The Next P3 STR Solo - CLS Lead!

Replies

• Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Happy to see this video this morning. Was waiting for it since the Mega last night.

One note to add on your commentary: I don't think Chirpatine could ever solo p3 of tank. Palp triggers the tm gain from Furious Foe (as well as the counters and subsequent tm gain). So I believe there was a damage cap of around 2 million.

The first HAAT p3 Solo team that I remember was something like Thrawn, Krennic, Shore, TFP and Jyn. I think it took close to 3 hours to solo. Later I think ewoks with Wicket could do it. But these were whale only teams, as Krennic and Shore were on single hard nodes when refresh price was double and you only got 3 attempts.

Also I think one of the videos had a Jyn over 300 speed before g12 and mod slicing (and possibly before 100% drop rate on mod challenges? Certainly when mod store still charged crystals instead of ship credits).

There was a 2nd one that came out right before JTR that used CLS, Han, R2, Thrawn, and Nebit
  • Options
    Since this strategy is relieant on ezra calling c3po to assist, meaning it can't be done on auto, and is relieant on the rng factor of traya resisting debuffs it's technically not a loop. So even if it can solo p3 it's wai and shouldn't be changed by devs.
  • Options
    Since this strategy is relieant on ezra calling c3po to assist, meaning it can't be done on auto, and is relieant on the rng factor of traya resisting debuffs it's technically not a loop. So even if it can solo p3 it's wai and shouldn't be changed by devs.

If your potency is low enough there is no RNG with the resists. Rewarding low potency is a terrible mechanic, and is similar to how they didn’t like rewarding a weak zombie.

• Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    A strong 3p0 could run it. Traya gets 50% stacking tenacity each time she is hit until she takes her next turn, so you just have to hit her 3 times before you topple her and she'll have +150% tenacity going into the topple, won't she?

Or does toppling her count as her taking a turn?

@Bulldog1205

EDIT: hit her 4 times and you wouldn't have to worry about secret intel spreading either, which frankly seems like a pain in the butt to not use ever.

It resets when she is downed.
  • Options

If your potency is low enough there is no RNG with the resists. Rewarding low potency is a terrible mechanic, and is similar to how they didn’t like rewarding a weak zombie.

True. I'm in the same boat as you with a maxed ability g11 c3po. We'll have to wait and see what they decide to do, if anything. But seeing how this isn't a topple traya, push auto deal like infinnite loop, i doubt they will do anything. But i could be wrong.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Happy to see this video this morning. Was waiting for it since the Mega last night.

One note to add on your commentary: I don't think Chirpatine could ever solo p3 of tank. Palp triggers the tm gain from Furious Foe (as well as the counters and subsequent tm gain). So I believe there was a damage cap of around 2 million.

The first HAAT p3 Solo team that I remember was something like Thrawn, Krennic, Shore, TFP and Jyn. I think it took close to 3 hours to solo. Later I think ewoks with Wicket could do it. But these were whale only teams, as Krennic and Shore were on single hard nodes when refresh price was double and you only got 3 attempts.

Also I think one of the videos had a Jyn over 300 speed before g12 and mod slicing (and possibly before 100% drop rate on mod challenges? Certainly when mod store still charged crystals instead of ship credits).

There was a 2nd one that came out right before JTR that used CLS, Han, R2, Thrawn, and Nebit

I remember that one now. I think it was faster. In the video he was trying to remember the very first one that took a really long time.
  • Options
    A strong 3p0 could run it. Traya gets 50% stacking tenacity each time she is hit until she takes her next turn, so you just have to hit her 3 times before you topple her and she'll have +150% tenacity going into the topple, won't she?

Or does toppling her count as her taking a turn?

@Bulldog1205

EDIT: hit her 4 times and you wouldn't have to worry about secret intel spreading either, which frankly seems like a pain in the butt to not use ever.

It resets when she is downed.

Well that sucks. You wouldn't think it would since the number of turns she has taken doesn't change and that's supposed to be the only thing that resets those stacks in the description ( her taking a turn).
  • Options

S

True. I'm in the same boat as you with a maxed ability g11 c3po. We'll have to wait and see what they decide to do, if anything. But seeing how this isn't a topple traya, push auto deal like infinnite loop, i doubt they will do anything. But i could be wrong.

