Military Might Assualt Battles

Prev1
LeetoQui78
117 posts Member
edited August 2018
Is the final battle against Palpatine and Royal Guards on tier 3 bugged out? I think I can only get one or two turns in before the RG's take their turns and just keep going until Palpatine one-shot kills one of my squad. Then I take a turn and the RG just keep going again and repeat until I'm screaming. I'd say I was maybe a little bit below the recommended gear level but I otherwise I cruised through the rest of the rounds no problem. I think this is the only event like this that I can't reach the Mythic tier. Very frustrating.

Replies

• M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    don't think it's bugged, the last battle is just rather rng dependent. i find that unless i can get my chirrut to do his tenacity up before vader goes, then i'm most likely to lose. But if he gets T up for the entire team i have a pretty good shot.

i do wish there were less waves prior to that last battle though. i wouldn't mind if it was just the one really hard battle that's kinda fun to play. but having to wait like 10 mins just to get to it makes me want to toss my phone in frustration
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    M_L wrote: »
    don't think it's bugged, the last battle is just rather rng dependent. i find that unless i can get my chirrut to do his tenacity up before vader goes, then i'm most likely to lose. But if he gets T up for the entire team i have a pretty good shot.

i do wish there were less waves prior to that last battle though. i wouldn't mind if it was just the one really hard battle that's kinda fun to play. but having to wait like 10 mins just to get to it makes me want to toss my phone in frustration

Good strategy for the Mythic tier, but he's asking about the bonus tier.
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    ohhh, ha ha oooops.... errr, i got nothing there, except, chaze? i mean i just can't remember how long ago it was when i got past the bonus tier. my bad!
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    M_L wrote: »
    ohhh, ha ha oooops.... errr, i got nothing there, except, chaze? i mean i just can't remember how long ago it was when i got past the bonus tier. my bad!

Same here, CLS, R2, Han, Chaze, hit auto.

OP Try and have a couple of Dispellers (Baze, Echo etc) and try to reduce the TM on EP as much as possible or keep him stunned.
  • Zinke7
    194 posts Member
    Options
    I am not on tier 3 but same thing happened to me on tier 2 as it did to OP.
    When I got there I decided to activate special abilities on my toons and did it on first 3 and after that it was stun lock by RG and every once in a while EP would insta kill one of my characters.
    RGs don't even do much damage it is the fact that after the start I never got another turn and all 5 of my characters were stunned until EP got to his turn.

I can not even say if one should reduce EP's TM as it took a while for him to go.
  • Options
    Lots of rng. I did it with cls,chirrut,old Ben, r2, and raid han. Stun palp focus on thrawn and ge tenacity up before vader goes. Then pray.
  • Options
    I use CLS, Old Ben, R2, and Chaze, works well for me
  • Options
    LeetoQui78 wrote: »
    Is the final battle against Palpatine and Royal Guards on tier 3 bugged out? I think I can only get one or two turns in before the RG's take their turns and just keep going until Palpatine one-shot kills one of my squad. Then I take a turn and the RG just keep going again and repeat until I'm screaming. I'd say I was maybe a little bit below the recommended gear level but I otherwise I cruised through the rest of the rounds no problem. I think this is the only event like this that I can't reach the Mythic tier. Very frustrating.

Like everything in the game - when it comes around next time, if you've been building up your Rebels, then you'll breeze through it on auto.

Just how it works.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Rolo lead is very underutilized for this event. Raid Han, CLS and Chirrut all have built in counter attacks that make a CLS lead redundant. ROLO is a hero for this event.
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    Phoenix. G9 Ezra, G8 everyone else. Cleared bonus tier with 3*. Just had to get a taunt up on either Chopper or ideally Kanan because he's as slow as a dump truck going uphill on ice. He ate about 30-40 pike attacks before I dropped Palpatine. Once he was down it was a joke. Just taunt whenever possible and used the event special on Hera or Ezra for expose and extra damage from guaranteed counters.
  • Options
    St Han is the hero you are looking for.
    Laugh if you want. He is the nut flush. But you will need some offense too, so I recommend Princess Leia or Wiggs.
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Phoenix. G9 Ezra, G8 everyone else. Cleared bonus tier with 3*. Just had to get a taunt up on either Chopper or ideally Kanan because he's as slow as a dump truck going uphill on ice. He ate about 30-40 pike attacks before I dropped Palpatine. Once he was down it was a joke. Just taunt whenever possible and used the event special on Hera or Ezra for expose and extra damage from guaranteed counters.

