Content Update 10/10/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    Oh good! Embo still isn’t farmable. He was released 2 weeks after Mission and Z. Why would he be farmable 2 weeks after them? Could’ve given us something with this garbage you call an update. Other than just asking for our money.

This.
    Ooba hutar.
  • Options
    Oh good! Embo still isn’t farmable. He was released 2 weeks after Mission and Z. Why would he be farmable 2 weeks after them? Could’ve given us something with this garbage you call an update. Other than just asking for our money.

This.

Because its 4-6 weeks from the time he went to chromiums. It has been exactly 4 weeks since that day, so there is still 2 weeks of window for his release to a farmable location.
  • Options

I have been excited all day for the update and Embo then....wah wah wah...jokes on me ....what was the hot fix for btw?

• Jeric
    271 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I’m not mad at all. Surprisingly. The lead time is so short that I basically said, “okay I’ll wait.” If they actually gave just one more week I would have easily bought all the packs and a vault, since that would have put me in a better position. I’m still going to focus on OR so I’ll end up with Jedi Revan eventually for free. Saved me almost $200.00 bucks so I really can’t be enraged.
  • Options
    Wait what? You said seriously so I assume you are being serious. If they only did 1 update every 6 months nobody would play the game. Updates keep people playing. I look forward to updates each week, even when it is something minor like this.

Glad I can finally farm the sith fighter! Bring on hounds tooth!

Yes I am serious. I can't pay if I can't play. Poor cell signal keeps me from updating until I find WiFi. Tell me that once or twice a week you wouldn't be upset if you couldn't play, if something or someone actually told you no. You would. I am truly f2p, (with the exception of paying for my cell service) primarily in response to CG/ EA's stance on GW, yeah people get THAT MAD about GW. Keep it the same, don't even try to fix it, we will beat it anyway, WITHOUT PAYING. Anyway, I can't play anytime there is an update until I go get on Wi-Fi, there have to be others suffering from this same affliction, it happens two or three times a month, and I go days without being able to play . . . . or PAY CG LISTEN . . .

Am I waiting on an update like Darth Revan or Jedi Luke? No its something about reduced bounty hunter shards on hard nodes that I never even cared about because I don't run a BH team META or not. I can't even collect bonus energy because of this, let alone be tempted to pay any actual USD.

Seriously I barely care about the update cadence, I really just posted this as something to do while the update updated . . . . still . . . waiting . . . point . . . made . . .

So they should not update their game because .001% of the playerbase has terrible cell service? Sounds like a you problem.

• Options
    Good to see they updated Darth nihlius for the raid . I mean why would their nihlius be as worthy as mine .
  • Options
    why was hk-47 the character of the month not far ago?
  • Matt_Cain_603
    42 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    raybron99 wrote: »
    Wait what? You said seriously so I assume you are being serious. If they only did 1 update every 6 months nobody would play the game. Updates keep people playing. I look forward to updates each week, even when it is something minor like this.

Yes I am serious. I can't pay if I can't play. Poor cell signal keeps me from updating until I find WiFi. Tell me that once or twice a week you wouldn't be upset if you couldn't play, if something or someone actually told you no. You would. I am truly f2p, (with the exception of paying for my cell service) primarily in response to CG/ EA's stance on GW, yeah people get THAT MAD about GW. Keep it the same, don't even try to fix it, we will beat it anyway, WITHOUT PAYING. Anyway, I can't play anytime there is an update until I go get on Wi-Fi, there have to be others suffering from this same affliction, it happens two or three times a month, and I go days without being able to play . . . . or PAY CG LISTEN . . .

Am I waiting on an update like Darth Revan or Jedi Luke? No its something about reduced bounty hunter shards on hard nodes that I never even cared about because I don't run a BH team META or not. I can't even collect bonus energy because of this, let alone be tempted to pay any actual USD.

Seriously I barely care about the update cadence, I really just posted this as something to do while the update updated . . . . still . . . waiting . . . point . . . made . . .

So they should not update their game because .001% of the playerbase has terrible cell service? Sounds like a you problem.

