Prev134
CG_SBCrumb
685 posts EA Community Manager
edited December 2018
a5zfjnisnk3k.gif

UNIT NAME: C-3PO
ALIGNMENT: Light
CATEGORIES: Light Side, Support, Galactic Republic, Rebel, Resistance, Droid
Evasive support character that Confuses foes and strengthens mixed-faction interplay with Translation

ABILITIES:

Basic: BAFFLING TRICK

hpcw4mbwowas.gif

FINAL TEXT: C-3PO inflicts Confuse for 3 turns (max 3 stacks, which cannot be evaded). If the target is already Confused, the duration for all current stacks resets to 3 turns. Reduce target enemy's Turn Meter by 6% and an additional 3% for each stack of Translation on C-3PO. (See Protocol Droid for Translation)

Confuse - Detrimental effects build based on the cumulative number of stacks:
  1. Cannot gain buffs
  2. Cannot counter, assist, or gain bonus Turn Meter (Raid Bosses: -30% Counter Chance)
  3. When this character uses their Basic ability, they increase all of their cooldowns by 1 (Raid Bosses: -50% Defense, does not stack with Defense Down)

Special 1: OH MY GOODNESS! (Cooldown 3)

axvcxfw28k46.gif

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) C-3PO gains Potency Up and Stealth for 2 turns, then he and target other ally gain Translation for 3 turns. C-3PO inflicts Confuse twice on target enemy for 3 turns, then calls all other allies with Translation to assist, dealing 50% less damage.
(See Protocol Droid for a description of Translation.)

Unique 1: PROTOCOL DROID

FINAL TEXT: C-3PO has +20 Speed. While C-3PO is active, Galactic Republic, Rebel, Resistance, and Ewok allies gain the unique buff Translation for 3 turns (max 3 stacks) each time they use a Special ability. Translation cannot be copied. If the character already has Translation, the duration for all current stacks on that character resets to 3 turns. When C-3PO is defeated, all stacks of Translation will expire.

Translation - Beneficial effects build based on the cumulative number of stacks:
  1. Gain 30% Max Health
  2. Gain 15% Critical Chance
  3. When C-3PO uses his Basic ability, decrease this character's cooldowns by 1

Unique 2: WAIT FOR ME!

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) C-3PO and R2-D2 have +10% Evasion for each of their own stacks of Translation. At the start of encounter, C-3PO and R2-D2 gain Translation for 3 turns. When there are no other allied combatants, C-3PO escapes from battle.

Unique 3: INTERMEDIARY

FINAL TEXT: All allies have +10% Defense Penetration. Each time a Galactic Republic or Ewok ally gains a different, non-unique, non-Protection buff, they gain 15% Protection Up for 2 turns (does not stack with itself). For each stack of Translation, Galactic Republic have +10% Defense Penetration, doubled for Ewoks.

Unique 4: CYBORG RELATIONS

FINAL TEXT: All allies have +10% Potency. Whenever a Rebel or Ewok ally uses their Basic ability, they inflict Expose on the target enemy for 2 turns which cannot be evaded. For each stack of Translation, Rebel allies have +10% Potency, doubled for Ewoks.

Unique 5: FRETFUL MEDIATOR

FINAL TEXT: All allies have +10% Critical Damage. Whenever a Resistance or Ewok ally uses their Special ability, they inflict Offense Down on the target enemy for 2 turns which cannot be evaded. For each stack of Translation, Resistance allies have +10% Critical Damage, doubled for Ewoks.

SYNERGY
d7e61gf18jyv.gif
Post edited by CG_SBCrumb on

Replies

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Power creep.
    This is depressing for anyone who likes buffs.
  • too old for this game i am...
  • yohann269
    375 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    @CG_SBCrumb are all the abilities correct? The zetas are different here vs what's on gaming-fan.com and the cooldown for the special ability

From gaming-fan.com

Special 1: OH MY GOODNESS! (Cooldown 4)
    FINAL TEXT: C-3PO gains Potency Up and Stealth for 2 turns, then he and target other ally gain Translation for 3 turns. C-3PO inflicts Confuse twice on target enemy for 3 turns, then calls all other allies with Translation to assist, dealing 50% less damage.