I think they have to change something. Either embrace it and give Traya tenacity through her topple, or remove the mechanic altogether somehow. They can’t punish investing in characters.
  • Options
    A problem is that BB-8 is needed in P1... who can replace him? Chuwe?
  • Options

I get them all confused. It’s been so long. I do remember it needed Thrawn and Shore. Wasn’t there a Vader lead there that utilizes the TM reduction? I just remember that I had it down to almost exactly 1 hour. It was horrible but my guild would schedule the raid around when I could be home to get them through P3. People forget how tough that raid was at first.
  • Options
    Great idea (and best timing)!
  • Options
    Actual genius...

When’s c3po back?
    Muahahahahaha
  • Options
    However this will most likely be flagged as an issue so you'd be wise to exercise caution when intentionally not gearing C3P0.

It's a shame this didn't come out a week before, maybe they would have pushed pause on the Finn change and actually looked at the root cause of the issue: their poorly tested Goldenrod.

It directly violates their own stated rule that you should never be rewarded for under-gearing. Whether it's all game modes or only one particular raid, it shouldn't matter.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    How are you in a bad way for not gearing or levelling one ability of C3PO? If it changes then you are safe, if it doesn't then you are guaranteed better Histh rewards?

The funny thing is even if they try another fix, watch people again find another way to solo Traya using C3PO, and again, and again...

They made him crazy good, gonna be hard to stop him being crazy good in the raid.
  • Options
    @Bulldog1205 Why not trying SRP instead of BB8 to release him for P1.
    He is a rebel so he benefits from CLS lead compared to BB8 and give consistant 15% TM to the team.
    You loose potential 15% from 3PO and he will reset less his CD I know but probably worth a try.
  • Options
    Dayma wrote: »
    He is a rebel so he benefits from CLS lead compared to BB8 and give consistant 15% TM to the team.
    You loose potential 15% from 3PO and he will reset less his CD I know but probably worth a try.

I think the cooldown reset is the important part here. Will you still be able to get OMG off every turn without BB8 calling him for the assist? It’s a 3 turn cooldown, Ezra assist call gets you 1, you need one more from somewhere?

What about...wait for it...Bodhi Rook? Rebel, debuff on basic, plus an assist call special that grants himself 30% TM. Although that’s a 4 turn cd, so that probably wouldn’t work. Hera also has the assist call, on 3 turn cd... Chopper is called as an assist to Phoenix and Droid, and reduces cooldowns, but the percentages seem too low for that to be consistently viable.

Looks like BB8 might be the only option... Maybe Finn rework will open up an option for a viable p1 team without him?
  • Options
    Dayma wrote: »

I think the cooldown reset is the important part here. Will you still be able to get OMG off every turn without BB8 calling him for the assist? It’s a 3 turn cooldown, Ezra assist call gets you 1, you need one more from somewhere?

What about...wait for it...Bodhi Rook? Rebel, debuff on basic, plus an assist call special that grants himself 30% TM. Although that’s a 4 turn cd, so that probably wouldn’t work. Hera also has the assist call, on 3 turn cd... Chopper is called as an assist to Phoenix and Droid, and reduces cooldowns, but the percentages seem too low for that to be consistently viable.

Looks like BB8 might be the only option... Maybe Finn rework will open up an option for a viable p1 team without him?

You’ve got it. Hera would work but she grants extra potency on her assist, so that hurts. But maybe possible and an option if you don’t want to lose BB-8 for P1.
  • Options

I remember that one now. I think it was faster. In the video he was trying to remember the very first one that took a really long time.

Yeah it was called Imperial Grand Maneuver and abused the Ebb and Flow zeta in combination with Thrawn lead giving an extra special to empire toons. You needed Thran and Shore then two more with at least two specials so you would constantly remove TM(Krennic, Emperor and Tarkin were the best) and then you used Jyn cause she was the nuts until CLS came :p It took nearly 2 hours if I recall.
  • Tanzos
    219 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    If we've learned anything with how CG handles these kind of things, it's that they never consistent. You can't assume anything of what they'll do.

Remember when they changed Zylo's cooldown reduction on Escape but didn't change for zFinn, even when it was stated as not a bug?

Or the Acolyte/Traya exploit but they change Acolyte instead of Traya? I still miss Acolyte's double tap.

But for StHan loop they only changed Raid Traya's ability to fix it.

