Please explain

aji3khub75ih.png

I'm in 4th place in arena and I was battleing the #1 guy. Can someone please explain to my how his Vader landed 3/5 debuffs on my Jedi team when they all have +150% tenancity? Btw his Vader only has 64% base potency and +35% from emp palpatine leader ability and therefore only has 99% potency. All my Jedi have a minimum of 180% tenancity.

How can his Vader possibly land ANY debuffs when he is at least 80% potency less than my weakest tenancity?

Replies

• Options
    I hope the developers fix this glitch/bug ASAP or my cc will be glad to refund me for my investments.
  • Options
    There's always a 15% chance that debuffs will land. Built in game mechanic that has always been there.
  • UdalCuain
    5030 posts Member
    Options
    There's always a chance to apply debuffs, however small. Only tenacity up can prevent all debuffs, and even then there's some that cam sneak through that.
  • UdalCuain
    5030 posts Member
    Options
    There's always a 15% chance that debuffs will land. Built in game mechanic that has always been there.

Isn't it 15% minimum resist chance? Just been trying to work it out.
  • Options
    WAI.

Tenacity does not make you completely immune to debuffs. I believe there's a cutoff point.

Similar to no matter how potency you stack up the victim always has a non negotiable 15% chance (I think it's that) to resist it.

Otherwise what would be the point of debuffs/buffs if you could just nullify them all the time?

Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Options
    6a7zxspn0wlq.png

Current arena team btw only 69k GP
  • Options
    So 15% will always be the min chance to stick debuffs? Sounds like **** to me. Why make debuffs always have a chance to land when tenancity is that much higher
  • Options
    I saw in a game changer video that regardless of how much tenacity you have, there’s always a 15% chance of getting debuffed, and regardless of how much Potency you have, there’s always a 15% chance of the enemy resisting the debuffs.

Not sure why, but it’s apparently WAI.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Options
    What's WAI??
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    What's WAI??

Working as intended.....

The idea behind it is that it's a game..... You shouldn't be able to buy a win from capital gains.....
  • Options
    I saw in a game changer video that regardless of how much tenacity you have, there’s always a 15% chance of getting debuffed, and regardless of how much Potency you have, there’s always a 15% chance of the enemy resisting the debuffs.

I don't know where you guys got this misinformation, but it is not true. There is no lower limit 15% chance to land a debuff. There is a minimum 15% chance to resist a debuff.

When hit with a debuff, the defender has a chance to resist the effect: R = T-P ≥ 15%

This means there is always at least a 15% chance to resist. R can be increased by improving T. This tactic is of course countered by increasing P of the debuffing unit. This means that even if you increase T=100, if the attacker P=85, then the chance to resist is still only R=15.

In your case, Ezra has T≈180% and the opposing Vader has P≈100%. Therefore, chance to resist is R=180%-100%=80%. There is still a 20% chance for Vader to land debuffs. Considering Vader Force Crush throws out 4 debuffs (3 DoT and 1 Speed Down) to each of your 5 guys, that's 20 effects he just attempted to lay down, and only 3 of them stuck. 3/20 = 15%

So RNG was on your side this time because only 3 debuffs landed.

You want buff immunity? Use Grand Master Yoda's Battle Meditation move and gain the Tenacity Up effect.
  • Options

I don't know where you guys got this misinformation, but it is not true. There is no lower limit 15% chance to land a debuff. There is a minimum 15% chance to resist a debuff.

When hit with a debuff, the defender has a chance to resist the effect: R = T-P ≥ 15%

This means there is always at least a 15% chance to resist. R can be increased by improving T. This tactic is of course countered by increasing P of the debuffing unit. This means that even if you increase T=100, if the attacker P=85, then the chance to resist is still only R=15.

In your case, Ezra has T≈180% and the opposing Vader has P≈100%. Therefore, chance to resist is R=180%-100%=80%. There is still a 20% chance for Vader to land debuffs. Considering Vader Force Crush throws out 4 debuffs (3 DoT and 1 Speed Down) to each of your 5 guys, that's 20 effects he just attempted to lay down, and only 3 of them stuck. 3/20 = 15%

You want buff immunity? Use Grand Master Yoda's Battle Meditation move and gain the Tenacity Up effect.
    Nice info man. He actually had a buff hit my taunting tank but he culling bladed it away.

I really appreciate your explanation man.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options

You failed to take into account the bolster AI receives that they refuse to acknoeledge.