I'm poor is a you problem? Shame on you, I spend on my family not my game. They should plan their updates a lot longer in advance and have at least a months worth of updates that time releases to their cadence. I'm .001 % so that means I don't count?? Really. Human life doesn't count? Even .001% We all count, don't we. I am criticizing CG's flakey couple of times a week release cadence that blocks me from playing like everyone else. That is all.
    I only commented as something to do while the update um, updated . . . still waiting . . .
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options

I'm poor is a you problem? Shame on you, I spend on my family not my game. They should plan their updates a lot longer in advance and have at least a months worth of updates that time releases to their cadence. I'm .001 % so that means I don't count?? Really. Human life doesn't count? Even .001% We all count, don't we. I am criticizing CG's flakey couple of times a week release cadence that blocks me from playing like everyone else. That is all.
    I only commented as something to do while the update um, updated . . . still waiting . . .

Amazing that you dont have service yet you are still posting here. Anyway, have a nice day. Bring me updates every week, I enjoy new content and bug fixes.
  • Matt_Cain_603
    42 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Monel wrote: »

Amazing that you dont have service yet you are still posting here. Anyway, have a nice day. Bring me updates every week, I enjoy new content and bug fixes.

I can post on here but content updates are too large to download, amazing you don't know that. Hot fixes I understand, can't be avoided. But CG/ EA have to know at least 1 month ahead what is going to be released, why not do a monthly content release instead so those less fortunate of us get to play as much as everyone else? On the players end it would still SEEM like weekly content updates, you would still be blissfully happy never knowing the difference. Anyway, I pay the same money as everyone else, how dare it be suggested I am less important because my service sucks. Okay it DOES suck, but if the updates were once a month I would only be unable to at once a month and not several times a month. I cannot be the only Star Wars fan and Star Wars Galaxy of Hero's player who experiences this.
    Thank you for wishing me a nice day, you too.

I am just mad I cannot play my game at the end of my day after work, bottom line, I should be able to play like everyone else.
    Post edited by Matt_Cain_603 on
  • UlicQ
    198 posts Member
    Options

Embo? What about Zam? How long ago was she released but still doesn’t have a farmable node anywhere?
  • Avaiam
    44 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I played the KotOR games when they came out and I've been playing SWtOR since it hit (subbed most of the time and not FTP). So Revan is a toon I have been highly anticipating.

But I would like to thank them for making it this unavailable without spending tons of money. Had it happened in November I'd likely have farmed and bought the packs to make sure I got there. But since I have no shot this time around (even with Bastila already at 7s and JB near 5s) it will save me some money. I wait a little longer without Revan, they get no money from me.
    Post edited by Avaiam on
  • Options
    UlicQ wrote: »

Embo? What about Zam? How long ago was she released but still doesn’t have a farmable node anywhere?

She’s in the guild store and fleet store.
  • UlicQ
    198 posts Member
    Options

Randomly. I just checked and she’s not in either of them for me now. That’s not really farmable. Nest is easier to farm at this point. She at least had a fleet node.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Why was sith fighter not added to the fleet store?

Is the sith fighter that good it gets a node on the level of Nest?/ the other ships that are only there?

Even like Vader's Tie has fleet store spawns....
  • Options
    Thanks for precisely and absolutely nothing devs.
  • Options

Randomly. I just checked and she’s not in either of them for me now. That’s not really farmable. Nest is easier to farm at this point. She at least had a fleet node.

The stores rotate. And I got Zam to 7* fairly easily and she was a huge help getting 7* Chewie. You can get 15-20 of her shards on a good day. Lots of people still can’t beat the Nest fleet battle
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Another hard node. Can't you just officially tell us that all the stores are dead now?
  • Fred48178
    14 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    This is kitten, you just came out with 6 new characters much less giving players to.e to develope them and then you come out with ANOTHER Kotor character port and expect players to rush and develope 5 characters within 8 days! GREED is definitely showing, even with spending on packs, at best, one could hope for 5* characters....this Revan should have waited at least till December or first of 2019. Devs are going to cause people to drop out of the game. Speaking of drops Devs haven't even offered double drops either, as is usual for required characters, to get a new character. I've been playing since day one of this game and I have NEVER seen such a short turn around for a new character event requirements.
    Post edited by Jaxom on
  • Jaxom
    136 posts Member
    Options
    I’m not FTP, I spend a couple hundred a month. Get about 600 crystals a day playing. Farmed them from their release on nodes. Saved 27000 crystals. Would actually by the rio off packs if it put me over the top.

