Why change zFinn?

Replies

• Options
    Daishi wrote: »
    Now I know THIS particular team uses Han who always shoots first. If you want to beat them, use your own han to stun theirs. 50/50 chance you'll go first and invalidate the strategy entirely. Use an auto-taunting tank that you've modded with crazy high tenacity to block the expose train. It won't make han shoot first at it, but itll stop the train after the initial shot. You may need one like zeta bossk or obi that will re-taunt when dispelled, or GK who will re-taunt when someone is crit.

Won't work. Beyond the fact that you're advocating to use a coinflip (which han shoots first), you're ignoring that han CAN'T be stunned when he has guard. Also, all the tenacity in the world will do nothing for you when chewie inflicts tenacity down. Confuse prevents buff gain (so no taunting), and you have two dispellers on the team (RT and Chewie).

• TVF
    36609 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Liath wrote: »
    I don’t think you’re understanding what I’m saying. Beating the team is usually not a problem. The problem is that once in a while the RNG is such that I can lose without even getting a turn. I think that is bad game design and such loops ought not happen.

I've had this happen vs FO teams, palp teams, JTR teams. If they outspeed me, their kit has so much TM gain that they can get the train running and clear me before I can move (if I use the wrong team).

Now I know THIS particular team uses Han who always shoots first. If you want to beat them, use your own han to stun theirs. 50/50 chance you'll go first and invalidate the strategy entirely. Use an auto-taunting tank that you've modded with crazy high tenacity to block the expose train. It won't make han shoot first at it, but itll stop the train after the initial shot. You may need one like zeta bossk or obi that will re-taunt when dispelled, or GK who will re-taunt when someone is crit.

What I'm saying is in PvP there are strategies to use to work around these teams. You're using paper and trying to beat scissors. Go find a rock and bash it.

So you know that Han only gives a 50/50 chance and you’re suggesting that to fix the problem I’m addressing that already happens less than 50% of the time? Sure. High tenacity still doesn’t work because of Chewie, which I already mentioned.

I have no problem with you losing because you are too slow or using the wrong team. I have a problem with there being nothing available to prevent this. There is no rock.

You can tell the person who is telling others to use a strategy that they've never used themselves, because Han cannot be stunned since Chewie guards him.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I’m not a fan of Zfinn autoing the HAAT in an infinite loop... it “nerfs/undermines” all the other HAAT teams that everyone has invested in.

You could have said that when it happened to the Rancor too.

There’s a million different ways/teams that can solo the rancor.
    I’m not a fan of Zfinn autoing the HAAT in an infinite loop... it “nerfs/undermines” all the other HAAT teams that everyone has invested in.

By this logic Revan should be Nerfed because Revan getting 20+ million dmg de-valued all who invested in Rey to get 5-10M dmg. BH should be Nerfed because they are better than chex.

Games develop over time the raid has been out over a year now and even with g12 and all zetas and all potency mods u still have to hope rng goes in your favor. I have C3po and zfinn and my best run was 25% so its not as easy as auto and walk away.

This team takes lots of planning, several legendary toons, elite mods and good RNG on top of it all to score well. Just because someone posted a video on auto with their +136% potency god mod team and auto-d the whole phase doesn't mean everyone can do it. If someone has Han and 3po and zfinn and chewbacca g12 all 7* plus mods to bump to 125%+ potency they should be able to score really really well, some would argue solo a phase at that point.

Kinda depressing to see the continual nerfs to preserve the sith raid, clearing p3 isn't gonna make smaller weaker guilds pass the raid if they cant get out of p1 or 2 on heroic then soloing p3 is irrelevant.

Creating teams like the Wampanater... grand strategist, Chex Mix, Etc... requires skill and strategy to learn. Let’s throw that all out the windo so you just get one toon, click a button and declare yourself the goat in HSTR & HAAT.

Other teams can solo the HAAT... but there’s some skill & strategy & setting it up that’s required not to mention most characters G12+ with great speed mods. ZFinn is an infinite loops with some garbage toons soloing it on auto not with Revan, or Jedi Knight Luke... but C3PO?

Let’s just release Jar Jar and have him solo the HSTR and blame it on power creep. My goodness.
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

You could have said that when it happened to the Rancor too.

There’s a million different ways/teams that can solo the rancor.

Of course. It's the oldest raid.

