It's about hope

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    JohnAran wrote: »
    Hanzo wrote: »
    It's so funny how everyone now is f2p, first the majority of the community was together seeing that this event is totally rushed, and the businnes model is outrageous, now after all the complaints everyone will get Revan and everyone is f2p. This happens a lot on this forum, that's why CG keeps doing this, this community is always divide, and is getting worse, they're coming with more and more hardcore p2p events! Good job to all the "smart and luck F2P" people who will get Revan!

Personally i’m not too suspicious about the number of ftp on the forum (a lot of people are ftp). I’m much more suspicious at the number of ftp apparently constantly securing top spot in both arenas. I don’t know how many shards are out there, but we have a spectacular number of ftp top 5 in both ship and squad on the forums.
    They also seem able to hoard massive amounts of crystal on top of that.
    But hey can’t prove anything so i won’t make any kind of accusations.
    r2steve2 wrote: »
    Fake news. There are plenty f2p getting Revan. No it’s not easy, and yes you had to plan well ahead. You didn’t, so learn from this and move on.

Plenty of f2p getting Revan is indeed a fake news. A extremely low number of f2p will get Revan.
    Still it was in a way possible and I don’t mind getting him on the second appearance, but lies and bad faith bother me.

At its prime, leaderboards were being filled every 2 days. Even now it's being filled like once a week. Assuming it was average of 4 days to fill, and launched almost 3 years ago, that's approximately 250 leaderboards.
    There are 30+ distinct timezones but assume that only the 6 most populated are being utilised, there's like 1500 players who are getting double number 1s. Multiply that a few times to get those with consistent top 5 payouts. Minus the whales, that's still a LOT of top 5 F2P.

There are 2 huge assumptions here that make me doubt the « lot ». One : every top 5 in an arena is a top 5 in the other. Two : A lot of top 5 are ftp. (You can be a spender without being a whale).
    Just taking my shard as an example, i can say without a doubt that an overwhelming majority of the top spots in fleet are spenders. Just the overall pg progression tells me that, but also the amount of 4* ht or other marquee ships. I can also say that there is a significant number of spenders in squad arena (given how many 4* and 7* bastila popped up at the time for example, and other marquees as well like nest).
    Then there is the fact that none of my top 5 fleet shard are top in arena. From 1 to 5 they are 66, 133, 35 (7* jango), 136 and 171 at this time.
    To be honest i’m fairly certain that i have around 0 ftp double top 5 in my shards. Maybe one or two that i can’t identify. I’m also fairly certain that my shards are not some weird outliers. I’m convinced that there are not « a lot of double top 5 ftp ». Then out of those, probably not many had over 30k crystals stashed + maxed out their or farm. The few able to do that are probably very long term players with special circumstances.

I don’t want to derail the op’s thread though and it’s basically useless speculation as i won’t be able to prove anything anyway, so i won’t call lies. Just expressing a huge doubt when i see all those people claiming « a lot of ftp will have revan » or « you just had to do this to get revan for free ».
  • Options
    JK_47 wrote: »
    BadAndy wrote: »
    Fake news. There are plenty f2p getting Revan. No it’s not easy, and yes you had to plan well ahead. You didn’t, so learn from this and move on.

Are you one of them? Tell us how you did it...

Started farming kotor toons as soon as they were dropped and didnt stop to get chewie. Ppl who dedicated themselves to get Revan , knowing these 5 toons would lead to him, will unlock him. The rest of us will have to farm and plan for his next go around.

You absolutely won’t have all 5 toons at 7* unless you paid money. You can probably be close. I’ve been attaching those 5 since they were released without a break. None is higher than 5*. Even with absolutely amazing drop rates you’d still be short

Very few. Don't say no one. Sure it sounds like it was a scenario where you had to have a bank of crystals saved, and have been hardcore farming since the day they hit the store, but it is possible.

Me personally you ask? I've spent $175 recently. Previously I spend maybe $150 on Bastilla and got her maxed when she hit the store.
  • Options

Started farming kotor toons as soon as they were dropped and didnt stop to get chewie. Ppl who dedicated themselves to get Revan , knowing these 5 toons would lead to him, will unlock him. The rest of us will have to farm and plan for his next go around.

impossible dude. I've been farming them since they dropped and I had like 6k crystals stockpiled by the time they went f2p farmable. I made a schedule and everything to have them and the earliest I could make it was mid November. I was following that religiously and I have 3 at 5* and 2 at 6* today. No way to make it.
  • Options
    mesa176750 wrote: »

impossible dude. I've been farming them since they dropped and I had like 6k crystals stockpiled by the time they went f2p farmable. I made a schedule and everything to have them and the earliest I could make it was mid November. I was following that religiously and I have 3 at 5* and 2 at 6* today. No way to make it.

Right on. This guy is just straight up making up nonsense. I started farming every single Kotor toon as soon as they became available. I would have to buy several vaults + the packs to get them all ready. LOL no one has stockpiled that many crystals as FTP.
  • Options

6000 crystals is tiny.... Some folks have 20-30000 saved up.....
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    It's so funny how everyone now is f2p, first the majority of the community was together seeing that this event is totally rushed, and the businnes model is outrageous, now after all the complaints everyone will get Revan and everyone is f2p. This happens a lot on this forum, that's why CG keeps doing this, this community is always divide, and is getting worse, they're coming with more and more hardcore p2p events! Good job to all the "smart and luck F2P" people who will get Revan!

