Bastila working as intended?

Replies

• Options
    I also dislike zBastilla comps for their cheapness, but I think its your shards fault allowing that to happen. Everyone with an ns or jtr team could defeat them, which probably your top200 has, and they dont attack him?

Alternatively, they may, in which case, the only logical explanation is that he pays for a lot of refreshes. Well, as clearly a pay-to-win person yourself, it would be very hypocrite to bash him for spending money to get an advantage.. Cause thats exactly what you do. The only difference is that he's actually doing it much smarter than you. Less money, higher PO.

I don’t personally believe in punishing a person for doing well. As long as he’s not sniping me during my payout I’m not going to hit him just to make a point. Again, he’s doing the most with what cg gave him so good for him for getting to 5. I’m not going to deny him crystals just to make a point or because I feel like his squad doesn’t “deserve “ to be top 5. If you can make it to 5, you deserve 5, regardless of what team you’re using. The person behind the squad was never what my post was about.
  • Options
    I see your point just dust off Zaul I'm Jan 17 shard no jedis barley into 200 Jtr emp traya cls
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    No one cares if you are at the top and if you get comfortable in that position you will lose it. Just because you are top dog and someone new come around that doesnt have your "pedigree" of toons, time or money doesnt mean anything.

There is nothing that says a new cheap team cant come along and blow up the meta. You are entitled to nothing and what you have you may lose if you get too comfortable. Change teams or get used to the fact that the "poor people" may be moving into your neighborhood of arena rank.

No one cares how much time or effort you have put into anything or how exclusive you think your little club should be. Adapt or drop or get used to it.

And this was the exact same argument people made when Nightsisters came out. It still reeks of hubris and entitlement.

Just my opinion.
  • jursllla
    48 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Always fun when g9 with bad mods and no zetas can compete with fully geared g12ers with zetas in top 5
    https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/478450768584769546/480983558920601600/Screenshot_20180820-090004_Heroes.jpg?width=624&height=468
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    No one cares if you are at the top and if you get comfortable in that position you will lose it. Just because you are top dog and someone new come around that doesnt have your "pedigree" of toons, time or money doesnt mean anything.

There is nothing that says a new cheap team cant come along and blow up the meta. You are entitled to nothing and what you have you may lose if you get too comfortable. Change teams or get used to the fact that the "poor people" may be moving into your neighborhood of arena rank.

No one cares how much time or effort you have put into anything or how exclusive you think your little club should be. Adapt or drop or get used to it.

And this was the exact same argument people made when Nightsisters came out. It still reeks of hubris and entitlement.

Just my opinion.

Do most people fail to see the point?

The point isn't that ftp are beating whales. I am full FTP and beat huuuge whales on a regular basis.

The point is, an undergeared, understarred, undermodded team is beating a team which is far more invested in!

No one expects that person to have equal mods to a whale. No one expects that person to have a 7* bastilla who is g12.

But atleast have thrawn at 7* g12?!

A totally weak team being able to beat a far superior is dissappointing, no matter how you look at it. Be it a whale using that team or an ftp.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    It was the same with NS when they were reworked...

Players could use under-geared and under-modded teams to climb much higher due to some mechanic that makes them strong. A lot of people were able to climb arena ranks much more than they would be able to otherwise...

It’s kind of good because it gives some of the newer player base a glimmer of hope that they can compete in high end arena... I’ve seen a lot of new names popping up in the top ranks with their garbage Bastilla teams... and good for them!

I’ve even been running a version of it lately and it does work quite well...

They’ll be something else stronger or that nullifies it soon enough and then that will be the next thing people focus on...

I’m still working on breaking the mold (as always) :)
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »

Just my opinion.

Do most people fail to see the point?

The point isn't that ftp are beating whales. I am full FTP and beat huuuge whales on a regular basis.

The point is, an undergeared, understarred, undermodded team is beating a team which is far more invested in!

No one expects that person to have equal mods to a whale. No one expects that person to have a 7* bastilla who is g12.

But atleast have thrawn at 7* g12?!

A totally weak team being able to beat a far superior is dissappointing, no matter how you look at it. Be it a whale using that team or an ftp.

Therein is the hubris. Weak and superior are relative. You appear to think you are "far superior" when in fact your team is weak to the new team.

Its really just a matter of this: This is the way of life. Get used to it early and don't get complacent. Dont think because someone is or isn't X, that they are inferior to you.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Options
    Bastila may have many faults but this thread and others show exactly why she's brilliant - the shard chats that are definitely not cartels and exist only bring good to the world can't deal with interlopers using her and having a slice of their cake.

