Why is slicing only for paying players?

Prev13
3pourr2
1927 posts Member
You cannot farm all slicing materials and the one needed to go to 6e is not farmable. Lots of words come to mind but free to play is not in those.

Replies

• Options
    It is farmable in the guild store, read the posts. It'll show up after the next reset.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Lol 1500 crystals ya nearly farmable. Its already there not free to play option other than giving up refreshes for shards and gear.
  • MajesticMoose41
    247 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    It's probably gonna be 1 piece for 2500 guild tokens
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    735ujen8ruu7.png
    Not farmable only purchased with crystals. Ftp must now chose between slicing or other farming that requires crystals for refresh.
  • Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Lol 1500 crystals ya nearly farmable. Its already there not free to play option other than giving up refreshes for shards and gear.

The guild store .... Uses guild tokens....
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    It's probably gonna be 1 piece for 2500 guild tokens

My guild store updated and has 3 Mk 2 Pulse Modulator for 450 tokens.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    If the mark 2 pulse modulator goes to guild store it would be better but i doubt we will see it there.
  • Options
    Mod battles 9 apparently has battles that you can get slicing stuff in.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    i50dq68lo40n.png
    54e99cb625ve.png
    ghiw0jehahrd.png
  • Options
    Are you just gonna keep ignoring every post about them being in the guild store?
  • Options
    ityza3zhj3qq.png
  • Options
    People who pay get the good stuff first so those of us (like me) that don't pay can get them for free...after the payers.

Why is this of any surprise to anyone?
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    Options
    Are you just gonna keep ignoring every post about them being in the guild store?

I think he's confusing the weekly shipment store with the guild store.
  • Options
    To help you understand, as it seems you didn't read the update notes. "Mk 2 Pulse Modulator, that is used to bring mods from Rarity 5 to Rarity 6, can be found in Guild Shipments." Word for word, this answer has already been given.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Lol thanks 3 is still a huge joke
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Lol thanks 3 is still a huge joke

The payed shop only has 40 per week. Even at 3 per refresh you get a lot more from the guild shop than the weekly shop.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Depending on how often it appears. If its like some of the characters that only show about twice a week.
  • Options
    Depending on how often it appears. If its like some of the characters that only show about twice a week.

It has its very own spot.
  • Options
    Dude, I'm pretty sure it'll be in a permanent slot. You're freaking out and getting upset over nothing. P2P is going to have a bit of an advantage like always, but I'm betting they put it in the guild store to keep the gap from getting too large. They aren't stupid, if F2P leaves and the game empties P2P stops giving them money.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    It just gives more reason to run those lower tier str just for fast tokens
  • Options
    So now instead of choosing between cantina character battles or mod battles, we have to choose between guild store characters, guild store gear, and slicing.

Without breaking down the numbers, I think I preferred the old arrangement.
  • Options
    I don't disagree there. I think they have now overloaded the guild store when literally 2-4 of the stores are now useless for older players. My arena store is just feeding me prestige tokens to help my capital ships along and fleet is just for zetas now. Cantina and Galactic war are just shard shop fodder...
  • Options
    So now instead of choosing between cantina character battles or mod battles, we have to choose between guild store characters, guild store gear, and slicing.

I agree with that. Having to spend 3k Guild Tokens per 6 dot mod is gonna kill your ability to gear up characters.
  • Options

Old way:
    Energy: Cantina OR Mods
    Guild store: Gear or toons

New way:
    Energy: Cantina AND Mods
    Guild Store: Gear, toons, or mod slicing

You can now farm both mods and cantina toons, and you can slice mods or not. It's better now, imo.
  • Zmobie
    54 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Maybe if they buffed the raid payouts for guild tokens it wouldn't be so bad, but I was already feeling thin on those to begin with. Now literally every toon I own needs the slicing mats eventually so it's more like gear or toons after slicing mats.
  • Options

I agree with that. Having to spend 3k Guild Tokens per 6 dot mod is gonna kill your ability to gear up characters.

The guild shop was nearly my entire source or gear. I farm every hard node character I don’t have, using basically all of my energy. Now I have no idea what I’ll do. 6 dot mods are a must. So is gear. So I guess cut back on my character farms? But I enjoy character collecting more than mods are gear...Ugh, frustrating.
  • Options

Old way:
    Energy: Cantina OR Mods
    Guild store: Gear or toons

New way:
    Energy: Cantina AND Mods
    Guild Store: Gear, toons, or mod slicing

You can now farm both mods and cantina toons, and you can slice mods or not. It's better now, imo.

Maybe I’m biased because I never had any interest whatsoever in farming mods for energy. The odds of finding a good speed mod were pretty much nothing. Farming characters never felt like a sacrifice to me. For a while I was completely done with characters, and I still chose character nodes over mods because the shard shop credit was more valuable than the shot at a mod.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    The freaking out over how costly they are seems predicated on the idea that you absolutely must slice all your mods on all your characters. That's only really "necessary" for your arena squad and pilots for your arena ships - and even then, only if you're trying to be super competitive.

Otherwise, unless I've missed something, 5-dot mods should be perfectly serviceable for most activities just as they were before. And those are now much easier to farm without compromising your Cantina farms. I'd call it a win, overall.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    People who pay get the good stuff first so those of us (like me) that don't pay can get them for free...after the payers.

Why is this of any surprise to anyone?

That's what I'm saying, I'm a free player as well and I understand that I have to wait longer since I don't pay. It amazes me how many people want stuff for free or in the first 5 minutes.