13Next

Replies

• Bigbearxba
    250 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Krjstoff wrote: »
    Omegas are way worse...

I agree. But then again, I’m fortunate enough to do very well in fleet and complete pretty much every event that drops zetas.
  • Options
    I'm still getting zetas at a decent pace, but the omega income is definitely not enough. If we aren't getting enough omegas at a sustainable pace, it would be nice if zetas did not require omegas, or at least not at such a high number.
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    Options
    Personally, I have about 80 zetas saved up—enough for 4 zeta abilities. But I went into the single digits on purples this weekend. I have enough omegas for maybe 2 zetas. So for me, I think we have more of a purple and omega crunch. I hate that zetas take boatloads of both.
  • Options
    Omegas, need omegas... Hear hear
  • Options
    For a while there was the zeta crunch - but, yeah, its died off. Definitely more of an omega crunch. Not saying I wouldn't ant more, obviously, but progression feels in line with the game.

Kinda worry I'm going to end up spending ship currency on Omega's... and it just feels like a very raw deal :neutral:
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I made this same post a year ago (almost exactly)

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/124434/the-zeta-crunch#latest

Now at 48 zetas with nearly two ready to be spent...

Even though it’s gotten better... it’s still a struggle to keep up

(My post was quickly moved to “feedback” however... never to be seen again)
  • Options
    Turvantus wrote: »
    Wish I was on a dead shard. :/ I’m surrounded by legendary sea monsters that seemingly throw down house mortgages every week. Meanwhile, guppies drown in their own kiddie pool.

This economic design is 100x worse than when the AH was in Diablo 3. We all know how that ended up. Same content over and over, with little rewards vs time invested - while p2w kept dominating charts. Devs practically killed their own game out of greed. Changing the economics by taking out the AH and improving drop rates didn’t save the game because it was too late. Damage done. Additionally, improved rates didn’t translate into quality. Just more garbage quantity.

Different game I know, but principles are the same simply due to the design of this game. It’s a repetitive loot grind system with very limited content. Most people who defend this system fall into four categories.

1) Legendary sea monsters.
    2) Old shard players who even as f2p have developed deep rosters.
    3) Those who had it hard, thus everyone should have it hard.
    4) Players new/old alike, with an elitist ego.
    - I can accomplish X easily, so you should be able to too. Yet, there’s only so much room in the ranking systems. Not everyone can be an elitist. We would all like to be top 10, 50, or even 100, though it can’t be done. We would all like to be top 3, or even 10 in raids. We would all like to be blessed enough to be in a top ranking guild.

Point is that for the vast majority to be successful; they needed to realize from the get-go that this “game” required the mentality of a career. Not just any career though. This career the employees pay the management, or work for bread and water (just enough to keep you going).

We’re more than organic meat bags with wallets. Just not to them.

I guess I am option 2 in your category.

Used to play Diablo 3 back in the day. And yes. It was such a repetitive grind.. no wonder people made software to automate runs.

This game could do with an auction house. Swap excess Traya shards for gear. 1 shard for 5 mk5 stun gun salvage
  • Options
    Honestly, if I could ask for anything at all, it would be for zetas to just require zeta mats. That would solve the omega crunch, and I think almost everyone would be happy with that. Requiring 20-40 ability mats, 10-13 omega mats, plus your 20 zeta mats is just greedy.
  • Options

This game could do with an auction house. Swap excess Traya shards for gear. 1 shard for 5 mk5 stun gun salvage

You mean like the shard shop?

