Road ahead ?

Replies

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    SoViciouz wrote: »
    Does it matter that much though? The events will come when they come regardless if we know about them. Don't get me wrong.. everyone loves to know the new info on the game we love but it's not going to kill us not knowing.

Old age kills... *wink*
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    To be fair a much more entertaining thread on the road ahead there is
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Does it matter that much though? The events will come when they come regardless if we know about them. Don't get me wrong.. everyone loves to know the new info on the game we love but it's not going to kill us not knowing.
    Sometimes it does matter.

The road ahead telling us that only 5 KOTOR toons from Revan's crew helped me a lot.

The road ahead telling us that Mods 2.0 is coming and that green / blue mods with speed secondary at level 1 are going to be very useful before the new changes and slicing

Personally, for my own experience, Its better to have some foresight than a surprise content update that mods are now going to work differently or not knowing how many or which KOTOR toons are about to drop in the coming months
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    They need time to upgrade the 386 with win 95in the office to a pentium with win 98

So they have my sympathy win 95 ewww
  • Options
    Who cares if it matters or not? People enjoy reading it and it was promised to us at the beginning of each quarter.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    I just called the addiction network hotline and asked if they could help me with an issue. They asked if it was for drugs or alcohol.... i told them i cant stop asking for the road ahead...he said he did not understand so i linked him to this thread.... he said he could not help.... i told him the goofy looking doctor on the TV said he could help me with my problem he even looked like a star wars fan....
    He hung up..... so yeah pretty sure no one anywhere will help us with this issue

We’ve been transported to a whole new world of non-existent communication. We’re not in Kansas anymore. Welcome to Nebraska.

Great Springsteen album. On of my favorite btw.

I won’t let this go .... never
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I still reckon theyre holding off releasing it cause they know a GG anti Jedi rework is gonna p**s off everyone who bought Revan so they're giving those people a bit longer to enjoy their purchase
  • Options
    I was working for a certain music company and we would get this all the time with new features people wanted on the app and some times the feature was being added and we could not tell the customer anything, and at the same time the customer would be threatening to quit, or take them to court and we had to stick to our “thanks for the feedback” line... it’s frustrating for the people working there not being able to say anything as well.

We have so much to play around with in the game and so much farming to do, and the arena is filled with many teams instead of one meta. You can chose to go light or dark and I am seeing everything from palp/traya leads to BH/NS and rebels or revan teams.

I welcome the delay in news as it gives me time to farm and gear and not be tempted to stray from my target (again). I nearly have my revan team done and I abandoned my farm to go after revan lol. I am sure that what ever it is that is next will be good and worth the wait.

We still have the apology loot or what ever we will get from revan being in the tb platoons as well. It will be interesting to see what they give us.
  • Options
    I was working for a certain music company and we would get this all the time with new features people wanted on the app and some times the feature was being added and we could not tell the customer anything, and at the same time the customer would be threatening to quit, or take them to court and we had to stick to our “thanks for the feedback” line... it’s frustrating for the people working there not being able to say anything as well.

We have so much to play around with in the game and so much farming to do, and the arena is filled with many teams instead of one meta. You can chose to go light or dark and I am seeing everything from palp/traya leads to BH/NS and rebels or revan teams.

I welcome the delay in news as it gives me time to farm and gear and not be tempted to stray from my target (again). I nearly have my revan team done and I abandoned my farm to go after revan lol. I am sure that what ever it is that is next will be good and worth the wait.

We still have the apology loot or what ever we will get from revan being in the tb platoons as well. It will be interesting to see what they give us.

Very interesting insight.
    Not quite sure beeing in the blind on the road Ahead is positive for good farming though.
  • Options
    At least we have some time for ourselves... without being under pressure of panic farm.
  • Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    At least we have some time for ourselves... without being under pressure of panic farm.

