Communications

Replies

• JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb

What's the magic number of "pings" before you reappear in the Sith Raid feedback thread?
  • Options
    @vettes4fetts in my dm where he warned me he claimed crumb probably forgot
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Perro wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    I would just expect to see the Community Manager out here more, even if he can't answer our questions. He should be making the community felt heard. Instead, with more than a week between communications, the natives become restless...

This is what I am talking about Kyno

You do realize you can tag him and ask him yourself.

And as I stated, they have done that and then people complain they are just getting lip service. Can't please everyone.

Also, let's be honest kyno, he's been tagged more than CG_Rydiggs at employee sensitivity training. They all have been tagged, multitudes of times, with zero zip zilch in way of response.

The sheer fact that they seem to think the internet shuts down when the shop lights go off boggles my mind. We live in a connected 24/7 world.

Feel free to direct message him if you think something needs a bit more attention.
  • Options
    Why do we need to message people to remind them to mind the responsibilites they signed up for and carrie committed to?

Also would not all these extra DM's prohibit him from dealing with the community on a whole? Maybe the abundance if DM's are the problem. Maybe we need him to type to use and provide us some answer.

As the time goes on the clarity in the answer we expect grows. Where as a simple "I know I promised you an answer but it turns out the question isn'tas simple as I thought will report back at the beginning of next week with a timeline for an answer" would've done weeks ago now it would not.
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    Options
    More communications on Youtube.

Considering we are playing a mobile game, I doubt many of us are willing to watch/listen to a Youtuber for our SWGOH info needs. I know I am not, unfortunately.
  • Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb

What's the magic number of "pings" before you reappear in the Sith Raid feedback thread?

Even the elephant in the room cannot believe what it going on.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Speaking of communication has there been any word on the kitten up of the week

I am talking of course about the sm bug.

Dont tell me to go to ea answers as ive done that already i want to know if theres been communication about it. I would ahve thought it would inspire a similar response on the forums as the last tbs ship points bug where a megathread was made. Instead all threads are locked and archived.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Perro wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    I would just expect to see the Community Manager out here more, even if he can't answer our questions. He should be making the community felt heard. Instead, with more than a week between communications, the natives become restless...

This is what I am talking about Kyno

You do realize you can tag him and ask him yourself.

And as I stated, they have done that and then people complain they are just getting lip service. Can't please everyone.

Also, let's be honest @kyno, he's been tagged more than @CG_Rydiggs at employee sensitivity training. They all have been tagged, multitudes of times, with zero zip zilch in way of response.

The sheer fact that they seem to think the internet shuts down when the shop lights go off boggles my mind. We live in a connected 24/7 world.

The last two lines details all you need to know. They started DSTB battles over Thanksgiving and we all suffered and they said maybe something is wrong but we will see you Monday. It would be nice to have passionate people employed by CG simply because of IP involved and the passion of the fan base but what we have is a bunch of middling developers who are nothing more than apathetic people who show up for a paycheck. These people are eroding a fan base and it's time Disney stepped in.
  • Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    I try to respond to as many threads as I can a day but please ping me if you see any burning questions and I'll pop over when I can. Unfortunately I'm only one man and as mentioned previously, communication improvements would be a process and not a instant fix. Today I'm over in this thread trying to find answers from the team on raid limits.

Also I'm brainstorming some ideas for a regular weekly update. Not the State of the Game posts (those are still on track and coming like usual) but something that covers weekly discussions, updates on top issues, and maybe some fun facts. Something that lets everyone know what we know and are working on.

What would you like to see in a weekly Friday post?

Also our replies to discussions aren't showing up in searches some times, not the whole issue but contributing

You dont see the thread about sith Raid? C'mon man! Please respond any of three tread about this Topic. This subject is for a Lot of players the most important Topic now. Please see How the angry and descredit dominate players.
  • UdalCuain
    5016 posts Member
    Options
    I try to respond to as many threads as I can a day but please ping me if you see any burning questions and I'll pop over when I can. Unfortunately I'm only one man and as mentioned previously, communication improvements would be a process and not a instant fix. Today I'm over in this thread trying to find answers from the team on raid limits.

Also I'm brainstorming some ideas for a regular weekly update. Not the State of the Game posts (those are still on track and coming like usual) but something that covers weekly discussions, updates on top issues, and maybe some fun facts. Something that lets everyone know what we know and are working on.

Also our replies to discussions aren't showing up in searches some times, not the whole issue but contributing

Thursdays might be a better day, would be a shame to open communication only for forums users unable to get responses over a weekend.
  • Options

I know it's a bad joke, or you don't forum. The Ships 2.0 discussion OR STR rewards verse time for t6 and under that you stared? Are you [redacted] serious?
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    @cg_carrie I want this to be productive but what's the worst you can do ban me.

What has happened? Everyday something else is not working. Be it the sith raid. Interactions within territory battles. Rewards for territory battles special missions. Ships dodging unavoidable attacks. There is not one game mode that is immune.

To further complicate matters you promised more visible communication and hired a new community manager. At first glance this dude is overwhelmed and instead of helping gracefully enter the community you are watching him flounder. We need transparency to larger issues. We need threads started by your employees to be monitored and answered in a professional manner. We really need effort. When i read a message that says "i respond as much as i can on a daily basis", i scratch my head when i look at his aggregate total posts.

You made the rounds and said you would do better and then completely left this guy to fail. He is in quicksand and the more he struggles the deeper he will sink. Can you help save him?
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb Weekly updates would be awesome. Q&A's would also be awesome!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    I think it’s important to look at all sides of this communication thing.

