BH bonus shards [Event has not started yet]

Replies

• Reys_Drunk_Dad
    10 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    They probably did this on purpose because theyre evil EA pawns.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    What is crazy, is that we are relying on tribal knowledge and tips on a forum outside the game because we cannot rely on explicit in game communication from the developer.

This actually costs people crystals and energy. Fix it CG. Please.
  • Options
    1hasnoname wrote: »
    My god, people
    You can look at the rewards and see that there is nothing new
    You can look at the nodes and see they aren't glowing
    You can remember that when there is a drop event there is a symbol on the right side of the home screen
    You can use your head and realize that Friday doesn't start at the same time everywhere
    You can use your head and figure our that "starts Friday" might not mean at the stroke of midnight
    You can realize you have gone 0 out of ??? and stop to check to see if the event is active yet instead of wasting refreshes.

This is your fault, own it.

I agree 100%. This thread is sad, imo.
  • J2db1977
    3 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    They are now refunding. So it’s clearly their issue.
  • Options
    J2db1977 wrote: »
    They are now refunding. So it’s clearly their issue.

huh?
  • Options
    My god, people
    You can remember that when there is a drop event there is a symbol on the right side of the home screen
    You can use your head and realize that Friday doesn't start at the same time everywhere
    You can use your head and figure our that "starts Friday" might not mean at the stroke of midnight
    You can realize you have gone 0 out of ??? and stop to check to see if the event is active yet instead of wasting refreshes.

totally agreed...

i do not think all ppl wasted 600 crystals was new players....

• Options
    They just need to extend it a day.
  • Options
    bisto_760 wrote: »
    They just need to extend it a day.

Sure that will totally compensate for throwing out 600 crystals.
  • Options
    it says Friday the 21st and it definitely is in aus at the mo... I'm @ 0 on both accounts with too many now wasted refreshs.. great head start to the chewbacca event =/
  • Options
    Have you even checked the nodes to see if there are bonus shards in there?
  • Options
    Would be nice to have an admin or dev (if awake already) clarifying this....
  • Options
    Ninho wrote: »

At least customer support is up and at it. They told me not to spend any more energy and that they have received multiple complaints. So there’s that.
  • Options
    My god, people

Completely agree! Yes today is Friday but where does it say what time this will start? It doesn’t. Check your rewards before doing a battle. Quit trying to blame someone else for your lack of watching what you are doing.

....and go drink a beer, it’s a game.
  • Options
    A couple of thoughts to those who say you should know this or that.
    When we play a game, even a strategy one, we are not supposed to spend several years studying what is what, how it works, and possibly writing client-side patches to fix errors, after which paying the developer for allowing us to resolve the issues ourselves. People play a game to relax, not to get educated in possible game mechanincs failures.
    When a developer announces that an event starts at a certain time, we are not supposed to hack the game code to check if the event has actually been implemented, and if it works correctly. A developer announcement is supposed to be literal and true. If not, they send players a compensation for miscommunicating.
    And finally, yes, randomness can be bad, but this game allows you to collect shards by farming nodes AND spending crystals rather than by just spending crystals at a fixed 80 crystals per shard rate. So trying to explain to somebody that the assumption of randomness sometimes producing worse results than a fixed yield is stupid means at best you have no idea what you are talking about. A 90% chance to get nothing and 10% chance to get something does not mean in 10 runs we get a certain 1 shard, it means that in 10,000 runs or more we are likely to get around 1,000 shards, it is called law of large numbers. And I highly doubt anybody would be spending thousands of dollars to check if the probabilities are correctly implemented.
    And yes, we understand that in any game the good will be mixed with the bad, but as long as we pay, we have a right and entitlement to demand a good product. Otherwise the developers stand at a risk of losing our money, which is a definitive lose-lose. So with all undue respect to those *advisers*, folks you can pay for a broken car because you *should be* the leading world mechanic to be able to test all possible failures it might have and because everyone knows (meaning every mechanic after spending 10 hours intensive checks) that something is a sign of a problem, so your money should never be refunded if you buy a defective car, after all it is totally and only your fault.
  • Shellzbutt
    300 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    You will know when the bonus drops are active because the main screen will have bonus drops showing as they normally do like 2x drops etc etc.
    They will probably take effect at refresh
  • Options
    Why send an in game message if it’s not active.... it’s just simple communication clarity that is needed!

Assuming everyone knows exactly how the game worked last time and thus will inherently ‘know’ to wait is the height of laziness- have CG never heard of Customer Experience.

Could have been done in many ways... make sure the comm doesn’t activate until the bonus drops do, or add a statement to the comm that says ‘will start today - wait for the glory node icons to know it’s active’.

Yes most experienced players will avoid the pitfall, but that’s absolutely no excuse for shoddy comms.

They are running a business here and we are their customers.
  • Options
    Interesting, I logged in this morning to sim some BH shards, noticed that none of the nodes showed additional drops.....so I waited.

I actually came to the forums to check the start time and low and behold we have this thread.

Anyone who has been here for more than a few months already knows better.

Quit complaining and have some patience, it's not even 7 AM EST yet....
  • Options
    Tynnribbe wrote: »
    Botzone1 wrote: »
    I think this event will fail to hit the spot. The BH everybody wants is Bossk and hes only achievable in nodes that no one should currently be farming.

This is non-sense. What planet are you living on? Not everyone has played since start. Id argue the majority of players have shards left there. Personally ive played 2 years and still have shards to farm on tier 7 (holdo, visas). Ive had several other node priorities before i started on them around the summer.

Relax. And use your brain. Its not all about you.

Not everything is well thought out. And if your farming Holdo and visas right now instead of Kotor and Han SLO movie then we may not be going in the same direction,
  • Options
    This is a Crystal Apology Refund thread. All those "less perceptive ppl" who write here about how other ppl should have known event wasn't active yet should think for a second. How can you not get it?
    You can see your nodes dont glow but you certainly cannot read between the lines.
  • Options
    Ninho wrote: »

Poor developers... drive to work. Walk into their office. Boot up their computer. SWGOH Riots everywhere. Rage Quits. Torches and pitchforks out. Everything crashing and burning. Just another day on the job haha.
  • Options
    Tynnribbe wrote: »
    I think this event will fail to hit the spot. The BH everybody wants is Bossk and hes only achievable in nodes that no one should currently be farming.

This is non-sense. What planet are you living on? Not everyone has played since start. Id argue the majority of players have shards left there. Personally ive played 2 years and still have shards to farm on tier 7 (holdo, visas). Ive had several other node priorities before i started on them around the summer.

Relax. And use your brain. Its not all about you.

Not everything is well thought out. And if your farming Holdo and visas right now instead of Kotor and Han SLO movie then we may not be going in the same direction,

I am farming all of them. 50 50 50 100 refresh or so. I stopped visa when kotor was dropped.
  • Options
    They probably forgot or have a bug. With no EU devs to fix it.
  • Options
    Clear communication could help. One more sentence in the ingame-message and there wouldn't be any misunderstandings and anger.
  • OldGreyBeard
    32 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    "ChristophIV:
    But, they didn't say it started at a certain time.
    And to all those that wasted crystals early doors, then after being told they weren't active yet, are you aware what Einstein said repeating the same thing and expecting a different result is a sign of?"

You seem to be taking this rather personally to stoop to insulting other people that have a different opinion from yours. But hey, it's the internet. Go be a hero.
    Real Old Timers and Misfits - Officer

OldGreybeard 763-474-659
  • Options
    I guess somebody forget to switch on the event... I guess somebody will lose his job...
  • Options
    Anyone feeling significantly out of pocket.... cantact Customer Service.