Smuggler´s run stars Requirements

Replies

• Options
    JiggyMoose wrote: »
    Well, don't most people have the vets and raid Han at 7* now? And Qi'ra and Lil' Han are easy easy farms too. There is your 5. Would be nice to see regular Lando there too

You’re going to need g11/12 most likely for the top tier, so the question is do you really want to gear the vets that high? As I mentioned in my previous post, if you’re thinking long-term, probably not. You probably want to gear solo characters instead. The solo characters, like Lando and L3 can be used elsewhere. The entire Solo team may also be needed for something in the future like an event or possibly TB like Rogue One and Phoenix are. I just don’t see the vets being useful elsewhere so I don’t really want to gear them just for this event.
  • Options
    ThisYeezy wrote: »
    It should follow the same pattern as credit heist so expect to have five 7* smugglers required for the final tier.

There aren't any star requirements for credit heist.
  • Options
    I find this to be nothing but a cash grab to get people to spend time and effort on yet another failed faction that has no use other than a single gear event.

An interesting argument given literally no cash is required to farm 5 smugglers.

An interesting observation considering most people have been focused on other teams for HSTR and will now panic buy crystals to panic buy gear from the crystal store to insta gear their smuggler Solo toons. If you have GS 11 three and four star Solo toons, good for you for foresight.
  • Options
    I find this to be nothing but a cash grab to get people to spend time and effort on yet another failed faction that has no use other than a single gear event.

An interesting argument given literally no cash is required to farm 5 smugglers.

An interesting observation considering most people have been focused on other teams for HSTR and will now panic buy crystals to panic buy gear from the crystal store to insta gear their smuggler Solo toons. If you have GS 11 three and four star Solo toons, good for you for foresight.

Imo there's no reason for the panic mode. The payoff is not that high and it's not like this is the only source we can get the mod mats.
  • Options
    JiggyMoose wrote: »
    Well, don't most people have the vets and raid Han at 7* now? And Qi'ra and Lil' Han are easy easy farms too. There is your 5. Would be nice to see regular Lando there too

Considering my guild of 84 million gp has very few vets at 7*, I'm going to say no, most people don't....
  • Options
    Given everyone has been madly farming Solo toons, the burning question has to be whether or not this is the only use for the Solo toons or if we can still expect another event with young Lando and L3?

Also those rewards just show slicing gear but wonder what the other slots will be?
  • Options
    does anyone else have [event_smugglers_run_character_preview] instead of a count down timer?
  • Options
    does anyone else have [event_smugglers_run_character_preview] instead of a count down timer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBKXu3Kg4yg
  • Options
    When is the event??? Anyone know
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »

A simple yes would've sufficed.
  • Options

But that's not nearly as fun.
  • Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

• Options
    The Solo characters are all useful and worth the farm. Smugglers/Scoundrels really need a new leader though, so hoping Beckett might bring one.
  • Options
    What would Beckett’s leadership be. Gives missions from afar: Beckett safely aboard his yacht, gives a -30 morale debuff to all ally smugglers. Luke Hoda, Beckett disappears if he is threatened in any way.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    What would Beckett’s leadership be. Gives missions from afar: Beckett safely aboard his yacht, gives a -30 morale debuff to all ally smugglers. Luke Hoda, Beckett disappears if he is threatened in any way.

You are talking about Dryden Voss I think. ;) Beckett is Woody Harrelson.

I dont know. Hypothetical Leadership:

Puttin' together a Crew: All Scoundrels start each Battle Prepared, and become prepared whenever they use a special ability. When a scoundrel become prepared they gain 30% turn meter. All Scoundrels gain 30% Evasion and dispel all debuffs when they evade.

Or somesuch.

vunveqmh9h3s.jpg
    Post edited by VonZant on
  • Options
    So are we expecting it to start at the same time as a heist today?
  • Options

Imo there's no reason for the panic mode. The payoff is not that high and it's not like this is the only source we can get the mod mats.

This. The rewards are so so. Not even enough to slice a blue mod.
  • Options
    did the event (hardest tier) with zhan zolo (both g12) qi'ra g11 and the vets both g8 and omega'd
  • Options
    Aldaron wrote: »

Over 2 days you get 1.2 million credits, 24 mods, and a bunch of slicing materials including 8 of the gold mats you can’t get from mod energy (alone worth 1200 guild currency). Nothing is exclusive, so I would agree it’s not worth panic farming for, but those are still extremely good rewards, especially if this runs routinely.
  • Options

Over 2 days you get 1.2 million credits, 24 mods, and a bunch of slicing materials including 8 of the gold mats you can’t get from mod energy (alone worth 1200 guild currency). Nothing is exclusive, so I would agree it’s not worth panic farming for, but those are still extremely good rewards, especially if this runs routinely.

I knew this was coming. To some people the dog leftovers are better than nothing. I don't agree, I get more than that with my regular farming every day.
  • Options

I knew this was coming. To some people the dog leftovers are better than nothing. I don't agree, I get more than that with my regular farming every day.

I assume that "dog leftovers" are better than nothing to pretty much everyone, but if that's not the case for you personally i'd suggest you just skip the event since you'd rather have nothing.
    Extremely good might be exaggerated, but the rewards are definately solid imo.
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »

You may not know what extremely good means...

If you convert its value to crystal cost, it’s about 3000 crystals, or $20 worth of stuff that you weren’t getting and didn’t even know about a week ago. Seems silly to complain about an extra event with quality rewards.
  • Options
    I can get to the last fight of the hardest tier but then the DT's shred me. They have some locked buff that lets them shoot through prot. Anyone have a solution for this besides VanChew (mine is only 5*) to bring folks back? Also anyone who used Raid Han notice enemies going before his first move? Were they trained by Greedo?
  • Options
    Maxx121312 wrote: »
    I can get to the last fight of the hardest tier but then the DT's shred me. They have some locked buff that lets them shoot through prot. Anyone have a solution for this besides VanChew (mine is only 5*) to bring folks back? Also anyone who used Raid Han notice enemies going before his first move? Were they trained by Greedo?

That's pre-loaded TM on the enemies to increase the difficulty, lots of event use this mechanic.
    The trick is to go into the final wave with a prepared qira in order for her to be able to dispel both taunts, follow up with vet han AoE to trigger the staggers and stun one of the shore's, stun the other with raid han. Once youve done all that you can focus down the DTs, they aren't that beefy.
  • Options
    Maxx121312 wrote: »

Enemies start with 100% TM unfortunately. What team are you running? You’ll want to make sure Qira is prepared and has her AOE dispel up and ready for the final round.
  • Aldaron
    175 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I assume that "dog leftovers" are better than nothing to pretty much everyone, but if that's not the case for you personally i'd suggest you just skip the event since you'd rather have nothing.
    Extremely good might be exaggerated, but the rewards are definately solid imo.

True but that doesn't mean it's good considering that team they ask for the event. Mediocre at best.

If you convert its value to crystal cost, it’s about 3000 crystals, or $20 worth of stuff that you weren’t getting and didn’t even know about a week ago. Seems silly to complain about an extra event with quality rewards.

How did you get to that figure? I'm sure I get more slicing materials (much more) in a single day of farming with the 3 50 crystals recharges. The mods weren't great and I wouldn't have bought even one of them in the store.

The rewards would be good if were enough to slice a purple or a gold mod.