Best JTR team with Scavenger or best in general?

Prev1
xNine
82 posts Member
edited June 2018
So just unlocking JTR this time around, I was wondering what the best arena viable team as of now. I was thinking of this lineup: JTR, Rey, BB8, Wampa, Enfys Nest. It's offense heavy but it's defense probably isn't the best. My hope is that it blasts everyone before they can kill them, especially from counter attacks. I've seen teams like JTR, Rey, BB8, R2, GK. Personally R2 and GK are just kind of weak... But anyways in real testing what did you guys find to be best?

Replies

• Options
    xNine wrote: »
    Personally R2 and GK are just kind of weak...

Noooo, why did i read that! Lol.

Anyway, best for raids is:
    JTR, Rey, Res trooper, R2, BB8

Best for arena is:
    JTR, BB8, R2, thrawn, GK

IMO. Nest isn't as good as thrawn btw.
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    Options
    Personally R2 and GK are just kind of weak...

IMO. Nest isn't as good as thrawn btw.

imo Nest is worlds better than Thrawn. Best lineup is undoubtedly JTR BB8 R2 GK Nest. Only exception is sometimes I sub Thrawn for GK on offense, so I can slow down sion, and make sure he doesn’t get his special buff.
  • Options
    I use RJT/BB-8/R2/Thrawn/Old Ben. GK usually just gets fractured and sits there doing nothing. Old Ben's Mind Tricks and taunt through fracture seem more valuable. I might sub in Enfys at some point, but she's too easy to kill at 3 or 4*. She also might ultimately work better in a Rex led Titans style team.
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    I use RJT/BB-8/R2/Thrawn/Old Ben. GK usually just gets fractured and sits there doing nothing.

GK's mass attack is basically another Annihilate. Even if you have to wait a bit to use it, or don't always get to use it, it's worth it when you do.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • xNine
    82 posts Member
    Options
    Hmmm interesting responses. Well first off I've seen in testing from mobile gamer and ahnaldt101 that subbing nest made a huge difference facing nightmare and synergizes well with the expose.

The reason why I called GK weak is as people said, he usually gets fractured or isolated so his mass assist doesn't usually go off. He's great don't get me wrong. We all love GK, but he can be a brick in this lineups.

I do believe that RJT, BB8, GK, R2, and Enfys is probably one of the best combos. And yeah subbing thrawn for GK probably could help on offense. I'm a massive fan of wampa and I really wanna get him to work with this lineup because of the expose synergy.

I was thinking maybe JTR, R2, BB8, Enfys, Wampa. R2 should smokescreen wampa off the bat which would be devastating.
  • crzydroid
    7315 posts Moderator
    Options
    Hmmm interesting responses. Well first off I've seen in testing from mobile gamer and ahnaldt101 that subbing nest made a huge difference facing nightmare and synergizes well with the expose.

The reason why I called GK weak is as people said, he usually gets fractured or isolated so his mass assist doesn't usually go off. He's great don't get me wrong. We all love GK, but he can be a brick in this lineups.

I do believe that RJT, BB8, GK, R2, and Enfys is probably one of the best combos. And yeah subbing thrawn for GK probably could help on offense. I'm a massive fan of wampa and I really wanna get him to work with this lineup because of the expose synergy.

I was thinking maybe JTR, R2, BB8, Enfys, Wampa. R2 should smokescreen wampa off the bat which would be devastating.

But he's also supposed to be a brick so he takes all the damage away from everyone else.
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    Options

Anyone who gets fractured becomes a brick. Do you want that to be random? Or do you want to control who the brick is?
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    Another way to deal with him being fractured is to either block or burn down Thrawn before he can use fracture.
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    Options
    Ive been secretly working on holdo and Rose to see if theyre viable,nest gives expose on basic,shes gonna be a good 5th in a Finn lead raid lineup.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    So I am a cheap player that likes to spread zetas and not stack them all one one team. Which is required for JTR?
    Her lead? And between Number Crunch and RWTP which is better for her team?

Also, for TW purposes where you have to use everyone which 2 resistance based team?

Im thinking:

JTR R2 BB8 SRey Nest for attack

Finn Poe RT RP Holdo for defense

Dont have Rose yet. I just got 5* GK and dont have a team for him yet if he will fit.
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Options
    R2 is essential for RJT
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    So I am a cheap player that likes to spread zetas and not stack them all one one team. Which is required for JTR?
    Her lead? And between Number Crunch and RWTP which is better for her team?

Also, for TW purposes where you have to use everyone which 2 resistance based team?

Im thinking:

JTR R2 BB8 SRey Nest for attack

Finn Poe RT RP Holdo for defense

Dont have Rose yet. I just got 5* GK and dont have a team for him yet if he will fit.

Finn is terrible on defense. If you want to set a resistance team on defense, it really needs to be Rey led.
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    Yep, never put Finn on D.