Or recently zFinn loop but instead of just fixing the loop with Raid Traya they do a full on rework? Although I'm impartial, Finn does seem better on paper.

You just never know what they'll do.
  • Options
    CG's only Golden Rule is that they will do whatever they deem necessary to keep the revenue train viable for as long as possible.

Cassian Andor comes to mind here with all the debuffs he tries to apply with every ability. His unique would award a Potency buff to 3PO at the beginning of battle, but that will expire after 3 turns.
  • Options
    Lol found this quote by CG_TopHat about Paper Zombie
    “At its core, this strategy primarily breaks a core tenant/rule of the game - investing more deeply in a character should always be better in terms of gameplay outcomes; more health, more damage, more functionality, etc. This is a game about strategic resource management and you should be rewarded for strategically investing in a character. People who did this investment were then punished, because there is no way to “level down” a character. This doesn’t always perfectly hold up, but we do our best to hold to the spirit of that core pillar as much as we possibly can.”
  • Options
    Spooderham wrote: »
    Lol found this quote by CG_TopHat about Paper Zombie
    “At its core, this strategy primarily breaks a core tenant/rule of the game - investing more deeply in a character should always be better in terms of gameplay outcomes; more health, more damage, more functionality, etc. This is a game about strategic resource management and you should be rewarded for strategically investing in a character. People who did this investment were then punished, because there is no way to “level down” a character. This doesn’t always perfectly hold up, but we do our best to hold to the spirit of that core pillar as much as we possibly can.”

Tell that to the rebel teams that had combat analysis zetaed back when EP first got his rework.
  • Options
    So I was wrong that this can’t be done with a max C3PO. This took me 4 raid tries and the final attempt was an hour long, but I nearly pulled off the solo. 1 error did me in and cost me the full run. Video uploading while I head to work.

l0npuglteuhy.png
  • Options
    So I was wrong that this can’t be done with a max C3PO. This took me 4 raid tries and the final attempt was an hour long, but I nearly pulled off the solo. 1 error did me in and cost me the full run. Video uploading while I head to work.

l0npuglteuhy.png

Nice! I spy SRP in for Han. Guaranteed 15% TM makes it more consistent than Han? Nice to have a potential second use for him as I gear for Bistan’s uwing.
  • StarSon
    7442 posts Member
    Options

l0npuglteuhy.png

Looks like I was wrong again. Well done :)

Though, I wouldn't worry about anyone being nerfed. This is the equivalent of the first tank p3 solo. Sure, you can do it, but at over an hour on manual almost no one will.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

l0npuglteuhy.png

Though, I wouldn't worry about anyone being nerfed. This is the equivalent of the first tank p3 solo. Sure, you can do it, but at over an hour on manual almost no one will.

It won’t be as prevalent. But it will still be huge for guilds that can’t do HSR otherwise. And while I don’t think it’s worth an hour for the extra rewards, I guarantee you some people will spend an hour to jump from bottom 10 to top 10 in the raid for extra G12 pieces and/or Traya shards.

Somewhere out there someone is going to be ticked because their guildmate is getting Traya maxed twice as fast because they have a weak C3PO and can do this more reliably while the people with maxed C3PO struggle to get it done. CG can’t let that situation exist. A change has to come in some form. I say just leave Finn as is and make accept the easier solo runs.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

l0npuglteuhy.png

It won’t be as prevalent. But it will still be huge for guilds that can’t do HSR otherwise. And while I don’t think it’s worth an hour for the extra rewards, I guarantee you some people will spend an hour to jump from bottom 10 to top 10 in the raid for extra G12 pieces and/or Traya shards.

Somewhere out there someone is going to be ticked because their guildmate is getting Traya maxed twice as fast because they have a weak C3PO and can do this more reliably while the people with maxed C3PO struggle to get it done. CG can’t let that situation exist. A change has to come in some form. I say just leave Finn as is and make accept the easier solo runs.

Leaving my 3PO at g8 right now for exactly this reason, at least until I see how this shakes out. Unfortunately I had already maxed the potency ability...
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Looks like my SRP suggestion was spot on. ;)
  • komji15
    534 posts Member
    Options
    Too much time.
    I’ll wait someone try that.😂😂
  • Options

l0npuglteuhy.png

How much speed do you have on each of them?