Django Unchained quote

Prev1
Did anyone else notice that the last Dev announcement, "How do you like the bounty hunting business?" is a quote from Django Unchained and the answer is: "Kill white people and get paid for it? What's not to like?" Hahaha.
My ally code is 185-778-278

"I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the wookiee win." -- C-3PO

Replies

• Options
    Yes I assumed it was in reference to Jango Fett, but it's pretty hilarious that is the quote they chose to use.

I wonder if he'll be both bounty hunter and clone trooper factions.

• Options
    Yes I assumed it was in reference to Jango Fett, but it's pretty hilarious that is the quote they chose to use.

While he is the template to clones, he has no reason to have any synergy with them.
  • Options
    Well, no reason other than it would be totally fun to have a dark side clone trooper. They could even give him a leadership ability that might help make clones more relevant again.

• Options
    Pretty racist. But confirms Jango Fett I believe.

I didnt find their quote to be racist at all, but I am not one that looks for things to offend me. I took it as a quote from Django, dropped the D and thought Jango.

Loving the info Devs, please keep it up. At this point I wouldnt even mind a marquee because I have enjoyed the teases and clues and what not. This is what the game needs, fun interaction between devs and players.

• Options
    Let's hope it means he kills the traya meta.
  • Options
    Jango was not a clone. They were clones of him no way hes getting a clone tag
  • Options
    Obe2Kenobi wrote: »

It won't
  • Options

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Prime_clone
  • Options

Definitely not getting a clone tag, could see synergy though. There a few jedi that have leadership abilities that synergy well with clones. I wouldnt be surprised if something like that happened. But then again, I wouldnt be surprised if there was no synergy. Outside of his DNA he had nothing to do with them.
  • Options
    He’d be a pretty fair candidate for the New Neutral alignment tag too (as would most of the Bounty Hunters, in my opinion).
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

While he is the template to clones, he has no reason to have any synergy with them.

He only trained the first batch personally. I believe that is still canon.
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb love the way you did this teaser. Please do something similar for all new incoming toons! Looking forward to Jango!
  • Boba_The_Fetter
    3393 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Apparently they dropped hints In that charity stream they did recently
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Retrospectively, you could argue clones were neutral (which makes the new tag interesting) and just did as ordered. They were valiant under jedi, but ruthless under Krell (it took a rogue cell with emergent sapience to overthrow him) and later order 66. Why there should be any connection to Jango, who should be dark side, is beyond me any more than a cookie cutter and a cookie.

Edit- MAKE KRELL!!
  • Options
    Well, no reason other than it would be totally fun to have a dark side clone trooper. They could even give him a leadership ability that might help make clones more relevant again.

We already have a dark side clone. He is called Boba Fett. I think the faction is more related with the clone troopers training than their genetic.
  • Options

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Prime_clone

new prime clone tag i can deal with
  • Options
    also Boba is not a clone
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    No reason to make Jango a clone. He was not bred in a lab and raised to be one. He is just a bounty hunter with Mandalorian armor. So no reason to give him anything other than Bounty Hunter and Scoundrel tag.
  • Options
    also Boba is not a clone
    What?!

He was an unaltered clone created in Kamino. Since he wasn’t altered he had a normal growth rate. It was one of Jango's conditions to allow the production of clones from his genetic code.
  • Ultra
    11537 posts Moderator
    Options
    also Boba is not a clone
    You should rewatch Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the clones where young boba fett was introduced to Obi-Wan Kenobi on Kamino

• Options
    Lol. Jango was not a clone.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

Didn't he also design thier training regimen?
    That would give a good reason for him to have excellent clone synergy
  • Options
    Yes he did help train them, which is why a leadership ability that worked with them might be cool.

OK so if Clone Trooper is a stretch for a possible Jango faction, what about a Mandalorian faction, of which he would be a member? There's already several in the game, Boba Fett, Sabine Wren, Gar Saxon and the Super Commando. Jango would be a 5th, rounding out an entire team. There's plenty of characters from every era of Star Wars they could add future characters to this faction as well.

• Options
    also Boba is not a clone

Boba was a pure clone with no genetic modifications.
  • Options
    Fett had only one request for the Kaminoans: the creation of Boba Fett, an unaltered clone whom he would raise as his own "son."
  • Options
    Mzee wrote: »
    No reason to make Jango a clone. He was not bred in a lab and raised to be one. He is just a bounty hunter with Mandalorian armor. So no reason to give him anything other than Bounty Hunter and Scoundrel tag.

Separatist. Hopefully he can get a good Separatist lead ability and make that faction at least feel like a faction. Currently the tag merely exists but isn't used at all in any characters kit.
  • Options
    Teague wrote: »
    Mzee wrote: »

Separatist. Hopefully he can get a good Separatist lead ability and make that faction at least feel like a faction. Currently the tag merely exists but isn't used at all in any characters kit.

Exactly. And hopefully we will see soon some separatist goodness with a GG / droid rework, separatist capital ship, etc.
  • Options
    If you look behind the figure you can see heavy rain and this is probably Kamino.
    Do or don't there is no try