Road ahead ?

Replies

• Options
    Stevil wrote: »
    VaexquaGer wrote: »
    Some people should change their jobs, it's really hard now to write something friendly about this issue. It's just a mess...
    And I'm not angry, I 'm dissapointed
    :'(

That's a Mom or Dad comment if I've ever seen one.

Ok, CG. You all have to be aware that this is pretty insulting by now. Among your hardcore players, everyone remembers your promises to.improve communication. After the brutal difficulty of the Chewie event and the insanely short farming period for Revan, just how much salt do you want to pour on these wounds?

Do any of you monitor the big, public Discord servers at all? Because guilds are having trouble recruiting. A lot of long term players that I know personally are hanging it up and moving on. I'm not saying the lack of communication is directly causing that, but it certainly isn't helping.

You're killing my hobby.

Actually, salt would kill bacteria, so it would be quite useful on a wound, although painful :wink:

All jokes aside, don't waste your breath. I hardly believe they read the posts that MENTION THEM (rightfully so, as so many people tag them all the time) let alone read posts where they don't.

Seriously. I've wasted way too much time of my life on this thread. We're getting NOWHERE. This discussion is obviously not impacting them to speed things up, or at least that's the perception. I don't think we should waste any more time on this. It will come when it comes, and this discussion with like 800 posts is not really helping.
    I AM the High Ground
  • Options
    And thats what they said about clone helmets and here we are. ;)
  • tanki60o
    118 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Well...that's a little different. Clone Helmets was a highly requested visual change. The Road ahead is an announcement, not an actual update itself.

I sure hope it doesn't take as long for the road ahead as it did for clone helmets :sweat_smile:
    I AM the High Ground
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    tanki60o wrote: »
    Well...that's a little different. Clone Helmets was a highly requested visual change. The Road ahead is an announcement, not an actual update itself.

I sure hope it doesn't take as long for the road ahead as it did for clone helmets :sweat_smile:

Its more the promise of prompt communication and the lack there of...

Its not as if a quarterly blog sneaks up on you.

At this point nothing they can announce will be good enough to salvage this... hopefully the challenge is accepted and i can be proved wrong
    Post edited by ShaggyB on
  • Options
    At this point, we're at the road mostly ahead and kinda behind us. We're 1/3 of the way through the quarter and we've not gotten any clue of if/when it'll happen. If it's not happened by now, I don't really expect it anymore
  • Options
    What day exactly is the 3 year anniversary of the game? Maybe we’ll get it as an anniversary present...

or maybe they’ll just use some special anniversary event to stall and drag out this Road to nowhere.
  • Options
    Should we start asking for the 2019 road ahead now?
  • Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    tanki60o wrote: »

Its more the promise of prompt communication and the lack there of...

Its not as if a quarterly blog sneaks up on you.

At this point nothing they can announce will be good enough to salvage this... hopefully the challenge is accepted and i can be proved wrong

Agreed. Improved communication failed. This road Ahead now is laughably pathetic. Pretty sure they won’t touch on any issue the community is wondering about besides vague hints at content.

Once it posts I’m pretty sure I’m out of here.
  • Options
    What day exactly is the 3 year anniversary of the game? Maybe we’ll get it as an anniversary present...

or maybe they’ll just use some special anniversary event to stall and drag out this Road to nowhere.

Only Chewie shards for anniversary plz.
    I AM the High Ground
  • Options
    The delay is incontrovertible. The false promises and then failure to further communicate is simply insulting. I appreciate that things get delayed but even a post which says - "Sorry - Not ready yet" from someone official (no offense @Kyno) - It shouldn't have to be a moderators job to push for information which we've been promised.

I could spend ages echoing the sentiments of all on this thread, and whilst the update was a nice surprise (given we had no communication forewarning it was coming) the backlash from the difficulty of the Chewie event and the requirement for Revanue would surely have made it more critical for them to release something, on time and appealing to the majority of the players.

I'm pretty much FTP, I didn't get 7* Chewie (I did unlock him), I didn't get Revan. I don't care particularly. I'll get them next time. At the moment, I'm farming OR toons so I'm ready, then I'll go back to BH once Jango's been released (on a hard node farm most likely). What I find most frustrating is not knowing whether I should be putting any effort in to something which may appear in the future.

I appreciate the updates from Kyno, but unless this is the greatest update since the launch of the game, I fail to see how it can now, live up to expectations from the delay. If it's just a "normal" Road Ahead, then why has it taken so long with so much silence. If it's because there's a whole bunch of redesign/new content/reworks/ships 3.0/mods 2.5/Hero's Fall Journey then whilst disappointing re the delay and silence, maybe, just maybe, it's understandable...