• Options
    Can't forget about those Ability Material IIIs either. For a material used to upgrade all abilities passed level 3 it is incredibly scarce and If you have enough zeta mats for a zeta you also need 20-40 of the Ability Material III also in addition to13 omega all for 1 ability upgrade. I'm not saying a zeta ability shouldn't require it, but **** the Ability Mat IIIs even with the weekly challenges and omega battles are so scarce compared to the I & IIs. I get omegas and Zetas being a pain to get, but the Ability Material III should be alot easier. I am constantly short on the IIIs and yet have like 980 of the IIs and 1200 of of the Is. If more and more characters are going to be released and more faction specific teams needed for different events and legendaries than they should also increase the rate at which we get the ability materials required to upgrade abilities passed level 3 too.
  • Options
    Kreontas wrote: »

No i mean to the wider community. What will someone give me for 7 excess traya shards that i am about to get. Etc etc
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

No i mean to the wider community. What will someone give me for 7 excess traya shards that i am about to get. Etc etc

While not a bad idea, it doesn't open a door to abuse. We have seen the stuff people will do to start a new account with a head start, I think a 7* traya 2-3 months into the game would probably catch on too.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

While not a bad idea, it doesn't open a door to abuse. We have seen the stuff people will do to start a new account with a head start, I think a 7* traya 2-3 months into the game would probably catch on too.

They can already let their alt account into a guild that has hstr on farm and get traya sooner. Since traya is a raid reward there is always the possibility if people riding coat tails to get her.
  • Options
    I honestly don’t see Zeta’s as that much of issue anymore. Before I finished fleet arena and my guild wasn’t consistently winning TWs, I would have agreed with you; now that I’m pulling 6 Zetas just from TW and quite a lot from fleet store, the bad drops on the challenge doesn’t really matter to me anymore. I’m honestly rather flush with zeta mats now, not to mention a lot of Zeta upgrades are rather underwhelming. I don’t think the devs invisioned the player base to Zeta every toon that’s released.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

They can already let their alt account into a guild that has hstr on farm and get traya sooner. Since traya is a raid reward there is always the possibility if people riding coat tails to get her.

Yes, but that is done at the expense of the guild and really requires a mature guild that can do things a player (or 2 ) down.
  • Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    Krjstoff wrote: »
    Omegas are way worse...

Yup. I have 65 zetas and only 41 omegas. Would take another source of omegas over zetas at the moment.

I'm in a weird spot... I have 179 Omegas, 11 Zetas, and 2 Purple Ability Mats. That my friend, is a crunch.
  • Options

Yes, but that is done at the expense of the guild and really requires a mature guild that can do things a player (or 2 ) down.

Yes there are indeed downsides. I think if they made it where you could donate shards within your guild or an exchange within your guild, it could work well. You still have the downsides of letting your brand new alt in your guild with tw ect. But, for example, I akways seem to get nihilas shards on the ds events even though i have him seven stars and have for a long time. In contrast, many guild mates don't have him. It would be good to have the option to have the guild mutually help eachother by giving of trading excess shards as another option to the shard shop.
  • Options
    I personally believed that at first but now that I'm using fleet currency in getting full zetas about every 2 weeks so it's not bad now. But you have to remember, they are game changing and I don't think increasing the rate at which you get them would help, I think it would hurt more.

It’s hard sometimes even farming them to get them. I went two weeks without a Zeta mats in battles. So that doesn’t help.

But let’s say you are super lucky: you get 2 a month consistently (not once in a while but every month).

That would get you 4 in 2 months. They already have 10 Zeta toons you need to do on average every 2 months now plus legendaries. Now keep piling on new marquees and legendaries. It’s like compound interest.

Instead of being ahead you are overwhelmed and just holding onto Zetas for Legendaries or key toons your guild uses in TW.

That's kind of the point.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Yes there are indeed downsides. I think if they made it where you could donate shards within your guild or an exchange within your guild, it could work well. You still have the downsides of letting your brand new alt in your guild with tw ect. But, for example, I akways seem to get nihilas shards on the ds events even though i have him seven stars and have for a long time. In contrast, many guild mates don't have him. It would be good to have the option to have the guild mutually help eachother by giving of trading excess shards as another option to the shard shop.

I agree it would be nice. Just not sure it could be done right to minimize the effects it could have to the health of the game.
  • Options
    I agree that omegas are way worse, I kinda like that zetas are tough else most people/characters would have them added and be less of a significance