Another failed GA matching

2Next

Replies

• Options
    TRanger wrote: »
    Your a good person leef.....my kind,common sense, clear thought. I won't make any promises, but I will keep this under consideration. I'm too competitive to not give it my all..and it is a lot of hard work for nothing..just so someone who has no problem vs guys like me can continue to get his rocks off seeing me struggle and working so hard to beat him but can't. I truly do not find this feature fun. My own opinion!

I get the being competitive part. I am too and I have yet to have a fair matchup. One way to think about this, though, is that last place also gets rewards. So if you join and only throw random defense out (don’t even bother attacking), you still get rewards. Use those to better your roster and over time be more competitive. You’re only hurting yourself by not joining.

A good analogy is the daily quests. If you hate arena then you don’t have to participate at all. But by not doing the 2 daily matches (even just starting and forfeiting), you give up the daily omega plus arena tokens.

• TRanger
    329 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Thank you scuttlebutt , you are 100% correct. I will only be hurting myself in the long run as far as gaining items. But in the end does it really matter, if these are the type guys I'm destined to face In GA are they not gaining better rewards and will they not continue to get stronger, way stronger as well. I'm done being someone's elses punching bag/ kick ball.

What people are not understanding, unless your the top guys, they will only get stronger and to do that they don't need a decent or fair challenge they only have too beat you, which they will and will be able to continue to do because they are picking up the top rewards. So even after you match there rooster as far as what toons to use maybe even have earned new zatas along the way. They have had plenty of time to build and were litterly given the time, abilities, tools to keep it going so they continue to win. And they won't even have too earn thier top rewards, the same way you are earning the bottom rewards. It is putting a professional player against a collage or high school player. You both have the skill, you both know the game, however the professional player has trained to go up against other players who have trained for the same sport. But guess what.... that professional player isn't being matched up with the same people he has trained against, he is being matched up against the guy in collage. The guys he can beat..so he never has feel the same defeats.

Thank you for your post...your suggestion has merrit. but is it for me? Alot of effort for really nothing, I still don't see it haveing any worth. Maybe from time to time I will log into it just to see how it has evolved. But I still don't find it fun. For me TW started our fun, not so much now, I see it going the way of GA. All the same a few people have the same spark about GA as I did with first TW. So good luck too them.
    Post edited by TRanger on
  • Options
    Thank you scuttlebutt , you are 100% correct. I will only be hurting myself in the long run as far as gaining items. But in the end does it really matter, if these are the type guys I'm destined to face In GA are they not gaining better rewards and will they not continue to get stronger, way stronger as well. I'm done being someone's elses punching bag/ kick ball.

What people are not understanding, unless your the top guys, they will only get stronger and to do that they don't need a decent or fair challenge they only have too beat you, which they will and will be able to continue to do because they are picking up the top rewards. So even after you match there rooster as far as what toons to use maybe even have earned new zatas along the way. They have had plenty of time to build and were litterly given the time, abilities, tools to keep it going so they continue to win. And they won't even have too earn thier top rewards, the same way you are earning the bottom rewards. It is putting a professional player against a collage or high school player. You both have the skill, you both know the game, however the professional player has trained to go up against other players who have trained for the same sport. But guess what.... that professional player isn't being matched up with the same people he has trained against, he is being matched up against the guy in collage. The guys he can beat..so he never has feel the same defeats.

Thank you for your post...your suggestion has merrit. but is it for me? Alot of effort for really nothing, I still don't see it haveing any worth. Maybe from time to time I will log into it just to see how it has evolved. But I still don't find it fun. For me TW started our fun, not so much now, I see it going the way of GA. All the same a few people have the same spark about GA as I did with first TW. So good luck too them.

If you’re opponents get better rewards, they’ll progress faster than you and eventually no longer be matched with you. But you can’t gear up the good characters if you don’t also get rewards.

Again, I understand where you’re coming from, but I’m just saying it only hurts you to not join. From this point on, if you get laser focused on refining your roster for GA, you can eventually be at the top of the new set of opponents. You just have to be selective with your gear.

Regardless, I’m just giving advice...take it or leave it.

• Options
    I agree with you 100% but believe me I have set on the bottom every single GA..I do the daily challenges, I'm not even fixing my mods at the moment..unless I just happen to see the opportunity to. And the bottom rewards are mostly mod upgrades.. very little.salvage. no zatas or omagas, those are needed for competitive.toon.upgrades alot more then mod upgrades. I can't, don't want to even imagine what my GP would be if I was rushing mod replacement especially for GA.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Thank you scuttlebutt , you are 100% correct. I will only be hurting myself in the long run as far as gaining items. But in the end does it really matter, if these are the type guys I'm destined to face In GA are they not gaining better rewards and will they not continue to get stronger, way stronger as well.

[...]

What people are not understanding, unless your the top guys, they will only get stronger and to do that they don't need a decent or fair challenge they only have too beat you, which they will and will be able to continue to do because they are picking up the top rewards.

Yes, the winner of your GA group will win better rewards, but as soon as you both equip your rewards, the winner will gain more GP than you do, and you will probably not be matched with him again (unless you catch up some other way). The fact that the winner gains better rewards will not cause you to loose your next battle as well.