Ship Challenges large increase in dificulty

Replies

• Options
    Wait, you're telling me that CG may have put out an update without thinking it through and relying on us to be beta testers? They would never do that!
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    RebelLion wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Recommended levels and gear and whatnot have always been way off. Just ignore it.

You can't ignore it when you're a lower level player. If you're level 60, new to ships, you can't get your daily activity bonuses until you can get through the tier one challenges.

I didn't say ignore the activity or event or challenge, I said ignore the recommendations, they're usually not enough and therefore worthless. Keep working on your team and make them better than the recommendations.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • commander_unknown01
    152 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Are you suggesting they released the ship update without thoroughly vetting the resulting impacts to all areas of the game impacted by fleet gameplay? Does that really sound like something a group of highly skilled professionals would do?

Yes.
    Glad u understood!
    U talking about the same group of people who didnt even know about the infinite turn meter loop of st han for p.3 of STR? Or those who learnt of expose on nihilus from a bunch of players who are supposed to know less about the game than these "developers".
    Now its not completely the developers fault. But it can be laid on the company as a whole. Since there are those who test it (employees not gamechangers).
    If u need further proof, look at the revenue from the game from 2016 and revenue now. Stupidity knows no bounds.
    P.S. if that was sarcasm, i deeply apologize for the para above.
  • Options
    Now i would like to post related to the topic.
    I have 2 accounts. Both f2p.
    Having the 1st for nearly 8 months now. Lvl85 got good ships finish in 30s etc.
    2nd account is lvl78 now. Finish top 3 in fleet and top 50-60 in arena.
    This ship 2.0 **** things up in simple terms.
    Yes, change is good. But a change where all ships are the same even after "reinforcements" thing. I mean, i face only tfp/fotfp, x1 and biggs on my 1st account (only cap ship changes), and phantom, ghost, biggs on my 2nd account.
    No one can complete the challenges easily now. So resources are slowed down.
    I cant honestly imagine the nightmare that those just started fleet are going thru.
    I think atleast 50% would have abandoned the game by now.
    If they dont nerf this, i can imagine that this will be end of new blood to this game.
    Who the hell would wait for months to start actually farming.
    This game is already a game of long farming (not helped by the probability/RNG and **** drops on some most wanted gear).
    They successfully **** some veterans off eith their nerfing of sith raid, now they **** off new blood and those that restart.
    It looks like they want us to play the other upcoming star wars game and abandon this instead.
    (I know well about product life cycle, and this game is very well going down and will crash soon if they dont listen. Of course they have to split the genuine ones from whiners, but that is also their job, since its their own creation)
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    So your opinion is to get 7 star ships to do lower tier challenges? This mode is obviously not tested with lower levels and I guess if I was CG I would max everything for free too and not care about lower levels.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Are you suggesting they released the ship update without thoroughly vetting the resulting impacts to all areas of the game impacted by fleet gameplay? Does that really sound like something a group of highly skilled professionals would do?

They even forgot to change the number of ships required for tier 4 from 6 ships to 5 ships so you know very little if any review was done on lower tiers of actual game play.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Gorem wrote: »
    @DarkHelmet1138 You sure have a lot to say on a subject you know nothing about and a subject that its already been proven earlier in the thread that you have no relevance with. Are you a new player? no, do you know anything about the ship challenge problems? no. Do you already have a completed team which this thread is not about? Yes.

You are spamming off-topic related things and derailing this thread, can we please keep relevant information here, I was hoping to hear from other newer players about their difficulties in how much harder the "beginning" challenges are. As this is a ship thread buried in the challenges area, its already hard enough to get people here as most are all being merged into the giant thread in general discussions.

Unless this is your way of helping and bumping, then go ahead xD

I gave a few suggestions on which ships you may want to focus on to get a faster start. Jedi counsoler isn't one of them. Cg can't make everything super easy early on or this game would be called galaxy of sims. You can't blame players like myself for being skeptical of the game needs nerfed posts. There's a new one every week or so. You are correct that I cannot test this one since I have no lvl 60 ships but I can still provide input from what I know. And 90 plus percent of the game needs nerfed posts are people whinning because they aren't good at an aspect of the game. Have you thought that the strategy of 3x3 is a bit different and you just haven't figured it out yet? No, that couldn't be. If the game is hard it must need nerfed.

