Maintenance

Replies

• Options
    It’s been 50 minutes now, that’s 20 more then roughly 30, if it gets to a hour soon people will start demanding compensation.
  • Options
    @Jedigunnie262

What?

Payout should be 6pm local. We're still 55 min away from 6pm EST and maintenance has been going on for 50 min. They do their best and thought they could get it done in roughly 30min. They didn't, but you're almost certainly still going to have time to do 3+ arena fights even on EST. For CST, MST, and PST there's no effect at all.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Options
    @ChristophIV , I think he means the one period between extra energies and his particular guild’s time zone of guild-event scheduling, so he’ll be able to claim the energy, but not get credit for using it during the “Spend Energy” activity for additional guild currency rewards.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Options
    i can't believe anyone is really shocked at this point. this is typical
  • Options
    Something probably went wrong.
    Usually you tell more downtime then actually needed. ;)
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Reyalp wrote: »
    Rojas wrote: »
    give it time, patience young padawans....

It's been more than 'roughly 30 minutes'. I give it another 5 minutes before people demand answers....

Ugh - I was wrong. It was 2 minutes. Moan moan moan. They told you this was happening.

They were typing at same time as you, took them an extra minute to clean up language and try to create a solid argument. :D
  • Options
    @Jedigunnie262

What?

Payout should be 6pm local. We're still 55 min away from 6pm EST and maintenance has been going on for 50 min. They do their best and thought they could get it done in roughly 30min. They didn't, but you're almost certainly still going to have time to do 3+ arena fights even on EST. For CST, MST, and PST there's no effect at all.

Sure but I shouldn't have to.
  • Options
    the timing of this maintenance to me shows that the gaming experience comes secondary to the business process of making money. not much lately has been considerate of the player base.

doing this during an active tw day is just wrong in my opinion but ea/cg never disappoints when it comes to making bad decisions
  • Options
    Cjhwang wrote: »
    i can't believe anyone is really shocked at this point. this is typical

You beat me to it. I was gonna say the same.
  • Options
    I'm getting a panic attack because I can't stare at the cantina screen and watch my energy refresh
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    the timing of this maintenance to me shows that the gaming experience comes secondary to the business process of making money. not much lately has been considerate of the player base.

doing this during an active tw day is just wrong in my opinion but ea/cg never disappoints when it comes to making bad decisions

Could be a third party doing the maintenance and they set this time and date.
  • Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Rojas wrote: »
    give it time, patience young padawans....

It's been more than 'roughly 30 minutes'. I give it another 5 minutes before people demand answers....

Ugh - I was wrong. It was 2 minutes. Moan moan moan. They told you this was happening.

They were typing at same time as you, took them an extra minute to clean up language and try to create a solid argument. :D

Brilliant :D. By the looks of some responses, some where trying to find a timezone with a payout that could be affected.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    @Jedigunnie262

What?

Sure but I shouldn't have to.

You’re correct because no one is attacking you in arena right now
  • Options
    It’s been 50 minutes now, that’s 20 more then roughly 30, if it gets to a hour soon people will start demanding compensation.

Why shouldn’t those who’s payouts were affected 15 mins into their payout climb be compensated? Clearly you were unaffected....
  • Options
    Extremely annoying that maintenance overage means that those that didn't get in during the first part of the window lost the best free energy of the day.
  • Options
    @Jedigunnie262

You said half the US player base was "in the middle" of arena payout.

That is factually incorrect.

If you wanna say the East Coast player base shouldn't have to adjust their arena attempts by 20 minutes, go ahead. I'm sure that's a desperately terrible injustice and I expect the US congress will respond with appropriate legislation. We Canadians share your time zones and feel your intolerable pain. But you're not creating sympathy for your cause by lying about "half the US player base".
  • Options
    @Jedigunnie262

You said half the US player base was "in the middle" of arena payout.

That is factually incorrect.

Half of the US population lives on the East Coast.
  • Options
    Game is back up.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    And half the US is now safe
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Dblade21 wrote: »
    Game is back up.

Can you get to the cantina?
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb -- I'm stuck on "Checking for Updates" -- tried restarting the app a couple of times, but it won't advance past that screen.
  • Options
    It was promised 30 mins, now it is more than 2 h
  • Options
    @Malgrin

And 0% of the people on EST or anywhere in any of the 50 states were "in the middle of Arena payout" during maintenance.
    Half of nothing is, let me do the math here, nothing into nothing, carry the nothin'...
  • Options
    So after matinence people are back up but I keep getting no connection... but I have connection just fine. What’s the deal man
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Double post
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Dblade21 wrote: »
    Game is back up.

Can you get to the cantina?

Yes
  • Options
    Well, i cant log in at all.
  • Options
    With so many thousands of people trying to log back in, don't be surprised if it takes 10+ minutes for the cantina to load. Better off waiting another 30 minutes to an hour if you don't need to login right this second.
  • Options
    @Malgrin

And 0% of the people on EST or anywhere in any of the 50 states were "in the middle of Arena payout" during maintenance.
    Half of nothing is, let me do the math here, nothing into nothing, carry the nothin'...

That's not true. If you started during winter months (4 months), your Eastern payout is 1.5 hours from now. If you started during 'summer' months (8 months), your payout is in a half hour. So if there's equal distribution, that's closer to 1/3 than a half, but still a pretty big chunk of the US that's not able to play with less than an hour to payout.