I enjoy the game, have no desire to quit, but It's getting to the point where all I'm doing is logging in and doing the farm grind and the HST raid. I'd like to get back to "playing" the game again.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Options
    ^^ this ... so much this !
  • Monel
    2787 posts Member
    Options
    Affy wrote: »
    The delay is incontrovertible. The false promises and then failure to further communicate is simply insulting. I appreciate that things get delayed but even a post which says - "Sorry - Not ready yet" from someone official (no offense @Kyno) - It shouldn't have to be a moderators job to push for information which we've been promised.

I could spend ages echoing the sentiments of all on this thread, and whilst the update was a nice surprise (given we had no communication forewarning it was coming) the backlash from the difficulty of the Chewie event and the requirement for Revanue would surely have made it more critical for them to release something, on time and appealing to the majority of the players.

I'm pretty much FTP, I didn't get 7* Chewie (I did unlock him), I didn't get Revan. I don't care particularly. I'll get them next time. At the moment, I'm farming OR toons so I'm ready, then I'll go back to BH once Jango's been released (on a hard node farm most likely). What I find most frustrating is not knowing whether I should be putting any effort in to something which may appear in the future.

I appreciate the updates from Kyno, but unless this is the greatest update since the launch of the game, I fail to see how it can now, live up to expectations from the delay. If it's just a "normal" Road Ahead, then why has it taken so long with so much silence. If it's because there's a whole bunch of redesign/new content/reworks/ships 3.0/mods 2.5/Hero's Fall Journey then whilst disappointing re the delay and silence, maybe, just maybe, it's understandable...

I enjoy the game, have no desire to quit, but It's getting to the point where all I'm doing is logging in and doing the farm grind and the HST raid. I'd like to get back to "playing" the game again.

I agree with everything you said. However, the last paragraph is exactly what this game is and has always been. Sure occasionally some thing new happens, whether a new raid, ships, mods, etc... but at the end of the day this is a rinse and repeat type game. This will never change and communication has nothing to do with it.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Options
    Good morning @CG_SBCrumb
    Hope you had a good start of the day.
    Thank god it’s Friday !
    Let’s wrap this thread up and release the road ahead.

I spoke to @CG_Carrie and she told me it was all good. Lol.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2941 posts Member
    Options
    Germi wrote: »
    Good morning @CG_SBCrumb
    Thank god it’s Friday !

I think this thread will get 100k views and 999 responses before we see anything.....sadly.
  • Options
    Good morning @CG_SBCrumb
    Thank god it’s Friday !

Nice try, but..)
  • Crovino
    20 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Carrie replied to a tweet last night she had an unexpected illness and the Road Ahead has approvals to go through. She’s hoping to get that done inside the next week.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Options
    Crovino wrote: »
    Carrie replied to a tweet last night she had an unexpected illness and the Road Ahead has approvals to go through. She’s hoping to get that done inside the next week.

Oh god.
    I hope nothing serious.
    Feel better soon @CG_Carrie
  • Iy4oy4s
    2941 posts Member
    Options
    Crovino wrote: »

Get well soon.

Oh a separate note, I wish there was some place where she could relay that info to the player base. Let’s put our heads together and come up with some ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........oh......wait.
  • Options
    Lol. If she can write a message, she can write an approval.
    And even if she couldnt, how on Earth is there no backup structure in place already?
    Amateurs.
  • Sev74907
    211 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Dear CG,

Many in this community have been more than patient with the fact that the Road Ahead has not been released. To be quite frank, you have all been avoiding us and have been saying little about it. This is a huge insult to your fanbase that has been supporting this game both with time and finances. The very least you could do at this point is put an exact date when the Road Ahead blog will be posted. We are 1/3 of the way through the quarter. Please do something and don't come up with some "It's coming soon" bull cause we are way beyond that.

Sincerely,

The SWGOH Community
  • Options
    Pretty sure this is what’s happening to the road ahead.

2b85mp.png
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    I hope this is true but it’s definitely not the first time we have heard “next week”.
  • Crayvis
    3 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    With the clone visual update, clone wars celebration, and them throwing all 5 clones in the weekly store, it’s possible they’ll be needed for some type of event, and perhaps releasing the road ahead would spoil the sales of the clone packs if they release that info too early. Perhaps that could explain the delay.

Edit: as advanced knowledge would give you time to farm them, as they are all free to play farmable.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Options
    Hopefully we still have @CG_SBCrumb and his hints ...
    no ?
  • Iy4oy4s
    2941 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    no ?

After sooo much silence, no. He will reply to other threads, just not this one anymore. I guess it’s too spicy for him now.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Crumb says two times he is working on it. Carrie says its hers and shes been sick. I think they are salty because the calender got leaked on discord.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    no ?

After sooo much silence, no. He will reply to other threads, just not this one anymore. I guess it’s too spicy for him now.

What do you mean by spicy ?
    Like hostile ?
  • Options
    Considerung about a third of the time the road ahead is supposed to cover is over... at what point do we have to call it the Road Behind?
  • Options
    I think that the road ahead is getting paved and will be closed for about 2 months, so we got Anakin's starfighter and clone helmets as a detour
This discussion has been closed.