Ok i think we are ready for Jedi Luke now

Replies

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    CG paces out the big hitting characters to string out player investment. If they released Jedi Luke right on top of Revan, it would be a waste.
  • Options
    Jedi Luke will come in time, but I don't see them introducing him this quarter. They're not going to rain on the Revan parade and we all know Jedi Luke is going to be a meta defining character.
  • Options
    About that jedi Luke

Yesterday I was not ready,
    Today I am also not!
  • Options
    Germi wrote: »
    Zinke7 wrote: »
    I have been playing this game little over 4 months now and I don't have any of them and I would like to think that I am not alone.
    I can tell you that number of people with Chewbacca is lot less than what you think it is. There is probably going to be another shot at Chewbacca 3 or 4 months from now and then they might put Jedi Luke in the game. Anything else would be foolish and would result in new player gains for different games.

I would not worry as those will not be the toons for it. I could be wrong but does not follow any current model and would hinder some of the whales which keep the game operating. I could be wrong but to speculate like every one else that is 3 toons hidden behind guild/raid walls. They are not purchable for a whale unlike a journey or legendary currently is.

Do not think RJT ... think CLS.
    Jedi Luke doesn’t have to be over powered.

After all, Hermit Jedi Luke was an uber let down (episode 8). I'm sure Jedi Luke will be too.
  • Options
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    After all, Hermit Jedi Luke was an uber let down (episode 8). I'm sure Jedi Luke will be too.

Luke was solidly trashed in ep. 8 :(
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Options
    If you think Heroes Journey then CLS / CHS / ROLO / HODA / R2 / Chewie would work perfectly a la CLS for an ESB heroes journey. I don't who they could add ... who ? ok C3PO i agree but who else ?
  • Options
    Enerdrizer wrote: »

Mark Hammill himself said "That's not Luke"
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

Let's see what JJ will do to save the man.
    I trust the guy.
  • Options

Let's see what JJ will do to save the man.
    I trust the guy.

The spirit can be saved
    the body not
  • Options
    Jedi Luke is very likely the climax of this game. Yes - it will continue to do quite well afterwards, thanks mostly to all of the new star wars content coming our way, but for a whole generation (or two) of fans Star Wars begins and ends with Jedi Luke.
    When he comes to this game he will kick start the crystal sales and bring back a lot of players who faded out over the last couple years - that button can be pushed only once.When he finally arrives we are probably looking at an expanded hero's journey that will require characters AND ships (millenium falcon, Luke's xwing).
    The next Luke character that we get will be X-Wing pilot Luke. And i'm ready for that-
  • Options
    CHFC22 wrote: »
    But the real question is - who do we want after jedi luke?

Mara Jade with a Chewie/Han synergy with Luke? Or would be pretty cool if they made a phoenix squad out of the rogue squadron characters from the xwing book series.

We also know there will be a HJ to turn jedi Luke into hermit luke and hj to turn hermit luke into ghost luke ;)

Also worth a HJ like event is the OT falcon.
  • Options
    I don't think getting jedi revan will necessarily stop jedi luke from coming in December. In fact teasing revan may stop some from farming luke req and cause more panic farming later for luke.

I already have toons that are likely req 7 stars but if I didn't it'd be hard to decide wheter to focus on kotor or jrdi luke. I think both he and revan are possible together in December.

Think of the panic farm of two heros at the same time. Mega whales that aren't good at prepping would clean out their savings.

As far as the meta goes it could go two ways. They could both be great jedi synergy for the ultimate jedi meta.

Or revan could make jedi meta while luke makes rebels meta for a competing meta. With traya letting ds stay competitive as well.

Then in feb we coukd get either Darth Revan, Darth Malak, or Uninjured Darth Vader.
  • Options
    I am ready for C3PO. And I think you will need C3PO to get Jedi Luke.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Ok i have a fantasy calendar in my head (I know it is lame)

November Jedi Luke heroes journey

Xmas : Jedi Revan Legendary

Summer : darth Revan heroes journey where you need Jedi Revan (and some other toons released in the previous 6 months ... Malak or whatever)

I don’t see how they could bank on JLS so they have to go all in on Revan for the money.

I am almost sure to be completely wrong though.

PS : I do fear the Luke Rebel Pilot
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    GunsAtFour wrote: »
    Luke and C-3PO pretty much never cross paths in ESB, though. And by the time he comes to "save" his friends on Bespin, C-3PO is already in pieces.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Options
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    GunsAtFour wrote: »
    Luke and C-3PO pretty much never cross paths in ESB, though. And by the time he comes to "save" his friends on Bespin, C-3PO is already in pieces.

So true. But then there is Chewie.
    It is almost the same ...
  • Options

Clone Wars Padme, Dark Anakin, Zuckuss, 4Lom, Scout Trooper, Praetorian Guards, Hux, Hermit Luke...

Just like when I was a kid, I want ALL the toys.
  • Options
    Ok i have a fantasy calendar in my head (I know it is lame)

November Jedi Luke heroes journey

Xmas : Jedi Revan Legendary

Summer : darth Revan heroes journey where you need Jedi Revan (and some other toons released in the previous 6 months ... Malak or whatever)

I don’t see how they could bank on JLS so they have to go all in on Revan for the money.

I am almost sure to be completely wrong though.

PS : I do fear the Luke Rebel Pilot

That's too much!
    It would be awesome, but where would be go from there? If you are working on this game you are trying to think at least 2 years ahead. You need to slow play some of this excitement. They want to keep their jobs.