And the argument that it's a "bad" (in your opinion) Star Wars character that allows this in HAAT is completely irrelevant.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    I don’t think you’re understanding what I’m saying. Beating the team is usually not a problem. The problem is that once in a while the RNG is such that I can lose without even getting a turn. I think that is bad game design and such loops ought not happen.

I've had this happen vs FO teams, palp teams, JTR teams. If they outspeed me, their kit has so much TM gain that they can get the train running and clear me before I can move (if I use the wrong team).

What I'm saying is in PvP there are strategies to use to work around these teams. You're using paper and trying to beat scissors. Go find a rock and bash it.

So you know that Han only gives a 50/50 chance and you’re suggesting that to fix the problem I’m addressing that already happens less than 50% of the time? Sure. High tenacity still doesn’t work because of Chewie, which I already mentioned.

I have no problem with you losing because you are too slow or using the wrong team. I have a problem with there being nothing available to prevent this. There is no rock.

You can tell the person who is telling others to use a strategy that they've never used themselves, because Han cannot be stunned since Chewie guards him.

Heh. I didn’t even notice that part of the suggestion, but yeah, also true.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Yeah, I've not had to counter that team myself cause I use revan and their tenacity prevents it from being a problem. I have a rock. I know the feeling tho because before revan I was running JTR and traya teams felt the exact same to me. I might get a chance to go once, but then they'd stomp me before I could do much. And that was 100% of the time, not "every once in awhile".

The anger at this team seems to be because it uses an old meta leader (zFinn) and a new meta legendary (3p0) to make Finn actually work reliably. Along with a raid only toon (Han) and another legendary (chewie) to beat teams.
    So you have 2 new legendaries, a raid only toon, and I'm assuming CLS, a hero journey toon.

2 legendaries, a journey, a raid toon, and an old meta leader. That should be a pretty rough team! I'd say one thing they should change is not allow hans shoot first to apply expose and it would fix the whole issue in PvP
  • Options
    T

So stun chewie instead so he cant assist and ally tenacity down, this preventing the exposes from sticking to your high tenacity toons and stopping the train? I've never used this but it's an idea.
  • Eddiemundie
    1070 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Nitrogen wrote: »
    It is not enough to change Traya. ZFin and C3-PO can get in an infinite loop in arena as well. There was that video with a zMaul-Triumvirate-Nest team facing zFin and C3-PO and basically the resistance team was hitting Nest for almost two minutes without anyone else taking a turn until the battle timed out. It's one thing to get to a situation like this when there is a stand alone Nest vs zFinn or CLS C3 team, but all the other 4 sith were alive, they were just stealthed and couldn't take a turn.

So you're saying that a full team can attack Nest for two minutes and time out.... but the team attacking is the problem? Do you understand how ridiculous that sounds?

If u send nest against zfinn, u have a bad strategy. Nest becomes the main target in a zaul-trium-nest team, and exposes just keep her prot going up cause she receives damage twice per hit.

If you want to complain, why not complain about nest? Nest is the problem, not zfinn.
  • Options
    KM1 wrote: »
    For those who want to nerf ZFinn because he's irritating, I could say the same of NS or Nest. I run a zFinn squad with 3PO and R2. My team falls over 40+ spots. But I am willing to live with it. When I ran a Bastilla led Jedi squad, I learned to avoid NS because they were a boring and difficult challenge. If you find my team comp annoying, go around it. Just because you haven't theory crafted and modded your team to take mine down is not a reason to nerf my team.

If there is a team that is guaranteed not to be caught by the loop tell me what it is and I will happily use it. I’ve tried to think about it but I haven’t come up with anything. Tenacity doesn’t fix it since Chewie inflicts tenacity down. If it was just one team that’s not a good counter to this, I wouldn’t be complaining. I am not a great theorycrafter and I am open to advice.

It’s hard to “go around” the team in 1st.

The counter is... revan. Why not nerf revan then?
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options
    I don't have Revan but if Revan is beating this team then there's even less likelihood they'll change it outside the raid lol.
  • Options
    I don't have Revan but if Revan is beating this team then there's even less likelihood they'll change it outside the raid lol.

Well alternatively u could run a mirror match for 50/50 chances.