I call ****. Phoenix are not cutting it for this event imo.
  • Options
    Yeah Phoenix is really great for tier 1-3 of the event.
    Use event ability on all your toons in stage 1 and you will have call to assist for the whole battle.
    Its amazing with all their counters, chopper's maxed out unique and the call to assist by Hera and Ezra.
    When reaching Palp let Kanan taunt, stun the emperor and kill the RGs first.
    A little RNG may be needed but all in all it's really doable.
    Phoenix rocks the first 3 tiers.
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

@Roopehunter
    Sorry to disappoint...

gc3bdsf43wdi.png

Can see the now-empty protection bars (only have protection in Bonus tier and mythic) on Palp and the RG's, and the G9 purple ring on Ezra's circle in the bottom corner. Haven't touched them since the Thrawn event.
    Post edited by Vendi1983 on
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Chirrut tenacity up helps avoid most of the stuns.
  • Hellsteeth30
    832 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    While it's currently not possible for me to do even on tier 2, I would say at least 4,000,000 speed would be necessary to beat out the RGs and palp himself.

The RGs pounce on Kanan first every time, no variance whatsoever. So that would be at least 14000% tenacity needed.

There may be a little exaggeration going on up there but I don't think I can do it with Palp one shotting the guys can slow him down/stop him.

Mine are G9 chopper and Kanan, balls to zeb and his stun guns g8, with Hera and Ezra at G10. All uniques Omega'd with some important omegas along with them too.

Palp only does 300K plus damage on a crit though, so that's nice

Never mind, I rolled a 6. In blood bowl that's an automatic success.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Options
    Once you can get someone taunting you're gold because all the RG pikes go there. Daze/stun Palp as often as possible. Ideally staggering strike too because Chopper might assist and instantly knock off palps TM, and event special on Hera/Ezra.
  • Options

@Roopehunter
    Sorry to disappoint...

gc3bdsf43wdi.png

Can see the now-empty protection bars (only have protection in Bonus tier and mythic) on Palp and the RG's, and the G9 purple ring on Ezra's circle in the bottom corner. Haven't touched them since the Thrawn event.

Wow. Thats awesome. Much better than what I could achieve with a higher geared phoenix team.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    Gotta focus the RG's somehow. Preferably via a taunting tank, but also R2 smokescreen

Focus Palp while the RG's are distracted, hopefully dispel the taunt (or have CLS) and focus til Palp falls
  • Moroveus
    147 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I can auto the first tiers, but I can't find a strategy that gets me through the end of Mythic. My G12 Rebels are:
    • Commander Luke (2/3 zetas)
    • R2-D2 (both zetas)
    • OG Han Solo (zeta)
    • Ackbar
    • Stormie Solo
    I've got some G11 Rebels as well, but I can't find a team that clears Mythic. It appears Chaze is the missing duo.
  • Options
    Moroveus wrote: »
    I can auto the first tiers, but I can't find a strategy that gets me through the end of Mythic.

Try better mods too.

And find two better characters than Ack and STHan.

• Options
    I can auto the first tiers, but I can't find a strategy that gets me through the end of Mythic. My G12 Rebels are:
    • R2-D2 (both zetas)
    • OG Han Solo (zeta)
    • Ackbar
    • Stormie Solo
    I've got some G11 Rebels as well, but I can't find a team that clears Mythic. It appears Chaze is the missing duo.

You should be able to do it with that team - you have 3 that can stun, a dispeller and a tank. Baze is a better tank as he has a mass dispel, but at least he feeds TM. Chaze does make it a lot easier.

It’s RNG dependent but you’ve got to try to keep Vader, EP and Thrawn stunned with you main three. CLS should mainly be using his basic.