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) C-3PO has +20 Speed. While C-3PO is active, Galactic Republic, Rebel, Resistance, and Ewok allies gain the unique buff Translation for 3 turns (max 3 stacks) each time they use a Special ability. Translation cannot be copied. If the character already has Translation, the duration for all current stacks on that character resets to 3 turns. When C-3PO is defeated, all stacks of Translation will expire.
    Translation – Beneficial effects build based on the cumulative number of stacks:
    1: Gain 30% Max Health
    2: Gain 15% Critical Chance
    3: When C-3PO uses his Basic ability, decrease this character’s cooldowns by 1

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) C-3PO and R2-D2 have +10% Evasion for each of their own stacks of Translation. At the start of encounter, C-3PO and R2-D2 gain Translation for 3 turns. When there are no other allied combatants, C-3PO escapes from battle.
  • Five uniques? Sweet jesus.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• If you don’t run a cleanser or very high tenacity team against C-3PO you basically have ability block, daze, and buff immunity for the whole battle. That doesn’t sound fun.
  • yohann269 wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb are all the abilities correct? The zetas are different here vs what's on gaming-fan.com and the cooldown for the special ability

From gaming-fan.com

FINAL TEXT: C-3PO gains Potency Up and Stealth for 2 turns, then he and target other ally gain Translation for 3 turns. C-3PO inflicts Confuse twice on target enemy for 3 turns, then calls all other allies with Translation to assist, dealing 50% less damage.

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) C-3PO has +20 Speed. While C-3PO is active, Galactic Republic, Rebel, Resistance, and Ewok allies gain the unique buff Translation for 3 turns (max 3 stacks) each time they use a Special ability. Translation cannot be copied. If the character already has Translation, the duration for all current stacks on that character resets to 3 turns. When C-3PO is defeated, all stacks of Translation will expire.
    Translation – Beneficial effects build based on the cumulative number of stacks:

Our apologies, I just noticed that there are some inaccuracies in the info we gave to the Gamechangers. The kit above is correct and we have let them know what's changed. This one is on us as we gave them out of date info unfortunately.
  • Wish these uniques helped droids too.
    Anyhow, the kit is awesome.
  • EDIT: Slight tweak to C-3PO kit. Zeta being moved from unique 1 to special and special cooldown being reduced from 4 to 3.

https://youtu.be/NTDl7p8efUg
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    yohann269 wrote: »

From gaming-fan.com

Our apologies, I just noticed that there are some inaccuracies in the info we gave to the Gamechangers. The kit above is correct and we have let them know what's changed. This one is on us as we gave them out of date info unfortunately.

Thank you for the quick response
  • jedibaer71
    573 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    i miss more droid synergies...
    bb8/r2 of course, but the new droid meta?
    t3-m4, ok...
  • For the "each stack of Translation" uniques, is that cumulative on all allies, or just on the specific ally?
    For each stack of Translation, Rebel allies have +10% Potency, doubled for Ewoks.

i.e. Han has 3 stacks of Translation and so has +30% Potency, or there are 15 stacks of Translation on the team and so he has +150% Potency?
  • What exactly do the zetas do? Like I see final text but what is it before zeta?
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Shouldn't R2 be in that synergy list over Old ben? Seems weird to have his kit so focused around R2 yet he's only in one of the three squads posted, lol. Or even a Ewok team posted, could see him rocking out in the Ewok team that was used to unlock him. All those Ewok basics going out, each one giving expose and hitting ten times harder...

Revan does start with Tenacity up, and Bast gets a lot of it, which you will need to go up against this one. be interesting what people come up with because wow, that's a lot of abilities. Seven. Then I look at characters that have like 3 that all almost do nothing and some even capping with MkIII's... man there is so many outdated characters in this game, lol.

I'm just glad he looks like he will shake things up much more then Chewy. Would have been better to have focused on Ewoks over BH's apparently :D
    Post edited by Gorem on
  • Gorem wrote: »
    Shouldn't R2 be in that synergy list over Old ben? Seems weird to have his kit so focused around R2 yet he's not in any of the three squads posted, lol. Or even a Ewok team posted, could see him rocking out in the Ewok team that was used to unlock him. All those Ewok basics going out, each one giving expose and hitting ten times harder...

Revan does start with Tenacity up, and Bast gets a lot of it, which you will need to go up against this one. be interesting what people come up with because wow, that's a lot of abilities. Seven. Then I look at characters that have like 3 that all almost do nothing and some even capping with MkIII's... man there is so many outdated characters in this game, lol.