It’s way out of balance at low levels but you will never know if you could experience it yourself you would understand your 4 or 5 star ships at 75 will never beat the ai with their pilots set at 85 g12
  • Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    @DarkHelmet1138 You sure have a lot to say on a subject you know nothing about and a subject that its already been proven earlier in the thread that you have no relevance with. Are you a new player? no, do you know anything about the ship challenge problems? no. Do you already have a completed team which this thread is not about? Yes.

You are spamming off-topic related things and derailing this thread, can we please keep relevant information here, I was hoping to hear from other newer players about their difficulties in how much harder the "beginning" challenges are. As this is a ship thread buried in the challenges area, its already hard enough to get people here as most are all being merged into the giant thread in general discussions.

Unless this is your way of helping and bumping, then go ahead xD

I gave a few suggestions on which ships you may want to focus on to get a faster start. Jedi counsoler isn't one of them. Cg can't make everything super easy early on or this game would be called galaxy of sims. You can't blame players like myself for being skeptical of the game needs nerfed posts. There's a new one every week or so. You are correct that I cannot test this one since I have no lvl 60 ships but I can still provide input from what I know. And 90 plus percent of the game needs nerfed posts are people whinning because they aren't good at an aspect of the game. Have you thought that the strategy of 3x3 is a bit different and you just haven't figured it out yet? No, that couldn't be. If the game is hard it must need nerfed.

It’s way out of balance at low levels but you will never know if you could experience it yourself you would understand your 4 or 5 star ships at 75 will never beat the ai with their pilots set at 85 g12

You can't blame me for being skeptical. Posts asking them to nerf something are a dime a dozen on the forums and most are just whinners. Am I going to create an alt account to test this myself? No, I probably spend too much time on this game already. What I haven't seen is any proof that the comlaints aren't just whinning. No screenshots or video. I have also seen little outside the forums about this. It has also been a few weeks now. CG likely can tell if the problem really affects all lvl 60 players or not because believe it or not, they collect massive amounts of data from the game. Now if it isn't working as intended and as bad as this post suggests, they probably would have made a statement saying they were fixing it. But maybe not. Lastly, if it were impossible there would likely be more than a handful of people whinning since there are millions of players. So to me this is likely nothing more than people whinning that the game is too hard.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Wowza, this thread still going? I mean its obvious that the challenges are harder then before, its common sense, you don't just get people suddenly complaining about being un-able to complete the very first challenges (that were extremely easy before considering you had only the starting ships) unless something has changed to make it harder then it should be.

I dare people to go start a new alt and get to ships and experience it for yourself, its horrible. New players are skrewed. :(

• Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    IE: You should NOT need seven star pilots and ships, High geared pilots ect. to beat low tier challenges. Even the example I gave before -

A seven star Consular in a six star ship with G9 was slower then a consular ship in a challenge designed for four stars at lvl 70. That is just wrong.
  • Options
    Wowza, this thread still going? I mean its obvious that the challenges are harder then before, its common sense, you don't just get people suddenly complaining about being un-able to complete the very first challenges (that were extremely easy before considering you had only the starting ships) unless something has changed to make it harder then it should be.

I dare people to go start a new alt and get to ships and experience it for yourself, its horrible. New players are skrewed. :(

Have you read the forums? There is always someone complaining about something. For example there was a post a few weeks ago complaining that the lasy tier of the rebel basic training needed nerfed. Considering everyone had the exact same characters and the difficulty was only moderate (I beat it in 2 tries) it is a clear example that anytime anything is the least bit difficult there are those that call for a nerf. I don't doubt that the nature of it changed and new strategies may be needed. I doubt that it is impossible as some say. Just like tge basic training events weren't as impossible as the complaints would indicate.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options

Have you read the forums? There is always someone complaining about something. For example there was a post a few weeks ago complaining that the lasy tier of the rebel basic training needed nerfed. Considering everyone had the exact same characters and the difficulty was only moderate (I beat it in 2 tries) it is a clear example that anytime anything is the least bit difficult there are those that call for a nerf. I don't doubt that the nature of it changed and new strategies may be needed. I doubt that it is impossible as some say. Just like tge basic training events weren't as impossible as the complaints would indicate.

