Do you think Chewie will “require” Bossk, Embo, Aurra, or Jango?

Prev1
I know they probably wont make it a required character, but what are the chances they mame the event so difficult that one of the panic farm toons is essentially required. I have 6 7* bounty hunters but im 140 shards off having Bossk 7*. I want Chewie so bad because I am sick of being forced into Dark Side teams, its about time the pendulum swung, Ive got 12k crystals saved up and will get Bossk if hes necessary but I really hope not.

Replies

• Any 5 BH they said. That’s all.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • I know but I mean like constructively making them a requirement, like how the galactic bounty event tiers basically require bossk because you need the survivability
  • Well those rebels do pack a punch and those BH are super squishy... I’m affraid Bossk will be a hidden requirement.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Globuhl wrote: »
    Well those rebels do pack a punch and those BH are super squishy... I’m affraid Bossk will be a hidden requirement.

This. Difficult event + squishy toons = sad times.

Not required but Embo is a good damage dealer who is not squishy, so he seems like a solid addition if it possible to finish him in time.

Jengo lead would be nice, but I'm afraid the event will launch before he even hits the shipment.
  • Globuhl wrote: »
    Well those rebels do pack a punch and those BH are super squishy... I’m affraid Bossk will be a hidden requirement.

I think im gonna start taking refreshes on bossk nodes and farming trash nodes for bonus drops
  • My opinion is that the event might be doable with G12ish old BH, but if you have one or more of the new BH, you may succeed with lower gear level (perhaps G10+).
  • Bossk might be the only requirement. For the rest, hit them more then they hit you and grats on seven star chewy
  • I know they probably wont make it a required character, but what are the chances they mame the event so difficult that one of the panic farm toons is essentially required. I have 6 7* bounty hunters but im 140 shards off having Bossk 7*. I want Chewie so bad because I am sick of being forced into Dark Side teams, its about time the pendulum swung, Ive got 12k crystals saved up and will get Bossk if hes necessary but I really hope not.

I got the felling we will need Aurra Sing leader to have the 7* Chewy. For 5 and 6* the old BHs with high gear will work.
  • IMO Bossk will be needed. Maybe in the leader slot for survivability.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • for panic farming bossk is the conventional wisdom that it's better to spend crystals on energy refreshes to farm all the tier 7 nodes that might drop a shard or buy shards directly in shipments? Chiefly with regards to energy refreshes after the first 3.

By my calculations the first 3 refreshes (150 energy) get you 360 energy total. Which is only enough for 2.25 nodes. Obviously that's good use of crystals since that's basically your dailies + a little from arena payout. Another 3 refreshes are (I think) 300 crystals, which is 40 shy of the base shipment amount (340 for 4 shards). At that point I'm very fuzzy on whether energy refreshes are worth it if all you want from the node are bossk shards.

I'm of mixed feelings myself since I've had past tries where I did all 8 sims on Bossk's normal node and didn't get a single shard. I'd hate for speculation that Bossk will be unofficially required to be right and then miss out on 7* Chewie because I spent crystals trying to get shards in an inefficient way that left me a few short of 7* bossk.

Gearing the 5 BH I already have 7* up to g10/11 should be doable without crystals, getting Bossk to 7* won't be.
  • Bossk is a no brainer, the factions only tank, is one of two only good ship tanks.
  • No, it’s a legendary. They use factions.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Going to try it with Boba(L) dengar zam cad greedo.
    But I have them all at G12, maybe auto will do...
  • Dengar lead might be a viable replacement if survivabilty is needed. I used him to do Rebel Roundup before completing Bossk.
  • Zam zeta lead now heals health and protection. That + RNG might work if we can't use a low star Bossk.
  • To answer the OP, yes. Jango, Bossk, Aurra, and Embo are required as are Boba, Dengar, Cad, Greedo, IG-88 and Zam. They are all bounty hunter faction. Any combo of 5, or less, will be required for Chewie.

