Jedi Luke (ROTJ)

Prev134
With the arrival of chewbacca and c3po it seems likely we will get a heroes journey to unlock jedi luke... The characters needed being, CLS, chewbacca, c3po, and 2 others.

Any idea on the other 2?

Replies

• Options
    Hermit Yoda
  • Shadowscream
    970 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Hermit Yoda, ROLO, Captain Han Solo and Wampa have got to all be contenders?
    Or maybe some old and some new?
    e.g. Final fight is Vader and Palpatine vs Jedi Luke?
  • Options
    Could be a revan style event where rotj luke is in the 6th slot. And we need ot chewy, 3cpo, r2, raid han and probably a legendary leia that hasn't been released yet.
  • Options
    Hermit Luke.
  • Options
    Why do people think you need wampa? You didnt need Vader for CLS...
  • Stokat
    830 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Could be you need a lot more than 5 toons for jedi luke if they decide to make a special kind of legendary event/hero’s jorney for it. Might require five companians for one of the stages and 5 villains for another (for example).
  • Options
    Cls r2 c3po han chewie and possibly another leia?
  • Options
    Stokat wrote: »
    Could be you need a lot more than 5 toons for jedi luke if they decide to make a special kind of legendary event/hero’s jorney for it. Might require five companians for one of the stages and 5 villains for another (for example).

Yes i think it's likely it will require more than 5 ridiculously hard to obtain toons. But at the same time they will throw in one or two marquees or BH/Ewok level legendaries to bleed our wallets.
  • Options
    I think they will make Dagobah Luke, Jabba's Palace Luke and Endor Luke before we get to see proper Jedi Luke. $_$
  • Options
    Chewbacca (G11+BH), C3PO (G11+Ewoks, Hermit Yoda (long farm), Rolo, Captain Han Solo (risky farm) and CLS (many toons) If they require also Wampa, then Jedi Luke would be first toon that is not available for new players in a long time. He should be meta for many months. Maybe they wont relase him ’cause they are so deep with all the reqruiments now.
  • Options
    I think it's a safe bet that they will release a new toon which we will need to panic farm. This won't be like CLS where many long time players already had the requirements met before he was released.
  • Gannon
    1637 posts Member
    Options
    im calling it now, it will be captain han solo the hoth one everyone has ignored since they took it off TB.

It's doubtful due to him beyond a simple cantina farm. The other potential candidates are end game only rewards, he doesn't fit.
  • Options
    The 5 characters needed havent been released.

Save up 100K crystals on that assumption and you wont be disappointed
  • Options
    we wont have jedi like yet, we may get a bespin Luke first, bc we have already seen a new leia in the 3po event. so that's the leia we will need, not rolo for jkl
  • Ultra
    11531 posts Moderator
    Options
    I feel like we'll need more than 5 toons for Jedi Luke

There is no money in Chewbacca, R2, C3PO or the other possible choices (ROLO? Raid Han? Hoda?) since how accessible they are now or will be by the time Jedi Luke arrives

They will release new exclusive toons for the sole purpose of Jedi Luke on top of these legendary characters imo
  • Options
    I still don't see ROTJ Luke requiring 3P0. It'll follow the events of EpV, and I think the reqs will be CLS, RHan (or perhaps Hoth Han), ROLO, Chewie, and Hermit Yoda (or possibly Lando? Or someone who hasn't been released yet, or maybe 3P0).
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Yerff_Caasi
    736 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Frankly I'm wondering of ROTJ luke will be released on 1/3/19, right after the Chewie event ends. It would follow the pattern of CLS and JTR where it comes with the second occurrence of the Legendary required for it (R2, BB8, now Chewie). And it would also explain why they pushed Chewie back a couple days--they wanted to make sure everyone was back in the office working when the new event launched.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Gannon
    1637 posts Member
    Options
    I still don't see ROTJ Luke requiring 3P0. It'll follow the events of EpV, and I think the reqs will be CLS, RHan (or perhaps Hoth Han), ROLO, Chewie, and Hermit Yoda (or possibly Lando? Or someone who hasn't been released yet, or maybe 3P0).