Ive read the forums and you are still defending a game aspect you have zero experience with please stop bumping everyones post this section is for feed back not for you to complain about people giving feedback
  • Options

Ive read the forums and you are still defending a game aspect you have zero experience with please stop bumping everyones post this section is for feed back not for you to complain about people giving feedback

Then if it's really a bug, provide some evidence and maybe more experienced players can help you figure out a strategy that works or look at the evidence and agree. But I have seen no evidence just whinning. I initially looked at this post to try and help. Unfortunately, after you comment once you forever get notifications when it is added so I can't look at other threads I follow without seeing the whinning. So provide some evidence, quit whinning that the game is too hard, or just quit already if it really is that bad.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options

Then if it's really a bug, provide some evidence and maybe more experienced players can help you figure out a strategy that works or look at the evidence and agree. But I have seen no evidence just whinning. I initially looked at this post to try and help. Unfortunately, after you comment once you forever get notifications when it is added so I can't look at other threads I follow without seeing the whinning. So provide some evidence, quit whinning that the game is too hard, or just quit already if it really is that bad.[/quote troll on bro good luck to ya
  • Options
    Hi. I just wanted to say thanks to all of you that listed your problems with the new Ship setup. Since the upgrade, I am having the same problems most of you are writing about. I am at L78 and like y'all, what I could 1 and 2 star i cannot compete in now. The AI takes out my lead ship with a combined salvo and then they get four and five ships blasting me to smithereens. It's frustrating and I've just tried to put on a happy face but I keep getting beaten down on events I could at least place in before. Today I had enough and went looking to see if it's just me and I'm glad I did because of all of you. So now it may not be better but at least I'm not imagining things. I especially "like" how these accomplished players have to put their two cents in, demanding evidence and such; it's like guilty until proven innocent. I'm an F2P so I can see how it's getting harder to maintain my standing and your folks lack of empathy does nothing to alleviate that. I'm thinking you folks are what we call shills.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah Josh, its a known issue and will hopefuly be resolved over time, so far we have gotten them to admit that the first tier was too hard, (Finally) and hopefuly soon the rest will also be adjusted for the increased difficulty curve. Will make the game much easier for f2p... well that is, make it the same as it was before when it was easier :D
  • Options
    Just gonna give my two cents about the ship challenges.
    First and foremost I am level 78 and I run X-1, TFP and Biggs, with Scimitar and Ahsoka on the bench. All my ships are four stars, at least level 73 and abilities at lvl 4. The toons are all at least G8, Vader G10 and all are at least level 70, most at level 73-76.
    Now I finished the first tier of the challenges months ago, I suppose that was before the reworks, finished the first tier with ease but didn't care too much about ships back then and just did the minimal stuff to complete my daily activities.
    I started to get more into ships about a month ago and I can't even complete tier 2 of the exp droid challenge which has a lvl 66+, two star ship minimum recommendation. I can't even one star that ****, I can maybe kill two ships, while they rip my entire team to shreds. I'm not even gonna talk abouta ability material and credit challenges, I lose before even calling my second reinforcement.
    Don't slap a recommendation on it that's just downright ridiculous. I never had any problems completing Cantina, light/dark side, mod battles or the normal challenges with 3 stars at the recommended level, often even below it. With ship challenges I can't even complete it almost 10 levels and 2 stars above recommendation? Hardly seems appropriate...
  • Darkrose_One
    51 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I am level 79, and in the fleet arena I placed in the 11-20 range last week. I cannot complete two fleet challenges (at least). One is a level 72 fleet challenge, and the other is level 75 fleet challenge. These fleet challenges do not seem to be balanced for new players who are at the stated level.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Well yeah, problem is a month + later they mostly ignored everyone, getting them to change the original challenge (which was so hard people could not even complete all their dailies when they unlocked it) was hard enough, took a lot, afterwards after being ignored for so long people mostly gave up. Came to the conclusion that feedback is mostly ignored and skimmed over.

If you both want to try, go ahead, and good luck. Would be great if they would change the difficulty back to what it was, I remember how much I had to level up just to beat the top tier, you need max level ships.

