Bastila Jedi Nerf ?

Replies

• Options
    Presaria wrote: »
    Bastila was stealth nerfed, end of story.

She was not. End of story.
    518 posts Member
    Options

She was not. End of story.

I can confirm. My sith are around 85 to 95 potency under EP lead and EP is around 120 under his lead. I land very few debuffs ATM on Bastilla teams so I'm not even sure the screenshot was taken a few days ago, it could have been a few weeks ago when it wasn't working.
  • Options
    I see there’s another thread on this topic. I missed it when I posted this.
    Whether the mechanics are WAI or not, there seem to be plenty of people who have noticed a change. The only time I ever saw debuffs land on Bastila/Jedi like this was before the initial Bastila fix. A week ago it seemed you couldn’t debuff Jedi who had Protection Up.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    I see there’s another thread on this topic. I missed it when I posted this.
    Whether the mechanics are WAI or not, there seem to be plenty of people who have noticed a change. The only time I ever saw debuffs land on Bastila/Jedi like this was before the initial Bastila fix. A week ago it seemed you couldn’t debuff Jedi who had Protection Up.

Maybe people are just changing their mods. I know I did.
  • Options
    Screenshot was from a few days ago by the way. You can see a guild message in the bottom corner about the Haat opening on 8/23 @ 8pm EST.
  • Options
    JasFonz wrote: »
    Now I have a 7* g12 max Bastila and Nest and they have been modded the same way since they were unlocked.
    They are still great toons but no where near as op as they we’re when first unlocked.

Maybe that's the answer. Your Bastila and Nest has been "modded the same way since they were unlocked".
    What about your opponents?

>:)So what? I want Krell!
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    They didn't nerf bastila..... They made.potency mods worthwhile.....

Stop spreading misinformation. That update hasn't gone live yet. It was pulled back.

And yes, it does seem there has been a silent nerf. They obviously won't admit, but yeah. Many people are claiming they have nerfed her. I believe so too after playing around with her for a while.

And no, no one has used potency mods. In my case atleast.

You're right. The mod changes haven't gone live. You're also spreading unproven disinformation by talking about a stealth nerf. I've not seen any difference other than one screenshot with above average numbers of debuffs. Don't make up something you don't have proof of. Feelings, or a thing that happened to someone this one time aren't proof.

They're not saying this is final proof, just that it seems that way.
  • Options
    I don't think there was a nerf. I think it's likely just remodded. There was a similar post to this the other day. I tested it and my vader still couldn't land debuffs when geared with a speed set and a potency set even after people were complaining about the nerf. I did arena battles against several teams and still couldn't land debuffs on opening aoe.

Then I remodded putting a potency cross and two potency sets on vader and increasing potency secondaries where it didn't cost too much speed. Brought his potency up to about 80%. Now debuffs land at least some of the time.

I don't think they changed anything. Likely just people figuing ou how to mod to counter it. It will likely become more prevalent when the mod sets finally change.

You may have to actually mod for tenacity to keep teams modded for potency from debuffing your bastilla team.
  • Options
    As a side benefit, my vader can also land dots on traya on p4 of t5 of the str. We're attempting heroic next week. Hopefully the new mods update drops so I can see if the potency is high enough to make vader lead a good team.
  • Options
    Seeing as how I just put my zeta'd **** jedi team in arena, I'm guessing there was a nerf and it's my fault. The way my luck/timing goes, this is how things work. So, sorry everyone! My bad!
  • Options
    Yeah, it's bad. I just went into a match and NOT ONE TIME did my jedi resist ANYTHING thrown at them by a CLS team. With protection up, jedi should have 150% tenacity, but didn't resist one darn thing. What the frack? Seriously CG, stop going extreme to extreme please. Get your AI under control and stop with this messy rubbish.

