that's the challenge.

And we never know how every other character will interact with her. Nobody knows that yet.

Heck, Ugnaught might finally have his moment ;)
  • Options

Uhh, no.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Platzman
    284 posts Member
    Options
    Hard and infrequent. Presumably. Not easy. But that's the challenge.

And we never know how every other character will interact with her. Nobody knows that yet.

Well, EACG should know. Its called "testing". And should remove interactions like that with Trayas Bonds of Weakness, which they adressed for many toons in many subsequent hotfixes..
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options

This.

She's an interesting and exciting new character. Get involved or don't get involved. This game would get very dull and stagnant if nothing ever changed.

Sure- she's a challenge. But again - the game needs new challenges. Now we've got one...if we choose to take it up.

Why is a mod against people having opinions other than "everything is awesome and you are not allowed to dislike something" :p lol

Most dislikes actually have reasons, or is even giving examples and facts now considered "whining" xD

Anyway, the only real complaint I see is the fact that using her beats the AI. The AI currently does not know how to deal with her, even proven above in the vid with Tarkin fracturing her, which only helps her live through everything. On attacks she's a "I win" button against everything. At least on defence you as a player can beat her.
  • Options
    Gorem wrote: »

This.

Why is a mod against people having opinions other than "everything is awesome and you are not allowed to dislike something" :p lol

Most dislikes actually have reasons, or is even giving examples and facts now considered "whining" xD

Anyway, the only real complaint I see is the fact that using her beats the AI. The AI currently does not know how to deal with her, even proven above in the vid with Tarkin fracturing her, which only helps her live through everything. On attacks she's a "I win" button against everything. At least on defence you as a player can beat her.

I'm not "against" anyone having opinions of any sort. But this is a discussion board - people express their opinons and others react to them. That's kind of how it works ;)

And you seem incredibly sure about a character that was released just over 24 hours ago lol.

• Platzman
    284 posts Member
    Options
    Exactly. And considering she is quite universal "I WIN" button against AI even as 3* / 4* toon, I think we can safely call her "BAD DESIGN".
    Which I do not often, but I do now.

She should get tag "AI SCRAMBLER" instead of attacker... (NS Zombie may get that too)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Platzman wrote: »
    Exactly. And considering she is quite universal "I WIN" button against AI even as 3* / 4* toon, I think we can safely call her "BAD DESIGN".

She should get tag "AI SCRAMBLER" instead of attacker... (NS Zombie may get that too)

Is she an "i win" button though? I haven't faced any yet, that's why i'm asking.
    By the looks of it the AI just can't kill her, but on offense a draw doesn't do you any good. On defence it's not that big of a problem because the other team is human controlled. I also assume that squads controlled by the AI that don't have any form of TMR will easily beat nest in a 5v1.
    I like the comparrison to NS zombi though, i'm just unsure the cheese will result in a win on offence the same way NS zombi does.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options

My bet: After the whales maxed her out, they will add another, new, even more op character to counter her.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    Platzman wrote: »

Is she an "i win" button though? I haven't faced any yet, that's why i'm asking.
    By the looks of it the AI just can't kill her, but on offense a draw doesn't do you any good. On defence it's not that big of a problem because the other team is human controlled. I also assume that squads controlled by the AI that don't have any form of TMR will easily beat nest in a 5v1.
    I like the comparrison to NS zombi though, i'm just unsure the cheese will result in a win on offence the same way NS zombi does.
    Faster DN wins :lol:
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.