I use Rose with that JTR team for now but I'd like to use Nest at some point too.
  • xNine
    82 posts Member
    Options
    Random9 wrote: »
    R2 is essential for RJT

Why so? Seems only BB8 would be fine
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    Options
    I’d really like to see jtr, bb8, r2, enfys, and holdo in action. Seems like having two characters with aoe daze would be extremely strong.
  • crzydroid
    7315 posts Moderator
    Options
    R2 is essential for RJT

Gives BB-8 starting tm, AoE can land multiple crits to generate tm, boosts everyone's stats. To say nothing of smokescreen and stun.
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    Options
    R2 is essential for RJT

Yeah, R2 is pretty much always assumed as the essential third on a JTR team. He’s more valuable there than on any other team. For all the reasons @crzydroid said
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    I’d really like to see jtr, bb8, r2, enfys, and holdo in action. Seems like having two characters with aoe daze would be extremely strong.

I spent all my upgrade Mats on JTR but Holdo is next on my list.
  • xNine
    82 posts Member
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    R2 is essential for RJT

Gives BB-8 starting tm, AoE can land multiple crits to generate tm, boosts everyone's stats. To say nothing of smokescreen and stun.

Ok I see how r2 can be of use but I'm still not going to elect to use him. Bb8 already gets 8% turn meter at the beginning and with a well modded bb8, you don't need 16% TM to go first. In fact, one might help the enemy teams potential Darth Vader by adding the rebel, giving more speed to their Vader.

While he can do an AOE attack to inflict some expose, I just can't justify his weak attacks over what Scavenger Rey can do. Scavenger Rey on her flurry can expose 3 times for example.

As far as smokescreen I'll be using wampa and/or Enfys nest to daze.

Btw screw holdo she sucks. Enfys or Wampa >>
  • K33p3r_ofthe_C00L
    149 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @xNine
    So did you blast everyone with your line up?

---- Please disregard my question, I overlooked that you are only about to unlock JTR.
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Options
    R2 is essential for RJT

Ok I see how r2 can be of use but I'm still not going to elect to use him. Bb8 already gets 8% turn meter at the beginning and with a well modded bb8, you don't need 16% TM to go first. In fact, one might help the enemy teams potential Darth Vader by adding the rebel, giving more speed to their Vader.

While he can do an AOE attack to inflict some expose, I just can't justify his weak attacks over what Scavenger Rey can do. Scavenger Rey on her flurry can expose 3 times for example.

R2 is considered the essential third on an RJT team. He boosts stats, mass expose, stun, etc. An extraordinarily well modded Vader can go before your BB-8 with just 8% Tm. However, with R2 you will always go first. then BB-8 gives secret intel to himself and someone else which gives RJT 16% TM making her go first and remove TM from Vader. He stealths controlling who gets fractured. Put Scav in back with Enfys or a tank. Holdo is actually really good. Her with Scav Rey in the back two **** behind RJT BB-8 and R2 can easily beat Traya teams.
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    ^^ Not sure why "spots" got censored.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    R2 is essential for RJT

R2 is considered the essential third on an RJT team. He boosts stats, mass expose, stun, etc. An extraordinarily well modded Vader can go before your BB-8 with just 8% Tm. However, with R2 you will always go first. then BB-8 gives secret intel to himself and someone else which gives RJT 16% TM making her go first and remove TM from Vader. He stealths controlling who gets fractured. Put Scav in back with Enfys or a tank. Holdo is actually really good. Her with Scav Rey in the back two **** behind RJT BB-8 and R2 can easily beat Traya teams.

Thank you. My Holdo is only 5* but the few times I tested her with JTR even at g6 she really helped. Im going to gear her now.

EDIT - who should be fastest? BB or R2?
  • Options
    R2 is critical to get to Illuminated destiny quickly. Every crit by a droid ally reduces the cooldown by one, so burn gives you a chance for five crits, plus any use of his basic including all the times he's called for an assist after bb8 uses his basic.
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    R2 is essential for RJT

Thank you. My Holdo is only 5* but the few times I tested her with JTR even at g6 she really helped. Im going to gear her now.

EDIT - who should be fastest? BB or R2?

I've made my BB8 fastest, fastest on my team by far. As pointed out above, he grants JTR TM and she can ability block/TM remove the toon of your choice.
  • Options
    As others have said, R2 is pretty critical to having an optimized JTR-lead team. If you choose not to use him, you'll regret it.
  • xNine
    82 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Ok you guys are right. The theory crafted team without r2 got obliterated on cubsfanhans test server. What I've seen take Traya down on YouTube is: JTR, Scavenger (Rey), BB8, R2D2, Holdo. Holdo gives AOE daze which is epic, plue gives healing, foresight, and taunt which will protect Scavenger Rey. When protected, Scavenger Rey can obliterate everyone.
  • xNine
    82 posts Member
    Options
    R2 is essential for RJT

This advice is on point. I apologise for my ignorance.
  • Options
    Has anyone tried RJT, bb8, r2, GK, and Hyoda? I know this team is way more defensive than what theOP was looking for, but wondering if anyone has tried it. It seems like once Illuminated destiny goes off, RJT teams win, and Hyoda can help prolong the battle until that happens. Not to mention his Madters training can call bb8 who will then call Rey or r2?

Just curious if anyone has tried this before.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    So...I wonder what JTR, R2, BB8, Enfys, and L337 would look like?