Yes I'm venting, I spent a lot of time, bought a couple packs to get this **** team setup. I didn't put so much into it to watch it get obliterated by anything and not resist anything. That is quite demoralizing and demotivating. Not like I'm trying to face Traya teams with my jedi. Gimme a break.
  • Options

Nope....Arena Rank 20 today with her....best I’ve ever reached. Occasional debuff lands when my opponent is appropriately modded.
  • Options

Nope....Arena Rank 20 today with her....best I’ve ever reached. Occasional debuff lands when my opponent is appropriately modded.

The problem I have with this rubbish. My EP lead team can't do a mass stun but maybe once a week. The AI will do 2-3 mass stuns of my entire team every freakin' match I do. The AI's excessive rolls for itself doesn't help. At the same time, my Bastila team, for a third match now, got obliterated by an EP lead team because it kept landing debuff after debuff on my team with no trouble whatsoever.

If they're going to make tenacity mean something, then do it. Their worthless broken tenacity system is supposed to be fixed by this new mods 2.0 thing happening, but at the same time when I go up against Bastila teams (for weeks now) to try them out and can't land debuffs because they have protection (which grants 150% tenacity) and have to power through, then I put a team in and it gets destroyed because 5, 8, 10 debuffs are stacking up on my team, just days later, then there's a problem.

At the same time, they often have systems get effected by 'other' updates they do in game. So it is very likely that the next phase of mods 2.0 they implemented before the weekend is the cause, if they didn't do a "Stealth nerf" directly to Bastila, Tenacity, etc.

Just frackin' tired of the back n' forth of it. One extreme to the other, letting the AI have better stats, and so on. The RNG of what "could" happen is way too broad. "Well, the AI has 15% chance to get through!" (which means, the AI has a 150% chance to do whatever it wants....)

If this is how Bastila with a zeta on her responds as a lead (any and every debuff hits), then I'll ask support to take the darn thing off her and I'll put it somewhere else. Because from my point of view it is acting like it did the first week or so before they did the "fix" as it didn't work correctly on implementation.
  • Options
    @Whatelse73
    https://swgoh.gg/u/whatelse73/collection/230/ezra-bridger/
    You can’t run a Jedi team with gear and mods like this without getting crushed!

For goodness sake you are double my GP! Yet all your Jedi are slower, badly modded and your 2nd highest damage dealer (Ezra) has 60% the physical damage he should do. They also need GMYs Battle Meditation Zeta’d (Which vastly improves both damage output and survivability)

Bastila lead Jedi need to make the fight 4 v 5 very fast or they lose.....

A standard battle goes like this - Vader opens, gets 1 or 2 debuffs - GMY removes Thrawns TM....then the Jedi eliminate Sion and EP before the Sith move again—> it’s over!

Please don’t cry “nerf” while running a slow, undergeared team that lacks its 2nd most important zeta.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Nothing grinds my gears more than seeing people high up without level 15 mods. They're dumbing down the application of mods because people "didn't bother learning the old way", not because it was too complicated. The basics of how mods work and which sets should work best are easily determined by reading a characters abilities or just doing 2 minutes of forum browsing. If you can't bother getting a full set to level 15 then have the wrong sets on the wrong people, then why are you even complaining when all the information is out there for you? Much of it on the same site you're debating "stealth nerfs" on.
  • Options
    @Whatelse73
    https://swgoh.gg/u/whatelse73/collection/230/ezra-bridger/
    You can’t run a Jedi team with gear and mods like this without getting crushed!

For goodness sake you are double my GP! Yet all your Jedi are slower, badly modded and your 2nd highest damage dealer (Ezra) has 60% the physical damage he should do. They also need GMYs Battle Meditation Zeta’d (Which vastly improves both damage output and survivability)

Bastila lead Jedi need to make the fight 4 v 5 very fast or they lose.....

A standard battle goes like this - Vader opens, gets 1 or 2 debuffs - GMY removes Thrawns TM....then the Jedi eliminate Sion and EP before the Sith move again—> it’s over!

Please don’t cry “nerf” while running a slow, undergeared team that lacks its 2nd most important zeta.