But it won’t. I’d maybe barely 6 Star them by the end of the event. This is the first legendary/heroes journey I won’t get first time.

You make it this impossible for actual paying customers you are well deserving of all the rage now in this forum. It should be achievable for 3 year spenders/ decent planners like me.

But thank you CG. I am now permanently ftp. You just showed my you don’t value me as a customer, only whales. So you can do without mine from now on.

Obviously everyone can make their own decisions, but the 699 faction packs are actually cheaper than buying shards from shipments, and that's even if you get 10 shards every time (which after buying 8 of them, is not at all the case, rates are actually not bad on these). If you are going to spend, and want Revan, those faction packs are a very easy way to get there.
  • Options
    "Obviously everyone can make their own decisions, but the 699 faction packs are actually cheaper than buying shards from shipments, and that's even if you get 10 shards every time (which after buying 8 of them, is not at all the case, rates are actually not bad on these). If you are going to spend, and want Revan, those faction packs are a very easy way to get there."

Very Very much not true, it drops 10 shards of 1 of 5 characters every time. If I have 3 maxed, try to figure out how cheap it will be to max the last 2 by buying the 699 pack? Game is slowly loosing its appeal and a major reason is EAs way of milking its players.
  • Options
    Jaxom wrote: »
    I’m not FTP, I spend a couple hundred a month. Get about 600 crystals a day playing. Farmed them from their release on nodes. Saved 27000 crystals. Would actually by the rio off packs if it put me over the top.

But it won’t. I’d maybe barely 6 Star them by the end of the event. This is the first legendary/heroes journey I won’t get first time.

You make it this impossible for actual paying customers you are well deserving of all the rage now in this forum. It should be achievable for 3 year spenders/ decent planners like me.

But thank you CG. I am now permanently ftp. You just showed my you don’t value me as a customer, only whales. So you can do without mine from now on.

Obviously everyone can make their own decisions, but the 699 faction packs are actually cheaper than buying shards from shipments, and that's even if you get 10 shards every time (which after buying 8 of them, is not at all the case, rates are actually not bad on these). If you are going to spend, and want Revan, those faction packs are a very easy way to get there.
    Sorry bud, but you and I have a different idea of *very easy*. I'm a 3.6M GP dolphin myself, I bought whatever the original packs were and started farming KOTOR characters as soon as they become farmable. I'm still around 900 shards away from all 7*. Averaging 12 shards per pack I'd have to buy more than $300 worth of packs only. And that's not counting the gear and ignoring duplicate shards.

Nah, I'll pass this time. It really surprises me that EA/CG think that they can get more $$ this way. But I guess they have the numbers.
  • Jaxom
    136 posts Member
    Options
    SemiAsp wrote: »
    "Obviously everyone can make their own decisions, but the 699 faction packs are actually cheaper than buying shards from shipments, and that's even if you get 10 shards every time (which after buying 8 of them, is not at all the case, rates are actually not bad on these). If you are going to spend, and want Revan, those faction packs are a very easy way to get there."

Very Very much not true, it drops 10 shards of 1 of 5 characters every time. If I have 3 maxed, try to figure out how cheap it will be to max the last 2 by buying the 699 pack? Game is slowly loosing its appeal and a major reason is EAs way of milking its players.

ok, thank you for making me clarify. I'm obviously not saying people should go ahead and buy them when they have some of the toons at max already..... If you are farming all 5 toons (which I am) they are a worthwhile purchase relative to shipments or even the 14.99-29.99 packs they are selling.

