Paper zombie... [MERGE]

Prev13
Quigonlives
124 posts Member
edited July 2018
With the developers saying they want to incentivize people to gear up zombie and also keep her ability with endless horde, I don’t see how that could be done with Assaj’s and Talzin’s Zeta as they stand unless they give zombie an outrageously high damaging AOE damage based on her health with a mass potency down (with her exploding like probe droid and reviving.) Zombies potential on the team by being weak is just too great with the other Zeta’s.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    Here is my proposed solution to the zombie problem of being less valuable with more gear. My aim is to make zombie better at a higher gear without changing how she currently performs at G7. This will make NS better overall, but I think that’s ok because it will offset yesterday’s nerf in the raid and they aren’t really meta in arena right now anyways, so a boost won’t braak the game.

New Unique:
    Zombie gains defense% equal to 0.002% of her protection. When zombie is damaged she gains plague that cannot be resisted. Zombie does not spread plague during her turn. At the start of her turn, she inflicts plague on a random enemy one time for each instance of plague on zombie. This cannot be resisted. When zombie is healed to full health she grants all NS allies 2% offense and crit damage (stacking) and 5% TM for each instance of plague dispelled.

The point of this is to make it more valuable to make Zombie tanky than to die, while still keeping the same value for her death. Now a G12 zombie will be able to absorb a lot of hits and then buff all her allies when she is healed and spread unresistsble plague when she takes turns after being damaged. The exact numbers might need some fine tuning, but I think this concept would be a great fix that would make almost everyone happy.
  • Options
    Or maybe make zombie grant other night sister allies turn meter every time she gets hit and lower that turn meter by a percentage every time she dies. Just trying to brainstorm here.
  • FredsFatties
    125 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I don’t why they don’t just flip reverse it. The more you gear her up the weaker her health pool gets.

Seems like a simple fix to me.
  • Options
    I don’t why they don’t just flip reverse it. The more you gear her up the weaker her health pool gets.

Because a paper zombie isn’t ideal in all situations. On defense in arena/TW a strong zombie that can keep taunt and prevent other NS from getting Fractured/stunned/isolated is better. It shouldn’t be a choice, it should always be better to be strong.
  • Amoliski
    106 posts Member
    Options
    You think CG is going to fix it with a buff?

Calling it now: Every time zombie dies, all NS allies get a stacking, locked health-down debuff to show the impact of the zombie horde reducing in size.
  • Edison
    154 posts Member
    Options
    I had been thinking about how they could do this and make it so it wouldn’t be unreasonable. What I pictured is something like this:

Instead of making it so Zombie dies, her health is reset upon a finishing blow. But to feed the Assajj/Daka loss - a new zeta part of her unique that stacks damage and health boosts to all NS for all damage she takes that resets with her health on a finishing blow. That would give a new use to her being geared up completely, would keep some of the damage and health benefits like before, and also a use for that zeta refund.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

Because my Sith team could crush her like a fly. Plus, her taunt would be gone and I’d have 4-5 attacks to kill all the rest. Easy.
  • Options
    How about a fix that trades up on one of the zombie’s weaknesses (speed). Rework zombie so that her base speed is 50, and add this to her unique:
    Nightsister zombie gains speed equal to 0.5% of her max protection (max 100).
    That way whoever wants the paper zombie can keep it for raids, but whoever geared up their zombie would have a huge speed advantage for tw/arena, where the faster she is the sooner she gets taunt back after dying.
  • Options
    How about a fix that trades up on one of the zombie’s weaknesses (speed). Rework zombie so that her base speed is 50, and add this to her unique:
    Nightsister zombie gains speed equal to 0.5% of her max protection (max 100).
    That way whoever wants the paper zombie can keep it for raids, but whoever geared up their zombie would have a huge speed advantage for tw/arena, where the faster she is the sooner she gets taunt back after dying.

Swap that for max health and its a better compromise. Max protection would still be good for raids as its only one lot of protection to worry about whereas health you would have think about it a lot more.
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    You have way too much hope in CG.
    Just because theyve launched a clearly untested, failed design character and let it be in the game for 10 month, it doesnt mean that they will fix it. My bet is that theyre only going to make it worse, just like every single fix attempt in the past 6 months..(str rewards, fleetminus2..)
  • Psycosaltine
    481 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Could give ns stacking offense at the end of zombies turn that resets when she dies. Asajj still gets her unique when zombie dies but all ns get a boost if she dosnt.

P.s. not my idea I read it somewhere and I think its the best option so far
  • Chewy88
    237 posts Member
    Options
    If you want to make strong zombie viable make the taunt nondispellable so only aoe works on the ns and it only happens on the first life after the first revive only taunt for one turn after the attack. Then it would make the strong zombie viable as a tank and benefit the entire team giving asaj and everyone else the all clear to try and stack up her offense. I think that would probably work pretty well and add the gear value everyone is looking for and also keep ns viable in all areas of the game without having to choose one or the other weak or strong.
  • Tijack
    76 posts Member
    Options
    Literally the best way to make zombie "normal" would be to:

1) Make her gear level a choice when unlocked. If she reaches gear 9, she can be gear 0 to 9 at choice, with her stats changing based on that level.