Does GMY's zeta make the tenacity stick better? Does Ezra's gear prevent debuffs from landing 90-100% of the time? Does GK require something magic to prevent debuffs? None of the rest of the team has anything to do with Bastila's zeta'd lead providing 150% tenacity while they have protection. With the additional tenacity they have, it goes from 180-200% tenacity on that team. Yet, for three matches I had 3, 5, 10 debuffs stacked on each jedi that still all had protection up. How is that possible?

The zeta doesn't say, "well they have to have god mods you must buy with credits and crystals to be effective!" The zeta says, gives 150% tenacity with protection. Period. If there's that much tenacity, I could understand one or two debuffs getting through, but not debuffs every single attack on every single jedi. That's not right. That's what was happening when they first released her and had to 'fix' something in the system. (Which, I mentioned, could've been broken by the implementation of phase whatever of mods 2.0)

Also, I'm running a Bastila team commensurate with the other Bastila teams in my arena at my ranking. They were doing fine against me last week (resisting debuffs) but this week doesn't seem to be the case. Sorry I'm not a whale like you and able to put god mods on everything, but I'm not trying to attack teams that are massively over my team power level or super speed level compared to me. (though speed does not equal 3000% potency to cause debuffs.)
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Nothing grinds my gears more than seeing people high up without level 15 mods. They're dumbing down the application of mods because people "didn't bother learning the old way", not because it was too complicated. The basics of how mods work and which sets should work best are easily determined by reading a characters abilities or just doing 2 minutes of forum browsing. If you can't bother getting a full set to level 15 then have the wrong sets on the wrong people, then why are you even complaining when all the information is out there for you? Much of it on the same site you're debating "stealth nerfs" on.

Not sure who you're referring to on this one. All my mods on my arena characters are level 15 and 5-dot mods. Plus, I put them on according to what crouching rancor recommends with maybe the exception of GK, but his mods are all level 15 and built for him to survive, not for speed.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

The problem I have with this rubbish. My EP lead team can't do a mass stun but maybe once a week. The AI will do 2-3 mass stuns of my entire team every freakin' match I do. The AI's excessive rolls for itself doesn't help. At the same time, my Bastila team, for a third match now, got obliterated by an EP lead team because it kept landing debuff after debuff on my team with no trouble whatsoever.

If they're going to make tenacity mean something, then do it. Their worthless broken tenacity system is supposed to be fixed by this new mods 2.0 thing happening, but at the same time when I go up against Bastila teams (for weeks now) to try them out and can't land debuffs because they have protection (which grants 150% tenacity) and have to power through, then I put a team in and it gets destroyed because 5, 8, 10 debuffs are stacking up on my team, just days later, then there's a problem.

At the same time, they often have systems get effected by 'other' updates they do in game. So it is very likely that the next phase of mods 2.0 they implemented before the weekend is the cause, if they didn't do a "Stealth nerf" directly to Bastila, Tenacity, etc.

Just frackin' tired of the back n' forth of it. One extreme to the other, letting the AI have better stats, and so on. The RNG of what "could" happen is way too broad. "Well, the AI has 15% chance to get through!" (which means, the AI has a 150% chance to do whatever it wants....)

If this is how Bastila with a zeta on her responds as a lead (any and every debuff hits), then I'll ask support to take the darn thing off her and I'll put it somewhere else. Because from my point of view it is acting like it did the first week or so before they did the "fix" as it didn't work correctly on implementation.