If you want CG to tell you farm the new ones because of reasons, ain’t gonna happen.
  • In my humble opinion, G11 bounty hunters will probably get it done, if modded well, no matter the hunters. Let's not forget this is a legendary event, and even though it's been said it will be more difficult, they will eventually want to make a mythic version. I can't see there being such a difficult entry requirement to this thing, but I could be wrong.
  • I have 20K crystals and a nearly 6* G11 bossk. Might dip into my reserves to get him across the line
  • Jarvind
    3918 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I'm sure Bossk will make it much easier, but my guess is that any decently geared and modded BH squad will be able to clear it. I don't really understand all the speculation that the difficulty will be through the roof - it wouldn't be consistent with the legendaries we already have. Even Thrawn, who is widely considered to be the hardest one we have now, can be done pretty reliably with a G8 team with okay mods.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    having a strong lead and payout will in all likelihood be crucial.
    With team composition and gear. Up to 6* should be relatively easy... after that ... no one knows.
  • Maxminus1980
    78 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I'm sure Bossk will make it much easier, but my guess is that any decently geared and modded BH squad will be able to clear it. I don't really understand all the speculation that the difficulty will be through the roof - it wouldn't be consistent with the legendaries we already have. Even Thrawn, who is widely considered to be the hardest one we have now, can be done pretty reliably with a G8 team with okay mods.

Lol till you get wampaed and left wondering why?!

Post edited by Kyno on
  • Maxminus1980
    78 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I’m going with mythic lvl difficulty anything less will be a welcome surprise

I’m talking about the stages where each character takes three turns before you get one.

Yea five star will be no problem. Six and seven ... dark times
  • Darthsetty99
    255 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I’m going with mythic lvl difficulty anything less will be a welcome surprise

I’m talking about the stages where each character takes three turns before you get one.

Yea five star will be no problem. Six and seven ... dark times

So 7* g12+ fully zetad with god mods and really great rng just to have a chance right? If the legendary event is the mystic, what will they do for the actual mystic event?
  • Should be ok, if good RNG and the stars are lined up.

Have to look at the big picture. CG will nerf the sith raid about the same time chewy’s event goes live.

Think they would give us cake and let us eat it without paying the toll?
  • No other legendary has 'required' any specific toon inside the faction. thrawn was doable without chopper albeit harder and higher gear did help. Obviously newer better BH will make the event easier but I'd be surprised if the event isn't beatable with the OG BHs
  • If I was an evil money hungry overlord that strangles kittens and puts their own parents in dodgey nursing homes I'd make the legendary Chewie event take place over a series of planets. Cloud city where heaps of stormtroopers get turn after turn so the only way to win is countering. Then to jabbas palace so you need to sneak about and not get countered heaps (cos they all have counter) so need stealth, and lastly to endor where you finally battle chewie in the ATST (which you need to topple) and so many ewoks you need to revive your guys to win.
  • No other legendary has 'required' any specific toon inside the faction. thrawn was doable without chopper albeit harder and higher gear did help. Obviously newer better BH will make the event easier but I'd be surprised if the event isn't beatable with the OG BHs

No other legendary was released as of late. State of the game is now much different than it was before R2D2 and Thrawn who both marked a change in game design philosophy. Pretty much every character released since then has either specific, good synergy or a very complex ability kit.
    Also no legendary saw multiple marquees released a few weeks prior.
    According to Game Changers, Chewbacca will be meta-defining. CG will allow no average player to jump the bandwagon without the whales having their time for a couple of months first.
  • Xezee wrote: »
    No other legendary has 'required' any specific toon inside the faction. thrawn was doable without chopper albeit harder and higher gear did help. Obviously newer better BH will make the event easier but I'd be surprised if the event isn't beatable with the OG BHs

No other legendary was released as of late. State of the game is now much different than it was before R2D2 and Thrawn who both marked a change in game design philosophy. Pretty much every character released since then has either specific, good synergy or a very complex ability kit.
    Also no legendary saw multiple marquees released a few weeks prior.
    According to Game Changers, Chewbacca will be meta-defining. CG will allow no average player to jump the bandwagon without the whales having their time for a couple of months first.

This is mainly what I was getting at with the OP, the game is so mich different these days. We have seen CG in multiple events increase the difficulty to a supstantial degree (Secrets &Shadows, Galactic Bounties, Mythics), even redesigning events in order to upscale the difficulty (Ground War). Its worth noting that it has been a while since CG released a Legendary character with so many long farmed characters, if the new BH arent essential then its like CG will be tossing us a free one, most of their characters have required some level of Panic farming. Dont get me wrong I would be super happy about that, but it just seems unlikely given CGs tendencies in the second half of the games life thus far. Chewiw has me excited about this game again as the Dark Side revamp really killed it for me.
  • Jarvind wrote: »

Lol till you get wampaed and left wondering why?!

I gotta be honest, I don't really understand what this means.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Maxminus1980
    78 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Wampaed = getting one shot before or killed in one hit before your device loads the level.

Clear as mud? Great

Had a meme there also. Guess it was deleted
This discussion has been closed.