I assume we're building up to a Darth Revan ...

Replies

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    by my math we need 3 more. People really think they are going to let players get away with a that old of a character (hk47) .....
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I can’t see them using HK either (but I don’t know what droid they would use dark side). I can’t see them making a total of 4 sith and OR tagged characters, so if Juhani does show, I hope she doesn’t get the Marr treatment. Carth seems more with a pattern of two scoundrels, a droid and two force wielders from last time.

I like the other thread about needing to use maybe OR scoundrels (at this point HK could be used) to unlock Malak to then get Darth Revan like we needed FO to get BB8 to get RJT. This could be the way to stretch it out till 2/2019
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I can’t see them using HK either (but I don’t know what droid they would use dark side). I can’t see them making a total of 4 sith and OR tagged characters, so if Juhani does show, I hope she doesn’t get the Marr treatment. Carth seems more with a pattern of two scoundrels, a droid and two force wielders from last time.

I like the other thread about needing to use maybe OR scoundrels (at this point HK could be used) to unlock Malak to then get Darth Revan like we needed FO to get BB8 to get RJT. This could be the way to stretch it out till 2/2019

Umm... generic sith
    sith commando or any of the others that were in the recent marquee and revan journey

for time frame reference the last marquee characters were introduced ~2.5 months before the revan journey and went to "farm" locations 3 weeks prior to start of revan journey.
    Post edited by scuba on
  • Options
    The signs all point to Darth Revan arriving sooner than later. Good luck to those interested. I’ll pass. I have enough to work on.
  • Options
    I cant see us needing bastila fallen for darth revan as he was a jedi while she was a sith apprentice to darth malak. At this point revan had already fallen and returned to the light. While badtila was a sith apprentice she wanted revan to return to the dark side but he brought her back to the light with the bond they have together. So based on that I believe we will be getting darth malak before revan which we will need these new toons for
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    Love speculation, if Malek is legendary; it could make sense to use older released characters with higher gear requirements. (Marauder,Trooper and Assassin.) having to farm gear can be just as tedious as characters shards.

I’m always apprehensive about going all in before I know the requirements. This is a game of choices.
  • Options
    Marauder, Assasin and Trooper are from SWTOR (MMO), best bests are on
    1)Fallen Bastila
    2)Canderous
    3)HK
    4) ??? (to be released)/Jedi knight Revan
    5) ??? (to be released)

Probably we will see a marquee Malak, but i'm not sure about the fifth slot. Juhani maybe, but that's the unsafer bet of the post (she's light side). Being light side is also the reason i'm not sure about JKRevan.
  • Options
    I feel like this IS Darth Revan...the lead up to Jedi Knight Revan and including the DS descriptors is too hard to ignore. When they told us Revan was coming I originally though we would get a light side, pre-mandolorian wars, version and then a DS pre brain wiping version and then maybe a revan redeemed. Of course they went a different route - more true to the game. Both of the Revans we have (are getting) are the KOTOR end game Revans - one that chooses a light side path and one that chooses a DS path.
    It doesn't matter if the characters required leaned DS or LS, if you went light you could still use Canderous - and he was still evil-ish. If you went Dark then Carth was still flying the ebon hawk. They can very easily require Fallen Bastilla, Canderous, Carth, Juhani, and HK for the DS equivalent in February. The only difficulty is with the character tags - they would need to be character specific instead of faction.
    Letting us use HK won't make a huge difference to their bottom line if the other 4 are on difficult farms - maybe we only get 1 new character in the Cantina this time around.

Either way, sounds fun.
  • Options
    Maybe hk will get the raid han treatment when CLS came around. Gets a rework but not required.

If Malak is a marquee Revan is the legendary. If Malak is a legendary then Jedi Revan to unlock. We ll see soon because they are timing this right with February. (Sith month!)

Marquees to legendary I don’t mind because unlock is 5*.

Marquees to heroes journey is pure pure kitten and really don’t want it to be a thing.