That was my thought also, but I don't see snow han being used, chez he doesn't for with the commitment level of the others.
    But I'll take whatever, as long as it's not marquee lol
  • Yerff_Caasi
    736 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Gannon wrote: »

That was my thought also, but I don't see snow han being used, chez he doesn't for with the commitment level of the others.
    But I'll take whatever, as long as it's not marquee lol

Yeah I don't see Hoth Han either, but some I've talked to swear that he will be. That's why I stuck him in.
  • Options

Way way too easy if those are the requirements.

This is a guaranteed money maker. They're not giving it up easy.

There will be atleast a couple of characters yet to be released who will be required and could cover eps V and VI.
  • Options
    They're making enough money on Jedi Revan and Darth Revan as it is, I see no reason to assume they'll do exactly the same thing with Jedi Luke. CLS wasn't a huge money-maker--all the required toons have always been fairly easily accessible. This would just be CLS 2.0. And by making the required toons be an HJ, a Raid, a TB, a Legendary, and a GE-exclusive toons, they would limit Jedi Luke to only being accessible by end-game players. You not only have to be far along, but in a good guild. It's only "easy" if you already have those things. Just like Chewbacca was only "easy" to get if you'd already farmed Bounty Hunters.
  • Options
    Seems people are forgetting Lando in their farm list, assuming CG plays the events of Empire strikes back similar to the CLS event being the events of A New Hope. I wouldn't rule him out just in case
  • Options
    I'm side-farming Lando just in case. But I doubt he'll be used. There are harder-to-get and more important characters from ESB in the game already.
  • Options
    They're making enough money on Jedi Revan and Darth Revan as it is, I see no reason to assume they'll do exactly the same thing with Jedi Luke. CLS wasn't a huge money-maker--all the required toons have always been fairly easily accessible. This would just be CLS 2.0. And by making the required toons be an HJ, a Raid, a TB, a Legendary, and a GE-exclusive toons, they would limit Jedi Luke to only being accessible by end-game players. You not only have to be far along, but in a good guild. It's only "easy" if you already have those things. Just like Chewbacca was only "easy" to get if you'd already farmed Bounty Hunters.

So because they made money on Revan and a toon that hasn't even be released yet there's no reason to make money on Luke?

I like your optimism, I just can't share it.

It is easy, very easy and for more than just end game players.

R2 came back a second time just before CLS. Chewie is back now so unless Luke is dropping next week then Chewie will be back a 3rd, possibly 4th time before Luke drops. So yup, that's easy - and probably the hardest of those you mentioned to achieve.
  • Options
    Seems people are forgetting Lando in their farm list, assuming CG plays the events of Empire strikes back similar to the CLS event being the events of A New Hope. I wouldn't rule him out just in case

The problem I've always had with this assumption is that if we play the events of ESB for Jedi Luke then what is there to get from the events of ROTJ? Old man Luke just doesn't feel right for me in this context.

I'm still thinking ROTJ Luke will incorporate ROTJ events in it as well.
  • Gannon
    1637 posts Member
    Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »

The problem I've always had with this assumption is that if we play the events of ESB for Jedi Luke then what is there to get from the events of ROTJ? Old man Luke just doesn't feel right for me in this context.

Don't think of it in terms of the movie, but in terms of his character progression. In rotj, he appeared at the beginning as a full fledged (supposedly) Jedi. So nothing in that movie should really count towards his journey, right?
  • Options
    They're not bound to canon, so they could totally introduce an OP post-ROTJ Luke from when he was like the most powerful Jedi who ever lived. A journey to that character could follow the events of ROTJ. Old Man Luke would probably be a Marquee. Or maybe a GE toon like Hoda. But I don't see him getting an event.
  • Options
    Gannon wrote: »
    JaggedJ wrote: »

Don't think of it in terms of the movie, but in terms of his character progression. In rotj, he appeared at the beginning as a full fledged (supposedly) Jedi. So nothing in that movie should really count towards his journey, right?

Depends. Yoda said he wasn't a Jedi until he confronted Vader again. It's very subjective on where his journey starts and ends in that regard.

CLS is also beyond what Luke was at the start of ESB. So how Luke appeared at the start of rotj is irrelevant when CLS in no way resembles start of ESB Luke.