• Caldis
    36 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah Mythic is crazy difficult but I was close on the bonus level with Pheonix. I dont have any Zetas and most of my rebels arent built up to the level needed to really face the challenge. I did unlock CLS last time around and putting him into my Phoenix squad in place of Zeb made the bonus tier and everything below it easy. Get the event ability up early on everyone. Have chopper taunt first if you need to to make sure the RG's arent stunning everyone and Kanan when you can because his taunt will last forever. ClS with his basic to stun Palpatine and keep him stunned even if the RG's get a taunt up since he can ignore them. After that it's all just whittling them down.
  • benjammin
    50 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    • R2-D2 (both zetas)
    • OG Han Solo (zeta)
    • Ackbar
    • Stormie Solo

I beat the mythic using:
    • CLS (lead) - 1 zeta (It Binds All Things) - Gear 12 - Speed 233
    • R2-D2 - 2 zetas - Gear 12 - Speed 214
    • Old Ben - 0 zetas - Gear 11 - Speed 162
    • Biggs - Gear 11 - Speed 167
    • Wedge - Gear 10 - Speed 157

I tried it 6 or 7 times yesterday and couldn't beat the final wave of the mythic. Finally, after realizing it was Vader owning me every single time I put an emphasis on dropping him as quickly as possible before worrying about Palp or Thrawn. I beat the mythic with R2 and CLS alive at the end by using the strategy, and then it worked again on the first try today.

Here are some tips based on my experiences playing through the event yesterday and today:
    • Use the event special move with everyone as soon as possible. Activating it one time gives that person a 50% chance to call an assist any time they attack out of turn for the rest of the battle (carries through all 8 waves). So, anytime someone counters (CLS lead) or assists (Biggs combo) there's a 50% chance they'll call another person. I ended up with a lot of 2-4 attack counters by getting this move going on everyone as soon as possible.
    • Use R2-D2 to smoke screen CLS often in the fights leading up to Wave 8. CLS is able to easily replenish his Protection with Call to Action, so let him eat up a lot of the damage and just re-charge the Protection as needed. Using this strategy I was able to enter Wave 8 with most people around 50% Protection still and 100% HP.
    • Drop Vader as quickly as possible in Wave 8. Vader is the champion of that Wave in my opinion. From what I can tell he's zeta'd (his DoTs keep stacking up), and he gets a unique buff called Juggernaut after his protection wears off. On all of my failed attempts I was trying to drop Palp, then Thrawn, before messing with Vader. Inevitably in those attempts Vader would start 1-shotting people with Saber Throw on the stacked up DoTs. Targeting him first is the best advice I can give based on my experiences. I was able to drop him pretty quickly using CLS and the Biggs/Wedge combo (called multiple people).
    • Try to ability block and taunt with Old Ben as soon as possible in Wave 8. My Old Ben was able to soak up a lot of damage, stuns and even shock from Palp by taunting as soon as the fight began. I tried to end Wave 7 with his turn meter gauge close to full so he could get out in front of Palp/Vader/Thrawn for Wave 8.
    • R2's basic has a chance to stun, use R2 to sprinkle stuns around and keep the other teams stun-locked as much as possible (especially the guards in Wave 8). CLS' basic will apply Defense Down or if they already have it then it will stun them. Wedge's basic (if you're able to use him) can help cut the "time to stun" in half by putting Defense Down on targets that don't have it yet. Sprinkle Defense Down on as many targets as possible with his basic so that CLS is able to stun them on the first attack or counter.
  • Options
    Took me a while to beat stage 2. Palp and those guards are nuts. Finally was able to 2 star it after quite a few attempts. It sucks never getting a turn.

I did it with all phoenix squad.
  • Options
    Evetyone says get the event ability early on the chars but did i miss something. I thougt the effect endet after on round. Or did the reattac will still be there?
    ( sorry for my bad english)
  • Options
    Machiaveli wrote: »
    Evetyone says get the event ability early on the chars but did i miss something. I thougt the effect endet after on round. Or did the reattac will still be there?
    ( sorry for my bad english)

The retribution from the ability will carry between rounds until the person's next turn. The +50% assist chance will last through the entire event. (all 8 rounds)
  • Options
    Oh okay thank you.
    But i cant bring the assist chance to 100 with two times the eventbuff?
  • Options
    I don't believe so. I think it caps at +50%.