Really want to Whale in Enfys Nest but am scared of Nerf bat :(

Prev1
SlyBeats
78 posts Member
I really want to spend a few hundreds to max out Enfys best but I’m scared that she may get nerfed. If her character is not getting touched then I will definitely do it, otherwise I’m hesitant to spend on a potential nerf.

Does anyone know for sure if she won’t get touched?
seriously devs? GW refresh change was a low blow for more $$$

Replies

• Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    Are you going to nerf her kit already?!?!?!
    We have no plans to modify her balance at this time. We expect her to be a great character to slot into a wide variety of teams and that she will be a strong answer to teams that prevent characters from taking turns. As with all characters, we will be monitoring Nest’s balance and re-evaluate if her performance is out of line.

From Enfys nest kit reveal post.
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • SlyBeats
    78 posts Member
    Options
    I think I’ll wait then. Keyword is “Monitoring” and “re-evaluating if her performance is out of line”.
    That’s what scares me from buying her :(
    All it takes is a few to complain then that’s my $$$ down the drain
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Options
    People said she is bugged in phase 4 against Kreia.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Hskull55 wrote: »
    We have no plans to modify her balance at this time. We expect her to be a great character to slot into a wide variety of teams and that she will be a strong answer to teams that prevent characters from taking turns. As with all characters, we will be monitoring Nest’s balance and re-evaluate if her performance is out of line.

From Enfys nest kit reveal post.

That last sentence... pretty much means they don't test their own characters or have a QA department
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    keep spending, it helps the ftp players, even if they are dumb and don't think so
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • SlyBeats
    78 posts Member
    Options
    She’s a beastly that seems to good to be true. That’s why I’m hesitant. I have enough to buy 4 vaults at this time but don’t want to get ripped off
  • Options
    Don't worry. She's not as good as people are hyping her to be. Not metaish, only a great tw character at her best. And yeah, a counter to the best character.
    She won't be nerfed. ;)
    She'll mostly be fixed in sith raid though, but that shouldn't affect her kit much.
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    If you are scared of the nerf bat, you are not a real whale ;)
    OP items are often released in this game that eventually get nerfed as soon as they are released for general use. You whale for the temporary advantage. By the time Nest gets nerfed, there will be something new to whale on.
    So whale it up while the whaling is good.
  • SlyBeats
    78 posts Member
    Options
    I’m a smart whale that doesn’t like being taken advantaged of. I’m different from the general population lol fine I’ll do it
  • Options
    SlyBeats wrote: »
    Does anyone know for sure if she won’t get touched?

Nobody knows if she will or if she won't.

But I doubt she will.

Be aware tho - when the hysteria dies down, and it already has to some extent, I think there will be the realisation that she's nowhere near as OP as some seem to believe.

• TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Don't worry. She's not as good as people are hyping her to be. Not metaish, only a great tw character at her best. And yeah, a counter to the best character.

How would a character who is a counter to the best character be good for nothing but TW?

Truth is no one knows how useful she'll be yet, it's too early.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    habe her on 7* g12 with zeta, in the arena she is not so great, because she is mostly stunned and also killed...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks, here are some answers:

Why doesn't Buff Immunity or Healing Immunity prevent Nest's ability to regain protection?
    • Nest gains bonus Max Protection which cannot be prevented. This bonus Protection is not a buff (positive status effect) and therefore not prevented by Buff Immunity.
      Healing Immunity also doesn't prevent Nest gaining Protection due to her unique ability "adding" new Protection and not "healing" existing missing protection. This is also therefore not considered healing a character.

How can she take on 5 characters by herself and not die?
    • Nest’s unique kit requires you to not just attack her repeatedly but be mindful of when you decide to take her out. You need to do a couple high damage attacks and then leave her alone until she attacks and sets all her protection back to zero.
      The AI on defense is not great at understanding how to stop her from gaining tons of protection but a smart player will be able to counter her abilities and remember that she gains increasing amounts of protection each time you hit her until the end of her turn.

How Nest is even beatable?!?!? She's super OP!!!
    • If you aren't trying to focus on attacking her you can keeping her from taking a turn with stuns or stop her counter attacking with daze abilities. If you are trying to finish her off, Fracture or Turn Meter removal can be detrimental in this pursuit! This will give her more chances to get those unique stacks of protection and become very hard to defeat until she takes a turn.
      In short, you don't want to hit her with a large number of attacks before she has a chance to attack back. High damage, single shot attacks are her worst nightmare.
      Nest’s unique mechanics mean that many standard strategies won’t work when she’s on the team so we expect there be a bit of learning curve before folks start really figuring out how to defeat her efficiently.

• We have no plans to modify her balance at this time. We expect her to be a great character to slot into a wide variety of teams and that she will be a strong answer to teams that prevent characters from taking turns. As with all characters, we will be monitoring Nest’s balance and re-evaluate if her performance is out of line.

• Princerhaegar04
    26 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I think the term whale in games is funny. In Vegas real Whales spend big money and if they win they win "real money", here they call it whales yet you don't get anything close to real money. Just a toon. On your phone. All in the eye of the beholder. Savvy
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    Options
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    SeanutB wrote: »
    Never whale.

