Strong hint Revan is close

Replies

• Options
    Just seen a post over at the unofficial forums (read: reddit) showing the contents of the weekly shipments store from a future person.

Bastila, Zaalbar, Mission, Jolee and T3 are the character shards available for crystals, in the same place where BH were for Chewie, Ewoks for Threepio and BH Ships for the Falcon.

Thoughts?

Mentioned post available here: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/ajbcqy/this_weeks_weekly_crystal_shipments/

Throw in the Star Forge and you have me convinced.
  • Options
    Ah heck. I’ll have T3-M4 and Mission ready, could maybe have Bastila, but Jolee and Zaalbar are barely started. Oh well, I’ll get Revan next time.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    I truly hope Revan doesn't return a month before his counter is released. It will bring us back to the days of 50 straight CLS portraits in the top 50 - and who knows how far beyond that). I don't think any of us will be able to stand the onslaught of complaints about Revan mirrors, of which there will be many.

Please give us an OR Darth first. Please. Pretty please.

Full disclosure - I have an account that's ready to bring him to "done" barring G12+ pieces within minutes of his event going live, and I still don't want him to come along yet. Give the whales their due!

Yeah everyone will see the plight of Revan owners. Some in my arena are using Rebels on offense just to not go through that.
  • Ultra
    11553 posts Moderator
    Options
    C3PO is a good counter to Revan but he needs to shine for 3 weeks for FTP to be happy with before he becomes irrelevant with the next big toon

It’s also Sith month and historically this month is when the meta always changes (EP rework / Darth Nihilus / Darth Sion)

CG is trying to incentivize those who are close to getting Revan but haven’t yet to spend on him after months of frustration facing him before making him useless
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    C3PO is a good counter to Revan but he needs to shine for 3 weeks for FTP to be happy with before he becomes irrelevant with the next big toon

It’s also Sith month and historically this month is when the meta always changes (EP rework / Darth Nihilus / Darth Sion)

CG is trying to incentivize those who are close to getting Revan but haven’t yet to spend on him after months of frustration facing him before making him useless

They are doing a poor job then. I started grinding right after he left and I've been done for almost a month, no money down.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    You only need to look at how CLS and JTR's domination of arena was cut out from under them around the time they returned to know it'll be no different this time around (poor JTR even got bumped by a mere rework). CG will let everyone frantically unlock and gear revan up before the next shiny toon gets dangled in front of everyone.
    Still, Revan is a great addition to any roster, so long as you have the right jedi to properly back him up (gmy, bast, gk, jolee, ezra, hermit, old ben - choose 4) - with the zetas :)
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Ultra
    11553 posts Moderator
    Options

They are doing a poor job then. I started grinding right after he left and I've been done for almost a month, no money down.
    Its debatable, There are still plenty of people grinding him and are nowhere close, and some are close but not quite there (CGs target demographic). Its also a ploy to deplete crystal reserves of people who don't spend but have enough crystals to get the shards for Revan just so they are short of the next big thing

They have the numbers and the data and only they can tell if they are doing a good job or not
  • Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    You only need to look at how CLS and JTR's domination of arena was cut out from under them around the time they returned to know it'll be no different this time around (poor JTR even got bumped by a mere rework). CG will let everyone frantically unlock and gear revan up before the next shiny toon gets dangled in front of everyone.

Yeah, that's how these sort of games work. If the newer characters weren't better than the existing ones, then why would anyone spend any effort getting the new ones? If people can just sit on their current characters for the next 2 years and not lose any ground to anyone else, then no one would spend any money and the game would be dead. By the way, CLS has had a resurgence with Chewie and C3PO. CLS remains one of the most valuable characters in the game, as does JTR.
  • Options
    I moved from the mid 50-100 range to the almost reaching 20 by swapping to CLS led 3PO, LegChew, R2,and Raid Han. First time this high in arena for about a year. Reavan should be mine next time he drops.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options

Its debatable, There are still plenty of people grinding him and are nowhere close, and some are close but not quite there (CGs target demographic). Its also a ploy to deplete crystal reserves of people who don't spend but have enough crystals to get the shards for Revan just so they are short of the next big thing

They have the numbers and the data and only they can tell if they are doing a good job or not

My point is this, the faster they push revans return, the more people will panic, they more they will spend. How many people who are close would drop 10, 20 or 50 dollars to finish of KotOR characters because revan is coming back in 3 days vs another month?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

My point is this, the faster they push revans return, the more people will panic, they more they will spend. How many people who are close would drop 10, 20 or 50 dollars to finish of KotOR characters because revan is coming back in 3 days vs another month?

And his point is that they are better equipped to analyze that question than you are. There are people who may be close now and would spend money, and there are people that aren’t close yet but will be in a month. There are also other factors such as making sure there is sufficient incentive to want to get these characters the first time around.