Revan should be able to deal with it given tht savior will kick in at some point and may change the order of play. I can’t say for sure since no one on my shard has tried it and nobody wants to either.
  • Options
    C3P0 needs to be changed so it does not enable this kind of thing to happen.
    I got G12 (L)zBastilla, zGMY, zEzra, Old Ben and Thrawn on my arena team (all 7* too) and about week ago I run into one of those teams and said to myself "cool, easy climb up". Team had 5* ZFinn (G8), 5* Chewie (G8) and 5* C3P0 (G7) plus Han and somebody else.
    Then I watched that garbage take turn after turn killing my Old Ben and then Thrawn before finaly losing their train and allowing me to go so that my GMY can freaking one shoot them.
    All I can say is Thank God for auto taunt on Old Ben because if it was not for it my squishies would probably be dead before I got my turn.
    But this should not be happening at least not with this kind of garbage gear and stars and not in 50-65 arena rank range.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    T

So stun chewie instead so he cant assist and ally tenacity down, this preventing the exposes from sticking to your high tenacity toons and stopping the train? I've never used this but it's an idea.

Still depends on your Han going first.
    KM1 wrote: »
    For those who want to nerf ZFinn because he's irritating, I could say the same of NS or Nest. I run a zFinn squad with 3PO and R2. My team falls over 40+ spots. But I am willing to live with it. When I ran a Bastilla led Jedi squad, I learned to avoid NS because they were a boring and difficult challenge. If you find my team comp annoying, go around it. Just because you haven't theory crafted and modded your team to take mine down is not a reason to nerf my team.

If there is a team that is guaranteed not to be caught by the loop tell me what it is and I will happily use it. I’ve tried to think about it but I haven’t come up with anything. Tenacity doesn’t fix it since Chewie inflicts tenacity down. If it was just one team that’s not a good counter to this, I wouldn’t be complaining. I am not a great theorycrafter and I am open to advice.

It’s hard to “go around” the team in 1st.

The counter is... revan. Why not nerf revan then?

No it isn’t.
  • Jwalker1900
    30 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I’m betting most of you complaining didn’t bother to gear your ewoks and earn C3po. I don’t understand why some of you are so mad about the HAAT solo and the p3 solo. Tank is so **** old and drops garbage loot; who cares if 15-20 people solo the **** thing. P3 sith has been the worst phase since the inception of hstr, I’m so tired of backing out because I get the wrong combination of swords, pao gets killed/isolated, or han gets isolated. People claim that takes skill and gear, but sounds more like random **** luck to me...
  • Options
    Zinke7 wrote: »
    I got G12 (L)zBastilla, zGMY, zEzra, Old Ben and Thrawn on my arena team (all 7* too) and about week ago I run into one of those teams and said to myself "cool, easy climb up". Team had 5* ZFinn (G8), 5* Chewie (G8) and 5* C3P0 (G7) plus Han and somebody else.
    Then I watched that garbage take turn after turn killing my Old Ben and then Thrawn before finaly losing their train and allowing me to go so that my GMY can freaking one shoot them.
    All I can say is Thank God for auto taunt on Old Ben because if it was not for it my squishies would probably be dead before I got my turn.
    But this should not be happening at least not with this kind of garbage gear and stars and not in 50-65 arena rank range.

I use the same team as you except with GK in place of Thrawn, and have yet to lose against a zFinn with Han, Chewie, and Threepio. In fact, most battles are over within 45 seconds to a minute.
  • Options

I use the same team as you except with GK in place of Thrawn, and have yet to lose against a zFinn with Han, Chewie, and Threepio. In fact, most battles are over within 45 seconds to a minute.

I did not lose battle but have lost 2 characters and opponent took quite few attacks to do so. My point is that such team with three 5* characters two of which were G7 should not be even able to climb that high in rankings.
  • Options

I did not lose battle but have lost 2 characters and opponent took quite few attacks to do so. My point is that such team with three 5* characters two of which were G7 should not be even able to climb that high in rankings.

And then they drop 120 spots over night. That's a ridiculously terrible defensive team and as you said, your guy one shotted them. Who cares if they can climb really well
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    You guys don't get that zfinn and c3po can create endlessloops everywhere, or do you?

I get it, i just dont care. Let them test their shizzle upon releasing it. Within 1 day people come up with these teams yet CG fails to think/test ahead.
  • Options
    I’m betting most of you complaining didn’t bother to gear your ewoks and earn C3po. I don’t understand why some of you are so mad about the HAAT solo and the p3 solo. Tank is so **** old and drops garbage loot; who cares if 15-20 people solo the **** thing. P3 sith has been the worst phase since the inception of hstr, I’m so tired of backing out because I get the wrong combination of swords, pao gets killed/isolated, or han gets isolated. People claim that takes skill and gear, but sounds more like random **** luck to me...

