Content Update 8/23/2018 - First Round of Mod Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• AleSahnDroh_1979
    950 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    The thing that's I really can't understand is:
    Who cares if a mod was grey or blue at its start?
    It's a pain for the eyes to watch at our toons now...
    Further, the postulate that a gold mod is better than a grey mod.... I have several grey arrows that give me +30 speed... who would say that they are worse than a gold arrow giving accuracy??
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb hello I'm happy with the updates incoming but can you give us back (the 1% players affected one month ago) our secondary stats we had on our mods ? My best set of mods most more than 15 speed...please ?
  • noodle_noggin
    16 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    How can we sort them by level? I don't want my level 1 purple and gold mods above my level 15 blue mods. Also they're not even sorted within each color, I have level 6 blue mods listed ahead of level 15 blue mods
  • Options
    The thing that's I really can't understand is:
    Who cares if a mod was grey or blue at its start?
    It's a pain for the eyes to watch at our toons now...
    Further, the postulate that a gold mod is better than a grey mod.... I have several grey arrows that give me +30 speed... who would say that they are worse than a gold arrow giving accuracy??

I disagree. There is a difference between mods that started grey and ones that started gold. It doesn't mean it's better for you or a specific character. But in the scenario you used. Two +30 speed arrows would have vastly different stats and the end.

I like the update and the direction of the mods
  • Options
    Are the salvage pieces dropping for anyone? 20 sims and no drops. Pretty bad drop rate.
  • Options
    Well, i have done at least 25 sims... and gotten 2 salvage... working as intended?
  • Options
    How many are we going to need to do any slicing? Theres a lot more types than I was expecting.
  • Options
    Not even seeing the bonus status of the hard nodes. No salvage is visible as potential rewards.... Is it level 85 only??
  • Options
    Great to see this coming to the game. Can't wait for the full release of mod features. :)
  • Sonido
    81 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    tq2t7fzbfnl2.jpg
    3evcz5p5b1bk.jpg

where is my bonus parts?
  • Options
    No. Just Freuding No.

I'm working Sion LS Hard 9-A.

There are literally 7 different slicing materials, 5 of them have a chance to drop 1, 2 of them have 2 drop chances for a max of 2. That's 9 potential drops every sim.

After 5 sims, I got 0 drops. That's completely unacceptable. If you can't get 1 mat in 45 chances, then the drop rate is so poor that RNG completely rules.

Other people are having the same experience. If you boost the drop rate by 10x, but also boost the materials required by 10x, then persistence helps you and although things are still random, you can't get too far behind. As the system is set up, let's say the chance is 1 in 100 to make it so that my results are unacceptable. There will be 87 people in every 1 million players who get 5 or more slicing materials in those 5 sims. Yet, according to the binomial distribution, 64% of people have gotten exactly 0 slicing materials. That's right, the vast majority of people are making no progress at all while a few people have an embarrassment of riches.

Ridiculously low drop rates are not the answer for events you want to have happen rarely. Just require more materials. Ridiculously low drop rates create player frustration as they inevitably see the best in Arena are the lucky ones who scored big in RNG while they make no progress whatsoever. Progress must be incremental so that we can see ourselves working towards success, and to limit the ability of the lucky few to parlay disproportionate early luck in an aspect of the game other players can't influence into more crystals, more credits, and even more success.

This. Is. Unacceptable.
  • Options
    grady1346 wrote: »
    How many are we going to need to do any slicing? Theres a lot more types than I was expecting.

2ggwizihw1yh.jpg

• Options
    Did some hard sims and they didnt show in rewards

Yep.

:smile:
  • DarthPadraig
    132 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Yeah...I did four sets of sims in four different hard nodes. Total mod parts? 3. And that sounds way better than the drop rate a lot of others had.

Edit: later, did 3 more x5 hard node sims, received one single mod piece.
    Post edited by DarthPadraig on
    Guild Leader of CHAL | Member of the WWL Alliance
  • Anrath
    216 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    How can we sort them by level? I don't want my level 1 purple and gold mods above my level 15 blue mods. Also they're not even sorted within each color, I have level 6 blue mods listed ahead of level 15 blue mods

This ^ !
    @CG_SBCrumb
    Post edited by Anrath on
  • Options
    ok, new changes in mods are coming and i still have no answer, if the problems with the „old“ mods are solved or not. there was a problem with the increasing of some mods. then came an update to repair the problem. little later was a roll-back of this update and no more word, when the problems will be solved.
    i still have the feeling, that my mods didn‘t leveled as they should. i was affectd by the update. can we be sure, that a mod leveled not in steps (1-3-6-9-12-15), but in one turn from 1-15 has the same 4x increasing?
    or aren‘t the 1% affected player worth an answer?
  • Options
    Why would you revert colors before we could build sets?

This is sheer stupidity. It appears in order to get content out to make any amount of money you lose any rational line of thinking.