Personally i’m not too suspicious about the number of ftp on the forum (a lot of people are ftp). I’m much more suspicious at the number of ftp apparently constantly securing top spot in both arenas. I don’t know how many shards are out there, but we have a spectacular number of ftp top 5 in both ship and squad on the forums.

Plenty of f2p getting Revan is indeed a fake news. A extremely low number of f2p will get Revan.
    Still it was in a way possible and I don’t mind getting him on the second appearance, but lies and bad faith bother me.

There are no f2p people that are beating whaled HT's and Xanadu's in ships... 7*HT OP It's the only time in this game where P2w could buy a ship or toon and become UNBEATABLE.
  • Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »

There are no f2p people that are beating whaled HT's and Xanadu's in ships... 7*HT OP It's the only time in this game where P2w could buy a ship or toon and become UNBEATABLE.

This should be a different thread, but I'll tell you this: 7 star HT is not unbeatable. I fight them every day with my f2p fleet
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »

This should be a different thread, but I'll tell you this: 7 star HT is not unbeatable. I fight them every day with my f2p fleet

Threads about no hope...whaled OP HT's have wrecked that hope..

let's see those vids
  • Options

Right on. This guy is just straight up making up nonsense. I started farming every single Kotor toon as soon as they became available. I would have to buy several vaults + the packs to get them all ready. LOL no one has stockpiled that many crystals as FTP.

As a complete F2P I have been sitting in a pile since CLS. He was a close call for me and I didn't want to get caught there again. I made sure I had 25K saved for ReyJT and was able to get my vets pretty easily and land Rey on day 1. After that I made sure to always have at least 25k on hand, it was the only way to make sure I wouldn't be reaching for my wallet. I have met alot of other players who have been using the same strategy. I got in the habit of spending less and soon I had a goal of a 50k nest egg. Once Bastila arrived I knew Revan was close so I got serious and had 93K ready for their release. I resisted the marquee bundles and I am intelligently farming - but there was no doubt I was getting Revan. I know this is on the rare side - but I only needed 30-40k saved to ensure I got him given the cheaper refreshes and energy packs. I expect the next huge character to require even more.
    My guild will get about 12 Revans - only 2 of us are completely F2P, the other 10 are sprinkling in a couple hundred - but they are just reallocating money they would have spent over the next 6 months or so.

• Options
    Agree with the OP, of you have literally 0 % chance to compete with someone who pays there's no incentive for me to play. If you do find an incentive that's greats, but no reason why it should work that way
  • Options
    The hope comes from the fact that almost everybody will be able to get Revan the second time around. Not just people who have been playing for 2 years and not just the whales. With how new the required characters are, even early and mid game players will be able to acquire Revan. Yes, the initial run has a high paywall, but if you look at the even the short term future of the game, Revan will prove to balance things rather than make the division between "haves" and "have-nots" greater.
  • Options
    The American Dream part made me laugh. The arena and fleet payout system heavily favors non-American players. Your chance for 1st in those parts of the game is predetermined based on the time zone you’re in when you create an account. Should someone in EST have the same hopes for 1st every day as someone in a desolate time zone?
  • Options
    Star wars is based on hope. High profit games? Not so much.
  • Nikka488
    277 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    As the resident hoarder in my guild I can attest that a lot is attainable if you focus. I had 80K crystals saved up. I always have 300-800 of every piece of important gear. I ONLY gear up what I am going to use and when I do I go zero to G12. I bought Visas, Bossk & supplemented Bastila to 7* via shipments. Took all other OR to 5* via shipments and started farming on day 1. I bought the $9.99 OR packs and the $30 Mission pack. I need 9 more mission and I'm done. I still have 50K crystals saved from arena/fleet winnings and I add to it every day via winnings. I did get 7* Chewie but I don't buy gear (I use shard shop) and I don't gear up every toon just because. Dec '15 shard - 3.7M GP - top 15 guild. So Revan will have cost me $80. The signs are there if you look. I have a feeling of what the next two events will be and what we'll need. So the second they become farmable I will start asap. And in case I'm wrong I've taken all SOLO toons to 7* (Still need 24 Lando) just incase something comes for them.

I do hope that they do double drops for those grinding hard. Best of luck to all.

Addition: I believe I am a dolphin? Or maybe Guppie? - Almost all my friends will get Revan and one truly is F2P 100% - the rest spend a bit on packs like I do to support the game.
  • Options
    The hope comes from the fact that almost everybody will be able to get Revan the second time around. Not just people who have been playing for 2 years and not just the whales. With how new the required characters are, even early and mid game players will be able to acquire Revan. Yes, the initial run has a high paywall, but if you look at the even the short term future of the game, Revan will prove to balance things rather than make the division between "haves" and "have-nots" greater.

The second time that everyone loves to speak of is gonna be half a year away, that's quite some time