@Jwalker1900 can you explain the wrong sword combo to me?
  • Options

If u dont have chewie- retribution or foresight on all 3 sabers.

And then right before the swords attack a standalone han, foresight and retribution. So while in standalone, foresight saber clears tenacity up then retribution saber inflicts daze and screws up ur run.

If you have chewie, then it’s 3 retribution sabers at the start, then foresight sabers right to dispel a buffed standalone han.

In all cases, there’s always the possibility of traya isolating han and there goes your run. If you have chewie, traya can also isolate chewie so once han’s standalone is over, chewie wont be assisting at all.

Annnnnd traya can dodge deathmark.
  • Options

Yup agreed. Its not like top 10 for each hsr changes much anw. Just reduces everyone’s pain.
  • Options

And then right before the swords attack a standalone han, foresight and retribution. So while in standalone, foresight saber clears tenacity up then retribution saber inflicts daze and screws up ur run.

If you have chewie, then it’s 3 retribution sabers at the start, then foresight sabers right to dispel a buffed standalone han.

In all cases, there’s always the possibility of traya isolating han and there goes your run. If you have chewie, traya can also isolate chewie so once han’s standalone is over, chewie wont be assisting at all.

The rng of p3 certainly is there...but thats because the way stand alone works. If it would simply give all stats from every character the whole system would work smooth. A tank could have been there to eat the isolate and voila, but the design decision another.

Against dodge works a precision arrow well. Its also good to use on talia for p4 (too greedy to zeta talzin for a broken p3 run). DT just needs 179 speed which easily to obtain with a precision arrow ;-)

To have way less rng you could use tenacity sets for dt, pao and han (well...minus 20% dmg) to get no ability block.
  • Options
    XKurareX wrote: »

The rng of p3 certainly is there...but thats because the way stand alone works. If it would simply give all stats from every character the whole system would work smooth. A tank could have been there to eat the isolate and voila, but the design decision another.

Against dodge works a precision arrow well. Its also good to use on talia for p4 (too greedy to zeta talzin for a broken p3 run). DT just needs 179 speed which easily to obtain with a precision arrow ;-)

To have way less rng you could use tenacity sets for dt, pao and han (well...minus 20% dmg) to get no ability block.

At the expense of offense? Alright, go ahead and mod ur toons that way.

Nobody cares about ability block btw, it’s the dispelling of tenacity up that we actually care about.
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options
    XKurareX wrote: »

Nobody cares about ability block btw

Pao cares about ability block.
  • Options

Nobody cares about ability block btw, it’s the dispelling of tenacity up that we actually care about.

Ability block can be an issue -- you need 3 special abilities -- offense up, deathmark, stand alone. If you run Chewie, you don't need tenacity up.

• TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options

Ability block can be an issue -- you need 3 special abilities -- offense up, deathmark, stand alone. If you run Chewie, you don't need tenacity up.

I don't know why this happens, and I also don't know if it applies to Chex Mix, but with Bounty and the Beast you only have to worry about Pao getting ability blocked. If it happens to DT or Greedo, killing the first saber clears it for some reason.

The only other concern with ability block is if it happens to Boba and he has to kill a saber with foresight. Still possible if he double taps, but easier if he has execute available.
  • Options
    I have a zFinn and he seems worthless. Dies so fast. I think I must be using him wrong.
  • Options

I don't know why this happens, and I also don't know if it applies to Chex Mix, but with Bounty and the Beast you only have to worry about Pao getting ability blocked. If it happens to DT or Greedo, killing the first saber clears it for some reason.

The only other concern with ability block is if it happens to Boba and he has to kill a saber with foresight. Still possible if he double taps, but easier if he has execute available.

Killing a saber does clear the ability block. The issue with Chewie Chex is that, unless you hit a saber with foresight on Han's opening shot, the saber is killed before they go, so you can't subsequently kill one to clear the ability block.
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options
    I have a zFinn and he seems worthless. Dies so fast. I think I must be using him wrong.

Definitely using him wrong.
  • FREEDOMfrom
    474 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

Definitely using him wrong.

On occasion I just try to use him in a resistance team. zFinn, Rey, R2, BB8 and Poe. My Poe also sucks, so that team gets blown out of the water. I'll have JTR on the 24th though so i'm not worried.