Worried about quitting arena in fear of being bullied.

Prev1
Me and one of the discord chat officers have recently had a dispute. I have hit him during my PO and he doesn't like it. His reason is because his PO is two hours after mine and that I should be hitting "outsiders" aka people who are not in the group chat instead of him. He told me that if I hit him again that he will hit me. I told the group leader and the group leader is on his side and told me that I need to change or else they'll kick me out of chat and gang up on me. So, I have been considering quitting chat but then that will just make me an "outsider" and I will get bullied either way. What should I do ?

Replies

• Options
    Seems as though you will have to give in. Many shard groups are very cooperative and would not allow for a single member to claim some kind of special role. There are many little tyrants and the game design encourages them to display their less desirable personality traits.
  • gflegui
    294 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    It is simple... ask them if they can move before hiting on them or ask if they have some problem if you hit them. If you just hit people with a PO in the next couple of hours they have good reason to warn you.
  • Options
    gflegui wrote: »
    It is simple... ask them if they can move before hiting on them or ask if they have some problem if you hit them. If you just hit people with a PO in the next couple of hours they have good reason to warn you.

thanks, but I run my ships arena and I would never say that to one of our guys nor do I have "outsiders" that we hit so that the group is always at the top and everyone else is beneath us. I just don't want to be in their group anymore. Tired of it but I am also FTP.
  • Options
    Stay strong, do what you want. The issue, of course, is that once in the mob, oh I'm sorry, once participating in collusion, you can never really get out. So good luck either way
  • Options
    artusa wrote: »
    Me and one of the discord chat officers have recently had a dispute. I have hit him during my PO and he doesn't like it. His reason is because his PO is two hours after mine and that I should be hitting "outsiders" aka people who are not in the group chat instead of him. He told me that if I hit him again that he will hit me. I told the group leader and the group leader is on his side and told me that I need to change or else they'll kick me out of chat and gang up on me. So, I have been considering quitting chat but then that will just make me an "outsider" and I will get bullied either way. What should I do ?

Why did you hit him was he your max jump?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Does your arena chat have a rule set? If they do, you have to obey them or risk the boot. We take a vote on such occasions which only happened once. But then we are relaxed about most things as long as people show good will.

For example in your case we would expect you to go around if that's possible by your means and you still have time. We would also expect you to tag the person so they can move out of the way. If one of these conditions is an emergency you can just do it. But if you are doing it this way all the time without any forewarning, that would cause a ruckus.
  • Options

yes
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Try not to make it personal though. Hope they don't as well. Shard chats shouldn't be hierarchical. If you can't afford to, don't get kicked. They will villanously bump you around if you do, the "so that you learn your lesson" mindset.
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    Does your arena chat have a rule set? If they do, you have to obey them or risk the boot. We take a vote on such occasions which only happened once. But then we are relaxed about most things as long as people show good will.

For example in your case we would expect you to go around if that's possible by your means and you still have time. We would also expect you to tag the person so they can move out of the way. If one of these conditions is an emergency you can just do it. But if you are doing it this way all the time without any forewarning, that would cause a ruckus.

I was within the rules to hit him. Rules state that I should not hit him unless no choice. He climbed from 13-8-4. I climbed from 12-8-4. I cannot beat the guy at 5 so I went for him. During my PO hour.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Lastly 5th and 9th spot should be kept open. Doesn't matter if other spots are your max jump. If you plan accordingly you can easily prefer someone else in the route without costing you a match at the end of the run after all.
  • Options
    Try not to make it personal though. Hope they don't as well. Shard chats shouldn't be hierarchical. If you can't afford to, don't get kicked. They will villanously bump you around if you do, the "so that you learn your lesson" mindset.

Terrible. This is called bullying.
  • Options
    Lastly 5th and 9th spot should be kept open. Doesn't matter if other spots are your max jump. If you plan accordingly you can easily prefer someone else in the route without costing you a match at the end of the run after all.

Please read again.
  • Options

yes

That’s what I figured. Think of it like this, by you saving crystals by doing a max jump will possibly cause him to have to spend crystals in order to get his payout.