Umm.. No mods 2.0 is not going to fix anything with tenacity. Tenacity sets went 10%-20% or 30%-60% with 3 sets. As many are finding out small amount of potency modding can over come +150% tenacity how the kitten is +60% gonna help any team that doesn't already get a huge tenacity boost? Answer it isn't. Tenacity is easy to over come and traya lead will run supreme in arena for a while, especially when people realize they just need to bump sion and dn potency and than they will be debuffing the bastila Jedi enough to wreck havoc.
  • Options
    I’m guessing not being able to rapidly eliminate your enemy means your opponent has extra turns in which to debuff you. vs. zzEP teams you should have survived Vader’s AOE and wrecked them in the first 2 turns.
    I do also wonder whether GK is the right tank (I see you are using him). I use Old Ben and Ability Block their whole team Turn 1. By the time that wears off it’s 5 vs 3.
    1) You can still get debuffed - it’s just harder.
    2) Old Ben is your friend
    3) Your damage dealers need gear and the right mods - also lvl them to 15 please.

Jedi require Bastila’s protection, augmented by a taunting tank and GMYs foresight.
    They need 2 high damage dealers.
    They highly benefit from Old Ben and his Mind Tricks and Taunt.
  • Options
    I’m guessing not being able to rapidly eliminate your enemy means your opponent has extra turns in which to debuff you. vs. zzEP teams you should have survived Vader’s AOE and wrecked them in the first 2 turns.
    I do also wonder whether GK is the right tank (I see you are using him). I use Old Ben and Ability Block their whole team Turn 1. By the time that wears off it’s 5 vs 3.
    1) You can still get debuffed - it’s just harder.
    2) Old Ben is your friend
    3) Your damage dealers need gear and the right mods - also lvl them to 15 please.

Jedi require Bastila’s protection, augmented by a taunting tank and GMYs foresight.
    They need 2 high damage dealers.
    They highly benefit from Old Ben and his Mind Tricks and Taunt.

Usually within my first set of turns, EP is gone. But, that is not withstanding the fact they all end up with debuffs on them that end up becoming more than the buffs do. I maxed out my GK, my Old Ben is not as capable as GK at this point. I don't have the zeta on old ben (which I've seen is a necessary to be on a Bastila Arena team from all the videos I've watched) while at the same time my GK abilities are all maxed out and he's gear 12 and has over 100K health and protection.

And as I mentioned to the other guy, my mods are max level. lol. I was doing some mod switching yesterday and building of toons yesterday, which could be why they look like they suck more than they do. But, I do have them lvl 15 and 5-dot. (And even after farming speed mods for the last two months 3 days a week, I still only have one freakin' mod with 17 speed, that's my highest secondary. That's the kind of RNG luck I have to deal with. Months of crap speed secondary RNG.)

I'm more than happy to hear input, but at the same time, when I see something so troubling as this, it does upset me while at the same time repeated attempts against comparable teams that drop 10 debuffs on my team in 2 melees doesn't help.

Oh and for the other guy, I'm not going against Traya! No Trayas in my far forward sight! Bastila gets beat by Traya, Traya by JTR/EP? and EP by Bastila so there is more r/p/s going on in arena, which I'm fine with.
  • Gannon
    1630 posts Member
    Options
    I do also wonder whether GK is the right tank (I see you are using him).

I agree with most of what you said, but I've actually tried all the tanks, they all have some benefits, except maybe mace.. But he hits hard. My favorite is Kanan, modded for hsr. His survivability is amazing. I switched to gk recently tho, cuz like you said, speed is key to the win, and his team cleanse and mass assist can drastically change the outcome of battle.
  • Options
    8ycjboaagjbm.png
    I don’t think Bastila got stealth nerfed, this is the most debuffs I’ve ever seen on my team. I took this screenshot about half an hour ago. The enemy team wasn’t modded for potency. Of the other two sith teams I fought today, only the unrisistable ability block from Vader stuck, no other debuffs. She’s still working for me!
  • Options
    8ycjboaagjbm.png
    I don’t think Bastila got stealth nerfed, this is the most debuffs I’ve ever seen on my team. I took this screenshot about half an hour ago. The enemy team wasn’t modded for potency. Of the other two sith teams I fought today, only the unrisistable ability block from Vader stuck, no other debuffs. She’s still working for me!

