New Hero's Journey?

Prev1
So, since everyone's been rambling about how the new mystery character from the puzzle piece hunt is probably going to be a rebel OT version of Chewie, I've been thinking that this could actually make a Jedi Luke's event a real possibility. The devs have already said that Hermit Yoda & Wampa are never going to be requested for legendary or similar events due to their special farm place. So I theorize the characters for Jedi Luke would be:

-CLS
-Hoth Leia
-Hoth Han
-Lando
-New Chewie

Any thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    when did thy confirm that hermit yoda would never be used for a legendary?
  • Options
    I think we’re still a bit far out for a Jedi Luke hero’s journey. My guess is that would be some time next year, after we see a few more RotJ toons released. Luke’s hero’s journey culminates in him confronting Vader, and Vader defeating the emperor, so the twist may be requiring a 7* Vader to fight the emperor in the last battle.
    I’m putting my money on some other hero’s journey first, if there’s going to be one this year. Potentially a legendary DS Revan followed by a LS Revan Hero’s journey (requiring the old rep toons and DS Revan).
  • Options
    In my opinion, it’s time to see the Dark Side Hero's Journey. Luke, Rey both characters are Light Side.

Bounty Hunters have been reworked. And now.. I guess.. maybe first order could be reworked soon.

Supreme Leader Kylo or Snoke could be possible. Or another sith character is also possible. Dark Side Anakin (a.k.a Lord Vader) would be amazing.

I’m expecting a new debuf which can’t be cleansable: maybe.. Choke?

Anakin choked Padme at Ep.3.
    Kylo did Hux, and Snoke did Rey at The Last Jedi.

My opinion is below,

Dark side Anakin’s Hero’s Demise:
    — Jedi Knight Anakin
    — General Kenobi
    — Mace Windu
    — R2-D2
    — Emperor Palpatine
    (No Tusken No.. I don’t want to farm them.)

Kylo Ren’s Hero’s Journey:
    — Kylo Ren Unmasked
    — First Order Stormtrooper
    — First Order TIE Pilot
    — Jedi Training Rey
    + TIE sliencer / FO TIE Fighter / Kylo’s Command Shuttle
    There is no law that Hero’s journey must consist of characters, not fleets.

cf)
    Jedi Luke Skywalker is also awesome, but I want Hermit Luke Skywalker.

How about Taunt which cannot be removal?
    When Hermit Luke taunts, his speed decrease to a half, and he has damage immunity like Windu’s Captial ships before rework. After finished his taunt, he leaves the battlefield like Hoda.
  • Options
    komji15 wrote: »
    (No Tusken No.. I don’t want to farm them.)

why would you have too? tuskins never help anakin nor do they ever side with him. they are 100% enemies to anakin and you wouldnt need to farm them
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    A jedi Luke has to need Hermit yoda imo... Yoda trained him
  • Options
    mmh, I think it is not probable to see Heremit Yoda, Wampa and raid char in Hero's Journey. In both of the existing ones, we need 4 char+1 legendary
    Do or don't there is no try
  • Options
    You have to follow the current recipes for legendary and journey events.
    With the exception of gmy because of reasons, legendary toons require the opposing force to acquire. Journey toons require an early version of the hero with 4 supporting toons. So you can't have a hero journey for jedi Luke that uses Vader for instance. The logical toons needed for jedi Luke would be CLS, rolo, Chan, hoda and R2.
    A first order journey for a new kylo is unlikely because we have the latest version of him already. We also lack 5 named first order toons. The issue with doing dark side journeys are that with the exception of anakins demise to the dark side, there are very few dark side journeys, and they all happen in clone wars and rebels. The two main candidates therefore and assaj (her journey from apprentice to bounty hunter) but then, her journey resulted from being abandoned by dooku. The other is maul. I know it comes up a lot but it really does make sense. His first fight would be alone against gqj, he would have a fight against savage (to see who was the master between them), then against sidious along with savage, one against GK and assaj together. Those fights all lead up to solo maul as the head of crimson dawn. They usually like a 5th fight in there so no sure which they'd pick
  • Options
    mmh, I think it is not probable to see Heremit Yoda, Wampa and raid char in Hero's Journey. In both of the existing ones, we need 4 char+1 legendary

CG can do whatever they want, just like they made Han solo and leia farmable for BH event

• Options
    Also they've all be out long enough
  • Options
    It would be ridiculous for CG to not make Hermit Yoda a requirement for Jedi Luke. Wampa doesn’t make sense but Hoda does. CLS, Hoda, Rolo, Hoth Han, and Lando all make the most sense for Luke’s journey in Empire. Everyone keeps making the mistake of assuming Jedi Luke’s journey will take place during ROTJ, but that doesn’t fit the recipe for Luke’s last journey. It’s Empire toons that will be required and Luke’s final battle should be against Vader.

