T3 zeta. Defense penetration.

Prev13
Does anyone know if his ability to increase defense pen actually means armor pen and special pen???? I mean he at full max has 0 defense pen and an ability that increases his defense pen by 100%+ the zeta shares it with other droids.. so is this ability a complete and utter waste or does someone have knowledge if it's just a stupid bugged typo???

Replies

• Options
    He need g12+ pieces ;) than it is really noticable
  • Options
    IMO T3's DefPen becomes 0%+100%=100% from unique, and that 100% DefPen is shard with other droids.
    And about the DefPen's definition, i think it means both Armor and Resistance Pen. Armor, Crit Immunity and Accuracy stat from Mods works the same way.
  • Options
    After reading many threads about Defense Penetration, the best conclusion I've been able to reach is "nobody really understands how it works, but it's probably better than not having it"
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    From what I understood, defense penetration does affect both physical and special damage.
  • Options
    Reptillor wrote: »
    Because "added defense pen" may as well say "add 0 things" I mean look at genocians sun fac ultimate "add +% critical avoidance to all seperasts ships." Well none of those ships have critical avoidance so it's a useless line of text. If it didnt add other benefits. Cg needs to fix what they have instead of spam creating new characters.

Critical avoidance % added means that geos gains that amount,% defense penetration added means that % of the base is added to base.
  • Juzz
    366 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    First thing:
    +100% in not equal 2x as it is additive and not multilplicative. Like the +15% offense on mods.

And by identical comparison, offense means physical and special damage. Thus armor penetration means armor and resistance penetration.

You could argue about or check the info on swgoh.gg about it clicking Level 8 on the page:
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/t3-m4/ability/master-gearhead

About how the penetrations work, it's not that complicated. The ammount of penetration substract P/S defense. Then armor/resistance are calculated (as they hae always been calculated values based on the defenses) and the resultant % is stripped from the total damage of the attack.
    Post edited by Juzz on
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • Options
    Its 0%+100%=100%
    Not 0%+(0%×100%)=0%
  • Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    After reading many threads about Defense Penetration, the best conclusion I've been able to reach is "nobody really understands how it works, but it's probably better than not having it"

I have both of T3’s zetas and this is basically it lol. My JTR, R2, bb8, 3PO team does a lot more damage in P1 of STR since getting the zeta so yea no idea how it works but better than not having it.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Regardless... T3 makes the droids do WAY more damage when he’s on the team

I find it hard to sacrifice him in a droid setup...

.... kinda makes me wonder who’s spot he’s gonna take for this new Grevious team that’s right around the corner ;)
  • Options
    + means +. This is a silly argument.
  • Options
    It +s a %..... I add 100% apples to your basket of 0 apples it's still 0.. this argument nor is this question silly. It's a legitimate concern I want some game developer to answer.

Good luck waiting for that. In the meantime, your question has been answered and you have discarded the answer.

The majority of mechanics like this can be explained by reading the detailed swgoh.gg descriptions.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Killbot5000
    714 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    My t3 is gear 11. Says 0 defense pen, but the zeta added massive damage

Also, it really, litterally says + 100% defense penetration. Its not multiplying anything. Plus will always be plus, and nothing can change the definition of what that means, whether it be in the form of percents, square feet, degrees, etc. Its adding percentages. Its basic math presented as a sentence, rather than an equation.ibl9fh9e1ehi.jpg

If I have 0% of a pizza plus 100% of a pizza I have 100% of pizza, or in other words, a pizza...
    I'm no scientist, but I am an elementary school teacher and this description is no different than the story problems that 4th graders learn. Its not bad wording. His ability is very clearly worded.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Defense penetration is armor and resistance penetration combined and labelled into one term.
  • Options
    Yeah but that's assuming we come to that conclusion all by ourselves. I didnt, and by the people who are telling me it adds to the defense pen stat they also weren't aware of that.

It's like adding an ability saying add 50% to super attack. They add a new stat called super attack but its 0 on all characters. Are people supposed to know that instead of effecting that 0 stat it adds 50% to both special and physical attack damage?

They save 5-10 words in a description for a lot of confusion by the masses.

Oh Man. Offense doesnt say is physical and special attack bonus and I don't see any complains about it. As I said way before. It's the exact same thing with defense penetration.
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • Options
    My t3 is gear 11. Says 0 defense pen, but the zeta added massive damage. Defense penetration is combined armour and resistance penetration. I assumed most longterm players of any rpg style game would have just kind of known that

Also, it really, litterally says + 100% defense penetration. Its not multiplying anything. Its adding percentages. Its basic math presented as a sentence, rather than an equation. Its not worded as code in the ability, its worded as a simple story problem.

If I have 0% of a pizza plus 100% of a pizza I have 100% of pizza, or in other words, a pizza...
    I'm no scientist, but I am an elementary school teacher and this description is no different than the story problems that 4th graders learn.
    There is nothing in there that should confuse anyone. It wasn't a matter of higher intelligence at all in proving that.

Its 4th grade math dude!