Hit enemies 1st, finished payouts 2nd. If someone is in your way ask them if they can move. If you don’t get a respond in 5 to 10 minutes then I would say you can hit them....but ask the shard chat if this would be ok beforehand.

Working together is better than your shard chat teaming up on you and knocking you back so far that your stuck spending more crystals than you would need to otherwise without a shard chat.

Avoiding payouts who haven’t collected yet is a courteous way of working together with your shard chat. Even if you do have to spend 50 crystals to refresh battles it’s still better than having to refresh multiple times because your shard chat will always target you and knock you back.

I’d apologize, say it won’t happen again and I’d follow the rules they make and work with them if I was you:
  • Options
    If you had no other choice because this was the only team you could beat, they should be understanding. It's unreasonable to expect you to accept a worse payout when the other player still has two hours to climb up the ranks again.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Chances of getting hit back if you attack someone 2 hours prior to his/her pay-out are a whole lot higher than if you hit someone who's nowhere near pay-out, regardless of whether or not he/she is on a shardchat.
    I personally avoid everyone who's reasonably close to pay-out, whether they're on the chat or not. It's just more efficient. It makes no difference in the total amount of attempts needed to reach top3 if i hit #8 with a max jump or just hit #9 because the player in #9 is nowhere near his pay-out.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    If he's two hours after you and is climbing at the same time as you, ask him to wait a little bit or declare your climb path so that people climbing after you are aware of it and there's it's easier to see what happened for the rest of the chat if they do jump in your path.

Little dust ups and miscommunications happen all the time, especially as the chats become more inclusive. Overall, it's in your best interest to stay engaged with the chat. You might need to spend 50 crystals on a refresh that you could have 'max-pathed' every now and again, but it's well worth it in the long run. Especially if you have an overly-tribal shard chat.
  • Options
    That’s what I figured. Think of it like this, by you saving crystals by doing a max jump will possibly cause him to have to spend crystals in order to get his payout.

Hit enemies 1st, finished payouts 2nd. If someone is in your way ask them if they can move. If you don’t get a respond in 5 to 10 minutes then I would say you can hit them....but ask the shard chat if this would be ok beforehand.

Working together is better than your shard chat teaming up on you and knocking you back so far that your stuck spending more crystals than you would need to otherwise without a shard chat.

Avoiding payouts who haven’t collected yet is a courteous way of working together with your shard chat. Even if you do have to spend 50 crystals to refresh battles it’s still better than having to refresh multiple times because your shard chat will always target you and knock you back.

I’d apologize, say it won’t happen again and I’d follow the rules they make and work with them if I was you:

Alternatively, this guy knows that there are people whose payouts are before his, and he's jumping into the top 5. Either he needs to wait (and particularly, when he's 13 and someone before him is 12, since it's the same max jump path), not take his max jumps, or understand he's going to get hit.
  • Options

We have a rule that basically says "I can hit everyone in the hour before my payout". We have a list that shows upcoming payouts and if anyone thinks that parking in the middle of the road is a good idea they find out that it is not. Its as simple as that.

Tagging people, asking for permission, refresh to get around others ... this is just crap and a waste of time. The real problem in shard groups are the guys who think they have to stay in top 5 or top 10 all day and these guys are the most likely to complain.

Little tyrants ...
  • Options

Alternatively, this guy knows that there are people whose payouts are before his, and he's jumping into the top 5. Either he needs to wait (and particularly, when he's 13 and someone before him is 12, since it's the same max jump path), not take his max jumps, or understand he's going to get hit.

that's exactly what I was thinking
  • Options
    Member5973 wrote: »

We have a rule that basically says "I can hit everyone in the hour before my payout". We have a list that shows upcoming payouts and if anyone thinks that parking in the middle of the road is a good idea they find out that it is not. Its as simple as that.

Tagging people, asking for permission, refresh to get around others ... this is just crap and a waste of time. The real problem in shard groups are the guys who think they have to stay in top 5 or top 10 all day and these guys are the most likely to complain.

Little tyrants ...

You are exactly right. He does stay in the top 10 all day except for recently because a lot of guys have been climbing. He told me that if I hit him again that "let's see who needs crystals more, a kraken or a ftp" meaning I am the ftp.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Your guy sounds like a colossal baby. If his payout is two hours after yours, one hit shouldn't matter - that's more than enough time for him to regain his spot.