I’m almost positive they stated Jedi Revan will be needed for Darth Revan, so unless they pull an Old Ben for one of the characters, maaaybe we only need 4

I missed that if they said/hinted it. I feel like they have indicated that the DS version will mirror the LS.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Will010688 wrote: »
    I cant see us needing bastila fallen for darth revan as he was a jedi while she was a sith apprentice to darth malak. At this point revan had already fallen and returned to the light. While badtila was a sith apprentice she wanted revan to return to the dark side but he brought her back to the light with the bond they have together. So based on that I believe we will be getting darth malak before revan which we will need these new toons for

You are looking to much at the lore and not at CG can do whatever they want.

also if goth girl is needed for Malak who is needed to get ds revan than goth girl. was needed for revan

My guess is still goth girl, Duke nukem +3 Marques to come in next 1.5 moths will be needed for ds revan in February
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

I laughed a lot when the weeks leading to Ancient Journey announcement was filled with people saying "there is a precedence" and you can't have "heroic journey event without needing a base toon"

precedence doesn't mean squat in this game
  • Fredy5
    328 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    It will be like Jedi Revan. 5 new Marquees. The 1st two have been released. Don't even think they will wait until they release them in HN story before the Legendary Event. This is the Path the game is taking. No more game, only cash. It will just be like Pokemon.
    We already have 5 Han and 5 chewee. Just wait for the 2nd Hk47 that will have the old republic tag
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

I laughed a lot when the weeks leading to Ancient Journey announcement was filled with people saying "there is a precedence" and you can't have "heroic journey event without needing a base toon"

precedence doesn't mean squat in this game

No it doesn't.
  • Options
    So, am I the only one thinking that they're gonna release Carth? He could still be part of the "fall" journey, maybe used early on then killed off or something like OB in Luke's journey. That would be 4, and the 5th could easily be Juhani, or HK. If they're trying for a Xmas event, then it would make sense if they used HK and made Carth legendary (requiring 5 OR toons...), and then you only had like 2-3 weeks to farm dark bastila and Canderous. Or they could have a Carth marquee and Malak Legendary, but I don't really see how Malak would be included as one of your toons in Revan's journey any more than KRU would be on Rey's...
  • Options
    If player chose to go DS with Raven then he had:
    - fight and kill Bindo and Juhani
    - Carth would escape with ship
    - kill Zalbar and Mission Vao unless he earlier blackmailed Zalbar to kill Mission in which case he only had to kill Zalbar

So Carth and Juhani are not options really but then again this is CG and they just put DS Bastila into game so everything is possible I guess.
  • Options
    I'd say it'll be at least 2 or 3 mew marque characters. I don't really see sith marauder, assassin, and trooper being needed specifically for anything. Generic bad guy characters have never been needed specifically for anything. Sith as a faction could be needed but then there are a slew of other choices.

As far as which other marques, it's anyone's guess but we'll probably find out in a few weeks. For now, t he best advice is hoard crystals and farm them as soon as you can. I don't recommend the current crystal packs as they are 1300 crystals for 5 shards. Better to wait and have the crystals to buy the shards from the stores if needed after attempting to ftp farm them.
  • Options
    No matter the hero coming, Malak or Revan most likely this one in my opinion is even more obvious then Revan, so we can expect panic farm time to be a bit shorter to compensate.
  • Megamatch
    32 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I can’t see them using HK either (but I don’t know what droid they would use dark side).

In kotor first you find pieces to make hk on each planet and kotor2 you find pieces each planet to upgrade him (not entirely sure on this, so many years ago).

Maybe we will get a upgraded HK47 that is legendary and later will be needed for Darth Revan? I dont know about you guys but over the years I thought HK almost had more fanboys then Revan himself. Just a crazy thought.
  • CadoaBane
    563 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Why are so many people assuming HK-47 would not be needed for Darth Revan? He was even built by him, so I can easily imagine the two in a team with Malak at one tier of the event. When you say things like "everybody has him", you assume that the majority of players have been around for 2+ years, but most newer players probably never farmed him at all (I only started farming him when Jedi Revan was teased the first time, thinking long term).
    Canderous Ordo, Fallen Bastila plus Darth Malak would be enough marquee chars for that, HK-47 packs for newer players would sell well, too. I think it all depends on the story the event tells: if it's meant to be Revan's own journey to the Dark Side before the events of KOTOR, which is likely after the release of Ordo, and they follow the style of the first Ancient Journey, either Darth Revan would be used as the event character, or (more likely) the 5th requirement will be Jedi Revan.