Until they post it and you realize it was delayed to create a panic farm
  • Options
    I wish people would stop trying to justify why it’s late, the fact is regardless of what they have planned or how poorly they planned it, the road ahead is late and we are being ignored - it’s insulting. I won’t be sticking around much longer at this rate, and I hope others feel the same because otherwise they will never learn and terrible customer service will go on rewarded
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

That's one way to look at it, but the longer the delay, the shorter the inevitable panic farm will be when it finally comes. And that's probably the whole point of this unprecedented delay...
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

That's one way to look at it, but the longer the delay, the shorter the inevitable panic farm will be when it finally comes. And that's probably the whole point of this unprecedented delay...

They can delay all they want...revan was my last panic farm. Not falling into their tactics again. F2p forever.
  • Options

Yeah because everyone LOVES to panic farm and be forced to spend over $300 on one toon.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Black Friday or road ahead.... which will come first
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Yeah because everyone LOVES to panic farm and be forced to spend over $300 on one toon.

No one forces you to do a thing. This a video game. Not a job.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Guess we can start complaining about the road ahead for the next quarter. If we start early we might actually get it in January.

Or you know they could just not promise to commit to posting one.

No way we
    Could trust their non promise

CG “no promises”
    US “ liars”
    Lol
  • Options
    Today’s the big day! I know it we finally get something big today. I’ve never been so sure of something in my life! Let the countdown begin! Let’s see... 7 more hours!
  • Options
    Today’s the big day! I know it we finally get something big today. I’ve never been so sure of something in my life! Let the countdown begin! Let’s see... 7 more hours!

Medic!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

...uummm...

Anyone else want to break the news to him?
  • Options
    I think there are clues they've given us without have an official road ahead. If you've read the clues correctly (like when 5 KOTOR characters were released together), then you should be able to at least take a guess at what's coming. There have been plenty of hints toward GG and Clone Wars content coming to the game. How you take that is up to you. I've had GG and Clone Troopers at seven stars and at least G9 for a while now.

Really, there's a point where you should look ahead and think about what could possibly come to the game and what you already have that could be used to unlock those characters. For example, do you think C3PO will come to the game? If so, what characters would you need to use? Is Jabba possible? Does that mean you'll need a 7 star Gamorrean Guard (which is a lot easier farm than hard nodes)?

You don't have to make too many mental leaps to figure out what might be coming. You just need to own it, because it's not the dev's fault you when you guess wrong.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Options
    I think there are clues they've given us without have an official road ahead. If you've read the clues correctly (like when 5 KOTOR characters were released together), then you should be able to at least take a guess at what's coming. There have been plenty of hints toward GG and Clone Wars content coming to the game. How you take that is up to you. I've had GG and Clone Troopers at seven stars and at least G9 for a while now.

Really, there's a point where you should look ahead and think about what could possibly come to the game and what you already have that could be used to unlock those characters. For example, do you think C3PO will come to the game? If so, what characters would you need to use? Is Jabba possible? Does that mean you'll need a 7 star Gamorrean Guard (which is a lot easier farm than hard nodes)?

You don't have to make too many mental leaps to figure out what might be coming. You just need to own it, because it's not the dev's fault you when you guess wrong.

Ok thank you for your input !
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

...uummm...

Excellent!!
    20 days of teasing and silence ... I think the road Ahead is kind of dead lol
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Germi wrote: »

...uummm...

Excellent!!

It's a live and kicking, just tied up with red tape
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Germi wrote: »

...uummm...

Excellent!!

It's a live and kicking, just tied up with red tape

Oh i see.
    Let’s cut the tape !
    The road Ahead needs to be freed !!

@CG_SBCrumb please find a scissor :-p
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Options
    Look what I found : https://www.ea.com/studios/capital-games/studio

They are maybe working on a SWGOH 2.0 ... it would explain the red tape !

fbuaa84dlebf.jpeg
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    But I'm already playing the game I always wanted to play!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
This discussion has been closed.