5 Hard node rewards

2Next

Replies

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    I'd hardly call it "fair" to dismiss half the table because you don't use it.

We're even saddled with the five attempts a day limit on the hard nodes. So if you want to try speeding up your farm of Slave 1, Scimitar, or TIE Advanced (all of which share the same fleet store slot, let's not forget), you either pay 150 crystals a day for the extra battles, or you're stuck burning up the bulk of your energy for the day on a single target.

The fleet table is no different from the LD/DS table in terms of format, except for having fewer tiers. So why should the energy for it not follow the same format?

How is me dismissing the hard nodes any different from you dismissing the normal nodes?

Why should the energy not follow the same format? That's a badly-phrased question. It doesn't follow the format because it's a different board regardless of what you're using it for. Saying we should have more energy is something we can't really talk about because, yeah, duh, of course we'd all like more energy... If they made it 240 that'd be great, I'm not going to get mad if they do that. But they're not going to. This is the rate they chose, and it's going to stay this way.

You can either accept it and use your free stuff for more gear or to speed up one ship at a time, or you can buy refreshes if you want, or you can look at everything and say, "But what if more?" and constantly be dissatisfied. It's all a choice.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36715 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    It's exactly the same as cantina. But the complaining continues...

True. But while the energy refreshes at the same rate as cantina energy, the ships table mimics the LS/DS table in format.With this setup we get the worst of both worlds: The slow energy gain and higher refresh cost of Cantina energy, combined with the normal/hard mode split (and the additional farming priority choices that entails) and higher energy costs of the LS/DS nodes.

And that's only amplified when you take ship omegas and reinforcement materials into consideration, given their scarcity and significance

To be fair, though, this only applies to hard nodes. Farming regular nodes for gear is just bonus gear per day. I'm getting an extra 16.5 shots at stun cuffs or bacta gels per day for free, and that's a huge improvement considering before I would spend 160 of the 310 (355 if I got all three bonus rewards, which wasn't always possible with my old job) on Rose and Holdo--more if I was doing two higher-cost farms.

I used to only refresh on Cantina energy, once a day, to speed up farming. Now I'm saving all crystals for full raid gear because I'm so backlogged on certain teams and it's the current bottleneck, so this has become a huge windfall.

I'd hardly call it "fair" to dismiss half the table because you don't use it.

We're even saddled with the five attempts a day limit on the hard nodes. So if you want to try speeding up your farm of Slave 1, Scimitar, or TIE Advanced (all of which share the same fleet store slot, let's not forget), you either pay 150 crystals a day for the extra battles, or you're stuck burning up the bulk of your energy for the day on a single target.

The fleet table is no different from the LD/DS table in terms of format, except for having fewer tiers. So why should the energy for it not follow the same format?

Because it's more stuff for no extra cost?
    Post edited by TVF on
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Is chance to get ship omegas higher from hard fleet battles? Or is it the same just like gear drop chance in general energy hard battles?
    934-111-319
  • Options
    How is me dismissing the hard nodes any different from you dismissing the normal nodes?

Why should the energy not follow the same format? That's a badly-phrased question. It doesn't follow the format because it's a different board regardless of what you're using it for. Saying we should have more energy is something we can't really talk about because, yeah, duh, of course we'd all like more energy... If they made it 240 that'd be great, I'm not going to get mad if they do that. But they're not going to. This is the rate they chose, and it's going to stay this way.

You can either accept it and use your free stuff for more gear or to speed up one ship at a time, or you can buy refreshes if you want, or you can look at everything and say, "But what if more?" and constantly be dissatisfied. It's all a choice.

Firstly; I'm not dismissing anything,but the existence of the hard nodes is what causes the energy issue. If you don't need to hit those nodes, fine. But it is the ships table after all, so it makes sense to consider getting ship shards one of the major draws, more than bonus attempts at farming gear.

Secondly, it actually isn't badly-phrased. Sure, I could've used "shouldn't" instead, but that's actually how that sentence plays out without the contraction.

As to the actual point: You're basically saying "it's different because it is". That's not a reason why the energy shouldn't match the format of the table is used for. That's not even a defence of CG's decision to set it up like that.

The ships table is supposed to be part of the big ships rework. But when so much of the new format for fleet battles is locked behind ship omegas and reinforcement abilities, giving us so many options on the table with so little ability to actually pursue those is just tying our hands. For no apparent reason beyond forcing us to spend more crystals to get these new elements of fleet battles.