The people running this game may have a lot of flaws, but I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to figuring out the best ways to monetize the game. That’s one thing they do extremely well.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    kalidor wrote: »

Yeah, that's how these sort of games work. If the newer characters weren't better than the existing ones, then why would anyone spend any effort getting the new ones?

Of course. I simply think people should have tempered expectations when it comes to getting Revan the second time around and then expecting to dominate in arena. Get him for TW and GA, but don't bank on him carrying you in arena for very long.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »

And his point is that they are better equipped to analyze that question than you are. There are people who may be close now and would spend money, and there are people that aren’t close yet but will be in a month. There are also other factors such as making sure there is sufficient incentive to want to get these characters the first time around.

The people running this game may have a lot of flaws, but I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to figuring out the best ways to monetize the game. That’s one thing they do extremely well.

I know what he's saying. I am speculating.
  • Options
    I moved from the mid 50-100 range to the almost reaching 20 by swapping to CLS led 3PO, LegChew, R2,and Raid Han. First time this high in arena for about a year. Reavan should be mine next time he drops.

psst ... @DaarthBrewer Here's a dirty little secret: if you can hit top 20, you can hit 1. Depending on shard age, if you can hit top 50, you can hit 1. You just have to want to bad enough.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

psst ... @DaarthBrewer Here's a dirty little secret: if you can hit top 20, you can hit 1. Depending on shard age, if you can hit top 50, you can hit 1. You just have to want to bad enough.

And be in the shard chat, otherwise you will probably get stomped back to the 50 - 100 range. Also, from my experience, CLS has a hard time against proper Revan teams.
  • Options
    I think it is a little ridiculous that weekly shipments often offer more communication on future events than CG does.
  • Options
    Ill get revan and put him to G12+

Ill still run Sith on offence. Once you have the sequence worked out you win 95% of the time and not run into timeout issues. Then swap to Revan overnight
  • Mikek
    110 posts Member
    Options
    I fail to see why everybody is so excited about him. Nearly everyone is ready for him so he wont give you any competitive advantage. Arena will just be full of Revans and battles will be long and super boring.
  • Dar_Penthar
    598 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    My 2 Cents... for what is worth... is do not spend to get Revan this time. If you're not ready don't bother. His time in the Meta will be done sometime in February.

My 'Bold' prediction is Darth Malak drops as a counter to Revan in February and the unlock toons for the event are Revan, Emo Basti, Juhanni, Carth and Ordo to round out your group of 5. So if you're not going to buy the new OR toons for the unlock of Malak don't bother buying Revan to try and get to the top of Arena. You'll never see the return on your investment because the new Meta will be Malak, Treya, Scion, Nihlus and probably emo Basti....
  • Options
    Mikek wrote: »
    I fail to see why everybody is so excited about him. Nearly everyone is ready for him so he wont give you any competitive advantage. Arena will just be full of Revans and battles will be long and super boring.

Because some combination of revan, yodas, Jedi Luke, jedi rey is gonna be stooopid XD
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Mikek wrote: »

Because some combination of revan, yodas, Jedi Luke, jedi rey is gonna be stooopid XD

Been looking at the CG 3 year plan have we?

• Options
    Great, another p2w character with a long grind for us f2p
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Great, another p2w character with a long grind for us f2p

If you miss Jedi Revanue this time around you have absolutely nobody to blame but yourself. @PeterBahama first time it was reasonable to be miffed at CG for the blatant cash grab and necessity of spending hundreds to get him. This time though? Stop. You have had plenty of time to farm the required toons and the gear. I’ve been ready for him now for the last month and have had his gear ready as well. And in that same time I’ve gotten Chewy to 7*, 2x Zeta and G12+, 3PO to 7*, Zeta and G12+, and also unlocked OG falcon at 5* and have his abilities maxed.
    It’s all resource management. I’ve been F2P since CG’s nonsense move with JTR requiring P2W toons

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Options
    I am just clicking on this thread and the forums non stop desperately hoping for a date. All I want in this game is revan. The wait is so painful.
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I'm basically 0/100 for both Jolee and zalbaar, everyone else is done.

If it's the 31st, I'm in for a tough ride. Just did zalbaar 24 times and got 2 shards. Day can't get any worse.
  • Haruk
    108 posts Member
    Options
    Zal is done, Jolee n Bast are close, but Mission and T3 are far off.

However, I have over 10k crystals saved up just for him :)
  • Options
    Had all of them at 7* and 60K crystals saved up.

But decided to spend some of the stash to get a 7* Falcon. 7* Revan is sorted and i hope to get back up to around 50K crystals before Darth Revan/Malak arrive
  • Options
    Malak will def come before REVAN imo. Maybe a counter to DARTH REVAN will b MALAK or MEETRA SURIK! who knows! Just get ur OR toons up!
  • Options
    Still 50 Mission's shards and I'm ok.