Unfortunately, having dealt with people like this, they're usually really sad guys who have no control over anything else in their lives, so they have to bully strangers on a mobile game in order to feel good about themselves. As such, you're unlikely to get through with reason or logic, but you could give it a shot anyway. Ask if there's some reason he can't get back to his desired position in two hours or if there's some other reason he doesn't want you to hit him. My guess is that the response will be something to the effect of "because I said so, shut up," but hey, I've been wrong before.

Your other options are appealing to other members of the chat about this crybaby behavior, or changing your payout so that it's further away from his.

u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Your guy sounds like a colossal baby. If his payout is two hours after yours, one hit shouldn't matter - that's more than enough time for him to regain his spot.

Unfortunately, having dealt with people like this, they're usually really sad guys who have no control over anything else in their lives, so they have to bully strangers on a mobile game in order to feel good about themselves. As such, you're unlikely to get through with reason or logic, but you could give it a shot anyway. Ask if there's some reason he can't get back to his desired position in two hours or if there's some other reason he doesn't want you to hit him. My guess is that the response will be something to the effect of "because I said so, shut up," but hey, I've been wrong before.

Your other options are appealing to other members of the chat about this crybaby behavior, or changing your payout so that it's further away from his.

I was kinda hoping that I could change my PO hour and go to a totally different arena shard but then I have to go through whole process of find the arena chat again and what if they are just as bad as my current chat ?
  • Options

I was kinda hoping that I could change my PO hour and go to a totally different arena shard but then I have to go through whole process of find the arena chat again and what if they are just as bad as my current chat ?

You don't change shards. Just the PO hour.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    quick question, how many of y'alls shardchats have a guy in charge? And if yours does, why?
    I'm just curious because i seems like something you definately shouldn't want to have.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    "I was told to attack guys that are not part of our group."

"Now I'm afraid if I leave they will do the same to me and I'm afraid of being bullied."

Here is an observation: If you pick on outsiders and push them around to get ahead, YOU are part of the "bullies" already.

Here is a suggestion: Stop being a bully yourself. Quit your shard chat and make a better team and compete.

Ugh.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

I was within the rules to hit him. Rules state that I should not hit him unless no choice. He climbed from 13-8-4. I climbed from 12-8-4. I cannot beat the guy at 5 so I went for him. During my PO hour.

Did you tell this to the group leader as well? If you did, and he's still against you, disregarding, that you acted within the rules of the group, maybe it's time to either change the rules (since apparently they don't apply) or change the leadership (since it doesn't enforce the agreed rules, but instead it's own secret set of rules).
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    quick question, how many of y'alls shardchats have a guy in charge? And if yours does, why?
    I'm just curious because i seems like something you definately shouldn't want to have.

There are like 5 officers. I don't know. I ask the leader and he said it was because they help with some things.
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    "I was told to attack guys that are not part of our group."

"Now I'm afraid if I leave they will do the same to me and I'm afraid of being bullied."

Here is an observation: If you pick on outsiders and push them around to get ahead, YOU are part of the "bullies" already.

Here is a suggestion: Stop being a bully yourself. Quit your shard chat and make a better team and compete.

Ugh.

I didn't the outsider. I couldn't hit him even if I wanted to. I run Traya and he has a fully maxed out New Hope team. Not even my New Hope team can keep up with him.
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »

Did you tell this to the group leader as well? If you did, and he's still against you, disregarding, that you acted within the rules of the group, maybe it's time to either change the rules (since apparently they don't apply) or change the leadership (since it doesn't enforce the agreed rules, but instead it's own secret set of rules).

It's like an echo chamber.
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @artusa Leave that guild and join @GhostTruckin 's Adventurer's inc
    He is an awesome guild leader in a pretty respectable 1 in terms of quality and leadership, and you seem like the calibur of person that would do great there. I jumped in and out of there twice in the past year. All of the officers are consistent, nice, and mature with Discord use.

Oh, and I am not recruiting I am not in that guild anymore. I just really appreciate how upstanding his guild is so don't mind helping get another valuable person for it.