I've said this repeatedly but it bears repeating. The whales make it possible for f2p to actually play the game as f2p.

Thank you whales.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Never whale.

I've said this repeatedly but it bears repeating. The whales make it possible for f2p to actually play the game as f2p.

Thank you whales.

Agreed. If whales never whale, there's no game. Save the whales!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    whale as in buying the 5-lol packs? no. Whale otherwise? please do, keeps it free for the rest of us
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Never whale.

Thank you whales.

This is not true. They could lower the prices greatly so more ppl would buy stuff. They wouldn't lose money since more ppl would buy. If we didn't have whales then they would be forced to lower prices to still make their money. Without whales we have a more balanced game that's more enjoyable for the greater population and EA would still make their money so everybody wins
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    She's eminently beatable in arena, so I wouldn't worry about that getting changed.

She'll probably be changed up a little for p3/p4 for Sith Raid to be in line with Stormtrooper Han, but if that's not a dealbreaker, then go for it.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Uklem
    46 posts Member
    Options
    Never whale.

Thank you whales.

If there were no Whales, they would simply use an economic system which will work.
    There were games before the Whales model. Stop spreading the idea that Overpriced transaction are the only way for game to exist.

DLC was a viable way to make a game
    Asking for a monthly fee was a viable way to make a game
    Selling an add-on every six month was a viable way to make a game
    Publishing a shareware with the option to buy a software was a viable way to make game

This evolution is just a way to maximize profits. Seeing anything other than an optimisation of the gaming industry economic model is just an illusion so you don't feel guilty be it for spending money or for playing without paying.

I am not saying that CG are monster for wanting to get more money, but I am tired of reading about the poor developer/editor who need to raise price and the merciful Whales which allow us to play without spending. When micro transaction were really micro we were far more to spend money and games lived but it was harder to get the "gambler" involved. This the only reason behind the whole Whale model.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    I'm having trouble understanding how you could play for free without whales balancing it out.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I'm having trouble understanding how you could play for free without whales balancing it out.

people are lol
  • Options

I see everyone saying that they would gladly pay 15 bucks for the 21 days of crystals. Well if we estimate that there are 500,000 players playing on a regular basis and they all pay $10 bucks a month, well that's enough to fund a pretty amazing game.

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Uklem wrote: »
    If there were no Whales, they would simply use an economic system which will work.
    There were games before the Whales model. Stop spreading the idea that Overpriced transaction are the only way for game to exist.
    There were games before this model existed, but they weren't anywhere near as profitable. Clash of Clans was making a million dollars a day at one point, and that model is far crummier than this.

The reason this model is used is because it works and it works better than subscriptions or whatever else you suggest. Capitalism weeds out the ones that don't work as well. Welcome to Capitalism--it exists to exploit you!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    @Uklem : you were literally given this character for free. And she's going to be in shipments in about a month. And a little over a month after that, she'll be farmable.

Literally every character is either free, or will be free in the next few months.

Chill.

This game is quite fair to free to play. Exceptionally so for mobile games.

Also, a lot of the changes in monetizing games are because the old models don't work anymore. How many subscription model MMOs are still going strong these days? And we've had a pretty much fixed price point on full-scale games regardless of inflation for decades, even though the costs of game development have risen dramatically even after accounting for inflation.

A lot of those monetization strategies you list either don't work for a good many studios anymore or don't work for this platform. It's not about wringing folks dry. For a lot of studios, these alternate monetization strategies are about staying afloat in the first place.

Many MMOs went to the free-to-play with microtransactions models for the same reason this game uses a similar model. The game needs a large number of players to sustain competition and community to keep the playerbase engaged and participating, but also needs to make money. If you have a flat subscription model, you lose a lot of players immediately as they're just not going to drop the cash on a mobile game if told they must pay in order to play, and then you're stuck with whatever value you set the subscription at fighting itself between playerbase and income.

An all payments voluntary model lets you have both. And quite frankly, you can do just fine in this game without dropping a dime. Any money you do pay is because you chose the convenience, not because you need to in order to win the game.
    Still not a he.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I bought Barriss once as soon as she was released. They nerfed her in a week. Got 500 crystals for that...
    They also nerfed GMYoda soon after it was released too.
    I also invested in vets to get mediocre Rey. At least she is good in the worst part of they game - STR. (Was even better until they nerfed expose).
    So yeah, there is a possibility Nest will be nerfed. You can never say with untested game...
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Options
    Never whale.

Thank you whales.

Agreed. Keep the whales running the game and giving me tremendeous joy by being able to hunt whales, even if I never spent a cent...
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Whale away she’s not going to be nerfed you can easily beat her . Here’s a example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2E99g9-1KA
  • Options
    Roopehun wrote: »
    Never whale.

Thank you whales.

Agreed. Keep the whales running the game and giving me tremendeous joy by being able to hunt whales, even if I never spent a cent...

You dont need people spending 100K USD to keep this game going. Fortnite works with people spending $10
This discussion has been closed.