To your point, if you have 3 of them maxed already, you really shouldn't have issues getting them all to 7*
  • Jaxom
    136 posts Member
    Options
    RawdSW wrote: »

Sorry bud, but you and I have a different idea of *very easy*. I'm a 3.6M GP dolphin myself, I bought whatever the original packs were and started farming KOTOR characters as soon as they become farmable. I'm still around 900 shards away from all 7*. Averaging 12 shards per pack I'd have to buy more than $300 worth of packs only. And that's not counting the gear and ignoring duplicate shards.

Nah, I'll pass this time. It really surprises me that EA/CG think that they can get more $$ this way. But I guess they have the numbers.

yeah, but you're ignoring the fact that you can still farm them for 14 days. If you get top spots in arenas, you can managed 3-6 shards a day of each with fairly little issue, so you wouldn't have to spend $300 on the packs. You could always buy 5-10 of the packs, and see where that puts you, then farm hard for 7-10 days until closer to the end of the event and see if it makes sense to buy more packs then. Again, not telling anyone what to do, but I think people who are willing to spend a little can pull this off pretty easily.
  • shb
    49 posts Member
    Options
    There have been a few changes over the last few months that have not felt very good to me. Now, after reading the Revan announcements and considering my options. I'm faced for the first time, looking at new content, and I'm supposed to feel excited, but I just don't.

I just feel disappointed, disgusted, dejected. Playing KotOR was one of my favorite experiences. And I was really excited when they came to SWGOH. I expected Revan would eventually make it and started farming and spending right away. My love an excitement was on an upward trajectory. And then yesterday, it all came crashing down in a way I have never felt before.

And I realized, I don't love the game anymore. So I had to update my rating to reflect my impressions.
    I don't hate it, it's just ok.
    I may go back to hearthstone. Idk, I'm in a weird place and I don't like it.
  • Options
    Jeric wrote: »
    I’m not mad at all. Surprisingly. The lead time is so short that I basically said, “okay I’ll wait.” If they actually gave just one more week I would have easily bought all the packs and a vault, since that would have put me in a better position. I’m still going to focus on OR so I’ll end up with Jedi Revan eventually for free. Saved me almost $200.00 bucks so I really can’t be enraged.

Exactly this
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb or anyone, has there been any indication of the gear levels required. I couldn't find any, but admittedly haven't scoured through every post. Prior Hero's jounery could be down with g8-10 toons. Will this be the same? The gear level requirement for the Chewie Legendary was increased to g11/12, but the event annoucement came with a clear warning of "very difficult", where this annoucement did not. Any clarity you guys can give would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • shb
    49 posts Member
    Options

I'm in the same situation as you, and it seems to be a common one I'm hearing.
    I think most people expected revan and those interested immediately focused their efforts and still find themselves on the outside.
  • Options

yeah, but you're ignoring the fact that you can still farm them for 14 days. If you get top spots in arenas, you can managed 3-6 shards a day of each with fairly little issue, so you wouldn't have to spend $300 on the packs. You could always buy 5-10 of the packs, and see where that puts you, then farm hard for 7-10 days until closer to the end of the event and see if it makes sense to buy more packs then. Again, not telling anyone what to do, but I think people who are willing to spend a little can pull this off pretty easily.

I wish it worked that way, but it really doesn't. Doing it your way, you'll likely end up with a lot of excess shards for some of the characters and get diminishing returns when trying to buy packs later on. I've run multiple scenarios already. Unless you have tons of gear stockpiled or have some inside knowledge on gear level requirements, your best approach is to:
    1. Farm normally till the event starts
    2. Figure out gear requirements
    3. Check if you have enough gear and cut your losses if you don't
    4. Buy 699 crystal packs till you have roughly 60-80 shards to go on *each* of the KOTOR characters, depending on your risk tolerance
    5. Buy $30/$15 shard packs
    6 Farm the remaining shards
    7. Enjoy your Revan assuming you didn't screw up 3. or panic farm some gear.

I understand that with almost 4.2M GP you likely have enough gear and crystals saved that 3. may not apply to you. But the rest of the fan base need to realize that there is nothing easy or cheap about getting Revan. To claim otherwise is simply irresponsible.