And I am EXCITED for the prospect of pilot Luke!
    I am guessing his x-wing could be wedgelike but slippery like the Tie Fighter.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    twstdbydsn wrote: »

Clone Wars Padme, Dark Anakin, Zuckuss, 4Lom, Scout Trooper, Praetorian Guards, Hux, Hermit Luke...

Just like when I was a kid, I want ALL the toys.

Also all the characters yet to come. Jedi Rey, the Mandalorian, whatever heroes there will be in the RJ trilogy and Benioff-Weiss movies...
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Options

The serious replies to this prove yet again it's very easy to accidentally conceal sarcasm on this Forum.
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    CG paces out the big hitting characters to string out player investment. If they released Jedi Luke right on top of Revan, it would be a waste.

I agree with this. We just got a big event in the new Chewy I am not expecting another event for at least a month or two and in that time I am going to wonder what is going on and try to prepare the best I can. Right now they have hinted at C3P0, Revan, and Jedi Luke. Those are all a lot of iconic characters that are going to be very strong in game, and they are going to just release them on the fly.

• Options

Mara Jade with a Chewie/Han synergy with Luke? Or would be pretty cool if they made a phoenix squad out of the rogue squadron characters from the xwing book series.

We also know there will be a HJ to turn jedi Luke into hermit luke and hj to turn hermit luke into ghost luke ;)

Also worth a HJ like event is the OT falcon.

That's a lot of hand jobs.
  • Options
    Zinke7 wrote: »
    I have been playing this game little over 4 months now and I don't have any of them and I would like to think that I am not alone.
    I can tell you that number of people with Chewbacca is lot less than what you think it is. There is probably going to be another shot at Chewbacca 3 or 4 months from now and then they might put Jedi Luke in the game. Anything else would be foolish and would result in new player gains for different games.

I would not worry as those will not be the toons for it. I could be wrong but does not follow any current model and would hinder some of the whales which keep the game operating. I could be wrong but to speculate like every one else that is 3 toons hidden behind guild/raid walls. They are not purchable for a whale unlike a journey or legendary currently is.

Do not think RJT ... think CLS.
    Jedi Luke doesn’t have to be over powered.

Jedi Luke does not have to be or can be but my point is I do not see the game requiring toons that are hidden behind guild/raid walls. I would expect Jedi Luke to be a top toon if it is a Hero's Journey but it needs to be attainable even for new players that are willing to spend.
  • Options
    Is it bad i dont want or care for jedi luke but wold rather have way more old republic/sith toons? Jedi luke is just overrated to me would rather have more toons that are not in then have more versions of a toon han Leia luke theres all ready to many of them
  • Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    Why does everyone assume Chewie = Jedi Luke? How did Chewie contribute to Luke's journey in ESB/ROTJ? They hugged a couple times and other than that barely interacted.

While that is true, Chewie is quite obviously part of the core group of "good guys" that the original trilogy revolves around. He certainly belongs in a "Heroe's Journey" picture more than he doesn't, in my humble opinion.

• Options
    I don‘t believe that ROLO, CHS, Chewie, CLS and Hermit Yoda are the requirements for Jedi Luke. Too many people already have those. How do you make money with those?

At least 2 toons will be introduced which will be needed at 7* before Jedi Luke will be announced.

Remember, it‘s not about the story or what would be fitting. It‘s only about your money.
    I‘M PICKLE RICK!
  • Options
    Nurgle wrote: »
    I don‘t believe that ROLO, CHS, Chewie, CLS and Hermit Yoda are the requirements for Jedi Luke. Too many people already have those. How do you make money with those?

At least 2 toons will be introduced which will be needed at 7* before Jedi Luke will be announced.

Remember, it‘s not about the story or what would be fitting. It‘s only about your money.

Well obviously the money is coming from Revan. A soothing heroes journey for Jedi Luke is more than ever needed !
    And no not everybody has Hoda 7* and Chewie 7*
  • Options
    If you think revan is a cash grab just wait till jedi luke comes. Jedi luke is a far more important and anticipated character than revan.
  • Options
    If you think revan is a cash grab just wait till jedi luke comes. Jedi luke is a far more important and anticipated character than revan.

This^^^ lol you can ask for Luke (we all want him) but you he’ll drop with 3PO and I’m sure some other **** and you won’t get him lol so I mean ask but unless you’re ready to drop $$$$$$$ You won’t have him. He’s the pinnacle of this game
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    Aeternas wrote: »
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    Why does everyone assume Chewie = Jedi Luke? How did Chewie contribute to Luke's journey in ESB/ROTJ? They hugged a couple times and other than that barely interacted.

While that is true, Chewie is quite obviously part of the core group of "good guys" that the original trilogy revolves around. He certainly belongs in a "Heroe's Journey" picture more than he doesn't, in my humble opinion.

Certainly agree with you, but BH aren't hard to gear/level for 7* Chewie. Rolo/Cap Han have been around for a year, CLS is an obvious requirement, they wouldn't use R2 again as he has his place and Hoda has no monetary value.

My point is, while I completely agree in regards to story, there's no money in it for CG and we know there is zero chance they release a toon like Jedi Luke with such easily attainable requirements.

I'm suggesting we don't currently have the toons that will be needed for Jedi Luke. Oh yes, Endor version of Han here we come.