This is particularly noticeable with ship omegas. As you can't get both those and ship shards, you have to choose between farming one or the other
  • TVF
    36715 posts Member
    Options
    I'm a bit biased because I have all the ships I care about at 7* already, but I wouldn't think of the table as a source for blueprints. They weren't terribly hard to farm out of the GW and Fleet store to begin with. Granted you're putting zetas on hold for a while to do that but it's worth it in the long run.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    I'm a little surprised that Reaper isn't on one of the nodes. First it gets nerfed, then it gets left out of the ships table. Poor reaper, so little love...

But what is up with the challenge gear on some of the nodes? Why...? (glares at hard node 5B)
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Xhedao
    209 posts Member
    Options
    Hmm, don't get why so many are upset about the new PvE- board and the related ship energy. It is neither a LS/DS board (which would be called neutral) nor the Cantina. It is just ships.
    Firstly; I'm not dismissing anything,but the existence of the hard nodes is what causes the energy issue. If you don't need to hit those nodes, fine. But it is the ships table after all, so it makes sense to consider getting ship shards one of the major draws, more than bonus attempts at farming gear.

Where is an energy issue? I do not see any problem. Of couse a player is not able to do everything at the same time or get a char instantly to 7*. This is the design of the game. This is not an issue, it is one basic of the game. If it is an issue for you, than it is as NicWester wrote: It is all a choice. Also the viewing on issues.

Oh, and the ship table is as it is, cause it is not Cantina, LS or DS. There is not that much content in ships table, so why should the battles cost the same amount of energy or have the same numbers in tattempts as in the previous tables? Perhaps a mathematician works at CG and looks how fast the table should be finished? Statistics and so on. Perhaps, just perhaps, the intention of the ship table is different from the previous tables. So it do not has to follow the known board rules...

• Options
    so how does it determine if you get 3 vs 2 vs 1 star? I ended up with 3 ships, and got all different things, and even 3 * when I lost a ship or 2.
    had 4 ships left and got 2 *
    is there a formula for 3* other than lose no ships?
  • Decay
    109 posts Member
    Options
    i have enjoyed the challenges of the node 5
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    JohnTebo wrote: »
    so how does it determine if you get 3 vs 2 vs 1 star? I ended up with 3 ships, and got all different things, and even 3 * when I lost a ship or 2.
    I believe it's a 3* if you don't lose any of your starting ships. Reenforcements can die.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • TVF
    36715 posts Member
    Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    JohnTebo wrote: »
    I believe it's a 3* if you don't lose any of your starting ships. Reenforcements can die.

I've seen several conflicting theories so far. No one seems to know for sure.
  • Metasly
    280 posts Member
    Options
    Edward wrote: »
    Never seen one ship Omega drop from the nodes that include them as rewards, as rare as Ability Material Omega.
    I've got one in about 600 energy spent I think (2 days worth of energy plus 1 refresh each day)
    The rest was the "garantied first time bonus"
  • TVF
    36715 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I think i hit one or two first pass through the tables. Not counting the first time ones of course. About what I expected.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Small sample size so far, but here’s what I’ve got from 5-C:
    Sims: 36
    Omegas: 0
    Reinf: 7
    Mk4: 17
    Mk2: 15

So it looks like omegas are negligible percentage, Reinforce Materials are about 1/6, and gear—unless I’m just super lucky—is 1/2.

That can’t be right. As I said, small sample size. (But I’m enjoying the good luck all the same!)
  • BonScott_23
    29 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I suppose ship omegas drop rate to be the same of toon omegas in cantina nodes, pretty close to 0.5%
  • TVF
    36715 posts Member
    Options
    Small sample size so far, but here’s what I’ve got from 5-C:
    Sims: 36
    Omegas: 0
    Reinf: 7
    Mk4: 17
    Mk2: 15

So it looks like omegas are negligible percentage, Reinforce Materials are about 1/6, and gear—unless I’m just super lucky—is 1/2.

That can’t be right. As I said, small sample size. (But I’m enjoying the good luck all the same!)

But that's a normal node I think.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    But that's a normal node I think.

It is, but I don't think they'd change the drop rate between normal and hard. Need data on it, but there's no hard node I want to farm right now, and I have about three thousand characters who need those pesky mk2 bactas still and another fifty-six thousand waiting for stun cuffs from 5-A after that.