I'm just glad he looks like he will shake things up much more then Chewy. Would have been better to have focused on Ewoks over BH's apparently :D

I think the idea is that he opens with the Mind Tricks, hopefully landing a bunch of Ability Block - then confuse can take over from there keeping the enemies from using their specials, and hopefully burning down a few in the process. Or at least that's what I picture.
  • @CG_SBCrumb Do Ewok allies get 20% Crit damage for each stack of Translation on each ally or just the stacks they have on themselves?
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Gorem wrote: »
    Shouldn't R2 be in that synergy list over Old ben? Seems weird to have his kit so focused around R2 yet he's not in any of the three squads posted, lol.

He's in the Res squad. Pretty sure they were just trying to highlight the diverse toons C3 works with.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I’m confused
  • @CG_SBCrumb Do Ewok allies get 20% Crit damage for each stack of Translation on each ally or just the stacks they have on themselves?

You're asking do ewoks gain +300% critical damage or just +70% critical damage? I think it's pretty obvious which one it is. Imagine C-3PO giving +300% Potency, Critical Damage, that would be insanely overpowered. I can see why there's confusion but unless the devs just wanted to make a god-character then there's only one conclusion.
  • Yeah I hear ya, but I’d really like some confirmation on it.
  • Imagine Bastila giving 200% protection up and 150% tenacity... those numbers are not unprecedented...
  • Ah cool, a nice simple kit, no way will we encounter any bugs I'm sure :smile:
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Ah cool, a nice simple kit, no way will we encounter any bugs I'm sure :smile:

Sounds like you've played this game before.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Ah cool, a nice simple kit, no way will we encounter any bugs I'm sure :smile:

They'll fix them as soon as he beats Revan.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I’m surprised no general droid synergy. I was totally wrong lmao.

At least there’s the r2 synergy there.

I think it’s pretty cool he makes Ewoks better.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Edison wrote: »
    Shouldn't R2 be in that synergy list over Old ben? Seems weird to have his kit so focused around R2 yet he's not in any of the three squads posted, lol. Or even a Ewok team posted, could see him rocking out in the Ewok team that was used to unlock him. All those Ewok basics going out, each one giving expose and hitting ten times harder...

I think the idea is that he opens with the Mind Tricks, hopefully landing a bunch of Ability Block - then confuse can take over from there keeping the enemies from using their specials, and hopefully burning down a few in the process. Or at least that's what I picture.

true, problem is thinking meta teams that won't work against Revan since they are immune to a quick old ben doing mind tricks, and I guess against Traya the tm removal still works, but Old ben still seems out of place there. Doing the old CLS/Han/Chewy/C3po/R2 Though, I could see that doing some good work. Han would hit so hard on his turn that he could easily take out whoever he wanted to.
    TVF wrote: »
    Shouldn't R2 be in that synergy list over Old ben? Seems weird to have his kit so focused around R2 yet he's not in any of the three squads posted, lol.

He's in the Res squad. Pretty sure they were just trying to highlight the diverse toons C3 works with.

Ah true, missed that one, I think mainly cause I was focused around the CLS squad, but for RJT I could see C3po doing some good work.

He does look diverse and it will be interesting to see how effective he is in game, can't wait to use him against raid bosses.
  • He's super OP! By the time the enemy finishes reading the ability description, the battle will time out
  • I think it’s strange that he has Galactic Republic, Rebel, and Resistance tags since they were all different eras. All other toons that served multiple factions have era specific variants. ie) General Kenobi vs Old Ben. Same character, but one has GR tag, the other has Rebel tag. Ahsoka- one Rebel, one Jedi, etc..
    Resistance C3PO should be a red armed variant. Would have helped spread out these 7 abilities also, and given room to add the noticeably absent droid synergies.
  • Perdogie wrote: »
    I think it’s strange that he has Galactic Republic, Rebel, and Resistance tags since they were all different eras. All other toons that served multiple factions have era specific variants. ie) General Kenobi vs Old Ben. Same character, but one has GR tag, the other has Rebel tag. Ahsoka- one Rebel, one Jedi, etc..
    Resistance C3PO should be a red armed variant. Would have helped spread out these 7 abilities also, and given room to add the noticeably absent droid synergies.

R2 is the same way. Droids don't age.
  • R2 is the same way.

Touché. Forgot about that.
  • Perdogie wrote: »
    I think it’s strange that he has Galactic Republic, Rebel, and Resistance tags since they were all different eras. All other toons that served multiple factions have era specific variants. ie) General Kenobi vs Old Ben. Same character, but one has GR tag, the other has Rebel tag. Ahsoka- one Rebel, one Jedi, etc..

R2 is the same way. Droids don't age.

Yep, this.

And really, his last 3 uniques are pretty much just if you took Number Crunch and split it out for each faction instead of lumping them all together. I don’t have a problem with it.