Single hard note fleet farm

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Isn't 24 attempts a day only 8 shards- 168 in 21 days still leaves you a long way short?
    Keyboard Warrior on the side of the Moderates
    I play the game for fun, if you don't like content, don't like the game, then why are you here?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    I'm top 20 Fleet & top 50 Arena - all of my daily crystal income has gone to powering up Fallen Bastila & Canderous.

You're either a snowflake whale or a fanboy who can't hear legitimate criticism of CGs poor move. I did plan for LS Revan & got him first time around, as compared to these it was a much easier farm. This one essentially requires you to spend a large amount of money, even if you did dedicate 100% of resources to farming these characters since fallen/canderous became farmable.

so you are getting 250 crystalls instead of 900 a day from arenas

...uhh like 99% of game ain't getting 900 bra
  • Options
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Pentagon wrote: »
    Sorry for silly question, why is fleet farm so much harder?

It's not "harder" but it's more "expensive" than either a Cantina or a Light/Dark Node.

Light/Dark - 375 free energy per day + you can get an extra 360 energy for 150c.
    Cantina/Fleet - 165 free energy per day + you can get an extra 360 energy for 300c.

Light/Dark/Fleet - You have to pay crystals to refresh the nodes - 25c for sims 9-16, 50c for 17-24 etc.
    Cantina - No node refreshes - unlimited attempts per day for free if you have the energy

So basically the Fleet energy takes the most expensive aspects of the Cantina and Light/Dark nodes and combines them. To sim the Carth node 24 times per day, you need to buy the three energy refreshes, and reset the node twice for a total cost of 375c per day. A 20 energy light/dark node would only need one energy refresh and reset the node twice for a total cost of 125c per day.
    Thank you, exactly explains why this change to a 'single fleet node' is a bit of a toxic move in my view.

Only thing is you need 2 energy refreshes which land it at 275 a day (as you get a full refresh for free over the day).

If you want to sim 24 times per day, you need a total of 480 energy (20 x 24). 2 energy refreshes would give 240 energy, plus the 175 free = 415 energy per day, so you would fall short by about 4 sims. 3 energy refreshes will end up giving you about 45 overage every day, so every 3rd day you could save 100c by only buying 2 energy refreshes (or you could refresh the node a third time and do 32 sims that day).
  • ScrawnyKid88
    72 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    "Honey why are you so upset?"
    "Mom, they put Carth on a fleet node! A fleet node! How dare they?"
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    I prefer to think about it this way, Canderous was on an easier cantina farm, so i finished him off rather quickly using crystal refreshes. All the crystals i spent on canderous can just go towards Carth. Badstilla is far enough along that i can drop her to 1 refresh a day and now Juhani gets the 2x.
    Yeah i get the whole 20 energy fleet node is rough, but they wouldn't have created that farming content without plans on utilizing it

Yeah, the plan being to give us even worse farming option than regular hard node. That's how CG operates - complain about something and they come up with something worse. Remember the prehistoric days when we could actually farm from stores and hard node farms were the exception?
  • Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    "Toxic" is one of those words that people have made meaningless through overuse. It's gotten to where anything somebody doesn't like is "toxic."

Would I rather he was easier to farm? Sure. Do I expect CG to change it because they saw me complaining about it on a forum? Not in a million years.
    It's true in this case, gaming has descended so far into this toxic cansio style system of loot-boxes & paid for energy crystals.

Pardon me for preferring the days where I could buy a game for £30 or later on pay a nice £10 a month to get the content instead of the new standard of £300 a character some are paying.

EA is the worst thing to happen to gaming & it's a **** shame they have the rights to star wars games.

Nobody's forcing you to play the game. If it's so awful you can stop playing. It's allowed.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    "Toxic" is one of those words that people have made meaningless through overuse. It's gotten to where anything somebody doesn't like is "toxic."

Would I rather he was easier to farm? Sure. Do I expect CG to change it because they saw me complaining about it on a forum? Not in a million years.
    It's true in this case, gaming has descended so far into this toxic cansio style system of loot-boxes & paid for energy crystals.

Pardon me for preferring the days where I could buy a game for £30 or later on pay a nice £10 a month to get the content instead of the new standard of £300 a character some are paying.

EA is the worst thing to happen to gaming & it's a **** shame they have the rights to star wars games.