So let me just say. Mod slicing...NO ONE ASKED FOR THIS.
  • Options
    Quote: " The change we are making is specific to green, blue, and purple mods. In the current system, these mods increase existing secondaries before adding new ones. For example a green mod will increase its one secondary stat before adding the other 3. This gives the green mod some added value as it guarantees its first secondary to get an increase.

The problem with this approach is that once slicing is introduced, starting with a green mod that has a speed secondary, leveling it to 15, and then slicing it to gold will give better odds of a high speed mod than starting with a gold mod that has speed as one of its 4 secondaries. The change we are making is to always add secondary stats (up to 4) before increasing a secondary. This will ensure that starting with a green mod gives the same odds as starting with a gold mod, it will just take resources (ex. mod salvage) when starting at green due to the slicing materials that need to be acquired.
    "

THIS IS A HORRIBLE HORRIBLE CHANGE. I understand why u did it, as u outlined a green mod could have a chance to be better than a gold mod, but this was NOT the right solution!

Now we have to spend MORE invaluable hard to get credits just to see if a 2nd will upgrade or not = more wasted credits. I just tried upgraded a blue mod with a speed 2nd, and I had to get to level 9 just to see if would upgrade rather than level 3 before, and if it didn't at least I didn't burn too much money up just throw it away. Now, you have to invest a lot more before you find out if the RNG craps all over you. This is BACKWARDS come on!

The way this whole new mod scheme was sold to us was we would see what 2nd's would show up BEFORE investing in a mod, and while I hope that might still come to pass, you need to make upgrading 2nd's similar. The right solution here is to just take the stupid RNG right out of the upgrading equation. What will upgrade is already predetermined anyway, so there is already enough RNG in the fact you might "receive" a good or bad mod right from the get-go. Why make us spend more now on a mod that will turn out badly but we just don't know? No, this is a bad bad solution, instead the better solution here is, you can keep this new change the same as it is now but we need to know which original 2nd's on a mod will upgrade and which won't, so we can just toss the bad ones we get before wasting a bunch of credits on it. Get it?

Also like the other poster I hate that my top toons now have a smorgasbord of colours instead of uniform gold matching mods even though they are fully upgraded, it also makes it harder to tell which ones have been upgraded so another not good change.

Back to the drawing board with these two aspects @CG_SBCrumb
  • Options
    this is insame, so now we have to upgrade every single character's mod to level 6? God, somebody help cg.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Asked this before and didn't get an aswer: Will the ship stats stay the same, caring only about the level and rarity of the mods, or will they care about tier now as well?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Asked this before and didn't get an aswer: Will the ship stats stay the same, caring only about the level and rarity of the mods, or will they care about tier now as well?

5dot lvl 15... The rarity doesn't matter.
    Stats will change with 6dot, but thats obviously.

Just to clarify terminology - rarity = dots, tier = colors.
    I know how it is now, my concern is if it stays like this after the update. Having to slice all pilot mods to gold would need a ton of resources, so it sounds precisely like something CG could come up with...
  • Options
    That is probalby the 2nd most expensive slicing action with 60 parts required but even if the lower ones (like D -> C) are half of that the drop rates are a joke. It's for free, I know, but if the returns are negligible it is just natural that a lot of people get upset. After 6 days of spending 700 energy each, it looks like one won't get even near the amount of slicing materials required for just a single mod upgrade. Reminds me on the drop rate of reinforcement materials on the Barriss node after the launch of ships 2.0, which was ridiculous as well.
  • AIWA
    43 posts Member
    Options

Why was not saving and loading of mods enabled first?
    That's what all players want the most and save the most time in the game.
    Now I have to search a long time if I want to have mods from one unit to the next unit.
    Everything is extremely confusing.
    So again the question!
    Why was saving and loading the mods not unlocked first?

Translated by Google o0_0o
    Gibst du jemandem die möglichkeit zu fliegen, dann musst du **** rechnen das er fliegt!
  • Options
    "Bonus" Is not the right description for the mod splicing materials when so far the drop rate is 0%. Bonus = automatic drop. Either this is bugged or they are not "Bonus" items and have some low drop rate %.
  • Options
    drop rate is rubbish, and if i’m being paranoid it seems to have impacts the shard too. maybe having a bad day on drops but how can you call ‘bonus event’ peeps get nought? would been better do gift inbox so each player could slice at least 1 mod see works
  • Options
    Phenomenal start (irony off) of a mod change lots of people actually were looking forward too! :-)
  • Options
    There is no bonus loot from hard nodes from me, is there any requirement of something?

az1mixds7jwd.jpg
  • Options
    Spookyelse wrote: »
    There is no bonus loot from hard nodes from me, is there any requirement of something?

az1mixds7jwd.jpg

Same for me
  • Options
    Oh a new patch - full of issues and decreasing experience. Much wow. So surprised. What a shock.