Status of the GameChanger program?

Replies

• Germi
    553 posts Member
    Options
    Response from CubsFanHan on Reddit.

8v6gv4rh8dvj.png
  • Options
    Considering that the GC program is likely going down due to critiques of Revan

That theory makes no sense. They've been critical of all kinds of things. Not to mention Ahnald's incessant childish **** about Holdo/Rose.

It is far more likely that it's over the info leak, especially since it happened a day or so after Going Nerdy made a public video with the leak and Crumb has even stated they've now moved things around on the schedule.

Violating an NDA is pretty serious. My guess is they're trying to find out who the leaker is, and rewriting the NDA, or deciding if the program will even continue.
  • ÌN_Algorìthm
    77 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Dominating their arena without those test accounts wiil be tough. Having a maxed account for free wasnt fair. Gear 13 against gear 12 was OP.

Ummm they were on a test arena shard too. There was no domination of any arena going on there

😉
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    SebPovic wrote: »
    The youtubers dedicate themselves to create content of quality. If this kind of journalism should not be wanted by CG, both parties are better off without those ties. Its not like those guys are their outsourced PR section and CG wont have to reveal confidential news to third party members before the actual release.

Maybe we wont see new videos as frequently as before, but e.g. McMole2 never had access to a test account (correct me if Im wrong) yet his videos have always been of high quality and fun to watch.

Pretty sure mcmole did before he was "removed" from the program. Your point is still valid though, as he made great vids for a long time without a test account.
  • Options
    Vendraen wrote: »

That theory makes no sense. They've been critical of all kinds of things. Not to mention Ahnald's incessant childish **** about Holdo/Rose.

It is far more likely that it's over the info leak, especially since it happened a day or so after Going Nerdy made a public video with the leak and Crumb has even stated they've now moved things around on the schedule.

Violating an NDA is pretty serious. My guess is they're trying to find out who the leaker is, and rewriting the NDA, or deciding if the program will even continue.

What was leaked?

I am not remembering what content came out early on the channels.
  • Options
    tanki60o wrote: »
    I think it is ending. Because of that, plus the road ahead, I thought they would abandon the game. But no, they said the road ahead is coming soon so I’m not worried about that.
    What I’m extremely worried about is the probable end to the game changers program. They’re test accounts are needed for most of their videos...

Heaven forbid they have to actually farm and gear up the characters like everyone else if they want to use them. It will be great if the people who get to show off the characters/teams etc are the people who actually took the leap and invested their own resources into them.

I agree their free ride has ended, lol, I cant be mad at them for finding a way to beat out the whales in exclusivity while remaining f2p ingenious but it's over now
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    That's fine. Don't need gamechangers anyways, but I suspect the reasoning behind removing them is primarily CGs own greedy interest as usual.
  • Options
    I think it is ending. Because of that, plus the road ahead, I thought they would abandon the game. But no, they said the road ahead is coming soon so I’m not worried about that.
    What I’m extremely worried about is the probable end to the game changers program. They’re test accounts are needed for most of their videos...

Heaven forbid they have to actually farm and gear up the characters like everyone else if they want to use them. It will be great if the people who get to show off the characters/teams etc are the people who actually took the leap and invested their own resources into them.

You really don't get the concept of a test account, do you...

Pretty sure the GC program was killed because the biggest channels were all critical of the Revan launch.

Not surprising, feel like something is changing here that is considerably less player friendly.

No, regardless of how they word it saying that is a test account is just a novel idea the fact is they still have access to the characters and can play with them as much as they want whenever they want just on a separate account it is just an alternate account that's all it is they have free access free ride over sorry boys. The grunt of it is the community does not need them. CG had at one point needed them to help promote their new releases and act as yes men which they did faithfully but that cost them face with the community who sniffed that out, in response they acted as if they were not CG puppet pals especially releasing those paywall revan videos which didn't sit well with the bosses so that sealed it for them. Now some might say they were helping players by releasing videos, to that the reply is if you give almost anyone a max toon and free range to experiment then they will be able to do the same thing. Pretty much if you can read you can see on your own if a kit is good or not. Outside of McMole who genuinely develops original concepts and strategies there is no need for those guys except as novelty. Now if they wanna make videos I say let them make videos only difference is let them grind for their characters the way all of us have to
  • Options
    wrekincruw wrote: »

Pretty sure the GC program was killed because the biggest channels were all critical of the Revan launch.