Cue lots of people telling me their 300k sith team can take down the 40k bastila team and it's actually just a matter of principle...
  • Options
    CHFC22 wrote: »
    Bastila may have many faults but this thread and others show exactly why she's brilliant - the shard chats that are definitely not cartels and exist only bring good to the world can't deal with interlopers using her and having a slice of their cake.

Cue lots of people telling me their 300k sith team can take down the 40k bastila team and it's actually just a matter of principle...

As I’ve repeatedly stated this has absolutely nothing to do with it. I’m still getting first just fine. I also don’t begrudge people for climbing higher. In fact, as I’ve repeatedly said, good for them. I’m all about people maximizing how many crystals they get and not only try and help people in my own payout but others as well. Ive often taken off mods so someone can beat me after my payout or I’ve left in my offensive team instead of switching to my defensive team until the people in the payout after me have beaten me. I’ve also been careful as to who I hit so as to not only not hit someone whose payout is coming up, but also to not leave a really hard team in a specific slot the people in the payout after me needs.

People just naturally assume whales have a sense of entitlement. Some I’m sure do, but I certainly don’t as I hope the previous paragraph highlights. This has nothing to do with that at all. As I’ve said previously it’s the fact that undergeared, undermodded, understarred teams can beat fully g12+, insanely modded, g7 teams. Again, it’s not one character that’s understarred, undergeared, and undermodded. That always happens when a new character comes out. Sion is a good example. It’s the fact that one skill makes it so virtually the ENTIRE team can work with undergeared, undermodded, understarred characters and what that does to the game. Why work so hard to get your characters to max potential when you don’t need to?
  • Options
    Also we’re not talking about slightly undergeared characters. We’re talking about multiple g9 and 10 characters on a team.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Options
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    Also we’re not talking about slightly undergeared characters. We’re talking about multiple g9 and 10 characters on a team.

So it is on principle then? No-one complained when my 5* g10 shore helped break the wiggs meta, or when my 6* g10 death broke the cls meta, or when my 6* g10 mother melted jtr.

I get it must be annoying but so is any meta if you're not using it. This just has an extra bit of spice because you think only a set of 7* g12 toons should be at the top of the rankings.

• Options

So it is on principle then? No-one complained when my 5* g10 shore helped break the wiggs meta, or when my 6* g10 death broke the cls meta, or when my 6* g10 mother melted jtr.

I get it must be annoying but so is any meta if you're not using it. This just has an extra bit of spice because you think only a set of 7* g12 toons should be at the top of the rankings.

I do believe that only well geared, well modded, starred (mostly) should be at the top of arena. Absolutely. 100%. Bingo. Hit the nail in the head. Why the heck would I spend time, effort, and money maxing my characters otherwise? Why would anyone? Why farm mods if you can do just fine with subpar ones? What is the point of arena if you can do just fine with g9 characters?

I understand when a meta shifts the new meta team should have some advantages. They should be able to beat the old meta, but the new meta teams should have to be at least halfway decently geared and modded. Certainly not multiple g9s.

• Options

I do believe that only well geared, well modded, starred (mostly) should be at the top of arena. Absolutely. 100%. Bingo. Hit the nail in the head. Why the heck would I spend time, effort, and money maxing my characters otherwise? Why would anyone? Why farm mods if you can do just fine with subpar ones? What is the point of arena if you can do just fine with g9 characters?

I understand when a meta shifts the new meta team should have some advantages. They should be able to beat the old meta, but the new meta teams should have to be at least halfway decently geared and modded. Certainly not multiple g9s.

I can only speak for my july '16 shard, but the only bastila teams I see with g9 & 10 are taken down very quickly - bit like seeing the occasional trooper team. Most are 3 or 4* bastila, then g12 ob or gk, 6 or 7* hoda at g11/12, g12 gmy & g11 ezra. I personally use a 4* g11 bastila, 7* g11 gmy, g12 gk, g12 wampa, g12 thrawn. Gets me top 30. Moved from the rex led team I had, just because it's more fun to use.
  • Options
    You guys are sure making a LOT of assumptions about what "teams" players with 1.9 million GP would have.

I have almost 3 million GP (2.7 and I'm a day 1 f2p player.)

And I've still not got around to having a legit NS squad. I just now was about to beat the NS event that just ended.

OP I agree with you, under no circumstances should that lineup be inside the top 100 much less the top 20.
  • crzydroid
    7309 posts Moderator
    Options
    Points heard, but this isn't the first time a gimmick with low star characters has been able to win on offense.

Keep in mind this team has two Lengendary characters, one of which is the hardest to beat, a raid reward toon from the now middle difficulty raid, and requires a zeta. So while there's not as much of an investment here in terms of the other players, this person hasn't been completely sitting on their hands.