2) Limit the number of times she can revive based on her gear level, like 2 revives per unlocked gear level, with no limit at g11 and above.

If those 2 changes were here, literally everyone would be happy. Zombie would require gear which is a win for CG, and players would get to choose paper or tanky without any penalty.
  • Options
    Could they just limit or remove the health and protection gain from each gear level for this character? Allowing us to gear her up to get added benefits of more speed and damage output. Though to balance it out maybe each time she revives she loses a % of her offense.
  • Options
    I heard them talking about people using her and not leveling her up to power Asajj. I hope their not going to change anything about Zombie. She's instrumental to the nightsisters and changing her taunt could make them useless in arena.
  • Options
    Gear yo zombie yo.

Then once everybody has caved in and geared their zombies they can change it back again on a Friday, so they can have some family night entertainment over the weekend.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Options
    I’m one of the fools who got my zombie to g12 well before our guild was doing sith raids and it’s been a bummer watching even score way more damage but whatever. I’m lucky to get 2 mil in p4
  • Drazz127
    770 posts Member
    Options
    They're just going to make Zombie so she dosn't count toward the stacks for Assaj and Daka.
  • Lkw
    125 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Add a line in daka and assaj's heal abilities and talzins second special if it kills someone that it would activate zombie's taunt when used. Give all NS allies bonus offense (and whatever else) stacking each time zombie drops below 100% health or 100% protection that resets when zombie dies.
  • TlMMEH
    60 posts Member
    Options
    I get that you guys don't like that people are having fun with a character without having to max gear it, but does it really warrant action? Even if some people feel left out because they leveled their zombies, couldn't you just refund everybody's zombies so that they can choose to gear-or not to gear now that they have all the information? I find it hard to believe that low level zombies are so game breaking that they need a nerf. If you really want to "encourage" people to level them up might I suggest carrots over sticks? And certainly carrots over (unavoidable cram down throat changes).
  • bevbez24
    8 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    With the devs doing a great job of changing the bonds back to original I have been trying to think of ways the NS team could still work as they do now with a geared zombie. Instead of stacking offense on asajj when zombie dies, why not stack offense say 1% anytime she taked damage. With the way bonds damage her this should be similar to the amount she stacks after she dies which is around every 15-20 turns. This encourages gearing a zombie to her max potential and will allow the NS to remain largely unchanged. Thoughts?
  • Options
    On damage effects from bonds of weakness don't work, so says the devs and description in the raid for bonds of weakness. They're probably going to use the paper zombie excuse to nurf the nightsister faction, as they probably see the damage as being too high in the raid. My assumption is the zombie will no longer count toward stacks of daka and Assaj, making Daka's zeta pretty obsolete, which is why they're refunding her.

If they wanted to keep the faction the same, they could add a new ability on a toggle that requires G11 or G12, which gives her increased max protection for a significantly decreased max health. They could also increase her base max health to make said ability worthwhile.
  • Options
    Zombie should be left alone. A weak low geared zombie is a form of strategy that allows Dakas unique to be triggered more often making NS stronger.

Even kozispoon said it’s a strategy and not a bug.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/153504/fix-the-nightsister-zombie-gear-exploit#latest

I look at it like this...every toon in this game requires max gear to get the most out of them...why not just leave zombie alone..we all know just how much gear it takes to max to g12. Having a toon viable with green or blue gear is a nice change.
  • Xcrit9
    108 posts Member
    Options
    My zombie is currently gear 9 if we would like to help the people who geared her to12 how bout the higher the gear level the LOWER her health pool gets or armor or defense. I think that would help the people who geared her up while not affecting the other part of the community
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    Options
    I honestly can't think of a solution that doesn't infuriate someone. My one hope is that CG shares the proposed changes to zombie well a head of time and takes feedback into consideration before actually making the change LIVE.
  • TaviRus
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Change it from turns of taunt ( i think its 1 or 2 turns) to attacks that increase with gear level.

it'll make NS a little weaker against multi attack characters, but then you chose between how long your taunt is up/alive and it dying for stacking bonuses.
  • Options
    Edison wrote: »
    I had been thinking about how they could do this and make it so it wouldn’t be unreasonable. What I pictured is something like this:

Instead of making it so Zombie dies, her health is reset upon a finishing blow. But to feed the Assajj/Daka loss - a new zeta part of her unique that stacks damage and health boosts to all NS for all damage she takes that resets with her health on a finishing blow. That would give a new use to her being geared up completely, would keep some of the damage and health benefits like before, and also a use for that zeta refund.

I like this the best...But the taunt should reset as well when her health reaches 0.
  • Options
    I do kind of feel bad for people that rushed to gear their zombie before noticing this interaction, spending resources to wind up with a less effective character. I wouldn't mind having to gear her to optimize the squad. I'm sure glad I didn't rush to do it this weekend though.
  • Options
    What about just making NS zombie function differently in a raid? Much like Thrawn's fracture or Traya's isolate.