Not surprising, feel like something is changing here that is considerably less player friendly.

No, regardless of how they word it saying that is a test account is just a novel idea the fact is they still have access to the characters and can play with them as much as they want whenever they want just on a separate account it is just an alternate account that's all it is they have free access free ride over sorry boys. The grunt of it is the community does not need them. CG had at one point needed them to help promote their new releases and act as yes men which they did faithfully but that cost them face with the community who sniffed that out, in response they acted as if they were not CG puppet pals especially releasing those paywall revan videos which didn't sit well with the bosses so that sealed it for them. Now some might say they were helping players by releasing videos, to that the reply is if you give almost anyone a max toon and free range to experiment then they will be able to do the same thing. Pretty much if you can read you can see on your own if a kit is good or not. Outside of McMole who genuinely develops original concepts and strategies there is no need for those guys except as novelty. Now if they wanna make videos I say let them make videos only difference is let them grind for their characters the way all of us have to

So in short you are jealous that someone has access to a test account and you do not.

Each of the GCs have their own accounts and use them on their videos all the time. However, theory crafting is best in the test account, as are things like the tournaments.

It is content that players enjoy and drew attention to the game.

Why do you even care?

• Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Loads of insane people in here...

Hello and welcome to the board!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

This...
  • Options

I agree their free ride has ended, lol, I cant be mad at them for finding a way to beat out the whales in exclusivity while remaining f2p ingenious but it's over now

Lol theres no free ride. Thise accounts dont compete against the general public. And like someone mentioned they all have their own personal accounts.
  • Roopehunter
    1188 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Jamesm wrote: »

Lol theres no free ride. Thise accounts dont compete against the general public. And like someone mentioned they all have their own personal accounts.

Testing unlimited nr of teams within a few hours is a free ride.
    You cant do that with a regular account.

Also, they had early info. They knew how op Revan would be, what the rrquirements would be and therefore they had a massive advantage to get him. Free ride.
  • Options
    I just noticed that every GameChanger I could think of removed the "GameChanger"/"Sponsored by EA"/etc stuff from their YouTube headers. Not all of them had it but many did, and it's all gone now. With the total radio silence over the loss of the test accounts, at this point, I have to wonder - is the program disbanded entirely?

If so, radio silence on it is not cool. @CG_SBCrumb, @CG_Carrie - the players deserve an answer. What is the status of the GameChanger program?

I did see that they are hiring game changers. They could be wanting their own people.
  • Options

So in short you are jealous that someone has access to a test account and you do not.

Each of the GCs have their own accounts and use them on their videos all the time. However, theory crafting is best in the test account, as are things like the tournaments.

It is content that players enjoy and drew attention to the game.

Why do you even care?

Because for some of us the best part of the game is the theory crafting and coming up with new teams and trying things out even if we fail. Right now I’m having as much fun as I’ve ever had because I’ve rolled the dice and spent all my resources on a Republic fleet to test with Anakin. I’m having fun showing off my own team and discussing strategies with other people with Republic fleets.

If the game changers were here they would all have the luxury of running their experiments with maxed out toons, using as many battles as they need with/against whatever combinations they want. I wouldn’t get the enjoyment of experimenting myself and interacting with other theory crafters because we can’t compete with a group of people with a test server most of the time.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    g12 is a long journey just to find out something doesn't work though, which is why people generally like the game changer vids.
  • Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    g12 is a long journey just to find out something doesn't work though, which is why people generally like the game changer vids.

And there will still be plenty of videos out there if they want to wait and see how others do. But instead of before the character is even available it’s a few days or a week later. These packs are available for a month, so it’s not like you need to make a purchasing decision right away.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »

And there will still be plenty of videos out there if they want to wait and see how others do. But instead of before the character is even available it’s a few days or a week later. These packs are available for a month, so it’s not like you need to make a purchasing decision right away.

No, but people do want to be aware as soon as possible. People get whingy when the monthly calender is late, I can't imagine if they had to wait an extra few days/weeks.

Not saying your wrong, if anything I would lean towards your viewpoint. I prefer discovering on my own as well, but there's certainly a large portion who rely on gamechangers to keep them informed and even if it makes no real difference we live in an impatient world.

• ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options

Do you understand the only people they could play against where other game changers and CG staff?

Its not as if they beat a whale on any arena shard.

They were segmented off to their own server, arena and given virtually unlimited resources. They couldnt access legit players or compete with them.

All they could do was show videos of the stuff CG allowed them to and theory craft. Which is helpful to the community.
  • Options
    It's amazing how many people have no idea what a gamechanger account is. It's not a quality-control or beta-testing account. It's not a free-ride for personal use. It's not an advertisement from the developers.

It's nothing more or less than a chance for people who are already producing quality videos to showcase the fullest potential of game content, so the players can make informed decisions on resource allocation.

There is no money gained from this, but the developers do have to release information early in order for the videos to be properly produced. Some people enjoy this aspect, and some don't. Either way, the people who make videos that other people enjoy will continue to do so. This isn't a good or bad thing in a vacuum.
  • Options

Mcmole is the only one? Sorry but that shoots your credibility right there. Dont watch if you dont want to but a lot of the player base enjoy the various gcs for various reasons. Again theres no free ride. Test account dont exist in the actual game.
  • Ugnaught
    481 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Rmaxtpmx wrote: »
    It's amazing how many people have no idea what a gamechanger account is. It's not a quality-control or beta-testing account. It's not a free-ride for personal use. It's not an advertisement from the developers.

It's nothing more or less than a chance for people who are already producing quality videos to showcase the fullest potential of game content, so the players can make informed decisions on resource allocation.

There is no money gained from this, but the developers do have to release information early in order for the videos to be properly produced.
    You don't seem to understand that YouTube is monetized. You also don't seem to comprehend the reality of a consumer base promoting a company basically unrestricted. You have a very naive perspective of game changers.

• Options

Not doubting you because I don't know, but do you have a link to this leak and Crumb response?
  • Options
    I just noticed that every GameChanger I could think of removed the "GameChanger"/"Sponsored by EA"/etc stuff from their YouTube headers. Not all of them had it but many did, and it's all gone now. With the total radio silence over the loss of the test accounts, at this point, I have to wonder - is the program disbanded entirely?

If so, radio silence on it is not cool. @CG_SBCrumb, @CG_Carrie - the players deserve an answer. What is the status of the GameChanger program?

Eh, Ahnald is deleting his channel anyway lol. :D;) (I'm betting not though, he seemed pretty certain and the Grievous rework is looking a lot more likely this month.)
  • Options
    I don't want to pick any sides in this heated exchange going on here but I want to mention a fact. A self stated fact from prominent game changers themselves.

Several game changers mention in their videos they are running a business. A business is run to make money. They have also mentioned they write off , as in on their tax bill, any in game purchases.
  • Ultra
    11514 posts Moderator
    Options
    PsyBaby wrote: »
    I don't want to pick any sides in this heated exchange going on here but I want to mention a fact. A self stated fact from prominent game changers themselves.

Several game changers mention in their videos they are running a business. A business is run to make money. They have also mentioned they write off , as in on their tax bill, any in game purchases.
    Every YouTuber has the ability to do a write-off, I'm not familiar with the legality of it (what conditions need to be met, what expenses can be written off etc.) but I know that you don't need to have a game changer title to do that. You can start your own SW GoH channel and call it a business and be eligible for it too. Something you mentioned yourself... Maybe I misunderstood the point you're making here but

1. It doesn't matter if Gamechangers are running a YouTube business. Its completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. A lot of popular YouTubers are doing that.
    2. I don't understand why you bought this up. I'm really trying to wrap my head around this. Are we suppose to be jealous of them for being able to get some money back on in-game purchases? Because that's just really petty, and everyone is free to spend, earn, and save money however they like and we shouldn't judge anyone for it
  • Options
    I think the moderator should close the post because of insulting people like you
  • Options
    Ugnaught wrote: »
    Rmaxtpmx wrote: »

There is no money gained from this, but the developers do have to release information early in order for the videos to be properly produced.
    You don't seem to understand that YouTube is monetized. You also don't seem to comprehend the reality of a consumer base promoting a company basically unrestricted. You have a very naive perspective of game changers.

That's why I mentioned it.
This discussion has been closed.