I remember the computer Consular on the like max five star ship challenge, was faster then my G10 seven star consular ship. I mean, its messed up, but anyway, good luck.
  • Options
    Yeah, probably won't have any effect whatsoever. I mean there are more than a dozen threads about the ship challenges being too hard, not just for the lvl 60 players but higher tiers as well. This thread alone has 1.8k views but oh well...
    Every thread is kinda the same too. Sub-lvl85 players state that it's too hard (even veterans who started a new account), maxed out players who haven't even played the lower level tiers after the update say that it's just poor tactics, poor RNG or poor ship choices.
    Fighting windmills I guess.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Pretty much. :)
  • Options
    I was finally able to get 5* Executrix at L78 with a 120k DS fleet. Still working on Endurance and Home One, but I'm close on those. Just a matter of leveling and gearing my reinforcements. I think it's pretty ridiculous that we have to simultaneously almost max out this many shops and pilots to complete daily challenges at anywhere close to the suggested level.
  • Hellsteeth30
    832 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Just tried Tarkin 5* myself.....did not go well.

Mind you I only just unlocked Advanced so that didn't hold up too well at sub 70. Tarkins ultimate didn't really help much either.

Still, it may be a while before I can get through it. My shard seems to agree.

Just a quick note, I hit ships about 2 weeks before ships 0.5 hit and the challenges were easy even with my junk tier ships of the time.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • EA_Cian
    971 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Let's please be respectful of others qualms. You may not see an issue with something but you should still be respectful of those who do. Thanks.
  • Options
    I have been level 85 for several months now, and have been exclusively going for DS ships and pilots for a month (my ship ranking is usually in the vicinity of 45 with half LS and ds ships), and still cannot make progress on the challenge to get 5 star Tarkin.
    The only reason I made it as far as I did, is because I did it during pre 2.0, and if it was still pre 2.0 I would be just fine. The ai ship power is the exact same as it was before, and we got cut down by 40% in starting power and 2 less total ships. Couple that with the ai only focus firing one ship at a time as opposed to the seemingly random shots that were taken before, and you run into impossible challenges where you need maxed out ships and pilots to even have chance at surviving something that is meant for players still levelling up.
  • Options
    Sadly I managed to get my fifth four star ship yesterday. I am level 77 (recommended is 75). So I tried that challenge for the 5 star Executrix. My pilots are gear 7-8, abilities 5-7, 6-7 stars. Tarkin is g8 with 6 stars. The challenge is impossible.

What is really dissapointing is not that the challenge is impossible at the moment. It is that there was no clue to how hard I should expect it to be. There should be a lot more information. Recommended level 75 and five four star dark side ships means nothing. Actually it is misleading. If I had known what is required to beat the challnege I would have focused on getting what is needed or I would not have bothered at all. Right now I have wasted a lot of time getting five dark side ships to 4 stars and working on the fifth light side ships to 4 stars for Home 1. I am sure Home 1 will be impossible as well. So, I am left with two half done jobs. Had I known, I would have focused on doing at least one.

Please add more information to the challenges. Don't let people expect to advance once they hit a certain point only to find out that they are not even half way towards the goal when they get there.
  • Options
    What is especially annoying is that it creates a certain expectation when you plan how to develop your ships. I have cashed (bought virtually ALL $ packs that have come since I started), I have 5* ships, 7* pilots at gear levels between 7 and 9, all at levels way above 70 and cannot pass a single Tier II challenge. This means I have to retry at around level 85 given 7* ships except for the capital ship, hopefully at gear level 11+ to have a vague hope of passing the challenges rather than saying it's totally broken. And yes, I understand how people feel trying 40-50 times a single challenge with various strategies and rosters to end up crushed to dust.

If this was the initial intent, that is fine - just don't unlock the challenge tier II until a player hits level 82 or thereabout, so we do not waste time with *heroic tier* ship challenges.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Welcome to the club, we have cookies and drinks! :D
  • Options
    So I’m level 76 and have my ships to level 70+ but CANNOT beat tier 2 in the ship ability challenge which would give me the much needed blue square ship ability pieces. What am I doing wrong?
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    VegaZombie wrote: »
    So I’m level 76 and have my ships to level 70+ but CANNOT beat tier 2 in the ship ability challenge which would give me the much needed blue square ship ability pieces. What am I doing wrong?

Basically, don't pay attention to the recommended levels, The changes to ships made it harder for everyone, so since you'd be on a newer shard, they'd have the same troubles as you. Just need to get even stronger ships to beat it now. (Which I know is contradictory since you need to beat the challenges to get stronger ships, but welcome to ships 2.0).
This discussion has been closed.