Crumb side- he’s new. He is only one person.
    Dev side - which overlaps with Crumb- yes they said it wouldn’t be a quick fix that it will take time. Also there is so much more to their jobs than just the forum.

Forum side - we have been dangled this carrot many many many times. We appreciate the effort and we know we are a sour bunch but please understand these words of communication and improvement has been something we have been talking about for close to 3 years.
    We have every right to be skeptical.

Also with what Scuba said - can we know when something isn’t in existence anymore. For example- hey these events that promised to better improve gear but popped at only certain times of the day are no longer being implemented.
    Also - would love to hear more from Cap. He is a great dev that seems to enjoy feedback and is a straight shooter, I appreciate that immensely.
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

Still ignoring this thread I see
  • Options
    I think it’s important to look at all sides of this communication thing.

Crumb side- he’s new. He is only one person.
    Dev side - which overlaps with Crumb- yes they said it wouldn’t be a quick fix that it will take time. Also there is so much more to their jobs than just the forum.

Forum side - we have been dangled this carrot many many many times. We appreciate the effort and we know we are a sour bunch but please understand these words of communication and improvement has been something we have been talking about for close to 3 years.
    We have every right to be skeptical.

Also with what Scuba said - can we know when something isn’t in existence anymore. For example- hey these events that promised to better improve gear but popped at only certain times of the day are no longer being implemented.
    Also - would love to hear more from Cap. He is a great dev that seems to enjoy feedback and is a straight shooter, I appreciate that immensely.

I would tend to agree with this.

• Xerrath
    177 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    To be honest I’ve been following everything and I think people need to back off. I thinks Vinny_Vader put a good point of perspective the community is frustrated but results take time. Which will require patience. Everyone is in a state of I want this now and it has to be fixed now I need answers now. People just chill it’s a game lol I know many of us have invested a large amount of money but that was optional. It’s still just a game
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    Options
    How is it possible for the company to say its going to focus on better communication... for it to only get worse than what it was 4 months ago. Mind boggling.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Madpup wrote: »
    How is it possible for the company to say its going to focus on better communication... for it to only get worse than what it was 4 months ago. Mind boggling.

I think ppl forget too easy. To say its worse than 4 months ago is laughable at best. They've also said during this overhaul that this process will take time and communication does not mean talking every day. Not saying theres no room for improvement but it is better but for some nothing will ever be enough.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Obi1_son wrote: »

Still ignoring this thread I see

They didn't ignore it. They read it....then did the opposite of what the players asked (i.e. proceeded with what they wanted to do all along). All while maintaining the "we're listening" facade.

What's even more amusing is that they are simply repeating the same failed formula from the Rancor raid rewards structure that lead to a more even distribution of rewards in the HAAT. All the new people CG brought on didn't learn from the previous mistakes from the past two and half years - so they are doomed to repeat them - all while ignoring the requests, suggestions and warnings from the players who lived through all of them. Brilliant.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    Options
    Jamesm wrote: »

I think ppl forget too easy. To say its worse than 4 months ago is laughable at best. They've also said during this overhaul that this process will take time and communication does not mean talking every day. Not saying theres no room for improvement but it is better but for some nothing will ever be enough.

I would describe people who say they are ready feedback... and then ignoring it WORSE that people who never claimed to read feedback in the first place. Communication is more than just talking, 50% of it is listening.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Options

I would describe people who say they are ready feedback... and then ignoring it WORSE that people who never claimed to read feedback in the first place. Communication is more than just talking, 50% of it is listening.

listening and reading doesnt mean doing what was said. Most ppl are complaining more about the decisions being made than the communication imo.
  • Natos
    138 posts Member
    Options

listening and reading doesnt mean doing what was said. Most ppl are complaining more about the decisions being made than the communication imo.

Both really.

Take STR for example: @CG_SBCrumb started a thread about a month ago eliciting feedback. Then we heard nothing about it from CG until YESTERDAY, right before a release that did nothing remotely resembling the feedback they got.

Did CG intercede in that thread AT ALL to suggest that development was going in a completely different direction? Nope.

Were any reasons given why HSTR rewards were being prioritized over the lower tiers? Nope.

Months without any discussion, then BAM, a completely opposite result. Good communication that is not.
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    Options
    Natos wrote: »

Both really.

Take STR for example: @CG_SBCrumb started a thread about a month ago eliciting feedback. Then we heard nothing about it from CG until YESTERDAY, right before a release that did nothing remotely resembling the feedback they got.

Did CG intercede in that thread AT ALL to suggest that development was going in a completely different direction? Nope.

Were any reasons given why HSTR rewards were being prioritized over the lower tiers? Nope.

Months without any discussion, then BAM, a completely opposite result. Good communication that is not.

This
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb hi - aren’t we due a road ahead post soon? That’s the communication i look forward to the most. Gets me excited but doesn’t give away too much, I’m sure there are others who feel the same
  • Options
    To be fair; devs working so hard from beginning of this year. Think about sith-empire rework, tons of marquee events, ship changes, QoL changes, new raid, TB and TW, bugs. Honestly this game evaluating faster than a zerg. I respect that and i know its hard.
    We want one thing; give a break and say community for example; we know seperatist faction is old but it'll take 3 months or 1 year to handle it etc.
  • Options
    We'd like to be talked WITH, not talked AT.
    Communication isn't that freaking hard.