Nobody's forcing you to play the game. If it's so awful you can stop playing. It's allowed.

stop playing...that's not how addiction works...
  • Options
    The fact that he's on a 20e Fleet node speaks to how good his character is. I faced a Carth-led OR squad last GA, and it was very tough (mission, zaalbar, bindo, canderous, and only 3* carth). So I was a bit disappointed when they stuck him on a Fleet node as I'd like to farm him regardless of a DR/Malak event, but not terribly surprised. I had a bad feeling about Fleet nodes from day one.
    Maybe we'll get a Galactic Bounties 3 with Carth in it, and then everyone can complain about how hard his event is.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    I'm curious as to what makes a Fleet Hard node such a bad choice for this? I know that Cantina nodes or a shop are the best, but why so much hate for Fleet Hard? Would the preference be a light side hard node? I'm pretty sure no one complained about Young Lando/ MilFal on a fleet node.
  • Options
    yuuzhanron wrote: »
    I'm curious as to what makes a Fleet Hard node such a bad choice for this? I know that Cantina nodes or a shop are the best, but why so much hate for Fleet Hard? Would the preference be a light side hard node? I'm pretty sure no one complained about Young Lando/ MilFal on a fleet node.

It was explained earlier, but it's the most costly type of node to farm, in addition to needing a pretty solid fleet to 3* and therefore sim.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    I prefer to think about it this way, Canderous was on an easier cantina farm, so i finished him off rather quickly using crystal refreshes. All the crystals i spent on canderous can just go towards Carth. Badstilla is far enough along that i can drop her to 1 refresh a day and now Juhani gets the 2x.
    Yeah i get the whole 20 energy fleet node is rough, but they wouldn't have created that farming content without plans on utilizing it

Yeah, the plan being to give us even worse farming option than regular hard node. That's how CG operates - complain about something and they come up with something worse. Remember the prehistoric days when we could actually farm from stores and hard node farms were the exception?

oh god..farming FOST on 3 attemps and 50-100 uggg that was the worst

Lando falcon was not needed for anything important really

This guy prob needed for a journy and ebon hawk... it's painful

currently (not much longer) I can do 3 mod refill, 3 cantina refill, 3 energy refill and 1 fleet refill and break even after a few refreshes....but thats now..once sith take over again it would cost me 20 bucks every few days to do that... now having to do 3 ship refills and 3 refreshes.... it's costs $$$$$$$
    kalidor wrote: »
    The fact that he's on a 20e Fleet node speaks to how good his character is. I faced a Carth-led OR squad last GA, and it was very tough (mission, zaalbar, bindo, canderous, and only 3* carth). So I was a bit disappointed when they stuck him on a Fleet node as I'd like to farm him regardless of a DR/Malak event, but not terribly surprised. I had a bad feeling about Fleet nodes from day one.
    Maybe we'll get a Galactic Bounties 3 with Carth in it, and then everyone can complain about how hard his event is.

I like IG88 lead with big z mission, vandor, candrous or L3.... protection regen for z and mission sick

• Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options

I imagine the response to your question would be:
    1) Fleet Hard nodes are much pricier to farm than any of the other nodes (slower charge, expensive resets, etc)
    2) Nobody complained about Young Lando/MilFalc because they weren't required to unlock a legendary character, as virtually everybody expects Carth to be required for Darth Revan.

I farmed Young Lando and he's now 7* and it took a long time since I didn't drop any crystals on him. It was a casual farm. But I can understand the rage here. If Carth is required for Darth Revan, you likely won't be able to casually farm him as I did with Young Lando. If you casually farm Carth, by the time you unlock him there will be another 2 or so legendaries out by then.
  • Options
    It's simple. Need to do at least 3 refreshes. Plus get him if he pops up in shipments.

Juhani should be ok
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    This is way easier than the first Revan. Bastila and Canderous have been farmable a long time already, about twice as long as Bastila and Jolee had been before the other 3 OR hit. And they were in different locations making it quite possible to already be done with both of them. The result is that there is no real conflict in which characters to farm in a particular location at all. And there are only 4 characters total instead of 5. Plus a lot more people were on top of this farm after seeing how the first one worked out.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »
    This is way easier than the first Revan. Bastila and Canderous have been farmable a long time already, about twice as long as Bastila and Jolee had been before the other 3 OR hit. And they were in different locations making it quite possible to already be done with both of them. The result is that there is no real conflict in which characters to farm in a particular location at all. And there are only 4 characters total instead of 5. Plus a lot more people were on top of this farm after seeing how the first one worked out.

Agreed. This seems easier than the vets were too for JTR. Almost too easy....
  • Options

I don't disagree with most of that, all I'm saying is that until people stop being willing to throw money at it, this model isn't going anywhere. Huge companies don't get huge by doing stuff out of the kindness of their hearts. They do it by wringing every penny out of everything that they possibly can.

All people would have to do is stop spending. Or hell, even just spend a bit less. But they won't, because most people don't have impulse control and the FTP model has been honed to a razor's edge to capitalize on that.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Good grief there's a lot of crying over this. No one is entitled to have a new character when it comes out...and CG wants to cash in on those who are willing to spend for it.

It hasn't been a secret that this was coming for awhile now. Those who wanted to make sure to have these toons ready did what they had to do....those who planned poorly or didn't plan at all will miss out. It's that simple.