I'm honestly not sure whether you're being sarcastic or serious on this one. I'd expect that many debuffs at once to not be resisted on my EP team with 30-50% tenacity. But my team with 150-200% tenacity? That's a lot of "15% chance!" occurrences happening at one time.

Seriously, all that shows is the AI is telling you, "oh 150+ tenacity? Hold my beer!" Really. Tarkin alone landed 2 buffs on 3 of your team and 1 on 2 of them. On a team you are saying wasn't "modded for potency".
  • DonnieAndFrank
    332 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    8ycjboaagjbm.png

I'm honestly not sure whether you're being sarcastic or serious on this one. I'd expect that many debuffs at once to not be resisted on my EP team with 30-50% tenacity. But my team with 150-200% tenacity? That's a lot of "15% chance!" occurrences happening at one time.

Seriously, all that shows is the AI is telling you, "oh 150+ tenacity? Hold my beer!" Really. Tarkin alone landed 2 buffs on 3 of your team and 1 on 2 of them. On a team you are saying wasn't "modded for potency".

I would expect tarkin land more debuffs since he stack potency and gain potency up.

Edit: and 20% potency per debuffed enemy so if vader ability blocked someone and nihilus landed health down, its possible to land a lot of tarkin debuffs.

Edit2: and 10% potency for one of the g12+.
    His potency can become really high.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • Options
    8ycjboaagjbm.png

I’m serious. There are 13 debuffs on my team. Eight are from double zeta Tarkin, who stacked his potency twice from his basic, so he had 100% more potency. One debuff was the unresistable ability block, and for the other four debuffs it was just bad RNG.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    8ycjboaagjbm.png

I'm not 100% sure but pretty sure Potency up buff on Tarkin guarantees his debuffs to bypass Tenacity completely, so he should land a lot of them.

Which makes me want to remove Vader and try Tarkin on my EP team now.
  • Options
    8ycjboaagjbm.png

I’m serious. There are 13 debuffs on my team. Eight are from double zeta Tarkin, who stacked his potency twice from his basic, so he had 100% more potency. One debuff was the unresistable ability block, and for the other four debuffs it was just bad RNG.

So, because potency works just fine, it is acceptable to not be able to resist umpteen debuffs because potency is high? Just continues to provide evidence that tenacity is abhorrent and needs to be fixed, which I've seen many relay as a problem. Tenacity is broken and I was hoping mods 2.0 would fix it. But, it doesn't seem as if that will be something that occurs.
  • Options
    8ycjboaagjbm.png

So, because potency works just fine, it is acceptable to not be able to resist umpteen debuffs because potency is high? Just continues to provide evidence that tenacity is abhorrent and needs to be fixed, which I've seen many relay as a problem. Tenacity is broken and I was hoping mods 2.0 would fix it. But, it doesn't seem as if that will be something that occurs.

I'm not exactly sure how the 150 tenacity is added but I would assume that it adds 150% to their base tenacity. So if your yoda for example has tenacity of 30% then that gives you 180% tenacity. Now if the other team has a vader with 80% potency and another 35% from ep lead that's 115% potency. Force crush has the potential to land like 5 debuffs per character. So assuming the chance of success deoends on how much higher the tenacity is than the potency, 20% chance woukd still land 5 debuffs on average.

I'm not sure on the scaling and the percentage chances but it is definitely better when I stack my vader with potency. I would guess if tenacity and potency were equal you would have a 50% chance to land a debuff and if it the tenacity is higher, you would have between a 0 and 49 percent chance. The higher the difference the less chance the debuffs land.

So, if you want your team to almost always resist, mod them for tenacity because it would seem the ep lead people are modding them for potency.

When the mods change, my vader will go from 80% potency to about 100% and more if I can get a 3rd potency set on him. With the palp lead that's 135% or more so that is probably land more debuffs.

The tenacity bonuses are better but you have to mod all five characters if you want them to resist and most people probably don't have that many tenacity sets with good speed. I know I don't have enough potency to put 3 sets on vader, ep, and dn.