Edit: For those who are not that familiar with the story, even though Ordo had never seen Revan's face under the mask before meeting in KOTOR, they have been opponents before during the Mandalorian War.
  • Options
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    Why are so many people assuming HK-47 would not be needed for Darth Revan? He was even built by him, so I can easily imagine the two in a team with Malak at one tier of the event. When you say things like "everybody has him", you assume that the majority of players have been around for 2+ years, but most newer players probably never farmed him at all (I only started farming him when Jedi Revan was teased the first time, thinking long term).
    Canderous Ordo, Fallen Bastila plus Darth Malak would be enough marquee chars for that, HK-47 packs for newer players would sell well, too. I think it all depends on the story the event tells: if it's meant to be Revan's own journey to the Dark Side before the events of KOTOR, which is likely after the release of Ordo, and they follow the style of the first Ancient Journey, either Darth Revan would be used as the event character, or (more likely) the 5th requirement will be Jedi Revan.

Edit: For those who are not that familiar with the story, even though Ordo had never seen Revan's face under the mask before meeting in KOTOR, they have been opponents before during the Mandalorian War.

I think the ds version if kotor is more likely. Dark bastilla just doesn't fit into revan's origional fall and neither does canderous. Sure he was on the opposing side, but they didn't really know eachother until the events of kotor.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    I get why everybody thinks it'll be Darth Revan, but I don't think it'll be him. If I had to guess, I would guess Darth Malak will be the big bad wolf who we're building up toward.

Canonically, Revan is light-side and was redeemed and whatnot. Darth Malak was the villain and (at least my mind) it makes the most sense for him to be the legendary this is all leading to.

As cool as a LS Revan vs DS Revan dynamic would be in SWGOH, I think Darth Malak AND Darth Revan would be overkill. Just my thoughts.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Lio wrote: »
    I get why everybody thinks it'll be Darth Revan, but I don't think it'll be him. If I had to guess, I would guess Darth Malak will be the big bad wolf who we're building up toward.

Canonically, Revan is light-side and was redeemed and whatnot. Darth Malak was the villain and (at least my mind) it makes the most sense for him to be the legendary this is all leading to.

As cool as a LS Revan vs DS Revan dynamic would be in SWGOH, I think Darth Malak AND Darth Revan would be overkill. Just my thoughts.

5 Hans, 4 Chewbacca, 2 Leia, 2 Ahsoka, 2 Luke Skywalker, 2 bastila, 2 sid's

why not 2 or 3 revans.
  • Options

If he had not been Darth Revan before, the events of KOTOR and his redemption would have never happened...
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options

Do you remember the Jedi Knight Revan reveal trailer where the four keywords was: Savior, Conqueror, Hero. Villain?

Two of those four were utilized in JKR, Darth Revan would be Darkside with a conqueror ability (unique or lead). Its obvious that Darth Revan is on its way and I think he will have some sort of synergy with Malak after he is released kind of like how Darth Nihilus was reworked with Synergy after his release

we'll find out on the 29th who the remaining three toons are and if Malak is in that list or not
  • Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Hk47 gets rework, Juhani (fallen) and calo nord. Used to get malik

Heroes fall wherein you need a variety of all of them to get you jedi revan to fall and become darth revan.

And hopefully the hawk added to cargo ships

And then a redeemed Revan? Revan was Jedi until he and Alek went to confront the Sith threat, so the Revan journey might still go that route. Thoughts anyone?

• Options
    Don't worry, they'll probably do as they did for Rey. They will make another cash grab or two with Jedi Revan and then make him useless with another cash grab.
  • Options

why not 2 or 3 revans.

2 Yodas, 2 Lando's, 2 Kenobi's, 2 Kylo's, 2 Rey's

And you can bet Rey, Kylo, Luke will all get at least one more version.

Hell, I'm not convinced we're done with Han yet.
  • stiiillwaiting
    40 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    i think we only need 1 more. when the Hero’s journey for Luke & Rey came out, the required toons were respectively:
    - Leia, R2, STHan, Old Ben & Farm Luke
    - Finn, BB, Old Han, Old Chewie & Scav Rey

if they’re going to do a Hero’s Fall for Revan, there’s absolutely no way they do it without requiring Jedi Revan first. so to get Darth Revan i think it’ll need:
    - Malak (Legendary event needing OR toons), Badstilla, HK, a TBA toon (Carth?) and Jedi Revan
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »

why not 2 or 3 revans.

2 Yodas, 2 Lando's, 2 Kenobi's, 2 Kylo's, 2 Rey's

And you can bet Rey, Kylo, Luke will all get at least one more version.

Hell, I'm not convinced we're done with Han yet.

Lol. i kept thinking of more as I wrote that. decided to stop, but yeah I think it shows one version is not all we are limited too.
  • Options
    Sith need a 330 shard character
    The only ones now are 3 Jedi