For a Hermit Luke, then CG could finish out his journey with the ROTJ events and toons.
  • Options
    It would be ridiculous for CG to not make Hermit Yoda a requirement for Jedi Luke. Wampa doesn’t make sense but Hoda does. CLS, Hoda, Rolo, Hoth Han, and Lando all make the most sense for Luke’s journey in Empire. Everyone keeps making the mistake of assuming Jedi Luke’s journey will take place during ROTJ, but that doesn’t fit the recipe for Luke’s last journey. It’s Empire toons that will be required and Luke’s final battle should be against Vader.

For a Hermit Luke, then CG could finish out his journey with the ROTJ events and toons.

+1
  • Options
    Locke4209 wrote: »

Yes, where was this said? When? And who said it?
  • Options

I agree. If CG doesn’t make Hoda a toon requirement for Jedi Luke, it’s kinda disrespectful to the source material. Hoda is absolutely huge in the development and training of Luke!
  • Options

I agree. If CG doesn’t make Hoda a toon requirement for Jedi Luke, it’s kinda disrespectful to the source material. Hoda is absolutely huge in the development and training of Luke!

Remember when ally points weren’t going to be used for anything either- twice. Not taki g shots but things change. Just want to know the source so I can see how recent and which regime it was under.
  • Options
    I think Darth Sidious is more likely than Emperor Palpatine for Anakins demise.
  • Options
    There is a very simple reason why Hoda will not be required for a legendary event: CG can't monetize him. Unless they move him to another location that costs crystals, don't expect Hoda.
  • Options
    Thrawn42 wrote: »
    There is a very simple reason why Hoda will not be required for a legendary event: CG can't monetize him. Unless they move him to another location that costs crystals, don't expect Hoda.

OT Chewy is the money maker not Hermit Yoda.
  • Options
    Yeah, please, let's not give them ideas, I won't be looking into Hermit Yoda for probably another year.
  • Options
    Thrawn42 wrote: »

Why? Hoda packs can be made in two clicks. Some people probably don’t have him...
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    I’ve never read Hoda (hermit yoda) wouldn’t or couldn’t be used as an event unlock. Even if it is true that Hoda is not in a Legendary event, a Journey is much more difficult to obtain characters.
    All we can do is speculate...
  • Options
    I don't see how you have a JK Luke Hero's Journey taking place during ESB that doesn't include Hermit Yoda. I don't see Lando being required either since Luke had no interaction with him until the very end of the movie. I think either a OT Chewie or C-3PO legendary event is most likely for that fifth required toon.
  • Options
    With the new legendary event not confirmed yet, I think C-3PO or Bounty Hunter Leia are still possibilities and could also play into a Jedi Knight Luke hero's journey. My guess would be
    -CLS
    -Raid Han
    -Leia (one version or another)
    -Lando
    -R2/C-3PO
  • Options
    With the new legendary event not confirmed yet, I think C-3PO or Bounty Hunter Leia are still possibilities and could also play into a Jedi Knight Luke hero's journey. My guess would be
    -CLS
    -Raid Han
    -Leia (one version or another)
    -Lando
    -R2/C-3PO

Bounty hunter Leia wasn’t in Empire, so it’ll be Rolo.
  • Options
    NikWolver wrote: »
    Guys in Rey's journey we didnt even get to see kylo killing han. In my opinion it's totally up to the devs to make it since the game pays almost zero attention to lore accuracy. Hell they even made characters like biggs or ewoks actually a threat. Anyway, I just told you what I know about hermit yoda & wampa. Im sure the post is out there somewhere to find. Regardless as said above all we can do is speculate due to the very fact that the game doesnt follow the lore strictly. So surely they could make lando a requirement or even introduce c3po or bounty hunter leia. No reliable predictions can be made so who knows

They couldn't fit the while movie into the Hero's Journey and cut a scene. Probably so it wasn't a carbon copy of the CLS Hero's Journey (that's just speculation). They didn't throw in random characters that weren't in the movie or didn't cross paths with Rey (no Poe for instance). I think a new Hero's Journey will stick close to whatever plot it's pulled from.

Add me to the list of folks that would love to see you produce proof of the devs saying Hermit Yoda and Wampa won't be in a Hero's Journey. I believe I could have missed this. I find it hard to believe everyone else did too. Prove us all wrong ;)

• Options
    My money is a solo story legendary to unlock OT chewie and a ship legendary for OT Falcon in the near future.

I think we'll get revan as a hero journey and he'll fill the neutral alignment. I expect carth will be a legendary with an old republic leadership. Right now such an event would be hard since Bastila is the only one with a leadership and it only benefits her and Jolee which will make any event really hard.
  • Options
    For new luke, whenever it comes, I could see CLS, Hoda, C3PO (Legendary), and 2 new characters yet to be released. I don't think they would make it easy to get the first go around. I don't think they would use R2D2 again as he was required for CLS.