Even fully geared, this comp would drop on defense. Once more Traya leads show up, and once the next meta shift occurs, this person will either need to put that effort into gear and mods or say goodbye to their time in the sun.
  • Options
    So just how many times then are you going to say the exact same thing in response to every response in this post, ever? We clearly get what you want to say, because you’re being a parrot about it.

You’ve said whatever it is that you wanted say, and unfortunately we just so happen to not fully sympathize with you.

You’re a whale in a sea of dolphins and guppies that takes first no matter what people throw at you and somehow still find a reason to complain about your so-called entitled exclusivity to the top ranks and what you feel is a proper invested squad for a payout of that caliber. I’m happy all your money has a sense of accomplishment for you, but it doesn’t make it a golden standard for success.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Options

Lmao. Do you even play this game? A 300k Sith team huh. Interesting....

On an obviously completely unrelated issue, my favourite jokes are when someone doesn't get them and goes public with it.

• CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Options

On an obviously completely unrelated issue, my favourite jokes are when someone doesn't get them and goes public with it.

That's cute, too bad it wasn't a good one.

No, it wasn't. Yet you somehow fell for it.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Options

That's cute, too bad it wasn't a good one.

No, it wasn't. Yet you somehow fell for it.

If you say so.......

Not me - your comments above. You do know everyone can see them? What you did was try to point out that I don't know how the game works, but what you actually did was publicly show you don't know how flippancy works.
  • Options
    We get it guys. We understand the fact that you are just now able to break the top 100 now using her and that's why you defend this nonsense so much. I don't care how you look at it, it isn't right, period. Top arena teams should be well geared and modded with multiple zetas. This depends on age of shard, but the concept still stands. This doesn't have anything to do with whales at all but so many of you miss the point. Half effort does not deserve full credit.

Speaking as someone that runs FO in arena, I don't think you guys get it.....

This game is about more than a year and star race...... It requires several things, gear, stars and mods are three..... It also requires strategy, synergy and knowledge.... This is what makes it fun....

My FO is all 12 gear, triple zeta with very good to excellent mods, and I struggle with g10 and g11 nightmare teams with less Zetas...... Are you trying to say that my FO squad should simply just beat everything with lesser stars and gear?..... Not much point in the game if that was the case.....
  • Options
    Let’s try and avoid the personal attacks and maybe shift back to what caused this. Mostly it’s the 150% Tenacity up on the zeta. I’m a bit surprised they added that given the fact that one of the complaints about sith raid is that so many teams are neutered because of the high tenacity of the raid bosses. Debuffs rarely stick making a lot of teams/strategies not viable. There are of course other characters in the game that give tenacity up but the biggest difference is that on other characters it has to be cast, giving you the opportunity to deal with the character before it casts it. It also wears off after a specific number of turns, whereas with Bastila lead it doesn’t wear off until you do enough damage to each character to remove their 200% bonus protection.

I’m not necessarily saying it should be nerfed, but I am hoping CG doesn’t do something like this for any new characters in the future OR they limit it to only effecting a single character rather than a whole team if they do put something similar on a new character in the future.
  • Options
    Let’s try and avoid the personal attacks and maybe shift back to what caused this. Mostly it’s the 150% Tenacity up on the zeta. I’m a bit surprised they added that given the fact that one of the complaints about sith raid is that so many teams are neutered because of the high tenacity of the raid bosses. Debuffs rarely stick making a lot of teams/strategies not viable. There are of course other characters in the game that give tenacity up but the biggest difference is that on other characters it has to be cast, giving you the opportunity to deal with the character before it casts it. It also wears off after a specific number of turns, whereas with Bastila lead it doesn’t wear off until you do enough damage to each character to remove their 200% bonus protection.

I’m not necessarily saying it should be nerfed, but I am hoping CG doesn’t do something like this for any new characters in the future OR they limit it to only effecting a single character rather than a whole team if they do put something similar on a new character in the future.

So what’s the issue? Your ep lead is t working well? Lol
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    It's impossible to say, wether Bastilla is working as intended or not. Only the game designers know that. However, since she had a bug upon release and became quite a bit stronger after the bug was fixed, it's pissible, that Bastilla was tested while having the bug, which was not discovered by the testers.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

So what’s the issue? Your ep lead is t working well? Lol

I don’t use ep. I’m also a little tired of people thinking this has something to do with my performance in arena. It doesn’t. I dropped to 7th Between my payout yesterday and my payout today, and I’m first today. I only have to use 2 battles today. Hope that clarifies that it has nothing to do with my ability to get first or dropping too far.