Aurra isn’t a Nightsister? Hounds Tooth isn’t a cargo ship?

Aurra Sing looks like a Nightsister. If she’s not, then what is she? Maybe she should be. That would be cool.

If Slave I is a cargo ship, (for the Cargo Contraband event that just happened) then Hounds Tooth is also a cargo ship. I guarantee Slave I is smaller than Hounds Tooth, and Hounds Tooth literally has a cargo bay full of Wookiee pelts and sort of a throne in the center.

Thanks for Hounds Tooth though, it’s a much stronger tank than Biggs Darklighters X-Wing, which should be called Red 3 by the way.

Please change.

Replies

• Options
    Aurra’s mother was human, but we don’t know what species her father was. She’s not a nightsister.
  • Options
    Aurra’s mother was human, but we don’t know what species her father was.

...a satellite?.. .
  • MoBlaq
    583 posts Member
    Options
    Think of Nightsisters being a Cult, not a Race
  • Options
    MoBlaq wrote: »

Are there any examples of Nightsisters that weren't born in Dathomir?
  • ChrisSkywalker
    553 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    It’s been a long while since I watched clone wars but did savage or maul have something to do with dathomir in some way? I can’t remember
  • Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

A cult may limit itself to members of one race / species:
    * all members of the cult are the same race / species, but
    * not all members of that race / species are part of the cult
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Her wiki ... is well hybrid-able ;)

But hounds... large .... size is a bit more hard to hide! Definitely evaulable for the future.
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options
    I guess I always thought Nightsister was more of an affiliation than it was a race.
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

A cult may limit itself to members of one race / species:
    * all members of the cult are the same race / species, but
    * not all members of that race / species are part of the cult

That's a fine dictionary definition. I thought the point made was that just because Aurra is human doesn't mean she's not a Nightsister. So I'll rephrase...

Are Nightsisters a cult where "all members of the cult are the same race / species, but not all members of that race / species are part of the cult"?

If so, wouldn't that answer pretty conclusively answer OP's question?
  • Options
    Nightsister is an order of force users (like jedi and the sith are) from planet Dathomir. All members of Nightsisters are Dathomirians. Aurra Sing is half Human. Her father is maybe dathomirian, we just do not know.
  • Options
    If it makes anyone feel better, I can definitely assure you that Aurra is not a cargo ship and the Hounds Tooth is not a Nightsister. :D
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    If it makes anyone feel better, I can definitely assure you that Aurra is not a cargo ship and the Hounds Tooth is not a Nightsister. :D

There’s a joke in there somewhere about cargo that I’d get suspended for actually making...
  • Options
    Aurra isn't a nightsister.

But Asajj is a bounty hunter who is missing that tag in game.
  • Options
    It’s been a long while since I watched clone wars but did savage or maul have something to do with dathomir in some way? I can’t remember

They’re both part of the male race from there. Which lives separately from the Amazonian witches but I always assumed must have sex with the Night Sisters in order to procreate.

• Options
    Do the Nightsisters procreate with Dathomirian males like Darth Maul? If so, why do none of the Nightsisters have horns considering Devil Horns is usually a dominant gene?
  • Options
    Aurra’s mother was human, but we don’t know what species her father was.

...a satellite?.. .

Lol. Can anyone even explain why there’s an antenna protruding from her skull?
  • Options
    But Asajj is a bounty hunter who is missing that tag in game.
    Characters are snapshots. The Asajj we have in-game is from before she was a bounty hunter.
    Lol. Can anyone even explain why there’s an antenna protruding from her skull?
    Aurra has a variety of cybernetic augmentations. There's even a computer built into her brain.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Feel I should clarify this: Maul, Savage and the Nightsisters are darthomirian zabrak (a localised subspecies of zabrak, see eeth koth for the alternative). The Nightsisters and Nightbrothers clans do interbreed, and originally some of the Nightsisters were human, which is why their appearance differs from normal zabrak (no horns on females, for instance). It's also stated iirc in the clone wars TV series that the Nightsister magicks are not force use, but legit sorcery.
  • Options
    That's... not really what it says. And they go into more detail in Dark Disciple.

Nightsister magic is Force use, drawing on both sides. The Nightsisters have a different relationship with the Force, therefore it manifests differently, and Dathomir is a powerful vergence in the Force, which lets them do some weird stuff. In the parlance of their Force tradition, they refer to their methods as magic, but they were aware of the Force as the same concept as identified by some other traditions.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    It's also stated iirc in the clone wars TV series that the Nightsister magicks are not force use, but legit sorcery.

On her homeworld of Dathomir, Talzin lived as a shaman and Clan Mother of the Nightsisters—a coven of Force-sensitive witches who used magicks to manipulate the wilderness around them and rule their male counterparts, the Nightbrothers.
    This is from the first paragraph of Talzin’s Wookieepedia page which says that they were indeed force-sensitive, but they did also use magick.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2942 posts Member
    Options
    u7ko8vq43dmd.png
    Answer to your cargo ship question.

Wonder why that info isn’t here. Perplexing.